Review and comparison of the top Globalscape Alternatives with features and pricing to help you choose the best Globalscape competitor for your business:
Globalscape offers secure enterprise data exchange solutions that will help you with securing and automating the movement and integration of data. EFT Arcus is a cloud-managed file transfer solution. It provides agility and elasticity. EFT™ is an on-premise managed file transfer solution.
EFT Arcus provides compliance with regulations such as PCI DSS, HIPAA, GDPR, SOX, FIPS, etc. It facilitates the secure sharing of files internally as well as externally. Enlyft research says that Globalscape has a market share of 1.06% and most of its customers are in US.
What You Will Learn:
- Globalscape Alternatives
- List of Top Globalscape Alternatives
- Globalscape Managed File Transfer Solution
- Comparison of Top Globalscape Competitors
- #1) JSCAPE MFT SERVER (Recommended)
- #2) ActiveBatch (Recommended)
- #3) GoAnywhere MFT
- #4) MOVEit ipswitch
- #5) Axway Amplify
- #6) Accellion Secure Managed File Transfer
- #7) Tibco Managed File Transfer
- #8) Biscom
- #9) Cleo Integration Platform
- #10) SRT Cornerstone
The below image shows the distribution of companies using Globalscape by Country:
Features of Globalscape
These are as follows:
- EFT Arcus has functionalities for automating the exchange of data among people and systems.
- It provides visibility on the movement of data.
- EFT is a comprehensive and user-friendly solution with features of built-in regulatory compliance controls, workflow automation, folder monitoring, and high availability.
- EFT provides the features of two-factor authentication and data encryption at rest & in transit.
- It contains the capabilities of visibility, auditing, and reporting.
The below image shows the statistics of this research:
List of Top Globalscape Alternatives
Here is the list of the top alternatives of Globalscape MFT solution:
- JSCAPE MFT SERVER (Recommended)
- ActiveBatch (Recommended)
- GoAnywhere MFT
- MOVEit ipswitch
- Axway Amplify
- Accellion File Transfer
- Tibco Managed File Transfer
- Cleo Integration Platform
- SRT Cornerstone
Recommended Reading =>> Managed File Transfer Software Solutions
Globalscape Managed File Transfer Solution
|Tool Name||Best for||Protocols||Deployment Options||Free Trial|
|Globalscape||The capabilities of automation, collaboration, and analysis.||HIPAA, HITECH, SOX, PCI DSS, CCPA, etc.||On-premise, cloud, or hybrid configuration.||Free trial available.|
Comparison of Top Globalscape Competitors
|Competitors_Rank||Best for||Protocols||Deployment Options||Free Trial|
|#1) JSCAPE MFT Server||All-in-one file transfer solution.||FTP/s, SFTP, SCP, OFTP2, etc.||On-premises, hybrid environment, cloud, and SaaS/MFTaaS||Available for 7 days.|
|#2) ActiveBatch||Automating the managed file transfer processes.||SFTP, FTPS, web tunneling, & TSL/SSL.||On-premise, cloud, virtual or hybrid||Demo available.|
|#3) GoAnywhere MFT||Extensive security setting & detailed audit trails.||SFTP, FTPS, HTTPS, etc.||Cloud-based, On-premise, & as MFTaaS hosted plan.||Available|
|#4) MOVEit ipswitch||Complete visibility & control over file transfer.||FTP, FTPS, SFTP, HTTP/S, SMTP/POP3, etc.||MFT-as-a-service, public cloud, on-premise, & hybrid cloud.||Available|
|#5) Axway Amplify||Secure, flexible, and scalable file transfer platform.||--||On-premise, Cloud, and Hybrid||No|
Let us review these above-listed alternatives below.
#1) JSCAPE MFT SERVER (Recommended)
Best for all-in-one file transfer.
JSCAPE MFT Server is easy to use and platform-independent solution. It facilitates a highly secure method to exchange data internally as well as between trading partners. Data exchange made through the JSCAPE MFT server will be compliant with PCI DSS, SOX, HIPAA, and GLBA. It will let you offer a secure web-based file transfer gateway to your clients and for that, there is no need to install any software.
- JSCAPE MFT Server has capabilities for automating the file transfers between trading partners.
- It has functions to respond to server-side events.
- It offers unlimited domains, users, and concurrent connections, at the same time it supports unlimited trading partners, triggers, network storage, and directory monitors.
- Migration services are also available with JSCAPE.
Verdict: JSCAPE MFT Server unifies all the file transfer services and processes in a single solution. This platform-independent solution can be used as an on-premise solution or as a hosted managed file transfer service.
Price: JSCAPE offers flexible licensing options. You can get a quote for this reliable and secure solution.
#2) ActiveBatch (Recommended)
Best for automating the managed file transfer processes.
ActiveBatch is a central automation hub with the capabilities for scheduling and monitoring the processes. It has functionalities to automate managed file transfer processes. It can be used for different technologies and use cases. Various file transfer protocols such as SFTP and FTPS are supported by ActiveBatch.
- ActiveBatch has an integrated jobs library with various pre-built actions.
- It has parallel transfer capabilities and built-in checks to ensure the successful transmission of files.
- It performs real-time monitoring and provides in-depth views to give you visibility into automated managed file transfer activity and the system performance.
- It will let you grant the user permissions according to Windows Security Model.
- This can go beyond simply MFT and cover the end-to-end process.
Verdict: ActiveBatch workload automation platform provides the features and functionalities to consolidate and coordinate enterprise file transfer processes. ActiveBatch provides the enhanced data security for the secured file transfer.
Price: You can get a quote for pricing details. There will not be any extra charge for higher CPU or core counts and the price for the solution will be based on the number of servers.
#3) GoAnywhere MFT
Best for extensive security settings & detailed audit trails.
GoAnywhere offers the enterprise secure file transfer solution that has capabilities for centralizing and securing the file transfers. X12, XML, and EDIFACT files can be translated and moved quickly and securely among locations. It offers the features to replace manual processes and legacy scripts used for automating secure file transfers.
- This enterprise secure file transfer software will protect your data by providing the features of file encryption, security, and compliance.
- It supports cloud integrations throughout-of-the-box cloud connectors or by letting you create your own.
- It provides secure collaboration features that facilitate easy sharing of files.
Verdict: GoAnywhere MFT will secure and automate data exchange. It secures and simplifies the data movement across all environments and applications. It offers flexible pricing plans.
Price: A free trial of 30 days is available for GoAnywhere MFT. You can get a quote for pricing details.
Website: GoAnywhere MFT
#4) MOVEit ipswitch
Best for complete visibility & control over file transfer.
MOVEit Managed File Transfer Software is available in three modules, MOVEit Transfer, MOVEit Automation, and MOVEit Cloud. You can choose the functionalities as per your requirement. MOVEit Transfer is a module for all file transfer activities.
MOVEit Automation provides advanced workflow automation functions. With the help of it, you will automate the workflows without scripting. MOVEit Cloud provides MFT-as-a-Service.
- To ensure zero downtime, MOVEit has Neverfail Failover Manager.
- It provides the feature of DMZ Proxy Gateway that protects confidential data behind the firewall.
- It has the capabilities of secure end-user collaboration and mobile managed file transfer.
- MOVEit Mulesoft Connector is for integrating MFT functionalities with any application of Mulesoft’s iPaaS solution.
Verdict: MOVEit Transfer will give you better control over the management of core business processes. It offers security, centralized access controls, file encryption, and activity tracking. It offers flexibility with the deployment options such as MFT-as-a-Service, on-premises, to the cloud, or hybrid cloud solutions.
Price: You can get a quote for pricing details and try the platform for free.
Website: MOVEit ipswitch
#5) Axway Amplify
Best for secure, flexible, and scalable file transfer platform.
Axway offers the managed file transfer solution that can be used for moving large portions of the global money supply, transferring critical healthcare information, etc. Axway Amplify is an API management platform. You can make use of APIs for creating new services by integrating file transfers into business applications.
- Axway provides the facility to reuse the MFT templates, this makes the process of establishing business with a new partner fast.
- It provides the features for protecting data with granular visibility.
- It provides real-time operational intelligence that will help you with correcting issues.
- Its multi-platform, multi-site file transfer controller will help you with building critical, high-volume, and application-to-application data flows.
Verdict: Axway MFT provides file transfer flexibility, scalability, and security. You will be able to manage the entire MFT ecosystem through a centralized configuration and administration. It provides containerized deployment and zero-downtime updates.
Price: You can get a quote for pricing details.
Website: Axway Amplify
#6) Accellion Secure Managed File Transfer
Best for sharing confidential information in a simple, secure, and private way.
Accellion Secure Managed File Transfer is a platform for streamlining and securing large-scale file transfer operations. It will help you with preventing compliance violations by setting granular policy controls. It protects the data from advanced as well as insider threats. It will be simple and quick to onboard the new trading partners and author workflows.
- Accellion Secure Managed File Transfer Solution has a graphical operations dashboard for managing, monitoring, and recovering transfers.
- It has features to trigger the transfers through scheduling, polling, events, or by starting them manually.
- It has the capabilities to automate file scanning that will prevent leaks and breaches with AV, DLP, CDR, and ATP.
- It provides end-to-end visibility of the files/data entering as well as leaving the enterprise.
Verdict: Accellion File Transfer will let you easily meet standards, NIST 800-53, PCI-DSS, and ISO 27001. It will help you with detecting suspicious activity. It contains the capabilities for third-party communications.
Price: Accellion offers the solution with two pricing plans, Business ($15 per user per month) and Enterprise (Get a quote). You can try the platform for free.
Website: Accellion File Transfer
#7) Tibco Managed File Transfer
Best for all file transfer use cases.
Tibco Managed File transfer gives you centralized control over the enterprise file transfer. It supports multiple protocols, HTTP, HTTPS, FTP, FTPS (SSL), SFTP (SSH), AS2, CFI Protocol, and TCP/IP. It has built-in acceleration technology that provides 30x faster speed as compared to traditional FTP.
- TIBCO ActiveMatrix Business Works™ Plug-in is for TIBCO managed file transfer. This plugin is for creating, orchestrating, and integrating file transfer processes with other business applications.
- It provides data security and support through the most stringent encryption standards.
- It has strong proxying capabilities that assure the delivery of incoming data directly into the backend system and not in the DMZ.
Verdict: Tibco gives administrators a single point of control over all file transfer activities, inside as well as outside the organization and across all major platforms such as Windows and mainframe.
Price: You can get a quote for pricing details.
Website: Tibco Managed File Transfer
Best for transferring large files and sharing private workspaces.
Biscom offers secure file transfer solutions. It has functionalities for transferring large files, sending a secure email from anywhere, and sharing private workspaces. It can be deployed in the cloud and on-premise. It supports compliance standards of HIPAA, SOX, FERPA, and GDPR. It also has a mobile app.
- Biscom secure file transfer solution has features of multi-factor authentication and for securing email.
- It provides Microsoft active directory support.
- For integrations, it has REST API and Microsoft Outlook Add-In. It can be integrated with Dropbox, Box, and Microsoft OneDrive.
- It has robust reporting features and collaborative workspaces.
- It will let you share any type of file and there will not be a file size limit.
Verdict: Biscom offers HIPAA, SOX, and FERPA compliant file transfer solutions. It offers the features and functionalities for sending confidential files. It has capabilities for transferring large files, sharing private workspaces, and securing email anywhere.
Price: You can get a quote for pricing details.
#9) Cleo Integration Platform
Best for end-to-end integration capabilities.
Cleo MFT software is a platform with capabilities of automation and robust data movement. With the help of APIs, you will be able to build, implement, and automate MFT integrations as well as programmatic file flows. It provides real-time visibility, audit trails, and alert notifications.
- Cleo MFT software supports very large data volumes.
- It supports over 20 protocols.
- It has visibility and audibility features like content filtering.
- CIC Private Cloud for MFT provides the features of encryption, authorization, authentication, secure access control through LDAP, etc.
Verdict: Cleo MFT has the architecture to manage large deployments and hence suitable for enterprises. It offers limitless scalability and 100% up-time. Cleo MFT’s built-in certificate and encryption management capabilities provide the secure encryption of data in transit and at rest.
Price: You can get a quote for pricing details.
Website: Cleo Integration Platform
#10) SRT Cornerstone
Best for providing high availability and fail-over.
SRT Cornerstone is an enterprise MFT Server solution. It has the capabilities of secure collaboration, automation, compliance, and reporting. It makes use of advanced encryption methods, secure protocols, and perimeter security.
SRT Cornerstone offers the solution with three plans, large implementation which is for high security & compliance requirements, medium implementation is for moderate volume & mid-level security, and small implementation is for simple file sharing, mid-level security & no compliance requirements.
- SRT Cornerstone offers the features of file sharing, automation, disk encryption, and perimeter security.
- It has reporting capabilities.
- With every plan, it offers one-year maintenance & support.
- Large implementation plan provides HIPAA, PCI, and FIPS Compliance.
Verdict: SRT Cornerstone offers a range of deployment options i.e. on-premise, cloud, and hybrid. It has capabilities for various business needs.
Price: The three plans are Large Implementation (starts at $47,500), Medium Implementation (starts at $23,800), and Small Implementation (starts at $16,500).
Website: SRT Cornerstone
Although Globalscape EFT offers all the required functionalities and is easy to set up and use, it is an expensive solution according to customer reviews. JSCAPE MFT Server, ActiveBatch, GoAnywhere MFT, MOVEit ipswitch, and Axway AMPLIFY are our top recommended Globalscape MFT alternatives.
Also Read =>> Top GoAnywhere Alternatives
We hope this detailed review article will help you choose the right solution through the tips and comparisons provided in this article.
- Time taken to research and write this article: 28 Hours.
- Total tools researched online: 25
- Top tools shortlisted for review: 10