Review & comparison of the Best AlgoSec Competitors with features for managing the security policy of different applications of a company:
AlgoSec is policy management software that provides 100% visibility into network security policies. Through automation, it enables you to speed up the security policies and work smoothly. It integrates applications and DevOps solutions and visualizes the entire network.
It is compliant with leading global regulations and custom corporate policies to enable you to find applications that can lead to violations and risks.
It effectively manages the changes in security policies with a zero-touch change management approach that automates the application connectivity and security policy changes that includes analyzing the risk, implementation, and validation.
What You Will Learn:
- Top AlgoSec Competitors & Alternatives
- Frequently Asked Questions
- List of the Best AlgoSec Competitors
Top AlgoSec Competitors & Alternatives
AlgoSec has been trusted by more than 1,800 organizations since 2004 including many popular brands like Microsoft, Intel, Adidas, Oracle, US Bank, and many more. It has been ranked no. 1 by Peerspot and has gained a 4.5 rating by Gartner Peer Insights.
It is recommended for its ability and features to visualize the entire hybrid network security topology and effectively mitigate the risk of policy changes.
Products Overview: It includes products like Firewall Analyzer, AlgoSec Fireflow, AlgoSec Cloud, and CloudFlow. Some add-on products are also provided that include ObjectFlow, AppViz, and AlgoBot.
Firewall Analyzer enables you to see into your entire hybrid network providing information from a wide variety of devices along with integrating with firewalls, cloud, routers, and web proxies.
FireFlow helps in speeding up secure application deployment through automation, confidently mitigating policy change risk, making changes as intended, and integrating with the existing IT service management solutions.
Clients: Microsoft, Intel, Adidas, Oracle, US Bank, and many more.
Solutions: Application discovery & connectivity management, firewall management, network segmentation, security policy change management, security policy risk mitigation, and so on.
- Manages security policy of different applications of the company.
- Automatically discover applications’ connectivity flows and requirements.
- Helps in managing large-scale complex data center and application migration.
- With the help of an intelligent project management framework, it manages all stages of the migration process along with ensuring compliance throughout the process.
- Helps in managing all security policy changes effectively by automating the change process and analyzing the risk.
- Enables secure application connectivity everywhere automatically across the hybrid network.
- Automatically identifies application flows.
- Simplifies the application migration process.
- Provides in-depth visibility of the whole process.
- Unifies the management across the enterprise.
- Ensures compliance.
- Compliant with regulations like PCI DSS, SOX, HIPAA, and ISO/IEC 27001.
- Customer support needs improvement as it takes time to revert back.
- Complex setup.
- Reporting needs improvement as it may not contain the full information or URL.
Pricing: Prices are not disclosed as they may vary depending on the licence type, product edition, and quantity. According to customer reviews, the pricing is as:
- AlgoSec 1020 starts at $4,900
- AlgoSec 1080 starts at $14,500
Why look for AlgoSec Competitors?
There are many factors that a user can take into account as there are some downsides of Algosec. Some users reported that Algosec needs to improve their customer response time while on the other side, Tufin’s users reported good and responsive customer support.
For a hybrid cloud security management one should go with Tufin. AlgoSec does not support multi-vendor environments and does not provide audit trails. It focuses on application discovery rather than devices and provides limited customization on reports. So, you need to consider these factors and check for competitors to make better decisions.
This article reviews the AlgoSec software and its competitors in detail supported by their description, features, clients, pros & cons, pricing, and verdict. Some reasons are stated as to why to look for AlgoSec Competitors.
The market share of policy management software is mentioned and expert advice is given to help the users in choosing the best alternative to AlgoSec. Comparison is made among the top ones and at the end conclusion is the review process is stated.
The below image shows the highest share in the field of security solutions market by region:
Frequently Asked Questions
Q #1) What is AlgoSec used for?
Answer: AlgoSec is used for managing network security policies effectively through automation. It is a policy management software that provides 100% visibility into the network security policies.
Q #2) What is FireFlow in AlgoSec?
Answer: FireFlow is a product of AlgoSec that enables you to automate the security policy change process. It speeds up the secure application deployment along with risk analysis, implementation, and validation of security policy.
Q #3) What are the three main components of the network security management solution from AlgoSec and Cisco?
Answer: The three main components of the network security management solutions from AlgoSec are:
- AlgoSec FireFlow
- AlgoSec Cloud
- Firewall Analyzer
Q #4) How much does AlgoSec cost?
Answer: AlgoSec does not disclose its pricing. According to some reports, its two appliances i.e., AlgoSec 1020 starts at $4,900 and $14,500 respectively.
List of the Best AlgoSec Competitors
- Tufin (Recommended)
- AWS Firewall Manager
- Cisco Defense Orchestrator
- SolarWinds Network Configuration Manager
AlgoSec Policy Management Software
|AlgoSec||Delivering secure application connectivity and security policy.||Knowledge base, FAQs, phone and email.||Starts with $14,500.||5/5|
Comparison of Top AlgoSec Alternatives
|Tufin||A wide range of security management tools.||24/7 live representative, phone and knowledge base.||Get a quote||5/5|
|Skybox||Reducing cyber exposure at speed and scale.||Training, email, phone, knowledge base, 24/7 live representative and chat.||Starts with $11,250.||4.5/5|
|FireMon||Streamlines and simplifies creating and changing firewall and cloud network security policies.||Knowledge base, training, phone and email.||Starts with $59,995||4.3/5|
|AWS Firewall Manager||Configuring and managing firewall rules centrally.||FAQs, 24/7 technical support, training, phone, chat and email.||Starts with $0.065 per GB||4.2/5|
#1) Tufin (Recommended)
Best for a wide range of security management tools.
Tufin is a unified platform that provides a zero-touch automation facility to enable the teams to gain visibility into traffic and automate security policy. It follows a Zero Trust model that does not compromise business agility or developer productivity.
It offers various effective products like SecureTrack, SecureChange+, Enterprise, and many more. It helps in managing firewall & security policies and automates network security changes.
- Manages security policies across complex environments.
- Suitable for both network and cloud security teams.
- Provides visibility into security controls and all information related to security policies.
- Maximizes business agility and security through automating network and cloud security.
- Ensures regulatory compliance and document adherence.
- Provides security and risk management solutions like optimizing network segmentation, risk analysis, and vulnerability mitigation.
Clients: IBM, Deutsche Bank, Deutsche Telekom, BNP Paribas and many more.
- Unlimited 24/7 support.
- Easy to use interface.
- Massively scalable.
- High cost.
- Customer support needs improvement.
Verdict: Tufin has been trusted by more than 2,900 companies including many popular brands like IBM, Deutsche Bank, Deutsche Telekom, BNP Paribas, and many more. It is best for its features like automated reporting, security mapping, firewall configuration, and deployment facilitation.
Pricing: It is based on the number of devices and applications.
Best for reducing cyber exposure at speed and scale.
Skybox is a posture management platform that helps in visualizing data from a wide range of security, cloud, and network technologies. It offers various effective products and solutions that provide attack surface visibility and analyzes path, stimulates attack, scores risks, and prioritizes the vulnerabilities based on the exposure.
It also helps in designing the zero Trust architecture by providing visibility across the whole network.
- Helps in managing security policy lifestyle easily and effectively by collecting & optimizing the network and security data.
- Provides full visibility of hybrid and multi-cloud networks.
- Helps in finding any vulnerability by collecting data from security controls and network technologies.
- Helps in assessing vulnerabilities through cyber security risk scores.
- Automatically identifies and traces change management workflow.
- Provides centralized and optimized firewall management to manage risk and maintain cyber hygiene.
- Provides a full understanding of the attack surfaces.
Clients: ADP, Blue Cross Blue Shield, BT, USAID, Delta Dental, EDF Energy, EMC, HSBC, Johnson & Johnson, and so on.
- Decreases downtime.
- Reduces risks from internal and external threats.
- User-friendly and simple-to-use interface.
- Bugs in the solution are reported.
- Integration with Microsoft Azure is not provided.
Verdict: Skybox is best in path analysis, attack stimulation risk scoring, and rule-usage analysis that helps in reducing cyber risk & data breaches, decreasing downtime, and increasing efficiency. It has been awarded the best vulnerability management solution in 2022 by SC Awards Europe. It has won the Global Infosec Award for Cyber Defence Magazine in 2022.
Pricing: According to customer reviews, the pricing plans are:
- Skybox security suite: Starts at $11,250
- Licence fees: Approximately $100,000
Best for streamlining and simplifying creating and changing firewall and cloud network security policies.
FireMon is a security policy management solution that helps in improving security operations with reduced risk and in a proactive compliance posture. It prepares compliance reports in minutes with ready-made and highly flexible options to meet compliance reporting needs.
It offers various powerful products and solutions. Products include security manager, disruptOps, and asset manager. It provides vast integrations with ITSM & SIEM platforms, vulnerability scanners, and orchestration APIs.
- Helps in managing risk arising out of policy changes through real-time risk evaluation solutions.
- Manages changes in policy without wasting time and eliminating errors through automation.
- Enables you to be always compliant with consolidated compliance reporting and real-time violation detection.
- Quickly find and fix issues under cloud security operations or infrastructure.
- Provides full visibility of All Assets in a Hybrid, Multi-Cloud Environment.
- Can be integrated with various SIEM, SOAR, and XDR platforms like Google Cloud, CISCO, Azure, Cloudify, F5, and more.
Clients: DocuSign, IBM, IRS, Airbnb, Daimler, General Dynamics, and many more.
- Provides deeper insight into policy-related risks.
- Real-time risk alerts.
- Avoids misconfigurations.
- Integrations need improvements.
Verdict: FireMon has been trusted by about 2000 global companies including many popular ones like Airbnb, IBM, and IRS. It is recommended to automate policy changes and minimize the risk associated with security policy management.
- According to customer reviews, the price starts at $59,995.
- A free trial is provided.
#4) AWS Firewall Manager
Best for configuring and managing firewall rules centrally.
AWS is a secure, compliant, hybrid, and scalable security management platform with a bundle of products and solutions. Its firewall manager simplifies the maintenance tasks across multiple accounts. Under this, you need to set rules once and that automatically applies to the accounts.
It allows you to centrally manage firewall rules. It protects applications hosted on EC2 instances by enabling you to set security rules.
- Manages network security by providing multiple tools for the same, like network ACLs, security groups, and more.
- Manages firewall rules across multiple devices with a centralized administrator account.
- Easily deploys pre-configured rules across accounts.
- Make existing and new resources automatically follow the security policies that you defined.
- Protects the Virtual Private Clouds by deploying the security group rules centrally.
- Helps in identifying high-risk rules and cleaning unused or redundant security groups.
Clients: BMW, Coca-Cola, Apic Games, Netflix, and so on.
- 24/7 technical support.
- Automation is available.
- Protects VPCs.
- More tutorials and training aid are advisable.
Verdict: AWS Firewall Manager is one of the recommended AlgoSec Competitors for easily setting rules and enforcing them automatically on new applications and resources. It also helps in maintaining firewalls with the same security policies.
- A free trial is available.
- AWS Firewall Manager protection policies are priced per region.
- For the Asia Pacific (Jakarta) region: $120
- For Middle East (UAE) region: $110
Website: AWS Firewall Manager
#5) Cisco Defense Orchestrator
Best for consistently managing policies across Cisco firewalls and public cloud infrastructure.
CISCO Defense Orchestrator is a cloud-based application that helps in unifying security policies and objects across the Cisco firewall portfolio. It simplifies the network security policy and device management by closing security gaps by cleaning up the policies and saves time by avoiding repetitive security management tasks.
It deploys devices faster along with simplifying the upgrading process and optimizing configurations. It provides support through chat, phone, email, and knowledge base.
- Helps in managing policies across Cisco firewalls as well as public cloud infrastructure.
- Provides end-to-end visibility into security analytics and generates alerts for threats like ransomware, insider threats, and more.
- Optimises operational efficiency through integration and automation.
- Track every change you have made and store it in the change log.
- Enables you to simply conduct ASA and FTD software image upgrades in minutes.
- Improves the security posture and device performance by analyzing and correcting the policies in seconds.
Clients: Insurance Company of British Columbia, Shawmut, and more.
- Protects against the latest threats.
- Saves time up to 90%.
- Tracks every change.
- Complicated configurations.
Verdict: CISCO Defense Orchestrator has been awarded excellence in the global network firewall market in 2021 by Frost & Sullivan Market Leadership Award. It is best for optimizing configurations by identifying and remediating errors in policies and objects across security devices.
- A free trial is available.
- Contact for pricing.
Website: CISCO Defense Orchestrator
Best for access & visibility, compliance, and cloud security.
RedSeal is a cloud security solution with a bundle of effective features and products. It helps in identifying the exposed resources by visualizing the access across the cloud. It also identifies and remediates issues in the cloud environment.
It helps in monitoring and enforcing access policies by automating the compliance process. It continuously monitors compliance and generates reports for the same to enable you to prove your compliance at any time.
- Provides comprehensive and dynamic visualization of the whole network infrastructure.
- Provides cloud security solutions to manage cloud resources.
- Automates compliance process and monitors and enforces access policies.
- Continuously monitors compliance according to PCI, NERC-CIP, CMMC, CIS, and DISA-STIG standards.
- Manages the network segmentation policies and identifies network inconsistencies if any.
- Vulnerability prioritization features are provided to scan, identify and resolve any gaps in your network vulnerability scanner coverage.
Clients: Azure, AWS, Google Cloud, Oracle Cloud Infrastructure, CISCO, and more.
- Continuous compliance monitoring.
- Keeps critical systems secured.
- Provides a visual overview of the network.
- Bugs are found and the interface is not user-friendly.
Verdict: Redseal has been trusted by the world’s most trusted financial institutions, power grid companies, and government agencies. It is one of the AlgoSec Competitors that is recommended for identifying and resolving gaps in your scan coverage.
Pricing: Contact for pricing.
#7) SolarWinds Network Configuration Manager
Best for reducing network change management time and errors.
SolarWinds Network Configuration Manager is a network configuration management software that helps reduce cost and save work hours and maintains regulatory compliance with various effective features like vulnerability detection, network automation, configuration backup & storage, network inventory, and many more.
With the help of its network change management, you can save time and effort managing configuration changes.
- Simplifies device configuration management along with backups through automation.
- Avoids security misconfigurations through real-time change detection.
- Built-in baseline configuration management is provided to easily avoid configuration drift.
- Allows you to know when the configuration has changed and helps in identifying configuration differences.
- An automated network audit tool is provided to track unauthorized and erroneous configuration changes.
- Network assessment tool is provided to save time & effort and to centralize multi-vendor device data.
Clients: United Lincolnshire Hospitals, 335th Signal Command, Agilisys, Air Rarotonga, NetSuite, Thai AirAsia, REA Group, Marine Expeditionary Force, and more.
- Flexible licensing options.
- Real-time alerts.
- Automated backups.
- Network insights need improvement.
Verdict: SolarWinds Network Configuration Manager has been awarded for Product and Industry Excellence in the First Half of 2022 and won the Bronze in the Technical Innovation of the Year category by the American Business Awards.
It is good in network auditing for compliance that monitors devices and performs network auditing from a single view where you can get all the change management insights you need in one place.
- A 30-day free trial is available.
- Starts at $1,894.
Website: SolarWinds Network Configuration Manager
Best for seamless network experience with solutions for DNS, DHCP, and IPAM (DDI).
BlueCat is a platform that helps in increasing the resilience of critical infrastructure and leverage DNS to reduce the risks by controlling the DNS traffic. It automates the configuration with flexible and cloud-friendly networking. Under the hybrid cloud, it provides visibility of the data center and the hybrid cloud landscape.
It offers very effective products and services that include hybrid cloud management, network services, network automation & security, and other services.
- Provides centralized visibility over DDI infrastructure.
- Accelerates the application response time along with optimizing traffic and unleashing netOps.
- Helpful in hybrid cloud management through services like DevOps-ready integration, continuous updates, and more.
- Provides a zero-touch automation feature for a smooth and seamless network experience and boosting productivity.
- Provides solutions for DNS, DHCP, and IPAM (DDI).
- Provides direct internet access that deploys easily, optimizes performance, and puts security everywhere.
Clients: Sony, United States Postal Service, AT&T, Zurich, Yale University, and more
- Award-winning support services.
- Low-risk mitigations.
- Multi-tenant deployment.
- Open APIs and adaptive plug-ins.
- Unlimited scalability.
- Standard HTML website interface.
- Page rendering speed is slow.
Verdict: Trusted by over 1,000 customers including Sony, United States Postal Service, AT&T, and more. It provides award-winning support services with 24/7 live representatives, a customer care portal, and FAQs. It ranked as a DDI leader in the GIGAOM report.
Pricing: Contact for pricing.
Best for end-to-end automation of public key infrastructure and certificate lifecycle management.
AppViewX is a next-gen machine identity automation platform that simplifies security with automation and discovery. It includes three effective solutions: application identity management, application access & availability, and application governance & compliance.
It provides end-to-end automation to prevent manual delays and errors and make the entire process more productive. It manages the increasing inventory of certificates effectively along with providing a holistic view of certificates.
- Provides visibility, control, and insights for effectively managing certificate lifecycle.
- Helps in preventing outdated certificates through certificate expiry analysis and alerts.
- Helps in modernizing and simplifying the Public Key Infrastructure with services like seamless PKI migration, secure CA environment, etc.
- Handles multi-vendor load balancer at scale under load balancer automation feature.
- Enhanced auto-remediation capabilities are provided to keep up the applications.
- Includes out-of-the-box integrations like Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Platform, AWS, ServiceNow, Entrust, and many more.
Clients: BMW group, DHL, Discover, Standard Chartered, Telecom, Thermo Fisher, Uber, and so on.
- Secure code signing.
- Eliminate manual delays and errors.
- Certificate expiry alerts.
- Ensure compliance.
- Pricing is not disclosed.
Verdict: AppViewX has been awarded with the best software and the best value software in 2021 and 2022 respectively by Software Suggest. It is recommended to turbocharge the application delivery, application identity management, and application access and availability.
Pricing: Contact for pricing.
Through the research on AlgoSec Competitors, we recommend Tufin as the best alternative to AlgoSec. Both software has various effective and common features like security policy management, automation, visibility, and so on.
This tutorial explains many other alternatives. These are very close AlgoSec Competitors. Each competitor has its own district set of features and comes with different pricing plans.
Some are good at managing device configurations like Tufin, FireMon, and CISCO. Some are good in vulnerability prioritization like Skybox, FireMon, and RedSeal.
Our Review Process:
- Time Taken to Research this Article: We spent 15 hours researching and writing this article so you can get a useful summarised list of AlgoSec Competitors with a comparison of each for your quick review.
- Total AlgoSec Competitors Researched Online: 30
- Top AlgoSec Competitors Shortlisted for Review: 9