Explore the top Automic Automation Alternatives with their pricing, features, and comparison for workload automation and job scheduling:
Automic Automation is a service orchestration and automation platform. It offers agility, speed, and reliability. It has functionalities to manage complex workloads. It is a platform with capabilities of infrastructure management and version & life-cycle management.
In this article, we will list and compare top competitors to Automic Automation.
What You Will Learn:
- Broadcom Automic Automation Alternatives
- List Of Top Automic Automation Alternatives
Broadcom Automic Automation Alternatives
Automic supports automation-as-code. It has the features of zero downtime upgrades, scalability, and self-service.
- Automic Automation provides comprehensive auditing and control of all automated processing and user activity to keep processes according to company regulations.
- For self-service automation, it has the features of resource abstraction and reusable templates.
- This helps with managing infrastructure across cloud vendors.
- It can be integrated with open-source tools, big-data stores, and third-party schedulers.
Why look for Broadcom Automic Automation Alternatives?
The biggest con of the Automic Automation platform is that its price can get driven up as the customer will add specific agents as per their requirement.
Below is the image of the research on workload automation solutions. It shows that while selecting the workload automation solution, financial and technical decision plays an important role.
Another con of the Automic Automation platform includes poor customer support, which makes the tool unreliable. Some tools in the market provide periodic health checks and 24/7 support through a dedicated customer success manager. This proactive support makes the tool more reliable. Also, streamlined implementation and updates will keep the cost of ownership low.
You need a solution that can overcome the cons of Broadcom Automic Automation. The selected solution should be able to orchestrate across your entire stack for a less price. Here, in this tutorial, we have reviewed the top six alternatives for Automic Automation in detail.
List Of Top Automic Automation Alternatives
Here is the list of top competitors to Automic Automation:
- ActiveBatch (#1 Alternative to Automic)
- AutoSys Workload Automation
- Azure DevOps Server
Comparison Of Automic Automation Competitors
|Name||Our Ratings||Best for||Features||Free Trial|
|ActiveBatch||Centralized workload automation and job scheduling||Workflow Optimizer, Dynamic Resource Allocation, Low-code GUI, etc.||Demo and 30-day free trial available|
|Stonebranch||Real-time hybrid automation.||Event-based Scheduling|
Big-Data management, native MFT, etc.
|Control-M||Complex Application Workflows.||Workflow orchestration, Data Pipelines, etc.||Available|
|AutoSys Workload Automation||Complex and business-critical workloads||Multi-platform scheduling, built-in fault tolerance, self-service, etc.||No|
|Ansible||Automating apps and IT infrastructure.||Agentless architecture, OpenSSH and WinRM, simple & a powerful tool, etc.||Available|
Comparison: Automic Automation Vs ActiveBatch
|Customer Support||As per reviews, Automic Automation has a long response time and that makes the support unreliable.||ActiveBatch provides proactive support. It allows customers to access in-house experts through phone, email, or ticket support.|
|Consistent Product Vision||Because of multiple acquisitions, the product roadmap and future releases are unclear||ActiveBatch is a self-healing platform. Through REST API Adapter it will grow as per your organization’s needs.|
|Price||The price will increase as the customers will buy more agents as per their requirements.||ActiveBatch’s agents can handle multiple connections. This makes the tool scalable and flexible.|
|Customer Success||Automic Automation’s professional services are available for a cost.||ActiveBatch offers the White Glove Onboarding and Customer Success resources with every engagement.|
Let us review the alternatives below:
#1) ActiveBatch (#1 Alternative to Automic)
Active Batch is best for centralized workload automation and job scheduling.
ActiveBatch is a workload automation solution that is useful for various use cases such as MFT automation, ETL automation, IT Process Automation, Business Process Automation, etc. It is a feature-rich platform and provides security, auditing & compliance, and high availability non-cluster failover.
- ActiveBatch has a workflow optimizer to speed up the run times. It will let you highlight the critical path of the workflow and non-dependent steps can be run concurrently.
- It provides the feature of dynamic resource allocation that makes use of machine learning models to predict optimal systems and virtual machine allocation.
- It supports Event & Schedule driven triggers.
- ActiveBatch has a Low-code GUI and Job Step Library.
Verdict: ActiveBatch offers a solution that will be priced server-based. Hence you will have to pay for the job schedulers and execution agents as per your requirement. It provides unlimited user access and all version upgrades. With Broadcom Automic, you will have to buy specific agents for every connection you require. This will increase your budget as your tech stack will grow.
Price: You can get a quote for pricing details. Its price is based on the number of servers. You can test the tool for free for 30 days.
Best for real-time hybrid automation.
Stonebranch is a tool for workflow orchestration. This hybrid IT automation platform can orchestrate IT tasks, jobs, and workloads over on-premise as well as cloud environments. It supports SaaS and on-premise deployment. It can be used for various use cases such as workload automation, cloud automation, DevOps automation, hybrid cloud file transfers, etc.
- Stonebranch has features of intelligent event-based scheduling.
- It has functionalities for big data management at scale.
- Stonebranch has features of container-based workload management, native MFT, and automated infrastructure.
- You will get central control through Stonebranch’s enterprise job scheduling platform.
Verdict: Stonebranch is workload automation and enterprise job scheduling software. It is easy to use and offers features of compliance, cost optimization, security, and high availability. Stonebranch can orchestrate cross-platform processes and jobs with a centralized view and real-time scheduling.
Best for complex application workflows.
Control-M is a workload automation tool for complex application workflows. It has functionalities for building, defining, scheduling, and monitoring production workflows. It can be deployed on-premise or as a service. It can be integrated with AWS, Azure, and Google Cloud platform and simplifies the workflow across hybrid and multi-cloud environments.
You will get data-driven outcomes faster.
- You will be able to monitor job flow and task status at a glance.
- Control-M provides the facility to view completed, in-process, and predictive job run-times on any device.
- You will be able to build jobs-as-code into dev processes.
- It provides the features of proactive SLA management with intelligent predictive analytics.
Verdict: Control-M is a tool with advanced workflow orchestration capabilities. It can be connected to any application, any data source, and all critical systems such as mainframe and cloud.
#4) AutoSys Workload Automation
Best for complex and business-critical workloads.
AutoSys is a workload automation solution that will give you enhanced visibility and control over complex workloads. It can automate the workloads across platforms, ERP systems, and the cloud. It can be deployed completely or partially in the private or public cloud, on-premise, or in the hybrid environment.
- AutoSys has features for managing the dependencies between Hadoop and traditional jobs.
- Native support is available for both SOAP and REST web service protocols.
- It will allow developers to write queries against automation engines with Web service.
- It has features to optimize resource utilization through dynamic workload placement over physical, virtual, and cloud resources.
Verdict: AutoSys is the platform with capabilities of multi-platform scheduling and built-in fault tolerance. It performs the dynamic workload placement over physical, virtual, and cloud resources that will help with handling the spike in processing by optimizing the utilization.
Price: You can get a quote for pricing details.
Website: AutoSys Workload Automation
Best for automating apps and IT infrastructure.
Ansible is a tool for automating across open hybrid cloud deployments. It will help you with automating the deployment of apps and the management of systems. Ansible can be used without knowing to code.
Ansible can be used for various use cases such as provisioning, configuration management, app deployment, continuous deployment, continuous delivery, security compliance, and orchestration.
- Ansible has an agentless architecture.
- It makes use of OpenSSH and WinRM.
- It has features for automating configuration management and app deployment.
- Ansible is a simple and powerful IT automation tool.
Verdict: This platform will give you the power of OpenShift Container and Ansible Automation Platform. It provides simple and agentless automation that can be used by anyone. It will help you with deploying apps and managing systems. It is a predictable, reliable, and secure tool.
Price: Ansible automation solution is available with two pricing plans, Standard and Premium. You can get a quote for these plans. A free trial is available for the tool.
#6) Azure DevOps Server
Best for software development tools.
Azure DevOps Server is a platform that contains various collaborative software development tools. It supports on-premise development. Azure DevOps Server has integrated software delivery tools that will let you share code, track work, and ship software.
- Azure DevOps Server has agile tools for planning, tracking, and discussing the work with your teams.
- Azure Repos provides an unlimited and cloud-hosted private Git Repos.
- It provides manual and exploratory testing tools.
- Azure Artifacts will let you create, host, and share packages with your team. You will be able to easily add artifacts to your CI/CD pipelines.
- Extensions Marketplace will give you access to more than 100 apps and services.
Verdict: Azure DevOps Server has collaborative software development tools for your team. It can be integrated with your existing IDE. Azure DevOps Server will help you with working on any sized projects.
Price: Azure DevOps Server can be tried for free for 90 days. Visual Studio Professional is available for $45 per user per month. Visual Studio Enterprise is available for $250 per user per month. Azure DevOps Basic is available for $6 per user per month. Basic + Test Plan is available for $52 per user per month.
Website: Azure DevOps Server
To centralize workload automation and job scheduling, the businesses need a solution that can orchestrate the entire tech stack. For future-proof workload automation, the tool should provide infinite extensibility and unparalleled reliability. Low-code drag-and-drop GUI makes the tool easy to use.
Considering these features and the cons of the Broadcom Automic Automation, ActiveBatch is our top recommended solution. It offers robust support and training, cost-effective operations & maintenance, and a low-code drag-and-drop GUI.
We hope this article will help you with finding the right alternative to Broadcom Automic Automation.
- Time is taken to research and write this article: 23 Hours
- Total tools researched online: 24
- Top tools shortlisted for review: 6