Get to know about the top KeyKey Alternatives for Windows suitable for improving your typing skills along with features and comparisons:
KeyKey is one of the apps for learning how to touch type without making many errors. It is a touch typing tutor for Mac that you can use even if you are an advanced user.
You can use it to increase your typing speed and improve your typing skills. The app trains you in proper typing form and technique.
However, KeyKey is only available for Mac. So, how can you work on typing speed and skills if you are a Windows and Android device user?
Well, here we have curated a list of top KeyKey Alternatives for Windows to help you polish your typing skills even if you are not a Mac user.
What You Will Learn:
- KeyKey Alternatives Review
- Frequently Asked Questions
- List Of The Top KeyKey Alternatives For Windows
KeyKey Alternatives Review
The below image shows the average typing speed across various sectors:
Frequently Asked Questions
Q #1) Is KeyKey available on Windows?
Answer: KeyKey is a typing tutor for Mac only. It is not available for Windows. However, there are many amazing alternatives to KeyKey for Windows that you can use.
Q #2) What’s the best touch typing software?
Answer: There are a few touch typing software that you can use like Keybr, Typing Bolt, Rapid Typing Tutor, etc. You can use KeyKey for Mac.
Q #3) Is Ratatype safe?
Answer: Yes, Ratatype is safe to use by almost anybody. However, it is only available online, so you will need to have access to the Internet to use it.
Q #4) Which is the best typing master?
Answer: Keybr, Typing Bolt, and Rata Type are some of the best typing masters. You can also consider Typing.com or Typing club.
Q #5) How can I type faster?
Answer: Use a typing tutor to practice your typing. They offer a wide range of courses to help you type fast and enhance your typing skills.
List Of The Top KeyKey Alternatives For Windows
Enlisted below are some remarkably useful KeyKey Typing Tutor Alternatives:
- Typing Bolt
- Rapid Typing Tutor
- Typing Club
- Microsoft SwiftKey Keyboard
- Hacker’s Keyboard
- Typing Speed Test Typing Master
KeyKey Typing Tutor Application
|Best For||OS Support||Price||Number of Languages|
|KeyKey||Enhancing your typing speed and skills on Mac||macOS||$14.99||10|
Comparison Popular KeyKey Typing Tutor Alternatives
|KeyKey Alternatives||Best For||OS Support||Price||Number of Languages|
|Keybr||Increasing your typing speed and minimizing typing errors online||Windows||Free||7|
|Typing Bolt||Practicing to type with accuracy and get a certificate of achievement||Windows||Free||1|
|Rapid Typing Tutor||Improving your typing skills using its customized lessons and extensive training statistics.||Windows||Free||11|
|Typing.io||Practicing typing key sequences for programmers for coding||Windows||Free, $9.99||16|
|RataType||Increasing your typing speed and accuracy with a simple and intuitive interface.||Windows, web||Free||8|
Best for increasing your typing speed and minimizing typing errors online.
Keybr is one of the most sophisticated online typing tutors that will help you become a pro-typist easily. It is an easy-to-use KeyKey alternative for all platforms. To use it, you will need an Internet connection.
Keybr comes with the latest technology and muscle memory sense. With its help, you will learn to type without needing to look at the keyboard and with minimal or no error.
- It calculates your typing speed and accuracy along with your progression.
- It supports multiple languages and keyboard layouts.
- The web application gives you words to type with phonetic rules of your chosen language.
- It gives you word with the keys you make errors with the most to help you perfect your typing.
- It comes with many typing tips and exercises.
Verdict: It is an online typing tutor you can consider for improving your typing skills.
#2) Typing Bolt
Best for practicing to type with accuracy and get a certificate of achievement.
Typing Bolt is yet another web typing tutor and is one of the best KeyKey Typing Tutor alternatives. It uses Bolt AI to help you learn touch typing on Windows. The AI studies your skills and offers you a course accordingly. This is a perfect platform for increasing your speed and accuracy both.
- It offers optimized words for every user.
- It has a friendly UI and hence is good for beginners.
- The application offers real-time data regarding your performance.
- It automatically helps you adjust to different levels of typing lessons.
Verdict: If you are looking for a simple alternative to KeyKey for Windows, Typing Bolt is a good option.
Website: Typing Bolt
#3) Rapid Typing Tutor
Best for improving your typing skills using its customized lessons and extensive training statistics.
Rapid Typing Tutor is one of the easy-to-use and convenient alternatives. It is a keyboard trainer that will help you increase your typing speed and reduce typing errors. You will find lessons for various levels and can use it for classroom teaching or for self-study. You can also test your skills using its test lessons.
- It comes with a virtual keyboard that helps you learn the right finger placement for your keyboard.
- You can see moving hands over the keyboard to help you understand how to type.
- You can track your progress and view your results.
- It has a multilingual and simple user interface.
Verdict: If you want KeyKey typing tutor alternatives, you can download on your device as use even when you don’t have a network, get the Rapid Typing app.
Website: Rapid Typing Tutor
Best for practicing typing key sequences for programmers for coding.
Typing.io is the alternative for programmers that can be used on Windows. Most typing tutors don’t include awkward symbols that are used in coding abundantly. So, if you want to have a realistic typing practice specified for coding, this is the best option for you. It is a safe and easy-to-use online application to improve your typing skills.
- It offers lessons based on open-source codes.
- The lessons included in the app allow you to practice fast and accurate typing with a coding sequence.
- Its keys come with uninflated WPMs, hence you get an accurate idea of your typing speed.
- The application comes with tools that are extremely helpful in compiling codes.
- You can inspect your progress and get appropriate exercises accordingly
Verdict: If you are a budding programmer and looking to enhance your typing speed and skills, Typing.io is a good option.
Price: Free, $9.99/mo for Mechanical Plan
Best for increasing your typing speed and accuracy with a simple and intuitive interface.
RataType has a simple and intuitive interface and focuses on finger placements on the keyboard. You can use various lessons to improve your typing skills and also test your speed and accuracy with its tests. You can also make a group of friends and compete among yourselves. It also has a game mode where you can earn coins and select heroes for game typing.
- It teaches you proper posture for typing.
- The app comes with a color-coded keyboard to help you understand which finger should press which key.
- You can find out your typing speed by its typing test.
- It comes with a game mode for adding fun to typing practices.
- You can make a group of friends and compete together in typing tests.
Verdict: RataType is a simple and interesting alternative to KeyKey for Windows.
Best for increasing typing speed by using typing tests of various time lengths.
Typing.com is one of the free KeyKey alternatives that help you monitor your typing progress from time to time. It comes with one-minute, three-minute, and five-minute typing tests you can take to increase your typing speed and accuracy. You will find an extensive keyboarding curriculum that is fit for both teaching and learning.
- It aims at keyboarding, coding, and digital literacy.
- The app comes with powerful classroom management tools.
- It teaches the fundamentals of technology to the students.
- It offers gamified learning.
- You can create your own lessons.
Verdict: This is one of the best touch typing tutor applications you will ever come across.
Price: Free, $7.99/student for Premium account.
#7) Typing Club
Best for learning how to type in the most effective way.
This is a web-based alternative and is free to use. You can keep practicing your lessons until you get five stars. Although you don’t need to create an account to use this typing tutor, having one will help you create a profile and see your progress.
- It also comes with mobile support.
- Teachers can use its tools to design lessons.
- It has a hand posture guide for teaching you how to place your fingers and type.
- The app comes with various levels of typing class.
- You can view your past performances and redo the classes.
- It offers various challenges to motivate you.
Verdict: This is one of the most interesting typing tutors for windows that also supports mobile apps.
Price: Free, $99.80(Optional premium account).
#8) Microsoft SwiftKey Keyboard
Best for typing faster with a smart and customizable keyboard.
Microsoft SwiftKey Keyboard is a smart keyboard that you can customize as per your liking. It learns your writing style quickly and gives you accurate predictions and autocorrect to improve your typing speed. You don’t have to worry about making errors anymore. It also allows you to slide and type instead of tapping the keys.
- It offers accurate auto-correction.
- The keyboard makes predictions based on your writing style.
- You can customize it.
- You can slide and type instead of tapping the keys.
- It allows you to customize your writing toolbar.
- You can access five languages without changing the settings.
Verdict: It is one of the smoothest and most amazing keyboards for your Android and iPhone devices.
Website: Microsoft SwiftKey Keyboard
PlayStore Link: Microsoft SwiftKey Keyboard
#9) Hacker’s Keyboard
Best for those who miss computer key layout on Android.
If you prefer a QWERTY keyboard, the Android keypad will be no fun for you, and not very efficient either. Hacker’s keyboard is a free tool that you can use to replace the keyboard on your Android device with the QWERTY layout keypad.
- You can activate caps-lock by clicking the shift option twice
- It comes with arrow keys for easy navigation
- The keyboard also has a delete key along with a backspace key
- You can use combination keys like ctrl+c, ctrl+a, etc
- There are function keys as well
- You can download its dictionary for word suggestions while typing
Verdict: If you hate you can’t use an Android keypad like your computer keyboard, this is the best app to use.
PlayStore Link: Hacker’s Keyboard
#10) Typing Speed Test Typing Master
Best for learning how fast you can type and increase your typing speed
This is an extremely useful app to find out how fast you can type. You can also learn to type with its rich and free typing lessons. You can also set the scale of the lessons as hard/medium/easy and practice your typing online. The app highlights the letters so you can focus more on typing. You can also play typing games for fun and add a language-specific keyboard.
- You can use it for character typing practice.
- You can also learn to type words with accuracy.
- It also allows you to practice typing sentences without errors.
- There are tests you can take to check your typing speed.
- You can check your test history and see the scoreboard as well.
Verdict: It is a handy app for Android for those who want to test their typing speed and increase it.
PlayStore Link: Typing Speed Test Typing Master
Best for practicing typing across different languages and enhancing your typing skills.
Rasyti is a web-based typing tutor and one of the KeyKey alternatives for Windows. It is a multilingual multi-keyboard touch typing trainer. Its simple user interface allows you to pick your lessons and train you with specific keys. You can also play speed typing games to enhance your typing speed and have fun.
- It has a simple user interface.
- The application supports many languages.
- It offers typing lessons for dedicated keys.
- You can play typing speed games to increase your typing speed.
Verdict: If you are looking for a simple application to work on your typing skill, Rasyti is a good KeyKey alternative.
KeyKey fans can use its alternative for Windows to work on their typing speed and skills. Web applications like Keybr and Typing Bolt are easy to use and have simple user interfaces.
Typing.io is a good option for programmers to increase their typing skills and speed. On the other hand, KeyKey alternatives for Windows like RataType and Rasyti come with gaming options to make typing fun for you.