Overview of Application Performance Monitoring and Management Tools:
In this era of Information Technology, Application Performance Management (APM) monitors the performance of software applications.
APM ensures that it provides services to the customer up to the level defined and identifies the problems related to the application performance. Application performance can be monitored or tracked using different categories like load time, the response time of the application etc.
Nowadays, with the use of technology the applications are becoming more and more complex and distributed. Hence it is necessary to monitor the performance of an application to provide greater satisfaction to the end user.
Application Performance Monitoring includes individual web request, transactions, CPU and Memory usage, Application error etc.
In this article, we will see more about the top Application Performance Monitoring Tools.
What You Will Learn:
Application Performance Monitoring and Management Tools
Let’s see the complete details of the most popular Application Performance Monitoring tool.
=>> Contact us to suggest listing here
#1) New Relic
New Relic was established in 2008 by Lew Cirne. New Relic has grown so fast and quickly that now it has become an integral tool for developers, IT support teams and business executives. It is now servicing thousands of customers to improve the software or application performance.
New Relic is spread across the globe with offices in San Francisco, Portland, Dublin, Sydney, London, Zurich, and Munich. New Relic has a fantastic growth rate and it delivers around $263 million revenue in the current fiscal year 2017 and it has a year on year growth of 45%.
New Relic APM provides facility to drill down the application performance related problems.
It provides performance related metrics as given below:
- Response Time, Throughput, Error Rates etc.
- Performance of external services.
- Most time-consuming transactions.
- Cross-Application Tracing.
- Transaction breakdown.
- Deployment Analysis, History, and Comparison.
New Relic supports languages like Java, .NET, Python, Ruby, and PHP. And it also provides performance monitoring for mobile apps, advanced browser performance, and infrastructure monitoring.
Visit official site: New Relic
AppDynamics is an American Application Performance Management Company that was found in 2008 and is based out of San Francisco. More than 1000 employees are currently working with the revenue of $118 million in 2017. It was ranked #9 in the Forbes list among 100 top Cloud companies.
AppDynamics is part of Cisco now; Cisco has completed the acquisition in March 2017. AppDynamics provides end to end, real-time performance of complex and distributed applications.
It has the following key features:
- It supports languages like Java, Node.js, PHP, .NET, Python, C++ etc
- Sends the alert for a business critical issue with automatic performance base-lining.
- Resolves production application performance issues by monitoring each and every line of the code.
- Using AppDynamics, the root cause of any issue can be easily identified and fixed.
- Using the alerts and Response, Appdynamics automatically discovers what is normal with the performance.
Visit official site: AppDynamics
opsview is a software company which was launched in 2005 with its headquarters at Reading, England. It has offices in the United States at Woburn, Massachusetts.
opsview Application Monitoring tools provide a single view of the entire infrastructure and the performance of business applications. In the digital technology era, multiple applications are deployed at multiple locations so it is a very challenging task to get the performance data and display in a single context.
But opsview makes it easier using its automated and unified approach.
- Opsview tracks the health and alerts of the application when it is not normal and before the end user gets impacted
- It tracks the database availability and its connectivity with the client, storage metrics
- Opsview ensures that business-critical applications are meeting their SLAs
- It works with other Opsview product such as Opsview Mobile
Visit official site: Opsview
Dynatrace was launched in 2006 with its headquarters in Massachusetts, USA. Currently, around 2000 employees are working for Dynatrace. It has around $354 million revenue in the financial year 2017.
Dynatrace Application Monitoring tool monitors and manages the performance of the software application. Along with that it also ensures the availability of the software application. All the individual and business transactions are monitored deeply at the code level by dynatrace APM.
It monitors real data, application performance, cloud environment, and infrastructure.
- Dynatrace supports .NET and Java.
- End to end and code level monitoring is done by dynatrace APM.
- It delivers better digital customer experience by understanding how the performance of an application is important to business growth
- It resolves problems proactively before the end user gets impacted.
- This proactive approach has reduced the time to resolve the issue and it also saves the resources used for identification and resolution of the issue.
- Performance issue is discovered using artificial intelligence.
Visit official site: Dynatrace
Zenoss is a leader in hybrid IT monitoring and analytics software. It was launched in 2005 with its headquarters in Austin, Texas, USA. It has three software offerings – Zenoss core (Open source), Zenoss Service dynamics (Commercial software) and Zenoss as a Service (ZaaS).
Zenoss has a huge application monitoring capacity- that it monitors 1.2 million devices and 17 billion data points in a day. Zenoss won the Forbes award in 2016 for “Best Enterprise Software Startups and CEOs to Work For”
- Zenoss reduces downtime with proactive application monitoring.
- Resolves the issues with seamless Infrastructure before the end user gets impacted due to the issue.
- Zenoss can automatically monitor application events and provide immediate alerts & notification.
- Zenoss can integrate with leading APM vendor such as New Relic, AppDyanmics, Dynatrace etc
Visit official site: Zenoss
#6) Dell Foglight
DELL is a multinational computer technology company based out of Texas, United States and was established in 1984. DELL has around 138,000 employees across the globe. DELL acquired Quest software in 2012. Quest Software was well known one of the leaders in 2011 for Application Performance Monitoring.
Dell Foglight monitors the performance of an application across various technologies such as .NET Java. It also provides various analytical dashboards, better user experience, and cross-mapping between an application and the database.
Foglight quickly identifies and resolves the issues related to applications, virtual environment, and database. Foglight can be integrated with different other tools to monitor application performance along with the Infrastructure performance.
- Foglight supports languages like Java, .NET, AJAX etc.
- It is used to monitor Application Performance, database monitoring, storage platform performance etc.
- It helps to improve compliance with the end users SLA.
- Foglight captures user transactions to monitor the application health.
Visit official site: Dell Foglight
#7) Stackify Retrace
Stackify was launched in 2012 by Matt Watson with its headquarters in Kansas, USA. It had a revenue of around $1 million in 2016. Stackify has been rewarded 2016 Editors’ Choice Award by PC Magazine for its tremendous work of Application Performance Monitoring. Stackify reported 300% revenue growth in 2016.
Stackify provides application performance monitoring tool – Retrace and with the help of Retrace, Stackify has around 1000 customers including small companies as well as giant organizations like Xerox, Microsoft, Honeywell etc.
- It supports .NET, Java and various other frameworks.
- Retrace can be integrated with other tools and it supports various environments.
- It is a SaaS-based APM tool and is designed specifically for developers.
- Retrace identifies the problems using detailed code level performance trace.
- Retrace maintains the health of various servers and applications.
- It collects the details of all the applications stack and identifies its impact on performance.
Visit official site: Stackify Retrace
Earlier it was known as Tracelytics which was acquired by AppNeta and now it is a part of SolarWinds. SolarWinds was found in 1999 with its headquarter in Texas, USA. More than 150 employees are working here and it has revenue of $429 million.
It is an Application Performance Monitoring tool for web applications. It provides deep insight of the application, better end-user experience, and is a very cost-effective performance monitoring tool.
- Traceview supports Java, .NET, PHP, Ruby, Python etc.
- It monitors, web applications and SaaS applications.
- Traceview supports detailed level of code level performance monitoring.
- It fixes the problem with real user monitoring system.
- It supports online as well as email and phone support.
Visit official site: Traceview
#9) Application Insights
Microsoft is one of the reputed software company launched in 1975 with its headquarters in Washington, USA. More than 124,000 employees are working with a revenue of $90 billion. Microsoft jumps into the Application Performance Monitoring tool market by releasing “Application Insights”, which will help the organizations to understand how their applications are performing.
Application Insights is more focused on developers and is designed to monitor the application performance and to collect data to help in troubleshooting and improving the performance of the application.
- It works with Window-based application along with Android and iOS platform.
- Application Insights is used to monitor the response time for various requests, CPU, network, memory usage etc.
- Quickly identifies any problem and finds out the root cause of the issue and fixes it immediately.
- It has a powerful alerting system such as response time, email, various metrics etc.
- It provides various metrics and dashboard to ensure that an application is available and running.
Visit official site: Application Insights
#10) CA Technologies
CA Technologies was launched in 1976 and is headquartered in New York, USA. It has more than 12K employees currently with a revenue of $4 billion.
CA Application Performance Monitoring supports web, mobile, cloud, mainframe etc. It monitors the application performance and provides greater customer experience. CA APM is available on-premises for the enterprise customers.
- It identifies the problems quickly and resolves them immediately.
- Easily monitors application and simulates real user transactions.
- It safeguards the application performance from Mobile to Mainframe.
- Improvement in digital performance of the application and customer journey.
- Simplifying and speeding up the detection and resolution of the issues results in reducing time and efforts.
- It provides better metrics when compared to other APM tools.
- It is an easy to deploy and stable APM tool.
Visit official site: CA Technologies
In this article, we have seen the various Application Performance Monitoring tools.
There are still a lot of APM tools available in the market which can be chosen based on the project need and application performance.
=>> Contact us to suggest listing here
Hope you try these tools today.