The list and comparison of the best Penetration Testing Companies: Top Pen Testing Service Providers from Worldwide Including USA and India
We have provided the list of the best Pen Testing Service Provider companies from USA, UK, India and the rest of the world. Also, compared these in detail so you can quickly select the best provider for your services.
Identifying security vulnerabilities is an immensely important task in the testing process.
This, in turn, can be used for exposing security loopholes in the system. Penetration testing is one among the others in this process. This step is crucial to safeguard your important data from the attackers.
In this article, we will review Penetration Testing in short and mainly focus on the companies who provide pen testing service provider companies.
What is Penetration Testing?
Penetration Testing or Pen Test refers to the simulated cyber-attack that is being made to exploit the system at a certain point to detect the exploitable vulnerabilities concerned with the system security.
- Once such a vulnerability found then it is used to exploit the system to gain access to the featured data.
- This kind of testing comes under ethical hacking and the person performing penetration testing is known as an ethical hacker.
- Pen Tests are being performed to find out those issues which are not easy to catch during the manual analysis of the system.
- The condition of a system is exploitable when there are multiple users granted with the use of a system with fewer security controls.
What You Will Learn:
- Top Penetration Testing Companies Worldwide in 2020
- Comparison Table Of Top Pen Testing Companies
- #1) ScienceSoft
- #2) Acunetix
- #3) Netsparker
- #4) CyberHunter
- #5) Raxis
- #6) ImmuniWeb®
- #7) HackerOne
- #8) Indusface WAS
- #9) BreachLock Inc
- #10) SecureWorks
- #11) FireEye
- #12) Rapid7
- #13) CA Veracode
- #14) Coalfire Labs
- #15) Offensive Security
- #16) Netragard
- #17) Securus Global
- #18) eSec Forte
- #19) NETSPI
- #20) Cipher Security LLC
- #21) Rhino Security Labs
- Top Penetration Testing Companies in India
- Types of Penetration Testing
- The Need for Pen Testing
Top Penetration Testing Companies Worldwide in 2020
Given below is a list of the top Penetration Testing service company in the market.
Comparison Table Of Top Pen Testing Companies
Here is a quick comparison of all the top pen testing service providers.
|ScienceSoft||Texas, USA||1989||$25M||500 - 1000||Vulnerability Assessment, |
Security Code Review,
Infrastructure Security Audit
|Acunetix||Malta||2005||$10M||10 - 50||Penetration Testing,|
Compliance Reporting Functionality,
Perimeter server scanning.
|Netsparker||London||2006||$1M||10 - 20||Penetration Testing|
|CyberHunter||Ottawa, ON Canada||2016||$1M+||10+||Penetration Testing, Network Threat Assessments, Security Audits, Cyber Threat Hunting|
|Raxis||Atlanta, GA||2012||$3M+||10-15||Penetration testing, red team penetration testing, web application penetration testing, mobile application penetration testing, API & secure code review, vulnerability assessments, physical social engineering, phishing, tabletop exercises, incident response.|
|ImmuniWeb||Geneva, Switzerland||2019||$3M+||100+||Digital Asset Discovery, Digital Asset Inventory, Continuous Security Monitoring, Application Security Testing (AST), Web and Mobile Penetration Testing, Software Composition Analysis (SCA) and Dark Web Monitoring.|
|HackerOne||San Francisco, US||2012||$25M+||250||Hacker-powered security through penetration testing, bug bounties, vulnerability disclosure programs, vulnerability assessment, compliance testing, and more.|
|Indusface WAS||Bangalore , India||2012||$3M+||80+||Pentratration Testing, Vulnerability Management, |
Virtual Patching , Managed WAF, Compliance Reporting, False positive removals, Website security detection and protection, 24x7 support and fully managed.
|BreachLock Inc||New York, USA|
|2018||$3M+||20-50||Vulnerability Management, Pen Testing as a Service, Third Party Penetration Testing.|
|Secureworks||Atlanta, USA||1991||$429M||1000 - 5000||Penetration Testing,|
|FireEye||Californis, USA||2003||$203M||3200||Penetration Testing|
|Rapid 7||Boston, USA||2000||$200.9M||750 - 1000||Penetration Testing,Vulnerability Management|
|CA Veracode||Massachusetts, USA||2006||$100M||550||Penetration Testing,Third Party Security|
|Coalfire||Colorado, USA||2001||$50 - $100||100 - 500||Penetration Testing,Vulnerability Scanning & Assessment|
|Offensive Security||Sycamore, Georgia||2007||$10M - $40M||10 - 70||Penetration Testing|
|Netragard||Massachusetts, USA||2006||$1M - $21M||11 - 80||Penetration Testing,Vulnerability Assessment|
|Securus Global||Melbourne, Australia||2003||$7M - $11M||50 - 100||Penetration Testing,Incident Management|
|eSec Forte||Delhi, India||2010||$4.8M||30 - 50||Penetration Testing, Vulnerability Assessment|
|NETSPI||Manneapolis, USA||2001||$4.6M||50||Penetration Testing,Vulnerability Management|
|Cypher Security LLC||Miami, USA||2000||$1 - $2.5M||10 - 19||Penetration Testing,Vulnerability Assessment|
|Rhino Security Labs||Washington, USA||2013||$1.28M||11 - 50||Penetration Testing|
|Penetration Companies in India|
|ISECURION||Bangalore, India||2015||$2M - $3M||20||Penetration Testing, Vulnerability Assessment, Mobile App Security, Network Security, Source Code Audit, Blockchain Security|
|Suma Soft||Pune, India||2000||$1B||200 - 500||Penetration Testing,Vulnerability Assessment|
|Protiviti||California, USA||2002||$500M - $1B||1000 - 5000||Penetration Testing,Vulnerability Testing|
|Kratikal Tech Pvt. Ltd.||Noida, India||2012||$3M - $14M||50 - 100||Penetration Testing|
|Secugenius||Noida, India||2010||$5M - $13M||51 - 200||Penetration Testing,Vulnerability Testing|
|Pristine InfoSolution||Mumbai, India||2010||$10M - $12M||10||Penetration Testing|
|Entersoft||Bengaluru, India||2002||$5M - $10M||50 - 200||Penetration Testing,Compliance Management|
|Secfence||New Delhi, India||2009||$5M - $10M||11 - 50||Penetration Testing,Vulnerability Assessment|
|SecureLayer7||Pune, India||2012||$2M - $10M||50||Penetration Testing,Vulnerability Assessment|
|Indian Cyber Security Solutions (ICSS)||Kolkata, India||2013||$5M - $7M||10 - 50||Penetration Testing,Source Code Review|
ScienceSoft is a cybersecurity services provider and a software development company. ScienceSoft helps their clients operating in banking, healthcare, retail, manufacturing, and other industries to design and implement the most relevant defense for their IT environments.
Headquarters: Texas, USA
Employees: 500 – 1000
Revenue: $25 M
Core Services: Security Testing (Vulnerability Assessment, Penetration Testing, Compliance Testing, Security Code Review, Infrastructure Security Audit), Web Application Protection, Network Protection, Managed IT Services, IoT solutions, Data Analytics.
Products: IBM QRadar for Security Intelligence, QLean for QRadar Health Check and ScienceSoft SIEM for Automated Security Monitoring.
Clients: Walmart, Nestle, eBay, NASA JPL, T- Mobile, Baxter, Viber, M&T Bank, etc.
- 30 years of experience in information technology consulting and custom software development.
- Providing cybersecurity services for more than 15 years.
- IBM Gold Business Partner in Security Operations & Response.
- Recognized with 5 Gold Microsoft Competencies: Application Development, Collaboration and Content, Data Analytics, Datacenter, and Data Platform.
- Partnered with IBM, Microsoft, Oracle, Salesforce, Magento, ServiceNow, etc.
Acunetix is a fully automated web vulnerability scanner that detects and reports on over 4500 web application vulnerabilities including all variants of SQL Injection and XSS.
It includes advanced manual tools for penetration testers and integrates with popular Issue Trackers and WAFs.
Netsparker is a dead accurate automated scanner that will identify vulnerabilities such as SQL Injection and Cross-site Scripting in web applications and web APIs. Netsparker uniquely verifies the identified vulnerabilities proving they are real and not false positives.
It facilitates the role of a penetration tester since you do not need to waste hours manually verifying the identified vulnerabilities once a scan is finished.
It is available as a Windows software and an online service.
CyberHunter: Cyber Security is the Foundation for Digital Business. Accelerate your security. Penetration Testing. Network Threat Assessments. Security Audits. Cyber Threat Hunting.
Headquarters: Ottawa, ON Canada
Revenue: 1 M+
Core Services: Penetration Testing, Network Threat Assessments, Network Security Audits, Cyber Threat Hunting, Network Log Monitoring.
Products: TrendMicro, Ericom, Sucuri, InfoCyte, Sepio Systems, Votiro
Clients: Toyota, Boxycharm, Synergy Gateway, The Minery, PSAC, GolfTown, IronMountain, Arterra, Horizon, ProntoForms, Grow Sumo, FOKO Retail.
- Best for Penetration Testing, Network Threat Assessments, Security Audits, Cyber Threat Hunting
- Providing network reconnaissance, vulnerability mapping, exploitation attempts, cyber threat analysis
- One of the top Cyber Security & Pen Test Consultants in Canada, the US and the Caribbean
Raxis is a pure-play penetration testing company that specializes in penetration testing, vulnerability management, and incident response services. Raxis performs over 300 penetration tests annually and enjoys a solid relationship with customers of all sizes around the globe.
Headquarters: Atlanta, GA
Revenue: $3M +
Core Services: Penetration testing, red team penetration testing, web application penetration testing, mobile application penetration testing, API & secure code review, vulnerability assessments, physical social engineering, phishing, tabletop exercises, incident response, etc.
Clients: Southern Company, Nordstrom, Delta, Scientific Games, AppRiver, BlueBird, GE, Monotto, etc.
- CISSP, CISSM, OSCP, OSWP, etc. credentialed team
- Internal, external, wireless network penetration testing
- Web, API, and mobile application penetration testing
- Secure code review
- Incident response
- A highly specialized team of offensive security professionals that focus solely on breach assessments and incidents
Official link: Visit Raxis website
ImmuniWeb® is a global provider of web, API, and mobile application penetration testing and security ratings. Its award-winning ImmuniWeb® AI platform leverages a proprietary Multilayer Application Security Testing (AST) technology for rapid and DevSecOps-enabled application penetration testing.
Its proven Machine Learning and AI technology were mentioned by Gartner, Forrester and IDC technology analysts for innovation and effectiveness.
The hottest products endorsed by verified users at Gartner Peer Insights are:
- ImmuniWeb® Discovery for a turnkey asset discovery and risk ratings (web, mobile, cloud, domains, certs, IoT);
- ImmuniWeb® On-Demand for a turnkey web penetration testing (web, API, cloud, AWS);
- ImmuniWeb® MobileSuite for a turnkey mobile penetration testing (iOS and Android App, Backend API);
- ImmuniWeb® Continuous for 24/7 continuous security monitoring and penetration testing (web, API, cloud, AWS).
ImmuniWeb’s community offering also provides industry practitioners with FREE:
- SSL Security Test
- Website Security Test
- Mobile App Security Test
- Phishing Test
ImmuniWeb® is the winner of SC Awards Europe 2018 in “Best Usage of Machine Learning Technology”, where it outperformed six other finalists including IBM Watson for Cybersecurity.
HackerOne is the global leader in hacker-powered security. We tap into our community of white-hat hackers to deliver 6x the ROI of traditional pentests.
Headquarters: San Francisco, US
Employee Count: 250
Revenue: $25 M+
Enlisted Below Are Some Reasons For Top Companies To Choose HackerOne’s Pentests:
- Speed of on-demand delivery: Get started in 7 days and get full results in 4 weeks.
- Get alerted to vulnerabilities as they are found: Don’t wait until the report to find out critical vulnerabilities, know immediately.
- Hands-on scoping: Pentesters are matched based on skills and relevance to business applications.
- Direct feedback loop with testers: Communicate directly with your team through modern collaboration tools like Slack.
- No additional cost for retesting: Retesting is included and is handled by the original finder to ensure accuracy & consistency.
- Software development life cycle integrations: Get integration with products like Github and Jira to collaborate easily with dev teams and remediate faster.
- Achieve compliance standards: SOC2, ISO, PCI, HITRUST, etc.
Core Services: Hacker-powered security through penetration testing, bug bounties, vulnerability disclosure programs, vulnerability assessment, compliance testing, and more.
Customers: Google Play, Spotify, Paypal, Slack, HBO, Verizon, Twitter, Shopify, Toyota, General Motors, Starbucks, European Commission, Twitter.
#8) Indusface WAS
Company Name: Indusface
Indusface WAS provides both manual Penetration testing bundled with its own automated web application vulnerability scanner that detects and reports vulnerabilities based on OWASP top 10. Every customer who gets a Manual PT done automatically gets the automated scanner and they can use on demand for the whole year.
The company is headquartered in India with offices in Bengaluru, Vadodara, Mumbai, Delhi and San Francisco and their services are used by 1100+ customers across 25+ countries globally.
- New age crawler to scan single page applications.
- Pause and resume feature.
- Manual Penetration testing and publish the report in the same dashboard.
- Unlimited proof of concept requests to provide evidence of reported vulnerability and eliminate false positive from automated scan findings.
- Optional integration with the Indusface WAF to provide instant virtual patching with Zero False positive.
- Ability to automatically expand crawl coverage based on real traffic data from the WAF systems (in case WAF is subscribed and used).
- 24×7 support to discuss remediation guidelines and POC.
- Free trial with a comprehensive single scan and no credit card required.
Official Link: Indusface WAS
#9) BreachLock Inc
BreachLock Inc is a SaaS-based cloud platform that enables businesses to consume agile security assessments at scale. In just a few clicks, a business can order a penetration test, launch automated scans or engage with the security researchers.
Headquarters: USA- New York, EU- Amsterdam
Revenue: $3M +
Core Services: Vulnerability Management, Pen Testing as a Service, Third Party Penetration Testing, Vendor Assessments, Phishing as a Service, RED Teaming, Cloud Penetration Testing, Mobile Application Penetration Testing, IoT Penetration Testing, Web Application Penetration Testing, Network Penetration Testing, etc.
Products: RATA Web Application Vulnerability Scanner, and RATA Network Vulnerability Scanner.
- Network Scanning: Whether you need to demonstrate compliance for an enterprise client or ensure the safety of either external or internal network, BreachLock thoroughly scans for more than 1000 plus different vulnerabilities.
- Web Scanning (DAST): Offered as a SaaS solution based on OWASP Top 10 and WASC Detection, it allows you to request tests at one click with unlimited access to our experienced and certified security researchers. Combination of man and machine ensures that there is a guaranteed accuracy with validated and actionable findings.
- Penetration Testing: Our penetration testing service covers web applications, network, cloud, IoT, and mobile applications. After the penetration test is conducted, our SaaS platform fulfills your support needs and retest requests.
SecureWorks offers information security services and solutions for systems, networks and information assets from the intruder’s activity. The firm was established as a public organization in April 2016 but was owned by Dell in 2011.
Headquarters: Atlanta, USA
Employees: 1000 – 5000
Revenue: $400+ M
Core Services: Pen Testing Services, Application Security Testing, Advance Threat/Malware detection and prevention, Log Retention and Compliance Reporting, Vulnerability Management, Risk Assessment, Cloud Security Monitoring, Incident Management, etc.
Products: Managed Security Solutions, Information Security Solutions, Compliance Management Solutions, Threat Protection Solutions, Cybersecurity Risk Management Solutions, Industry Solutions, etc.
Clients: Pacific Gas and Electric Company, Cardinal Health, Geologic, Honda, Heitman, Insulet Corporation, etc.
- The company serves 4,400 customers in 61 countries across the world ranging from fortune 100 companies.
- Provides information security against global threats by performing approximately 250 billion cyber events.
- Specialists in providing the most powerful cybersecurity solutions.
Official Link: SecureWorks
FireEye is a global cybersecurity provider to offer protection against advanced persistent threats and spear phishing.
Headquarters: California, USA
Employees: 3,200 (by 2016)
Revenue: $203 M
Core Services: Penetration Testing, Security Program Assessment, Red Team Assessment, Response Readiness Assessment, Training Services, Deployment and Integration Services, Cyber Threat Intelligence Services, etc.
Products: Helix The Security Operations Platform, FireEye Threat Analytics, FireEye Security Suit, Email Security, Network Forensic and Security, Threat Intelligence, Endpoint Security, etc.
Clients: Vodafone, Amuse Inc, Laya Healthcare, Luz Technologies, BCC Corporation, CapWealth Advisors, LLC, Teck Resources, Hexaware, etc.
- Solutions and services offered by FireEye incorporate higher expertise and intelligence to protect your system against cyber threats.
- FireEye offers real-time learning system with its unique FireEye Innovation approach.
Official Link: FireEye
Rapid7 is a USA based software company which provides security analytics software and services to improve threat risk management. Rapid7 allows to automate routine tasks and implement performance intelligence to improve productivity.
Headquarters: Boston, USA
Employees: 750 – 1000
Revenue: $200.9 M
Core Services: Penetration Testing, Vulnerability Management, Training, and Certification Services, Advisory Services
Products: Metasploit for Penetration Testing, Nexpose for Vulnerability Management, Insight VM for Vulnerability Assessment, InsightIDR for User Behaviour Analytics, Insight Ops for IT Operations, InsightPhish for Phishing Simulation, Komand for Automation
Clients: Adobe, Akamai, AES Corp, Alliance Data Systems Corporation, AMC Networks, American Express, Ametek, Autodesk, Comcast, Dominos, Dell EMC Corporation, Honeywell, Kelly Services etc.
- Rapid7 is mostly preferred for vulnerability management, application security, and incident tracking for more than 7,200 organizations in 120 countries.
- The company offers different tools with different features, each software has a unique powerful framework against security threats.
- Easy-to-use interface.
- Helps to detect website cloning attack, offers one-click phishing campaign etc.
Official Link: Rapid7
#13) CA Veracode
CA Veracode offers application security solutions and services with scalability, development integration and ensuring security policies. CA Veracode performs vulnerability assessment logically.
Headquarters: Massachusetts, USA
Revenue: $100 M
Core Services: Pen Testing Services, Program Management, E-Learning, Third-Party Security.
Products: CA Veracode Greenlight for Instant Scanning, CA Veracode Developer Sandbox for Evaluating Code, CA Veracode Static Analysis for Assessing integrated application for policy compliance, CA Veracode Software Composition Analysis for Eliminating Risk in Open Source Component.
CA Veracode Dynamic Analysis for fixing vulnerabilities, CA Veracode Runtime Protection for Detecting and restricting intruder's attack, etc.
Clients: Unum, Alfresco, Boeing, Thomson Reuters, McKesson, etc.
- CA Veracode offers security solutions for each stage of the software development lifecycle.
- Solutions provided by Veracode are easily scalable and effective immediately.
- It offers cloud-based solutions to deliver the fastest system outcome.
Official Link: CA Veracode
#14) Coalfire Labs
Coalfire is known as a cybersecurity advisor for both private as well as public sector organizations. They offer effective security programs to achieve business goals against complex cyber threat situations.
Headquarters: Colorado, USA
Employees: 100 – 500
Revenue: $50M – $100M
Core Services: Penetration Testing, Application Security Assessment, Vulnerability Scanning & Assessment, Research and Development, Red Team Exercise, etc.
Products: CoalfireOne Scanning Solution, Cyber Defence for Cyber Security, Compliance Services Products like HIPAA, GDPR, etc.
Clients: 3M, AWS, Azure, Carbon Black, The Carlyle Group, Orion Health, InstaMed, Concur, Diebold, etc.
- Avails services in Healthcare, Life Science, Retail, Technology, Hospitality, Education, etc.
- Advisories that incorporate cyber risk management, compliance services, etc.
- It possesses more than 17 years of experience in IT security and compliance.
Official Link: Coalfire Labs
#15) Offensive Security
Offensive Security is a provider of information security training and pen testing services and certification as well.
Headquarters: Sycamore, Georgia
Employees: 10 – 70
Revenue: $10M – $40 M
Core Services: Penetration Testing, Advance Attack Simulation Services, Application Security Assessment, certification etc.
Products: Kali Linux, Exploit Database, Kali NetHunter, BackTrack, Metasploit Unleashed etc.
Clients: Offensive Security offers pen testing services to Government Sectors, Banking, and Financial Services, Healthcare and Manufacturing firms.
- It actively and regularly conducts security vulnerability research.
- Has implemented exclusive Bug Bounty Program to add on unnoticed individual vulnerabilities.
- Offensive Security Penetration Testing Lab (OSPTL) is a virtual network environment to improve and enhance pen test skills.
Official Link: Offensive Security
Netragard is a reputed firm providing high-scale security services in public and private sectors firm. Netragard uses an advanced type of Penetration Testing known as Real Time Dynamic Testing.
Headquarters: Massachusetts, USA
Employees: 11 – 80
Revenue: $1 – $21 M
Core Services: Pen Testing Services, Vulnerability Assessment, Point of Sales (PoS) Testing etc.
Products: Netragard is well-known for its certification products such as:
- Silver Certificate: For entry-level customers, but do not support Real Time Dynamic Testing.
- Gold Certificate: Technically advanced than Silver but does not Support Real Time Dynamic Testing.
- Platinum Certificate: The most advanced product incorporates Threat Augmentation Module.
Clients: Bloomberg, C|Net, Forbes, The Wall Street Journal, Fox 25, ZDNet, The Register etc.
- Provides detailed solutions for recovering vulnerabilities.
- Ability to check for 70,000 vulnerabilities.
- 3rd Party Passing Penetration Test Report.
- Research Driven Penetration Testing.
Official Link: Netragard
#17) Securus Global
Securus Global provides heavy support in research and development against security threats. With each modification round, Securus Global offers ways to find over 100 new threats.
Headquarters: Melbourne, Australia
Employees: 50 – 100
Revenue: $7 – $11 M
Core Services: Penetration Testing, Assessment, and Assurance Services, Incident Management, Mobile Application Security Testing, SDLC and Project Assessment, Threat Assessment, Advisory and Consulting Services etc.
Products: CANVAS for Security Assessment, Imperva for Data Center Security, QualysGuard for Vulnerability and Web App Vulnerability Management Solutions Scanning, Tripwire Enterprise and VIA for Configuration Audit and Control.
SaaS and Cloud Applications, Payment Systems, D2 Exploitation Tools, Card and Enterprise Recon for Cardholder Data Discovery, PCI DSS Tools etc.
Clients: Ruxmon, AISA, Auscert, RED Cell, Lawtech Solutions etc.
- Avails services in Banking and Finance, Technology, Retail, Technology, Payment Services, Education, Telecommunication, Retail, Entertainment, Government etc.
- Helps organizations to add credibility value by providing Security Advisory, Assessment, and Complementary services.
Official Link: Securus Global
#18) eSec Forte
eSec Forte is a CMMI Level-3 ISO 9001-2008, 27001-2013 certified global implementation firm and one of the top IT service providers for information and cyber security consulting services.
Headquarters: Delhi, India
Employees: 30 – 50
Revenue: $4.8 M
Core Services: Penetration Testing, Vulnerability Assessment, Mobile Application Security, Wireless Network Assessment, Configuration Assessment, Source Code Review, Incident Response, Malware Analysis
Products: Core Impact for Penetration Testing, Nessus for Vulnerability Management, Smokescreen for Cyber Deception, Digital Guardian for Data Loss Prevention, CHECKMARX, Netsparker, and Webinspect for Application Security
Clients: Bharat Electronics, Reliance Communication, AGS Transact Technologies Ltd, HCL, TATA Services, Essel Group, MAX Healthcare, Dialog, Huawei, DRDO, AMD, etc.
- eSec Forte provides better pen-testing services that help to identify business risks.
- The company provides fully featured mobile apps based on the skeletal framework.
- It always welcomes new clients to take part in the development process to come with the best outcome.
Official Link: eSec Forte
NETSPI is an application and network security testing solution provider in education, healthcare and retailers domain. It is one of the topmost penetration testing and cybersecurity company worldwide.
Headquarters: Minneapolis, USA
Revenue: $4.6 M
Core Services: Pen Testing Services, Vulnerability Management, Application Security, Infrastructure Security, Attack Simulation Services, Advisory Services
Products: Pentest Workbench for Penetration Testing, Vulnerability Broker for Vulnerability Assessment, Integration Engine for Datasets and Back Office systems
Clients: Cuna Mutual Group, Carlson, Fairview, Graco, Carlson Wagonlit Travels, HealthEast Care System, Xcel Energy, Dialog etc.
- The company provides high-end security testing and vulnerability assessment solutions.
- NETSPI combines automation and manual approach for performing internal and external network penetration testing.
- NETSPI services also include some unique services such as Red Team security, Adversarial Simulation, and Social Engineering.
Official Link: NETSPI
#20) Cipher Security LLC
Cipher Security LLC is known as a global security company offers highly efficient SOC I and SOC II Type 2 certified managed security and consulting services.
Headquarters: Miami, USA
Employees: 10 – 19
Revenue: $1 – $2.5 M
Core Services: Penetration Testing & Ethical Hacking Services, Vulnerability Assessment, Risk and Assessment, PCI Assessment and Consulting, Software Security Assurance, Threat Monitoring, etc.
Products: Self-Assessment Tools
- It helps the system to defend against advanced threats while managing risks.
- Efficient and innovative solutions to ensure system compliance.
- Provides proprietary and specialized security services to every organization associated.
Official Link: Cipher Security LLC
#21) Rhino Security Labs
Rhino Security Labs is a penetration testing company that incorporates best security research, leading security engineers and some proprietary technologies to perform penetration testing.
Headquarters: Washington, USA
Employees: 11 – 50
Revenue: $1.28 M
Core Services: Network Penetration Testing, AWS (Amazon Web Services) Penetration Testing, Mobile App Penetration Testing, Secure Code Review, Web Application, Social Engineering, etc.
Products: SleuthQL for Application Security, GDRP for Penetration Testing, CloudGoat for AWS Environment, AWS Essentials, etc.
Clients: Ford, First National Bank, Datto, Burger King, Funko, Tai Ping, Milliman
- The leading and Award-winning penetration testing provider implementing a wide range of technical aspects.
- Uses the Dive-Deep approach to unfold threats and vulnerabilities.
- Provide services in various fields like healthcare, technology, retail, and finance.
Official Link: Rhino Security Labs
Probely is a web vulnerability scanner for agile teams. It provides continuous scanning of your web applications and lets you efficiently manage the lifecycle of the vulnerabilities found, in a sleek and intuitive web interface.
It also provides tailored instructions on how to fix the vulnerabilities (including snippets of code), and by using its full-featured API, it can be integrated into development processes (SDLC) and continuous integration pipelines (CI/CD), in order to automate security testing. This empowers the developers to be more independent when it comes to security testing.
Headquarters: San Francisco, USA
Employees: 10 – 20
Revenue: $150 – $200 K
Core Services: SaaS – Web Vulnerability Scanner
Products: Probely (SMB) and Probely Plus (Enterprise)
Clients: BBC, TalMix, Introhive, Zeguro, Tandem, Double Verify, etc.
- Scanner: Lightning scans, Full scans, Extra hosts in the scope, Fingerprinting, Scanning Modules, Reducing False-Positives, Report False-Positives and Invalid Vulnerabilities.
- Targets: Multiple environment targets, Pool of targets, Switch targets, Archiving targets Add-On, etc.
- Teams: Team Members, Assign vulnerabilities to a member, etc.
- Reports: Scan results report, Compliance report, Coverage report, etc.
- Integrations: Slack, Jira, Full Features API, CI Tools, etc.
Companies mentioned above are well-known worldwide for penetration testing services.
Top Penetration Testing Companies in India
Here, in this section, we will review some Indian companies who provide penetration testing services.
ISECURION is an information security company providing out-most service quality, innovation and research in the field of Information Security Consulting and Technology. We provide a unique blend of services to our customers catering to the current information security landscape.
Headquarters: Bangalore, India
Revenue: $2M – $5M
Core Services: Penetration Testing, Vulnerability Assessment, Mobile Application Security, Red team Penetration Testing, Network Security, Source Code Audit, Blockchain Security, ISO 27001 Implementation & Certification, Compliance Audits, SCADA Security Audits, SAP Security Assessment, etc.
Clients: Mphasis, Wipro, SLK Global, Trusted Source, RLE India, Khosla Labs, Healthplix, Option3, Infrrd, Racetrack, Remidio, Urbansoul, etc.
- Offers manual and automated approach for penetration testing
- Certified Consultants with rich domain expertise.
- ISECURION will not only identify technical vulnerabilities but also help customers to fix the findings.
- The Methodology is based on best Industry practice while will help customers to achieve the desired information security goal.
- Help you to find gaps in your process, people and Technology.
- Support of various technology related solutions and best practice guidance’s from ISECURION Experts.
Official Link: ISECURION
SumaSoft is an ITES and BPO solution offering firm to provide customized Business Process Management Services.
Headquarters: Pune, India
Employees: 200 – 500
Revenue: $1 B
Core Services: Penetration Testing and vulnerability assessment, Business Process Outsourcing, Network Security Monitoring, Database Support Services, Cloud Migration Services, Software Development Services, Logistics Services.
Products: Cloud-based Asset Management System.
Clients: ECHO Global Logistics, Bajaj Auto Finance, TVS Credit, Hero FinCorp, Matson logistics, Eshipper, Time Customer Service, Inc, Fasoos, Command Transport, Freightcom etc.
- 18+ experience to serve business operations with best BPO Solutions.
- Serves clients with various services such as BPO, Software and QA, and Security Management Services.
- Avails software solutions for web, mobile, and cloud.
Official Link: SumaSoft
Offers information security solutions in Telecommunication, Finance, Healthcare, Manufacturing and Distribution, Technology and Media fields.
Headquarters: California, USA
Employees: 1000 – 5000
Revenue: $500M – $1B
Core Services: Penetration and Vulnerability Testing, Data Security and Privacy Management, Financial Reporting, Human Capital Outsourcing, Transaction Services, IT Consulting, Risk Compliance etc.
- Protiviti helps their clients with Fair Value Accounting, Stock-based Compensation, Revenue Recognition Process etc.
- Developing risk strategies to adapt to Agile and DevOps environment and meet the requirement for speed and time.
Official Link: Protiviti
Kratikal Tech Pvt. Ltd is one of the trusted established standards to protect businesses and brands from cyber threat attacks. Works on implementing new advanced technologies to support system performance in critical security issues.
Headquarters: Noida, India
Employees: 50 – 100
Revenue: $3M – $14M
Core Services: Network/Infrastructure Penetration Testing, Application/Server Security Testing, Cloud Security Testing, Compliance Management, E-Commerce etc.
Products: ThreatCop for improving cybersecurity against the threat.
Clients: PVR Cinemas, Fortis, MAX Life Insurance, Aditya Birla Capital, Airtel, Tetex, IRCTC, Unisys, E-ShopBox, TeacherMatch, Razor Think etc.
- Offers solutions for Healthcare, E-Commerce, Government, Payment Services, Financial Services, and Educational firms.
- Provides test suit for manual as well as automated security testing.
- Also avails Real Time Attack Simulation, Risk Assessment.
- Enables best RoI on security investments.
Official Link: Kratikal
Secugenius is an India based Information Security provider for a business firm offering solutions to protect the system against cybercrime. Helps by applying security expertise and means of ethical hacking to protect the business from several cyber threats.
Headquarters: Noida, India
Employees: 51 – 200
Revenue: $5M – $13M
Core Services: Web app and Website Penetration Testing, Network Penetration Testing, Database Pen Testing, Vulnerability Assessment, Database Pen Testing, Cloud Security, Mobile App Security Testing, Source Code Review etc.
Products: QuickX as a decentralized platform
Clients: Vodafone, Mahindra Comviva, Envigo, Reliance Jio, Coolwinks, Infogain, Unisys etc.
- 24 x 7 R & D support for complex technical units of the system.
- The proposed Quick X platform is undergoing development to emerge as an effective solution about scalability, cost, and time-related issues.
- Quick X aims to provide an instant payment option for facilitating business segments.
Official Link: Secugenius
#6) Pristine InfoSolutions
It is one of the best penetration testing provider in India which provides real-world threat assessment and comprehensive pen tests. It is being a fronted-runner in the field of Ethical Hacking and Information Security.
Headquarters: Mumbai, India
Revenue: $10M – $12M
Core Services: Penetration Testing, Cyber Crime Investigation, Cyber Law Consulting, Information Security Services
Clients: TCS, Wipro, Capgemini, Accenture, Trends Micro, PayMate, HCL, Diga TechnoArts, Husweb Solutions Inc., Tech Infotrons etc.
Offers manual and automated approach for penetration testing:
- Information Security Services includes Website Security Audit, Network Security Audit, Mobile Security Testing, Security Compliance Audit etc.
- Taking care of client satisfaction by offering flexible service delivery models, security alignments etc.
Official Link: Pristine InfoSolutions
Entersoft Security is an application security solution provider offering a robust application for effective threat vulnerability assessment.
Headquarters: Bengaluru, India
Employees: 50 – 200
Revenue: $5M – $10M
Core Services: Penetration and Vulnerability Testing, Code Review, Cloud Security, Application Security Monitoring, Compliance Management etc.
Products: Entersoft Business Suit and Entersoft Expert for Business Intelligence, Entersoft Retail for E-Commerce, Entersoft WMS for Warehouse Management, Entersoft Mobile Field Service etc.
Clients: Loof, Agility, Fidelity International, Cision PR Newswire, Fairfax Media, Airwallex, Ignition Wealth, Cardup, Neogrowth, Neat, Fusion, Gatcoin, Haven, Independent Reserve etc.
- Serves clients with offensive assessment, proactive monitoring, and assessment.
- FinTech and Nasscom award winner firm which helps to reduce overall threat vulnerability in the system.
Official Link: Entersoft Security
Secfence is Information Security offering firm in India provides a research-based solution for cybersecurity.
Headquarters: New Delhi, India.
Employees: 10 – 50
Revenue: $5$M – $10M
Core Services: Penetration Testing, Vulnerability Assessment, Web Application Penetration Testing, Web Application Code Review, R&D Services, Cyber Crime Investigation, Information Security Training, Intelligence Analytics, Anti-Malware Software Development etc.
Products: Pentest++ for Penetration Testing.
Clients: Indian Army, Indian Airforce, Delhi Police, Directorate of Revenue Intel., Colt, Tata Group, Network 18 etc.
- Pentest++ Methodology to deal with the real-world cyber-attack such as client-side exploit, dropping undetectable backdoors.
- Offers pioneer technologies and methodologies to prevent National, Corporate and Individual firms and infrastructure from extreme cyber-attacks in terms of information security.
Official Link: Secfence
SecureLayer7 is an international cybersecurity provider in India providing business information security solutions to protect your system against malware, hackers, and several cyber vulnerabilities.
Headquarters: Pune, India
Revenue: $2M – $10M
Core Services: Penetration Testing, Vulnerability Assessment, Mobile App Security, Network Security, Source Code Audit, Web Malware Cleanup, Telecom Network Security, SAP Security Assessment etc.
Clients: Central Desktop, Annomap, Volkswagon, PCEvaluate, ABK, Modus Go etc.
- Offers continuous knowledge-based support to the workflow.
- Helps organization to have ‘Zero Security Threat Alert’ every day.
- 24x 7 Real-Time Solution to monitor system.
Official Link: SecureLayer7
#10) Indian Cyber Security Solutions (ICSS)
ICSS is being worked with Government agencies and corporate houses. They provide training services for cybersecurity to prevent the system from data leaks and privacy violation.
Headquarters: Kolkata, India
Employees: 10 – 50
Revenue: $5M – $7M
Core Services: Web/Network/Android Penetration Testing, Secure Web Development, Secure Code Review, Android App Development, Data Recovery, Digital Marketing etc.
Clients: C – Quel, IRCTC, Titan, ISLE of Fortune, M B Control & System Pvt.Ltd., MSH Group, Odisha Pollution Control Board, KFC, Kolkata Police etc.
- Implementation of Bug Bounty Program.
- Focused areas include Web Shell Injection, Authentication Bypass, Security Misconfiguration, Sensitive Data Exposure, Remote Code Execution etc.
Official Link: Indian Cyber Security Solution (ICSS)
#11) Cryptus Cyber Security
Cryptus Cyber Security Pvt.Ltd. is an India based information security firm that provides Penetration Testing and Analysis for web application and network systems.
Headquarters: New Delhi, India
Employees: 10 – 50
Revenue: $1M – $2M
Core Services: Penetration Testing, Website Development, Incident Detection and Response, Web Hosting, Website, and Android Development, Training and Certification, SEO Services etc.
Products: Known for certification courses in Security Analysis, IT Security and Ethical Hacking, Java, PHP, and Web Designing.
Clients: Accenture, Symantec, HCL, Hashtag Developers, Reliance Mobile, Seagate etc.
- Cost effective web designing and development.
- Multi-sessional cybersecurity.
- Covers most recent and updated vulnerabilities.
- Work on developing own ethical hacking tools and scripts.
Official Link: Cryptus Cyber Security
Types of Penetration Testing
There are 3 types of Penetration Testing as shown below:
- Black Box Penetration Testing: Here a tester is concerned about the outcome irrespective of the code behind.
- White Box Penetration Testing: In this Testing, the tester is been provided with all the information about the system such as the source code, Operating System, IP address, Schema structure etc.
- Grey Box Penetration Testing: Here, the tester is been provided with half or partial information about the system as in the hacker is getting access to the system.
The Need for Pen Testing
#1) Penetration Testing is being performed by system security experts.
#2) It is important, as a tester can detect the security loopholes even before the system is being exposed to the attacker.
#3) This is also required to know how your important information is vulnerable to outside attack.
#4) Business firms need to perform security checks at regular intervals. maybe once in six months or after making any major change in the system security controls.
#5) There are several penetration testing service providers worldwide who provide advanced techniques to perform penetration testing.
#6) Penetration Testers who are one of the important components of penetration testing are well trained, certified hacking professionals to ensure the data adequacy and that in turn makes it easier to perform penetration testing
#7) Penetration testing providers follow some methodologies to perform penetration and vulnerability assessment.
#8) They provide effective penetration testing program to identify many of the security vulnerabilities within the critical time span.
Let's review some major types of penetration test!
Network Service Test: To identify network vulnerabilities in the network infrastructure of the system. Some crucial areas include Firewall configuration, DNS level attacks, State analysis etc.
Wireless Network Test: Deals with all mobile devices such as phones, tablets, laptops etc. The test focused areas include protocol configurations and wireless access points.
Social Engineering Test: This can be of two types, Remote Test and Physical Test. This is an important step to detect the system threat created by the company employee itself.
Client-Side Test: To detect the security threats emerging locally on the user’s system.
Web Application Test: Deals with the web application, browsers and their related components such as applets, plug-ins etc.
Further, in this article, we are going to review some penetration testing companies in detail. Here, we will go through the important features and services provided by the penetration testing companies as well.
Penetration tests are performed for the security evaluation of software or a web application.
It applies both simple as well as tricky techniques on the system to exploit its vulnerabilities. These vulnerabilities might be related to Operating Systems, Services, Wrong Configuration, and unintended end-user.
PenTest techniques can be White-Box or Black-Box to deal with Web Application Security and cyber-attack. Generally, it is augmented towards Application Protocol Interface, APIs and Web Application Firewall.
Last but not least, there is big confusion between the terms Penetration Testing and Vulnerability Assessment. But, conceptually, they both are absolutely different from each other in terms of online system security.
Hence as per the requirement, one can prefer any one of the above tools based on their features and specifications.
Hope this article will help you in selecting one of the best Penetration Testing Company for your business needs!!