List with Comparison of the Best Cloud Monitoring Tools and Services in 2020:
Cloud monitoring uses automated and manual tools for accomplishing, monitoring and assessing the cloud computing plan, structure, and service station.
As more and more industries understand the potential welfare of moving their setup to the cloud, there is an important rise in the implementation of cloud monitoring and managing tools.
These tools benefit the industries to achieve the cloud processes effortlessly and distribute continuous cloud services to the end customers.
What You Will Learn:
- Introduction To Cloud Monitoring
- Most Popular Cloud Monitoring Tools In 2020
- Comparison Chart Of Top Cloud Monitoring Tools
- #1) Netdata.cloud
- #2) Sematext Cloud
- #3) AppDynamics APM
- #4) Site24x7
- #5) CA UIM (Unified Infrastructure Management)
- #6) Amazon CloudWatch
- #7) New Relic
- #8) CloudMonix
- #9) Slack
- #10) PagerDuty
- #11) Bitnami Stacksmith
- #12) Microsoft Cloud Monitoring (OMS)
- #13) Datadog
- Additional Tools
Introduction To Cloud Monitoring
Cloud monitoring can aspect for complications that can stop bringing service to their customers.
It is the practice of manual or automated IT monitoring and managing procedures to confirm that a cloud structure or platform performs optimally.
There are several Cloud Monitoring services that are available in the market these days.
Need Of Cloud Monitoring Software
Given below are the various needs of Cloud Monitoring:
- Quick and easy installation.
- These tools are built for various sized businesses and can monitor if the cloud action increases or not.
- Resources don’t agonize disruptions even if the local servers have a problem as it is not preserved by the organization’s server.
- Tools can be used on several types of devices like laptop, desktop, phones, and tablets.
In this article, we have discussed the top 15 best cloud monitoring software which will make your life easy and simple. Resulting in the perfect cloud management and monitoring software for your procedures amongst the existing selections can be an intimidating job.
By correct understanding of your requirements, budget, and applications, you can make the right choice.
Most Popular Cloud Monitoring Tools In 2020
Let's Explore the best Cloud Tools one by one in detail.
Comparison Chart Of Top Cloud Monitoring Tools
|Tool Name||Parent Company||Devices||Ratings||Subscription Pricing|
|Netdata.cloud||Netdata, Inc. (US)||Web based||4.8/5||Open source, free software.|
|Sematext Cloud||Sematext||Web-based||4.8/5||14-day free trial available.|
|AppDynamics APM||AppDynamics, Inc|
|Web based||4.58/5||Free trail and Subscription Starting price $3,300.00/year|
|CA UIM||CA technologies, Inc|
|Web based, Android, IOS||4.1/5||Free trail and Subscription Starting price $195/month.|
|Web based||4.2/5||Different price for different features.|
|New Relic(APM)||New Relic|
(San Francisco, California)
|Web based, Android, IOS||4.51/5||Free trail and Subscription Starting price |
|CloudMonix||Paraleap Technologies (Chicago)||Web based||4.78/5||Free trail and Subscription Starting price $15/resource/month(min 5 resource)|
|Slack||Slack Technologies, Inc.(Vancouver, Canada)||Web based, Android, IOS||4.61/5||Free trail and Subscription Starting pric e $6.67/active user/month|
|PagerDuty||PagerDuty(San Francisco)||Web based, Android, IOS||4.53/5||Free trail and Subscription Starting price $10/month/user.|
|Bitnami Stacksmith||BitRock Inc.(Seville, Spain)||Web Based||3.9/5||Free trail for 30 days available and contact organization for annual subscription|
|Microsoft OMS||Microsoft(USA)||Web, Android, IOS||3.9/5||Free trail and Subscription Starting price $20/node/month|
|Datadog||Datadog(New York, US)||Web based||4.6/5||Free trail and Subscription Starting price $15/host/month|
Netdata.cloud is a next-generation, collaborative observability platform that provides unparalleled, real-time insights into your systems and applications. Instantly diagnose slowdowns and anomalies in your infrastructure with thousands of metrics, interactive visualizations, and insightful health alarms.
Netdata is free, open-source software, designed to run on all physical systems, virtual machines, containers, and IoT/edge devices without disruption.
- Monitor event and performance metrics in real-time, at scale.
- Quick installation with immediate results—zero dedicated resources required.
- Auto-detects and monitors thousands of metrics from dozens of services and applications
- Open-source software that is entirely free for any user.
- High-resolution metrics, with per-second data collection.
- Monitoring for all possible sources, including thousands of metrics per node.
- Meaningful presentation, optimized for visual anomaly detection.
- Advanced alarm notification system for detecting performance and availability issues.
- A custom database engine that saves recent metrics to RAM and “spills” historical metrics to disk for long-term storage.
- No mobile app available.
- Limited resource documentation.
- Custom dashboards require writing some html.
Pricing: Free, and open-source tool.
#2) Sematext Cloud
Sematext Cloud is a unified performance monitoring and logging solution available in the cloud and on-premises. It provides full-stack visibility through a single pane of glass by bringing together application and infrastructure monitoring, log management, tracing, real user and synthetic monitoring.
Sematext enables users to easily diagnose and solve performance issues and spot trends and patterns to deliver a better user experience.
- Get a real-time dynamic view of how your app components interact with each other.
- Real-time alerting and correlation of logs, metrics, and events for faster troubleshooting.
- Code-level visibility using distributed transaction tracing to detect issues for slowness such as code errors, failed or slow queries, etc.
- Both out-of-the-box and customizable alerts and dashboards.
- Integrated Kibana in addition to the native Sematext UI.
- Flexible app-scoped pricing based on the plan, volume, and retention selection, giving you lots of control over costs.
- Built-in ChatOps integrations such as email, PagerDuty, Slack, OpsGenie, and many more.
- Quick to set up and start shipping logs with a number of out of the box log parsing rules.
- Multiple location options let you choose where your data is stored (e.g. US or EU).
- Excellent customer support by email, live chat & phone.
- Digesting logs, metrics, and events in one dashboard can be confusing, at the beginning.
- No mobile app.
Pricing: 14-day free trial available.
#3) AppDynamics APM
It is an Application Intelligence company that delivers corporate and operational understanding into application performance, user experience and business influence of the software applications.
It distributes real-time access to each characteristic of the business and effective performance so that they can antedate complications, solve them automatically and style smarted business conclusions. It was acquired by Cisco in 2017.
- Uses APM tools i.e. Application Performance Management.
- It helps in mapping application automatically.
- Helps in monitoring Business Transaction.
- It supports java, PHP, .NET and Node.js.
- Complete visibility into application performance.
- Monitor corporate transactions in real time.
- Establish proactive alerting to discover problems.
- Inject complications quicker than ever before
- Supports only limited language.
- It takes more time to set up.
- Training is required to understand the Dashboards.
Pricing: Free trial is available for 15 days.
Visit the website: AppDynamics APM
Site24x7 is a SaaS-based enterprise, that offers enhanced monitoring solutions for your IT infrastructure as well as your hybrid cloud environment, all on a single platform. They offer cloud support for Amazon Web Services, GCP and Azure.
With salient features like automation to trigger threshold, full visibility into your dynamic EC2 environment, operational insights for faster troubleshooting, and many more, Site24x7 helps you monitor the health of your applications using ML-powered insights.
- Outage and Anomaly reporting.
- Cloud cost management tool to optimize your AWS costs.
- Inventory dashboards with all active monitors in one place.
- 50+ plugins to aid the integration of data.
- Best practices for AWS monitoring.
- IT Automation to execute operational tasks across your resources automatically.
- Infrastructure dashboard with NOC view at each Amazon account level.
#5) CA UIM (Unified Infrastructure Management)
CA UIM delivers a single event management solution for IT Operation companies. The solution has recognized to be tremendously extendable over scripting, auto workers, and activators.
CA UIM is the first IT monitoring solution that delivers intelligent analytics, complete coverage and exposed extensible planning.
- Easy to use.
- Cost-saving and Quality enrichment.
- It brings a combined architecture for both traditional and cloud environments
- It proactively checks the performance and accessibility to confirm that the clients are active and in succession.
- The web interface introduced has a great method and purpose.
- The distribution of probes and configuration packages is exactly dragged and drop.
- Relatively easy to use and scalable.
- Needs enhancements in inventory management.
- Node management available is not effective.
- Needs more customization.
Pricing: A free trial is available.
Visit the website: CA UIM (Unified Infrastructure Management)
#6) Amazon CloudWatch
Amazon CloudWatch is a monitoring and management service made for developers, system operators, site reliability engineers, and IT managers.
It delivers with informative and actionable understandings to monitor the applications, know and answer to system-wide performance changes, improve resource usage, and become a united sight of operational healthiness.
- Will be able to get all the information from a single platform.
- Deepest and richest understandings for AWS Resources.
- Visibility crosswise Applications, Infrastructure, and services.
- Diminish Mean Time to Resolution and Progress Total Cost of Ownership.
- Pay for what you use.
- It can be used to set high-resolution alarms, visualize logs and metrics sideways.
- Improve applications by troubleshooting issues and automatic activities.
- Assembles data in the form of logs, metrics, and events.
- Assimilates with further AWS products.
- The customization of dashboards needs to be enhanced.
- The interface is chunky.
- Alerts and alarms are assembled manually.
- Transferring alarms and alerts information is not present.
Pricing: A free trial is available.
Visit the website: Amazon CloudWatch
#7) New Relic
New Relic, objects at the logically dealing complex and ever-changing cloud applications and infrastructure.
It can support you to know exactly how your cloud applications and cloud servers are running in real-time. It can also give you useful understandings of your stack, and let you segregate and resolve issues quickly, and permit you to measure your procedures with practice.
- Monitoring application in one place helps in viewing error rates, page load, slow transactions, and a list of running servers.
- Executing a SQL statement, New Relic monitors database performance.
- Set your own alerts and warnings when an error arises.
- Create customized Dashboards.
- It is flexible and can be quickly installed.
- The granularity of the information is excellent.
- Integrate with various tools and create own alert metrics.
- Metrics can be confusing, at the beginning.
- The mobile app should be in a more enhanced form.
Pricing: A Free trial is available.
Visit the website: New Relic
CloudMonix gives enhanced cloud monitoring and automation solution for Microsoft Azure Cloud.
CloudMonix’ s live monitoring dashboard permits Azure Cloud administrators in advance to understand the cloud resources, get informed with signals on cautions and exclusions and organize automated regaining and restoration activities.
- Pictures all the structures and resources in one place with live dashboards.
- Improved cloud costs.
- Automates problem resolution.
- It has white-label structures.
- Incorporation of ITSM tools.
- Monitors performance & accessibility.
- Get notified of production issues.
- Automated recovery procedures.
- Auto-scale resources in real time.
- For Enterprise customs with several Azure Subscriptions, they have to form various accounts.
- Some user interfaces are too practical to use.
Pricing: Free trial for 14 days is available.
Visit the website: CloudMonix
Slack brings an application integration related to IT, server, system and cloud monitoring, security, etc.
Slack’s API can produce applications with third-party vendors and integrate with Slack. Slack’s API ability defines message buttons, which can simply turn communications within a network.
- It distributes an API.
- With API, employers will be able to transcribe custom integration and respond automatically to posts.
- Real-time messaging and archiving settings.
- Team Partnership and communication channels like email, immediate messaging, Skype, file distribution, etc. into one interface.
- Integration with various platforms.
- Mobile app Works well for slack.
- Shared documents saved to the Slack cloud.
- It supports Mac also.
- No voice calls.
- Cannot change the channel if the invite is only to the public instead of the whole team.
- The calendar feature is not available.
- It uses a lot of system memory.
Pricing: Free of Cost, as well as the Paid feature, is available for standard business use.
Visit the website: Slack
PagerDuty is an excellent tool that conveys the proverb of “pager duty” to a contemporary phase.
This tool permits for robust increased customization, and warning selections such as SMS, electronic mail, push notices, API integration with further services like HipChat and Slack. Its customization or how alarms are activated and heightened make this a great tool for any, on-call set for the society to leverage.
- Incident management tool which helps for cloud monitoring systems and triggering alarms.
- Real-time association and combination with numerous tools.
- Helps in Incident grouping.
- Live-cell sending made easier through PagerDuty.
- Full-stack visibility.
- PagerDuty has modest incorporation for numerous other services that are used, with AWS and New Relic.
- It is easy to achieve on-call plans, alert plans, and contact info.
- Incorporation with Slack is very good.
- Industrialize event response.
- Would be easier to search for persons on-call.
- PagerDuty doesn’t have the capability to hold several settings across different teams.
- The choice to view the previous incidents should be available.
- More information on the mobile app, to view the complete agenda.
Pricing: Free trial is available.
Visit the website: PagerDuty
#11) Bitnami Stacksmith
Bitnami cloud tools support a group to accomplish and monitor AWS, Microsoft Azure and Google Cloud Platform.
Primarily they were directing on Amazon and Windows Cloud. It is an independent, easy custom delivery with a unique goal i.e. to make it modest to get in progress with the AWS services from the command line.
- Automatic server holdups.
- Easy Installations with one click.
- It helps to set up websites in minutes.
- Deployment of apps is easy.
- Gives the choice to install the scripts as per your requirements.
- Helps in installing several slacks on a single server.
- It helps the employers to provide a small free cloud server to test their services before going forward for any plans.
- Good interface.
- Easy and fast installation when compared to other tools.
- Pricing isn’t that cheap.
- Stack and related apps often become assorted and cause difficulties.
- Non-Root based installations.
- No real advancement route from one version to the next.
Pricing: Free trails are available.
Visit the Website: Bitnami
#12) Microsoft Cloud Monitoring (OMS)
It is also known as Operation Management Suite (OMS) by Microsoft. It supports to increase visibility and control across the hybrid cloud with easy operation management and safety.
It is a group of cloud-based services for handling the on-premises and cloud settings from one single place. Relatively than deploying and managing on-premises resources, OMS components are completely introduced in Azure.
OMS support administrators to accomplish their hybrid IT environments more proficiently by giving them better visibility into their functioning structure.
- It is beneficial for IT organizations in cloud solutions and composition.
- Benefits in speedily handling all the internal account managing responsibilities.
- More beneficial for Azure applications.
- Supports all the OS Platforms to run the tool.
- Alarms work well, and quickly posts are sent on mobile phones.
- Security reviewing dashboards is easy to deliver and practice.
- Supports in sensing where the Malware arises.
- Search Query is easy, and no different language is required.
- Learning required for beginners.
- More work is required on Security.
- Knowledge required for Log Analytics.
- It takes more time to load.
Pricing: 2 months free trial is available.
Visit the website: Microsoft Cloud Monitoring
Datadog helps in monitoring events and performance metrics for IT and DevOps Organizations.
Industries who worked on these can transcribe and track applications at scale and need to turn the huge quantities of data formed through the apps, tools, and services into an integrated understanding of an IT organization. Datadog effortlessly collects metrics and events across the complete DevOps load.
Datadog's abilities are provided on a SaaS-based data analytics stage that permits several teams to effort collaboratively on structural problems.
- Helps in Real-time customizable consoles.
- More than 120 key integrations.
- Slice & dice displays and signals by labels, characters, etc. are present.
- Complete API access is present in more than 15 languages.
- Data collection is great and gives real-time performance metrics.
- Supports all the technologies and supple.
- Easy to construct warnings.
- Flexible monitoring for the solutions.
- Oracle Incorporation is not existing.
- Pricing is a bit high.
- There is an issue in monitoring classification.
- Dashboard formation takes more time.
Pricing: 14 days of free trial is available.
Visit the website: Datadog
#14) VMware vRealize Hyperic:
VMware vRealize Hyperic is a module of VMware vRealize Procedures.
It manages OS, middleware, and applications running in physical, virtual and cloud environments. It monitors any application, wherever it is present in the enterprise.
VMware vRealize features include Infrastructure and OS Monitoring, Dashboards and Reporting, Middleware and Application Monitoring, Extensibility and Alerts metrics. Its free trial is available for the users.
Visit the website: VMware Hyperic
#15) BMC TrueSight Pulse:
TrueSight Pulse from BMC develops AIOps technology to manage and monitor the web application, confirming the first-rate understanding from the end-user.
BMC TrueSight assimilates with Amazon CloudWatch and Azure Monitoring for improved visualization of data and establishes other reports. It’s modest, single-line command-line installation makes it perfect for Azure and also AWS developers who need improved data conception, fast.
Its free trial is available for the users.
Visit the website: BMC TrueSight Pulse
#16) Retrace by Stackify:
Retrace by Stackify is a tremendous set of tool that benefits developers in advance and monitors the performance of their applications.
Retrace is a reasonable tool which can be used by all size of enterprises i.e. Small, Mid-size and large.
It associates all the tools at one place that include code-level performance reporting, problem tracking, central application monitoring, application metrics, server maintenance, and monitoring, etc. It is available for a free trial for 14 days.
Visit the website: Retrace by Stackify
Zabbix is an open-source software for monitoring systems and applications.
It is highly advisable to use due to its real scalability, high and vigorous performance, easy in use and very low price of tenure. It is based in the United States, Europe, and Japan.
It is an extremely automated metric group. It has a feature of Intellectual Warning and advances error recognition. The user can download Zabbix free as it is an open-source tool.
Visit the website: Zabbix
Dynatrace is an application monitoring tool that allows the analysis of performance issues and permits optimization throughout the load. Dynatrace automatically determines the complete application load from the customers' network to the application, structure, and cloud.
Dynatrace is existing as SaaS, Managed, or on-premises that effortlessly participate in the IT site, with open APIs. It examines operator performance to continue the effort on client understanding. It is available for a free trial of 15 days.
Visit the website: Dynatrace
In this article, we have discussed the Top Cloud Monitoring tools that are available in the market.
There are more cloud tools that are available in the market, but these above-discussed tools are the most popular ones and their features and pricing can be affordable as per the industry needs.
We have discussed all the Cloud Monitoring Software regarding their features, cost, Parent Company that helps the organization to compare and select the tools according to their requirements and budget.