List and Comparison of The Best Cybersecurity Software to Protect Your Business from Cyber Threats:
A CyberSecurity Software is a must for Cyber Security and Privacy of a business or individual. Cybersecurity is the method that is used to protect the network, system, or applications from the cyber-attacks. It is used to avoid unauthorized data access, cyber-attacks, and identity theft.
Application security, information security, network security, disaster recovery, operational security, etc. are the different parts of cybersecurity. It needs to be maintained for various types of cyber threats like Ransomware, Malware, Social Engineering, and Phishing.
The graph below shows the use of security metrics across companies.
What You Will Learn:
- Types of CyberSecurity Tools
- List of Best CyberSecurity Tools
- Comparison of Top CyberSecurity Software
- #1) SolarWinds Security Event Manager
- #2) Intruder
- #3) Syxsense
- #4) Acunetix
- #5) Netsparker
- #6) Vipre
- #7) LifeLock
- #8) Bitdefender Total Security
- #9) Malwarebytes
- #10) Mimecast
- #11) CIS
- #12) Snort
- #13) Wireshark
- #14) Webroot
- #15) GnuPG
- #16) Norton Security
- #17) BluVector
- #18) NMap
Types of CyberSecurity Tools
CyberSecurity Software can be categorized into different types as mentioned below:
- Network Security Monitoring tools
- Encryption Tools
- Web Vulnerability Scanning tools
- Network Defence Wireless Tools
- Packet Sniffers
- Antivirus Software
- PKI Services
- Managed Detection Services
- Penetration Testing
How Important Is Cybersecurity?
The importance of cybersecurity can be understood through the research performed by Mimecast. It says that there is a 26% rise in the ransomware, 88% of companies saw email-based spoofing, and 67% of the organizations have reported that there is an increase in impersonation fraud.
Making use of public Wi-Fi makes your device or data more vulnerable to the attacks. According to the research performed by Norton, 54% of internet users use public Wi-Fi and 73% of people knew that public Wi-Fi is not safe even if it is passwords protected. All these statistics prove that cybersecurity is the need of the hour.
While selecting a Cybersecurity tool, Cyber Resilience should be considered. Cyber Resilience means making every effort to stop the threat plus simultaneously working on minimizing the effect of a successful attack. With this feature, business and email communication can be continued without disruption.
List of Best CyberSecurity Tools
Enlisted below are the most popular Cyber Security tools that are used worldwide.
Comparison of Top CyberSecurity Software
|Our Ratings||Best For||Category||Features||Free Trial||Price|
|SolarWinds Security Event Manager||5 Stars||Small to large businesses.||Cloud-based tool for SIEM.||Threat Intelligence, SIEM Security & Monitoring, |
Log correlation & Analysis,
Network & Host Intrusion Detection, etc.
|Available for 14 days.||It starts at $4500.|
|Intruder||5 Stars||Small to large businesses.||Cloud-based Vulnerability Scanner||Over 9,000 security vulnerabilities,|
Checks for web application flaws,
Emerging threat notifications,
PCI ASV scans available.
|Available for 30 days.||Get a quote|
|Syxsense||5 Stars||Small to Large Businesses||Cybersecurity Software||Vulnerability Scanner, Patch Management, Device Quarantine, Threat Monitoring and Alerting, Live Device Location Maps, Device History, Drag and Drop Workflow Designer.||Full featured free trial for 100 devices for 14 days.||Starts at $960 per year for 10 devices.|
|Acunetix||5 Stars||Small businesses, enterprise customers, pentesters, and web professionals.||On-premise as well as cloud-based Web Application Security Scanner.||Dashboards, role-based access controls, multiple scan engines, etc.||Demo available.||Get a quote.|
|Netsparker||5 Stars||Small to large businesses.||Cloud-based and on-premise web application security for enterprise.||DAST+IAST approach, all integrations at no cost.||Demo available.||Get a quote.|
|Vipre||5 Stars||Comprehensive protection against evolving threats.||Cloud-based email & endpoint security solutions and anti-virus for home use.||Endpoint security, email security, network security, etc.||Available||Business protection price starts at $96/user/year.|
|LifeLock||5 Stars||Small to large business.||Identity Theft Protection||Block cyber threats, detect & alert, restore & reimburse.||Available for 30 days.||It starts at $7.99/month.|
|Bitdefender Total Security||5 Stars||Small to large businesses||Cybersecurity software||Multi-layer ransomware protection, Network threat protection, etc.||Available for 30 days||$24.99/year for 5 devices,
Bitdefender Total Security: $42.99
|Malwarebytes ||4.5 Stars||Small to large businesses & personal use.||Cybersecurity for home and business.||Multi-layered protection, |
Prevention of threats in real-time, etc.
|Available on request.||Personal: Starts at $399.99/year &
Business: Starts at $119.97/year.
|Mimecast||5 Stars||Small to large businesses.||Email Security & Compliance Platform.||Cyber Resilience for Email, |
Email Security Web Security,
Cyber Security Training, etc.
|No||Get a quote|
|CIS||5 Stars||Small to large businesses.||Cybersecurity tools||Securing Organization, Securing a specific platform, & Tracking specific threats.||No||Free as well as paid subscription tools.|
|Snort||5 Stars||Small & Medium-sized businesses.||Network intrusion prevention system.||Real-time packet analysis, |
|Wireshark||5 Stars||Commercial & non-profit enterprises, government agencies, & educational institutions.||Network protocol analyzer.||Decryption of various protocols, Output in XML, PostScript, |
CSV, or Plain Text, Inspection of hundreds of platforms, etc.
|Webroot||4.5 stars||Businesses and Home use.||Cybersecurity for endpoints, networks, PCs, & mobile devices.||Real-time protection,|
Multi-vector protection, Predictive threat intelligence.
|Available||Antivirus: $29.99/device/year. Internet Security Plus: $44.99 3 devices/year. Internet Security Complete: $59.99 5 device/year.|
#1) SolarWinds Security Event Manager
Best for small to large businesses.
Price: It provides a fully functional trial for 14 days. The price for the product starts at $4500.
SolarWinds Security Event Manager is a network and host intrusion detection system. It performs real-time monitoring, responding, and reporting of security threats. It has highly indexed log search capabilities. It is a cloud-based scalable solution.
- Threat intelligence will get continuously updated.
- It has features for Security Information and Event Manager.
- It offers features of Log correlation and Log event archive.
- It provides a comprehensive set of integrated reporting tools.
Verdict: Solarwinds Security Event Manager is a cloud-based solution developed for Managed Service Providers as an all-in-one solution of the SIEM tool.
Best for small to large businesses.
Price: A 30-day Free trial is available. It includes three pricing plans i.e. Essential, Pro and Verified. Contact them for more details about their pricing information.
Intruder is the most popular cloud-based network vulnerability scanner that helps you to find the cybersecurity weaknesses in your most exposed systems to avoid costly data breaches. It is the right solution for your cybersecurity issues. It helps to save your time to a great extent.
- Over 9,000 security vulnerabilities.
- Unlimited scans on demand.
- Unlimited user accounts.
- Checks for web application flaws such as SQL injection and Cross-site scripting.
- Emerging threat notifications.
- Smart Recon
- Network view
- PCI ASV scans available.
Verdict: Intruder is a one-stop solution for all your cybersecurity needs.
Best for Small to Large Businesses.
Price: Starts at $960 per year for 10 devices.
Syxsense Secure provides Security Scanning, Patch Management, and Remediation in one console from the cloud, allowing IT and Security teams to stop breaches with one endpoint security solution.
- Scan for Vulnerabilities: Prevent cyber-attacks with insights from our security scanner by scanning authorization issues, security implementation, and antivirus status.
- Patch Everything: With support for all major operating systems, automatically deploy OS and third-party patches as well as Windows 10 Feature Updates.
- Quarantine Devices: Block communication from an infected device to the internet, isolate the endpoint, and kill malicious processes before they spread.
Verdict: For the first time, IT and security teams can automatically collaborate in a single console to know and close attack vectors.
Acunetix is best for small businesses, enterprise customers, pentesters, and web professionals.
Acunetix Pricing: Acunetix offers the solution with three pricing plans, Standard, Premium, and Acunetix 360. You can get a quote for pricing details. A demo is also available on request.
Acunetix is the solution to secure your websites, web applications, and APIs. This application security testing solution can find over 7K vulnerabilities and scan all pages, web apps, and complex web applications.
It has built-in vulnerability management functionality. On-premise and on-demand deployment options are available with Acunetix.
- Acunetix makes use of advanced macro recording technology that will be helpful for scanning complex multi-level forms and password-protected areas of the site.
- It performs the assessment for the severity of the issue and provides actionable insights immediately.
- It provides the functionalities for scheduling & prioritizing the full scans/incremental scans.
Verdict: Acunetix is an intuitive and easy-to-use solution. It performs lightning-fast scanning. Acunetix can get seamlessly integrated into your current systems.
Netsparker is best for small to large businesses.
Netsparker Pricing: You can get a quote for pricing details. It offers the solution with three pricing plans, Standard, Team, and Enterprise.
Netsparker is an application security testing solution for enterprises. It offers the features and functionalities for automating the security testing throughout the SDLC. Netsparker has capabilities of automation, visibility, accuracy, scalability, and security.
- Netsparker assists developers with writing the more secure code in the current environment.
- It performs comprehensive scanning and can detect vulnerabilities quickly.
- It has features of combined signature and behavior-based testing.
- It follows a unique dynamic and interactive scanning approach that can find more true vulnerabilities.
Verdict: Netsparker web application security solution provides the complete picture of your application security. It provides onboarding assistance and training. Its unique DAST + IAST approach will give you increased visibility deeper scans.
Best for comprehensive protection against evolving threats.
Vipre Pricing: Vipre business protection is available in three pricing plans i.e. Core Defense ($96 per user per year), Edge Defense ($96 per user per year), and Complete Defense ($144 per user per year). Its home protection price starts at $14.99 for the first year.
Vipre offers cybersecurity solutions for personal as well as professional use. It protects against computer viruses, ransomware, and identity theft.
For business protection, it can provide comprehensive email & end-point security & privacy, and real-time threat intelligence. This provides layered protection to your business and partners. It supports Windows and Mac platforms.
- Vipre provides simplified solutions to protect your business from online threats and data risks.
- It has all-inclusive packages and scalable pricing.
- It provides unparalleled protection with the help of AI technology.
- Vipre offers a fully integrated solution that is easy to deploy and manage.
- It can also provide Email encryption capabilities.
Verdict: Vipre is easy to install and use. It has solutions for home protection, endpoint security, and email security. It can provide all-in-one cybersecurity protection with DLP and business VPN. It can also provide security awareness training.
Best for small to large businesses.
LifeLock Pricing: LifeLock solution is available with four pricing plans, Standard ($7.99 per month for 1st year), Select ($7.99 per month for 1st year), Advantage ($14.99 per month for 1st year), and Ultimate Plus ($20.99 per month for 1st year).
All these prices are for annual billing. Monthly billing plans are also available. You can try the product for 30 days for free.
LifeLock is a tool to monitor for identity theft and threats. Norton 360 with LifeLock provides all-in-one protection to your identity, devices, and online privacy. It is the platform that can block cyber threats, detect & alert, and restore & reimburse.
The solution will resolve ID theft issues with identity restoration agents. It will reimburse the funds that are stolen because of Id theft up to the limit of your plan.
- LifeLock can provide features of dark web monitoring, id verification monitoring, and fictitious identity monitoring.
- For device security, LifeLock provides features like cloud backup for Windows PCs, virus protection, parental control, ad-tracker blocker, etc.
- It can alert you of the crimes committed in your name.
- It has a privacy monitor.
Verdict: Norton antivirus software is included with the solution. It will block your information on public Wi-Fi through a secure VPN. It will monitor for threats to your identity. It provides alerts through phone, text, email, or mobile app. It provides 24*7 live member support.
#8) Bitdefender Total Security
Best for small to large businesses.
Price: Bitdefender Total Security is available for $42.99. Download it for 1 year for 5 devices for $24.99. A free trial of 30 days is available for Bitdefender Total Security.
To provide online privacy and personal information, Bitdefender Total Security provides the features of file shredder, social network protection, privacy firewall, vulnerability assessment, safe online banking, etc. It provides 24*7 comprehensive support. It has features for Anti-Phishing and Anti-Theft.
- Bitdefender Total Security provides multi-layer ransomware protection along with ransomware remediation.
- It offers Network Threat Protection.
- It has features for complete real-time data protection and advanced threat defense.
- It has functionalities for Web Attack Prevention, Anti-Fraud, and Rescue Mode.
Verdict: Bitdefender is an anti-malware software. It supports Windows, Mac, Android, and iOS devices. It provides cybersecurity solutions for Home, businesses, Providers, and partners.
Best for small to large businesses and personal use.
Malwarebytes Pricing: It offers three pricing plans For Teams ($119.97 per year, 3 endpoints), Endpoint Protection ($699.90 per year, 10 endpoints), and Endpoint Detection and Response (Get a quote).
You can increase the number of devices as per your requirements. Home solutions start at $39.99 per year. A free trial is available on request.
Malwarebytes offers cybersecurity solutions for homes as well as businesses. It can protect against malware, ransomware, malicious websites, etc. It can also protect against advanced online threats that are not detected by the antivirus. It supports Windows, Mac, and Android, iOS, Chromebook devices.
For businesses, it offers various products and services like Endpoint security, incident response, etc. These solutions are available for Education, Finance, and Healthcare industries.
- Malwarebytes makes use of anomaly detection, behavior matching, and application hardening to protect from malware.
- It can clean up the infected devices.
- Malwarebytes will shut down the attack vectors from every angle regardless of the device you are using, Windows, Mac, or Android.
- It can provide multi-layered protection with endpoint detection and response for Windows.
- It can prevent threats in real-time.
Verdict: Malwarebytes provides the cybersecurity solution for home and businesses. It can prevent threats in real-time and defend against harmful sites.
Businesses can get the solution as per the requirements such as remotely managing endpoints, endpoint protection-detection & response services, protection for a specific number of devices, etc.
Best for small to large businesses.
Price: You can get a quote for the pricing details. As per the reviews, the price for email security and threat protection starts at $3.50 per user per month (for 50 users).
Mimecast is a cloud-based platform that provides you email security and cyber resilience. It provides multiple products and services like Email security with threat protection, Information protection, Web security, Cloud Archiving, etc.
- Email Security with threat protection protects from spear-phishing, ransomware, impersonation and some other types of targeted attacks.
- It has features for automated Content Control and data loss prevention.
- It provides web security by blocking inappropriate business websites and protecting against user-initiated malicious web activity & malware.
- It provides a Cloud Archiving facility to securely archive emails, files, and other data.
Verdict: Mimecast is good for Spam detection & blocking features and provides good email security & URL security.
Best for small to large businesses.
Price: CIS CSAT, CIS RAM, CIS-CAT Lite, CIS Controls, and CIS Benchmarks are available for free to everyone. CIS SecureSuite is available on a paid subscription. CIS Hardened Images and CIS Services are available for Pay peruse.
CIS stands for the Center for Internet Security. It provides various cybersecurity tools, services, and memberships. For commercial use, it provides CIS SecureSuite. CIS Security suite will include CIS controls and CIS Benchmarks.
- For securing your organization, it offers a variety of products like CIS Controls, CIS-CAT Lite, CIS RAM, CIS CSAT, etc.
- CIS-CAT Lite performs an automated assessment.
- It provides 24*7 Security Operations Center and Incident Response Services.
- It provides tools like CIS-CAT Lite, CIS-CAT Pro, CIS Workbench, CIS RAM, and CIS CSAT.
Verdict: CIS has plans for securing your organization, specific platforms, and specific threats. It provides membership to product vendors, IT consultants & Hosting, Cloud, and Managed Service Providers.
Recommended Read => Top Penetration Testing Tools
Best for small and medium-sized businesses.
Snort is an open-source platform. It is an application for network intrusion prevention. It supports FreeBSD, Fedora, Centos, and Windows platform. It can perform the task of watching network packets and streaming data to your screen.
- Real-time packet analysis.
- Packet logging.
- It is an Open-source platform.
Verdict: Snort will act as the second level of defense as it sits behind the firewall. It can also compare the traffic against the set of rules.
Best for commercial and non-profit enterprises, government agencies, and educational institutions.
Wireshark network protocols analyzer supports Windows, Mac, Linux, FreeBSD, Solaris, NetBSD, etc. It has a standard three-pane packet browser. It can perform live capture and offline analysis.
- Wireshark performs deep inspection of hundreds of platforms.
- It provides powerful display filters.
- It can decompress the files that are captured with gzip.
- It supports various protocols for decryption.
Verdict: Wireshark will provide you detailed information about what is happening on your network. It provides decryption support for many protocols. Wireshark will allow you to export the output in XML, PostScript, CSV, or Plain Text.
Best for small to large businesses as well as individuals.
Price: Webroot Antivirus (for PC and Mac) is available for $29.99 per device per year. Internet Security Plus which is for PC, Mac, smartphones, and tablets are available for $44.99 for 3 devices per year. Internet Security Complete comes with 25 GB of storage. It will cost you $59.99 for 5 devices per year.
Webroot is a cloud-based platform. It can protect PCs, Mac computers, and mobile devices. It provides a solution for home use, home offices, businesses, and partners. It supports Windows, Mac, Android, and iOS platforms.
- Real-time protection against threat.
- Endpoints and networks will be protected with multi-vector protection.
- It provides cloud-based threat intelligence services.
- It offers predictive threat intelligence.
Verdict: For businesses, Webroot provides DNS protection, Endpoint Protection, and threat intelligence. It also provides security awareness training to businesses. As per the customer reviews, it sometimes slows down other web applications but provides good protection to the network.
Suggested Read => Best Vulnerability Assessment Tools
Best for small to large businesses.
GnuPG is a tool for encryption and signing of data and communications. It supports Windows, Mac, and Linux platforms.
- Versatile key management system.
- It has access modules for all types of public key directories.
- It can be easily integrated with other systems.
- S/MIME and Secure Shell are supported by GnuPG.
Verdict: GnuPG is a free tool for encryption of data with a lot of features like key management and access to public key directories. It has good customer reviews for data encryption.
#16) Norton Security
Price: Norton provides a 30-day free trial for Antivirus. Antivirus price starts at $5.99 per month. Norton 360 with LifeLock price starts at $9.99 for the first 3 months.
Norton provides an all-in-one solution through Norton 360 with LifeLock. The company offers cybersecurity software solutions such as Antivirus, Virus Removal, Malware Protection, Cloud Backup, Password Manager, and Secure VPN.
- Norton Antivirus can protect against ransomware, viruses, spyware, malware, and other online threats.
- It provides five-layer protection for recognizing and blocking threats.
- It offers cloud backup services that can store and protect files and documents.
- Norton Password Manager is a simple, secure, and smart solution for managing passwords.
- It provides a secure Norton VPN.
Verdict: Norton security Solution is for computers, smartphones, and tablets. It has a variety of solutions like Antivirus, Password Manager, and VPN.
Website: Norton Security
Best for medium to large organizations.
Price: You can get a quote for its pricing details.
BluVector provides real-time advanced threat detection. This Network Intrusion Detection System is based on Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, and speculative code execution.
- BluVector Cortex can respond to file-less and file-based malware.
- Threats like Zero-day malware and ransomware can also be detected, analyzed, and contained in real-time.
- BluVector Cortex is composed of three components i.e. AI-based Detection Engines, Intelligent Decision Support, and Connectors Framework.
Verdict: BluVector Cortex is an AI-driven security platform. It has flexible deployment options. It provides 100% network coverage and can be used by any sized organization.
Best for scanning large networks as well as single hosts.
Price: Free and open source.
NMap is a port scanning tool. It is used for network discovery and security auditing. It can be used for Network Inventory and managing service upgrade schedules. It will also help you with monitoring host or service uptime.
- It has a command-line interface as well as GUI.
- It supports cross-platform.
- It can scan huge networks.
- It provides support to various advanced techniques.
Verdict: Nmap is a powerful, flexible, easy, and free tool with support for various port scanning mechanisms. Nmap suite includes a variety of tools like Zenmap, Ncat, Ndiff, and Nping.
#19) Sparta Antivirus
Best For Removing Malware and Fixing your PC or Mac with One Click.
Sparta Antivirus provides a full range of security for your total protection. The system is designed with the latest technology of AI that will keep your environment clean from all possible threats.
Keep all your online data safe from malware, viruses, trojans, phishy websites, and more. Ultimate protection for you and your loved ones.
- Prevent malware attacks
- Optimize your system for peak results.
- Detect and block all cyber threats.
- Generate reports
Cons: Available in English language only.
We have reviewed the top Cybersecurity software tools and saw the importance of cybersecurity. Gnu Privacy Guard, Wireshark, Snort are free cybersecurity tools. CIS offers some products and services for free. Mimecast provides Email security with good spam detection and blocking capabilities. Snort is a completely free platform for real-time packet analysis.
Suggested reading =>> Top 10 Folder Lock Software
Webroot provides security solutions for businesses as well as individuals. For businesses, it provides multiple solutions like DNS protection and Endpoint Protection.
SolarWinds Threat Monitor is a cloud-based solution that enables Managed Service Providers to offer an all-in-one solution. Norton provides a variety of solutions for cybersecurity like VPN, Antivirus, Password Manager, etc.
Hope this article would provide the necessary guidance to select the right CyberSecurity Software for your business or personal use.
Further reading =>> Popular Antivirus Software for Mac