Introduction to Cloud Computing Services:
Earlier we used to store our data in hard drives on a computer. Cloud Computing services have replaced such hard drive technology. Cloud Computing service is nothing but providing services like Storage, Databases, Servers, networking and the software through the Internet.
Few Companies offer such computing services, hence named as “Cloud Computing Providers/ Companies”. They charge its users for utilizing such services and the charges are based on their usage of services.
In our daily routine, we use this cloud service without our notice like web-based email service, watching movies through the internet, editing documents and storing picture uses cloud computing on the back-end.
Using such cloud technology we can design and create new applications, store and recover data and hosting the website.
Generally, cloud computing services are categorized into three types.
1) Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS): This service provides the infrastructure like Servers, Operating Systems, Virtual Machines, Networks, and Storage on rent basis.
Eg: Amazon Web Service, Microsoft Azure
2) Platform as a Service (PaaS): This service is used in developing, testing and maintaining of software. PaaS is same as IaaS but also provides additional tools like DBMS and BI service.
Eg: Apprenda, Red Hat OpenShift
3) Software as a Service (SaaS): This service makes the users connect to the applications through the Internet on a subscription basis.
Eg: Google Applications, Salesforce
=> Let us know if we are missing any company in this list.
What You Will Learn:
- Below mentioned are the top Cloud Computing Companies
- Recommended Reading
Below mentioned are the top Cloud Computing Companies
- Amazon Web Services
- Microsoft Azure
- Google Cloud Platform
- IBM Cloud
- Red Hat
- Oracle Cloud
- Verizon Cloud
Here we go with a brief review of each company on the list:
Kamatera provides very low-maintenance and high-performance cloud infrastructure services. The cost is also very low for its cloud services (yes, you can set a server as low as $4).
- Customized and Tailored Made VPS Hosting. They charge only according to what you use. E.g when you add 1 GB RAM you will pay for this only and no need to add extra server resources unnecessary.
- Add or remove servers without any penalty
- 99.95% Uptime Guaranteed
- Try 100% free for the 30-days. No hidden fees or any commitment Access all cloud Management Platform features in the trial period as well.
- 24/7/365 Tech Human Support
- 14 Global Data Centers across 4 continents
phoenixNAP Core Features:
- phoenixNAP is a global IT services provider offering secure and scalable Infrastructure-as-a-Service solutions, including private, public, and managed cloud services.
- phoenixNAP’s Data Security Cloud, Virtual Private Data Center, Managed Private Cloud, and Public Cloud use cutting-edge hardware and software technologies to support evolving business needs.
- In addition to the high-performance cloud platform, phoenixNAP also offers advanced backup, disaster recovery, and availability solutions.
- Delivered on an opex-friendly model, phoenixNAP’s services provide access to enterprise-grade technology at an affordable price.
- phoenixNAP’s cloud computing solutions can help you meet compliance, security, and business continuity goals.
#3) Amazon Web Service (AWS)
- AWS is the safest and protected platform of cloud service which offers a wide set of infrastructure services like database storage, computing power, networking.
- Using this AWS one can host the static websites.
- By using such services, users are able to build complicated applications that are trustworthy, scalable and flexible.
- One can have the hands-on experience of AWS for free.
=> Explore the site for more features on Amazon Web Services.
#4) Microsoft Azure
- Microsoft Azure is used for deploying, designing and managing the applications through a worldwide network.
- Previously Microsoft Azure was known as Windows Azure.
- This Cloud computing service supports various operating systems, databases, tools, programming languages and frameworks.
- A free trial version of Microsoft Azure is available for 30 days.
=> You can visit this website for further information.
#5) Google Cloud Platform
- Google Cloud Platform uses resources such as computers, virtual machines, hard disks, etc. located at Google data centers.
- Google Cloud Platform is integrated storage used by developers and enterprises for live data.
- Apart from the free trial, this service is available at various flexible payment plans based on Pay-As-You-Go (PAYG).
=> Visit Google Cloud Platform for more details.
- Adobe offers many products that provide cloud services. Few among them are Adobe Creative Cloud, Adobe Experience Cloud, and Adobe Document Cloud.
- Adobe Creative Cloud service is a SaaS, that offers its users to access the tools offered by Adobe like editing the videos, photography, graphic designing.
- Adobe Experience Cloud offers its users to access a broad set of solutions for advertising, building campaigns and gaining intelligence on business.
- Adobe Document Cloud is a complete solution for digital documentation.
=> For more information on this service, visit Adobe website.
- VMware is a universal leader in virtualization and Cloud Infrastructure.
- VMware’s cloud computing is exclusive and helps in reducing the IT intricacy, lower the expenses, provides flexible agile services.
- VMware vCloud Air is a safe and protected public cloud platform that offers networking, storage, disaster recovery, and computing.
- VMware’s Cloud solutions facilitate to maximize your organization’s profits of cloud computing by combining the services, technologies, guidance needed to operate and manage the staff.
Visit this website for further details on VMware Cloud service.
#8) IBM Cloud
- IBM Cloud offers Iaas, PaaS, and SaaS through all the available cloud delivery models.
- Using IBM Cloud one can have the freedom to select and unite your desired tools, data models and delivery models in designing/creating your next-generation services or applications.
- IBM Cloud is used to build pioneering way outs that can gain value for your businesses and industry.
- With IBM Bluemix Cloud platform one can incorporate highly performing cloud communications and services into your IT environment.
For more information on IBM, access IBM Cloud.
- Rackspace Cloud offers a set of cloud computing services like hosting web applications, Cloud Files, Cloud Block Storage, Cloud Backup, Databases and Cloud Servers.
- Rackspace Cloud Block Storage uses a combination of solid-state drives and hard drives to deliver high performance.
- Rackspace Cloud Backup uses compression and encryption techniques and provides file-level backups with low cost.
- Customers using Rackspace Cloud services are charged based on their usage.
For more details visit Rackspace Cloud.
#10) Red Hat
- Red Hat is an Open Cloud technology used by IT organizations to deliver agile and flexible solutions.
- Using Red Hat Cloud we can modernize the apps, update and manage them from a single place and integrate all the desired parts into a single solution.
- Red Hat Cloud Infrastructure helps us to build and manage an open cum private cloud at a low cost.
- Red Hat Open Shift is an open and hybrid service used by developers to develop, deploy, host and delivers the applications quickly.
You can visit the Red Hat website and browse for more information regarding cloud computing.
- Salesforce Cloud Computing offers all the applications required by businesses like CRM, ERP, customer service, sales, mobile applications, and marketing.
- Salesforce cloud computing comprises multiple cloud services like Sales Cloud, Service Cloud, Marketing Cloud.
- Salesforce Sales Cloud helps in managing the customer’s contact information and automating the business processes.
- Salesforce Service Cloud helps to support customers anywhere at any time.
To learn more about Salesforce, you can visit here.
#12) Oracle Cloud
- Oracle Cloud is available as SaaS, PaaS, and IaaS. Oracle Cloud helps the companies in transforming their business quickness and reducing the IT Complexity.
- Oracle Cloud SaaS provides a complete data-driven and secure cloud environment.
- Oracle Cloud PaaS helps IT Enterprises and Independent developers to develop, connect, secure and share data across the applications.
- Oracle Cloud IaaS is a broad set of subscription-based and integrated services that help to run any kind of workload of an Enterprise.
Visit the website for a free trial version and further details on Oracle Cloud.
- SAP Cloud Platform is an enterprise service with wide-ranging services required for application development.
- SAP is considered as the best cloud provider as it has powerful business networks, cloud collaboration, and advanced IT security.
- SAP has a universal foundation named SAP HANA for all its cloud services.
- SAP Cloud Platform is modernizing the working style of enterprises on the iPhone and iPad.
For further queries or information regarding pricing visit SAP Cloud.
#14) Verizon Cloud
- Verizon Cloud is built to maintain enterprise workloads with strong security and trustworthy performance.
- With Verizon Cloud, we can choose the flexible services required for our enterprise and secure our data in a personalized environment.
- Using Verizon Cloud, one can trim down the risk and retain the data integrity across the apps.
- Verizon Cloud helps to familiarize you to the varying business circumstances by gaining speed and reliability.
Visit the Verizon Cloud website for more details.
- Navisite provides cloud services for enterprises and mid-sized businesses using sophisticated IT technologies.
- Navisite offers a wide range of cloud service solutions like Cloud Infrastructure services, Cloud desktop solutions, and Cloud hosting services and application services.
- Navisite Cloud solutions facilitate its users in improving disaster recovery, and reliability.
A free trial version of Navisite desktop service is available here.
- Dropbox is a refined cloud storage service used by small businesses and customers to store files or documents virtually on remote cloud servers.
- Generally, Dropbox serves as an online or cloud personal hard drive.
- Dropbox allows its users to access any saved data or content from any device through an internet connection.
- Dropbox is available as a desktop app, where users can download it and save the files directly in the Dropbox folder located on your desktop.
30 days free trial version of Dropbox can be accessed here.
- Egnyte provides a hybrid cloud way out that combines the cloud storage along with local storage of the accessible infrastructure.
- Using Egnyte one can upload the file of any size and any type.
- One can customize their unique Egnyte domain to replicate their brand by implementing their personal logo on the interface and note headers of Egnyte.
- Egnyte’s Cloud service provides an automatic syncing feature which guarantees that one can access the inaccessible data from any internet connection.
For additional information visit Egnyte.
This article provides you a list of best cloud computing service providers using which one can avail various cloud services like file sharing, automatic backup of files, file locking, and notifications to users regarding any updates.
Depending upon their specifications few of the cloud service providers limit their services to small businesses, consumers, and mid-sized businesses.
=> Let us know if we are missing any company in this list.