Comparison of The Best MailChimp Alternatives and Competitors: Check Best Email Marketing Services Which Are Best Alternative to MailChimp Email Service.
According to Datanyze, MailChimp has the highest market capture of 60% in Email marketing services around the world. It has an interactive and easy to use interface with drag-drop functionality and free services for small businesses and campaigns.
MailChimp is a great tool for newbies who are just getting started with email marketing and ease to use the product for small scale businesses.
Moreover, the tool has a long established name in the email market industry. There are several features available with different pricing plans that are very affordable.
What You Will Learn:
Not limited to this, Ben and Dan (founder of MailChimp) believe more in focusing on small scale businesses, users, and clients to provide them with affordable services for email marketing. Small scale businesses that lacked the premium tools and high-end services were now able to use MailChimp technology to empower their business and grow better.
It’s really easy to get started, with the MailChimp dashboard. The dashboard is very interactive, easy to use, and it comes with a lot of fine features to power up your work. Moreover, it lets you create and simplify your email marketing work with a user-friendly interface.
One app for all Solutions:
With MailChimp, you’ve got a lot to do with your products and services.
MailChimp has become a one-stop solution for various marketing activities like campaigning, targeting audiences, and generating insights. It is now an official platform for “All-In-One Marketing” app which lets small businesses and users to market smarter and grow faster.
Email Designs and Templates:
MailChimp comes with a wide variety of pre-designed campaign templates. All that you have to do is select a template as per your choice, give it a name, customize it if you want to change its appearance and get started. Moreover, you can also drag-drop files and resize pictures with the help of its inbuilt tools.
With MailChimp, you can easily identify your customers shopping or purchasing patterns which in turn will make it easier for you to target your audience. Analyzing customer’s likes and dislikes will definitely increase your sales and performance. In addition, you can also make your customers revisit the store on new products arrival, clearance sale, end of season sale, etc.
Advanced Automation and Segmentation:
MailChimp pro allows business owners to make more complex and deeper segments for their subscribers. With advanced automation, you can create segments according to the customer’s purchase history, browsing movements and much more. This will help you to communicate with your target customers more precisely.
Social Media Sharing:
You can easily connect and manage your social media accounts like Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter, etc. with the MailChimp tools. Share your campaigns on these leading social media websites to drive more traffic to your platform.
Analytics and Insights:
MailChimp provides business owners with comparative data reports and insights to improve and generate more conversions. You can also run A/B testing and multivariate testing to analyze your product potential.
Suggested Read => Top 10 Email Testing Tools
MailChimp Pricing Plans:
MailChimp offers different flexible plans according to your business needs. Like free plan for businesses that are just getting started.
Its paid plans are:
- MailChimp Essentials for all the basic needs of a business (starting at $9.99).
- Standard version for growing business with more requirements (starting at $14.99).
- The premium for advanced features and high-end work (starting at $9.99).
|Basis||Free||Essentials (From starting plan)||Standard (From starting plan)||Premium (From starting plan)|
|Email sends per month||10000||10 x audience size tier||12 x audience size tier||15 x audience size tier|
List of the Top MailChimp Alternatives
Enlisted below are the most popular MailChimp Competitors that are available in the market.
Comparison of Services Like MailChimp
|Alternatives||Suitable For||USP||Free Plan||Starting Price||Channels|
|MailerLite||Mid-level marketers||Bulk email marketing||For 1,000 subscribers||$10||Only emails|
|Constant Contact||Newbies||Advanced email builder||Only Free trial for 30 days||$20||Only emails|
|GetResponse||Mid-level marketers||Inbuilt multiple languages||Only Free trial for 30 days||$15||Emails and webinars|
|AWeber||Newbies||Pre designed stock images||Only Free trial for 30 days||$19||Only emails|
|ConverKit||Digital marketers||Highly flexible||Only Free trial for 14 days||$29||Emails and SMS|
|Mailgun||Advance web Developers||Cloud based||For 100 subscribers||$79||Only emails|
|SendInBlue||Mid-level marketers||Visual Automation||For unlimited subscribers||$25||Only emails|
|ActiveCampaign||Pro marketers||Sequence and complex automation||No free plan||$15||Only emails|
MailerLite can be considered as one of the strongest alternatives to MailChimp for its pricing range. The company provides high-end features and advanced tools in a very affordable price range.
Moreover, MailerLite has also claimed that they only deal with bulk email marketing for businesses. Hence, that’s the reason as to why their prices are cheap and affordable. It also offers forever free plan for those who are just getting started.
- Create campaigns with advanced tools like Drag-drop, rich text, and custom HTML editor.
- Built-in tools like file manager, pre-design newsletter templates, e-commerce, and mobile-friendly campaigns.
- Easily track results with the help of maps, location, reports, and insights.
- Grow more subscribers with effective landing pages, signup forms, and newsletters.
- Personalize your dashboard appearance and create segmentation as per your need.
The free plan includes 1,000 subscribers with 12,000 emails per month and limited features. Even its paid plans are very cheap and affordable i.e. starting at just $10 per month. Mailerlite has paid plans according to the number of subscribers.
|Basis||Free plan||Plan 1 ($10)||Plan 2 ($15)||Plan 3 ($30)||Plan 4 ($50)|
|Email sends per month||12000||Unlimited||Unlimited||Unlimited||Unlimited|
|Features||Limited||All features||All features||All features||All features|
It also offers some add-ons like Premium Support ($100 per month), Custom Design Template ($100 per month), and Dedicated IP ($50 per month).
Official Website: MailerLite
#2) Constant Contact
Constant Contact cannot be considered as an absolute product in the list but still, it can be the best alternative to MailChimp for newbies who are just getting started with email marketing. Its features are very limited and they do not get integrated with e-commerce platforms but they offer basic features and some great tools for campaign management.
The best thing about Constant Contact is that they focus more on promoting and supporting small scale businesses as well as not for profit organizations.
- Easy to use with drag-drop functionality to design custom, professional, and mobile-friendly templates.
- Limited automation but helpful in engaging customers, maintaining strong customer relations and driving more sales.
- Manages your contacts list by uploading them online and Constant Contact will manage and outlook your bounces, inactive emails, and unsubscribes.
- Track your results and reports in real time interactions to make changes in no time.
- A/B testing and live support are also available.
Another best thing about Constant Contact is that when you sign up for any of the paid plans, they will provide you with a free service for the first month.
There are three plans offered by Constant Contact:
- Email (starting at $20 per month)
- Email Plus (starting at $45 per month)
- Lite (just $5 per month)
|Basis||Email (starting price)||Email Plus (starting price)||Lite (starting price)|
|Email sends per month||Unlimited||Unlimited||10,000 per month|
|Storage||1 GB||2 GB||500 MB|
Official Website: Constant Contact
GetResponse is another all in one marketing platform for the growth and development of business. It beats MailChimp in email marketing solutions as its automation are powerful enough.
In addition, it allows you to run A/B testing, creates custom landing pages, and high integration with an e-commerce store. Also, if you’re working internationally, you will definitely appreciate the multiple languages available in the tool.
- Design professional and responsive emails campaigns to drive more sales and traffic to your store.
- Powerful automation for high scalability of customer journeys to identify their website movements and purchase patterns.
- Crete custom design landing pages to attract more customers which in turn leads to conversion.
- It also lets you create webinars to collect, nurture, sell, and repeat for generating more and more leads.
- It is easy to use with drag-drop functionality and interactive interface.
- Manage your account and work from anywhere you want with its high-end integration services.
GetRespone offers four different types of pricing plans. In addition, the best thing that you can get is its free trial for 30 days. It also allows you to select a plan according to your size and need.
|Basis||Basic ($15 per month)||Essential ($49 per month)||Professional ($99 per month)||Enterprise ($1,199 per month)|
|Email sends per month||Unlimited||Unlimited||Unlimited||Customized|
|Free Trial||30 days||30 days||30 days||No free trial|
Official Website: GetResponse
Like Constant Contact, AWeber is also the best alternative to MailChimp if you are running a small or medium-sized business. The unique part about AWeber is that it provides ready to use stock photos.
AWeber is a great tool for creating brand awareness, engaging customers, and customizing email marketing campaigns. Although they provide a free trial for 30 days which includes unlimited sending of campaigns, it becomes expensive as the list increases.
- Automated email newsletters, HTML templates, drag-drop editor for ease of use.
- Collect subscribers using sign up forms, integrations, API’s, by importing a list, etc.
- Analyze, update, and improve your emails using split testing, email delivery rate, and email tracking.
- Manage your subscribers by creating segments and targeting your audience.
- AWeber mobile app is also available to manage your account whenever you need.
- High customer support services.
AWeber has categorized its pricing plans according to the number of subscribers. It mainly offers five different pricing plans starting from $19 per month and if your need is much higher than that then custom plans are also available.
|Basis||Plan 1 ($19 per month)||Plan 2 ($29 per month)||Plan 3 ($49 per month)||Plan 4 ($69 per month)||Plan 5 ($149 per month)||Custom plan (for 25000+ subscribers)|
|Email sends per month||Unlimited||Unlimited||Unlimited||Unlimited||Unlimited||Unlimited|
Official Website: AWeber
Launched in 2013, ConverKit was designed by keeping Digital Marketers in mind. When we compare both MailChimp and ConverKit, it looks that MailChimp is a bit more matured and developed software. Still, it stands apart as one of the best alternatives because of its easy and smart automation.
Using ConvertKit is much easier and simple than the other tools. Moreover, managing campaigns and contact lists are highly flexible and this, in turn, will help you to target your audience quickly and easily.
- Specially built for creators, digital marketers, and designers who love doing online business.
- Helps to grow your audience with the help of customizable forms, keeping track of records, and powerful automation.
- Helps you to organize and understand your customer’s need and accordingly target your customers.
- Simple but powerful automation in email marketing campaigns helps you to generate more leads.
- Reliable support, text-based emails, slack community, etc. helps you in many ways to grow your online business.
The best thing about ConvertKit is that its pricing is set according to the number of subscribers, which means you can easily select your plan accordingly. The starting plan is set from $29 per month and they also provide a 14-day free trial.
|Basis||Plan 1 ($29 per month)||Plan 2 ($49 per month)||Plan 3 ($79 per month)||Plan 4 (for bigger lists)|
|Email sends per month||Unlimited||Unlimited||Unlimited||Unlimited|
|Free trial||14 days||14 days||14 days||Demo request|
Official Website: ConvertKit
Unlike the other email marketing tools, Mailgun has a different purpose of email marketing than the others. It was specially designed for web developers as an email automation service for sending, receiving, and tracking emails.
It is a cloud-based email service that is built for developers and it supports popular programming languages like Curl, Ruby, Python, PHP, C#, and Java. With Mailgun, the complexity of the code is reduced for developers too.
- They claim that they have a track record of high uptime speed with 99.9% reliability for developers.
- With Mailgun, you can easily integrate emails into your mobile app for personalization and scheduled delivery.
- Easily process your incoming and outgoing emails on a large scale with free spam filtering and auto encoding of messages.
- Easily track if messages are delivered or not, analyze engagements and trends, track performance of different emails, and find the best time to send emails.
- Real-time validation of emails helps in integration with mobile apps.
Mailgun offers a different and flexible concept of pricing plans when compared to others like Concept (pay as you go) which is a free plan. Three paid plans include Production ($79 per month), Scale ($325 per month), and Enterprise (Custom plan).
|Email sends per month||10000||100000||500000||Custom|
|Log retention||5 days||15 days||30 days||Custom|
|Extra email and contacts||Available||Available||Available||Available|
Official Website: Mailgun
SendInBlue is also a great alternative to MailChimp when it comes to pricing and visual automation factor. The best part about SendInBlue is that it offers unlimited contacts to its free users but there’s a point, that free users can send only 300 emails per day.
SendInBlue is the best tool for those who are getting started with email marketing as their interface and automation is much advanced and easier to use.
- With SendInBlue’s free responsive template gallery, you can create personalized, clean, and professional emails and newsletters.
- Target your audience and build emails by generating custom forms, contact segmentation, and custom contact fields.
- Marketing automation technology helps you to improve your customer experience with welcome emails, cart reminders, and much more.
- Monitor your performance with real-time tracking, heat map, and open and click through report.
SendInBlue offers a very cheap and affordable pricing plan when compared to other tools. It offers one free plan and four paid plans i.e. Lite ($25 per month), Essential ($39 per month), Premium ($69 per month), and Enterprise (Custom pricing).
|Email sends per month||300/day||40000||60000||120000||Custom|
|Multi user access||No||No||No||10 users||100 users|
Official Website: SendInBlue
With no doubt, ActiveCampaign is an unbeatable software for its email sequence automation, A/B testing, and for creating complex time automation.
ActiveCampaign offers advanced and high-end features like its CRM system and workflow management with pricing that is cheaper than MailChimp. The worst thing is that they do not offer a free plan, however, a free trial is available.
- Marketing automation and sales automation helps you to improve your sales with robust features.
- ActiveCampaign lets you target your customers with less and quality emails. Hence you can message your customers when it matters most.
- Automation also helps you to save your time with simple workflows and by segmenting the contact lists.
- Not limited only to email marketing but also includes advanced reporting, integrated forms, and site tracking, etc.
- Various other features like migration services, training, and support are also provided to the customers.
The pricing for ActiveCampaign looks a bit costly when paid monthly and when you go for an annual subscription you’ll see a lot of difference. It offers four plans i.e. Lite ($15 per month), Plus ($70 per month), Professional ($159 per month), Enterprise ($279 per month). Remember that the pricing increases along with the increase in the contact.
|Basis||Lite (Starting price $15)||Plus (Starting price $70)||Professional (Starting price $159)||Enterprise (Starting price $279)|
|Email send per month||Unlimited||Unlimited||Unlimited||Unlimited|
Official Website: ActiveCampaign
It was the time when MailChimp was the first thing that came to the mind for email marketing. But now there are many alternatives and competitors that are available to beat MailChimp with respect to different customer needs.
Although MailChimp is still a great tool for those who have a budget flow, but for customers who have different needs can opt for some great alternatives that are available in the market.
For Example: If you’re a web developer, then obviously Mailgun is the best available option. For Digital Marketers, designers, and creators, ConvertKit can be the best alternative and for pro and high advanced work, ActiveCampaign can be your best partner.
For those who are just getting started into it SendInBlue, AWeber, Constant Contact are some of the best available options.
Each and every tool has some merits as well as demerits as nothing could be perfect. We hope that you will be able to make a clear and concise choice from these alternatives based on your requirement.