A Complete Overview of the Most Popular Data Integration Tools:
Data integration is the process of combining data from many different sources, typically for analysis, business intelligence, reporting, or loading into an application.
A list of the best data integration tools is included for your reference in this article. These include open source, licensed enterprise as well as cloud data integrator platforms.
What You Will Learn:
- Data Integration Tools
- List of Most Prominent Data Integration Tools
- Comparison of Top Data Integration Tools
- #1) Hevo Data
- #2) IRI Voracity
- #3) Xplenty
- #4) Informatica
- #5) Microsoft
- #6) Talend
- #7) Oracle
- #8) IBM
- #9) SAP
- #10) Information Builders
- #11) SAS
- #12) Adeptia
- #13) Syncsort
- #14) Actian
- #15) Liaison
- #16) Astera
- #17) Qlikview
- #18) Dell Boomi
- #19) Pentaho
- #20) Jitterbit
- #21) CloverDX
- #22) SnapLogic
- #23) Altova
- #24) Attivio
- #25) Elixir
- #26) Software AG
- #27) Progress Software
- #28) Sagent
- #29) Open Text
Data Integration Tools
Data integration tool is a software which is used to perform data integration process on the data source.
These tools should be designed as per your data integration requirements. These tools perform transformation, mapping, and cleansing of data. Data integration tools can be integrated with data governance and data quality tools.
- Single Data can still be rendered on different Front-End clients, such as any Mobile application built on iPhone, Android, Microsoft, Blackberry or any Web or Desktop application built on C#, ASP.Net, Spring JSP, C++, PHP, GWT etc.
- All of these different Front-End Clients can have various User Interfaces (UI) as well.
- But all these Front-End clients share a common Data Platform or Database/Data-warehouse, from where the data is fetched and rendered to display.
- Data integration is highly important in the case of merging systems of two companies or consolidating applications within one company to provide a unified view of the company’s data assets.
Tools that support these functional aspects and provide a common platform to work are regarded as Data Integration Tools.
These business data integration tools enable company-specific customization and will have an easy UI to quickly migrate your existing data in a Bulk Mode and start to use a new application, with added features in all in one application.
List of Most Prominent Data Integration Tools
Given below is a list of the most popular Data Integration Tools that are available in the market.
Comparison of Top Data Integration Tools
|Data Integration Tools||Data Integration||Features||Connectors||Price|
|Hevo Data||Automated Data Pipeline Platform. Supports both ETL and ELT.||Real-time Data Replication, Hassle-free Easy Implementation, Automatic Schema Detection, Change Data Capture, Enterprise-Grade Security, Detailed Alerts and Logging, Zero Data Loss Guarantee.||100+ Pre-built Connectors across Databases (MySQL, MongoDB, PostgreSQL, etc.), Cloud Applications (Google Analytics, Salesforce, Google Ads, Facebook Ads, etc.), SDKs and Streaming (Kafka, SQS, REST API, Webhooks, etc.), File Storage (Amazon S3, Google Cloud Storage, etc.)||Contact for price.|
|IRI Voracity ||Fast, affordable ETL for structured, semi- and unstructured data, with built-in data profiling, quality, PII masking, BI, CDC, SCD, test data, and metadata management.||Multi-source, multi-action, multi- target in same I/O.|
Multiple job design options in Eclipse, seamless execution in IRI CoSort or Hadoop engines.
Compatible with COBOL, erwin, Git, MIMB, KNIME, Splunk, etc.
|Multiple native and standard connectors for legacy and modern sources, on premise, streaming, or cloud.||CapEx or OpEx for full platform and point solutions. Unlimited users, inputs, cores per host.|
|Xplenty||Data Integration platform. API component for advanced customization & flexibility. Supports both ETL and ELT.||A complete toolkit for data pipelines, no-code & low-code options, intuitive graphic interface, etc.||Integrations are available for BI Tools, Databases, Logging, Advertising, Analytics, Cloud Storage, etc.||Get a quote. Free trial available for 7 days.|
|Informatica||Advanced hybrid data integration capabilities.||Integrated codeless environment.||Connects to everything.||Starts at $2000 / month.|
|Microsoft||Hybrid data integration service.||Can run SQL server integration services packages directly in Azure.|
Fully managed ETL service in the cloud.
|Multiple native data connectors.||Data Pipeline: Starts at $1 /1000 activity runs per month.
SQL Server integration services: $0.84/hour.
|Talend||Integrates data with unified development and management tools.||Open, scalable architecture.|
Five times faster than Map Reduce.
|RDBMS: Oracle, Teradata, Microsoft SQL server etc. |
SaaS like NetSuite & many more Packaged apps like SAP and Technologies like DropBox.
Talend cloud data integration: $1170/ user per month. Two more plans are available.
|Oracle||Cloud-based data integration.||Machine learning & AI capabilities. |
Data migration across hybrid environments.
Data profiling and governance.
|All RDBMS, Oracle and Non-Oracle technologies.||$ 0.9678 OCPU per hour on monthly flex.|
|IBM||Data integration for structured and unstructured data. Metadata management||Massive parallel processing capabilities. |
Data quality capabilities:
Data profiling, standardization, matching,
|Data source connection: Traditional data sources, Big data and No SQL.||Contact for price.|
#1) Hevo Data
Hevo is an automated data pipeline platform that helps you bring data from a wide range of data sources (Databases, Cloud Applications, SDKs and Streaming) into any data warehouse without having to write any code.
- Easy Implementation: Hevo can be set up and run in just a few minutes.
- Automatic Schema Detection and Mapping: Hevo’s powerful algorithms can detect the schema of incoming data and replicate the same in the data warehouse without any manual intervention.
- Real-time Architecture: Hevo is built on a real-time streaming architecture which ensures that the data is loaded to your warehouse in real-time.
- ETL and ELT: Hevo has powerful features that allow you to clean, transform and enrich your data both before and after moving it to the warehouse. This ensures you always have analysis-ready data.
- Enterprise-grade Security: Hevo is GDPR, SOC II and HIPAA compliant.
- Alerts and Monitoring: Hevo provides detailed alerts and granular monitoring set up so that you are always on top of your data.
#2) IRI Voracity
IRI Voracity is one-stop, big data discovery, integration, migration, governance, and analytics platform built on Eclipse that includes:
- Data profiling, classification, and search to scan and report on data sources.
- Support for multi-threaded DB extracts (IRI FACT), plus ODBC, URL, Kafka, MQTT, piped HDFS, S3, NoSQL, 3GL or REST sources.
- Multi-threaded, task-consolidating CoSort transforms, some that run interchangeably in MapReduce 2, Spark, Spark Stream, Storm or Tez.
- Data and database migration and replication.
- Data cleansing, validation, and enrichment.
- PII masking (and re-ID risk scoring), DB subsetting, and synthetic test data capabilities.
- Embedded reporting, change data capture, data wrangling for analytic platforms, and integrations with Splunk and KNIME.
- 4GL metadata management and graphical job design options (wizards, dialogs, diagrams, script and form editors, etc.)
Xplenty provides a cloud-based solution to integrate, process, and prepare data for analytics. It is a complete toolkit for building data pipelines. Anyone can create a data pipeline with the help of Xplenty regardless of their tech experience as it offers no-code and low-code options.
By using its API component, you will get advanced customization. You will be able to implement a variety of data integration use cases with the help of Xplenty’s package designer. These use cases include simple replication, complex data preparation, and transformation tasks.
- Xplenty has an intuitive graphic interface where you can implement ETL, ELT, ETLT, or replication.
- Efficiently centralize, transform, and prepare data for analysis.
- Transfer data between databases, data warehouses, and/or data lakes.
- 100+ pre-built connectors.
- Xplenty supports a Rest API connector to pull in data from any Rest API you need.
- 24/7 email, chat, phone, and online meeting support.
- It offers low-code or no-code options.
Informatica is an advanced Data Transformation system, which supports:
- B2B Data Exchange supports for integrating any Business solutions.
- Eliminates the risk of manual ingestion through its high performance-oriented data migration techniques which include, automation, Data reuse, and agile support.
- Its smart Data Integration Hub delivers innovative point-to-point integration with a distributed model.
- It has a unique fully integrated, end-to-end, agile data integration platform.
- Informatica integrates with Power Center and provisions operational data which are instantaneous and, scalable.
Download Link: Informatica
Microsoft provides its own SQL Server Integration Services for connecting SQL Server Data of different databases and allows easy migration onto one data structure, through which, all the data can be easily migrated without any data loss.
- Through SSIS complex join queries, data replication can as well be used for bulk and batch data migration techniques.
- These data can as well be placed under the Extract, Transform, and Load tool for better performance.
- As well as supports business intelligence support to solve very complex solutions easily with lesser effort.
Download Link: Microsoft
Talend provides an open-source option to easily integrate and is customizable by anyone and is well known for its high performance, built on the basis to meet analytical data expectations.
They have the best and most cost-efficient way to connect data. Its unique analytical data-oriented approach brings in the best business analysis and improvises accordingly.
Enables the Bulk development process for faster data migration. Talend has a unique smart data migration mechanism, which binds the data based on a few criteria and migrates the data onto the system.
Download Link: Talend
Oracle Data Integrator is a comprehensive data integration platform, which provides persistent and uninterrupted access to data across various systems.
- Enables Huge Data Integration and Manipulations.
- Oracle offers a performance-oriented approach for elegantly managing the data.
- Oracle has a unique assertive design approach, for flawless, instantaneous data integration.
- Oracle provides organizations to manage data very easily and effectively through its smart mechanisms for data migration and easy graphical tools.
- Its powerful Sketch-up mechanism enables easy monitoring of systems.
- Enables Metadata extraction from own oracle or other different sources.
Download Link: Oracle
IBM has a unique InfoSphere Information Server, thereby providing an abundant set of integration and monitoring capabilities
- Enables integration of big data with traditional enterprise data by providing stable business insights.
- Provides capabilities for delivering data in real-time to business applications, either through bulk data migration approach.
- IBM ensures fully secured trusted data migration techniques.
- The end-to-end integration mechanism of InfoSphere Information Server, allows data determination, cleaning data, monitoring and then transforms and renders data.
Download Link: IBM
SAP Data Integrator provides complete data visualizer for both structured and unstructured data.
- It’s smart data migration criteria manipulates and imports the data on to the system easily.
- It provides an agile style of integration for parallel processing and fast migration.
- Data migration can as well be scheduled in batches.
- SAP HANA is a smart cloud memory manager, which supports parallel data ingestion, for quick, yet complete data migration for faster and efficient batch processes.
- It provides a view to analyze deeper insights from unstructured data.
- Efficient single User Interface for all its transactions, and ease of use.
Download Link: SAP
#10) Information Builders
Information Builders support real-time data integration and render the best data visualization.
- Enabling organizations to manage both structured and unstructured information across a single platform.
- Super scalable and provides customized inbuilt tools (iWay) to integrate the data across different data sources, efficiently and thereby resulting in zero data loss.
- iWay’s Strong application approach provides the best data integration capability and allows seamless access to any application or data store.
- Supports standalone Integration or on any existing infrastructure integration (IBM WebSphere, Microsoft .NET, SAP NetWeaver, and Oracle Fusion and so on.)
Download Link: Information Builders
SAS provides an Advanced Data Management system for best third-party integration.
- Data from across many different sources can be migrated onto a single consistent platform, for all transactions.
- Enables integration of both structured and unstructured data streams and provides stable business insights.
- Enables business rules metadata creation, all of which, enable the aggressive generation of data warehouses, data marts, and data streams.
Download Link: SAS
- Adeptia is considered as a complete Integration Suite, which provides an enterprise-class solution and simplifies all aspects of cloud and in-house integration, inclusive of even the Business to Business Integration.
- Smart BPM- Smart Business Process Management, provides efficiency by aggregating all the systems data in one place, by generating the revenue faster.
- Maximizing your IT resources.
- Lowering your total cost of ownership (TCO).
- Reducing ongoing operational costs.
- Supports Rich Internet Application support with ETL (Extract, Transform, and Load) feature ability.
- Enterprise Service Bus enables, connect all data from all applications, both internal and external networks.
- Centralized management of all integration interfaces.
- Graphical Data Mapper
- Human Workflow
- Trading Partner Management
- Pre-configured Connections
- Web Service API Publishing
- Customer Onboarding
Download Link: Adeptia
Syncsort is one of the fastest version with high-performance compression technology and enables high-performance to join algorithms.
- All components required for data integration acceleration are included in this.
- Supports Metadata Interchange, thereby allowing you to easily import the jobs from other platforms, such as Informatica and IBM DataStage, to accelerate deployment.
- Smart workload manager.
- Blend, transform and distribute data with Hadoop.
Download Link: Syncsort
Actian is a database integration software solution.
- Enables Design process for a data warehouse with load Integration.
- Supports different data format conversions.
- Data can be made available, restricted just in-house or on the cloud.
- Various foundation features to accelerate, flexible integration solutions.
- Has a Rich Internet Application to support with.
- Drag and drop UI designs for ease of use.
- Service-Oriented Architecture Platform.
- Cloud Computing Interchangeable and Metadata reusability options.
Download Link: Actian
The Liaison has a unique dPaaS Platform consisting of three modules:
- Has a cutting edge, cloud-based integration platform
- Manages a layered architecture with an internal system designed through APIs, for better code reusability.
- It provides an efficient, affordable, and maintenance-free solution, which can be accessed from anywhere, through a web-based Electronic Data Interchange solution and can be managed efficiently through its intuitive interface option.
Download Link: Liaison
Astera has a unique centerprise Data Integration platform, which supports:
- Layered architecture with inbuilt API-based web services, thereby enhancing code-reusability and debugging capabilities.
- Flexible system design supports the enterprise of all variants and size, centerprise, as well as supports, Real-Time change Data capture, and bulk batch processors can be integrated, for faster and efficient data migration.
- Unique Centerprise, brings in unique network architecture pattern with a concept of author and user (PubSub Publisher and Subscriber) based data interchange and data capture support for more complex databases, databases can be DB2, Teradata, and Sybase as well with other Relational Dbs.
- Additionally, Centerprise also supports data integration with Salesforce through Salesforce workflow, thereby providing a single enterprise platform for all transactions.
Download Link: Astera
QlikView Expressor manages the metadata management in “the Click way”, thereby supporting an easy data migration flow across different sources.
- Provides a disruptive approach to data management.
- The simple design approach, enabling ease of usage.
- It has a unique feature to build metadata on the go, or as per the customer needs, hence enables efficient data migration.
- Qlik provides a redefined business intelligence as it redefines its metadata, based on user usage.
- Real-time accessibility, analytics visualization, and data can be accessed anywhere, anytime, or on any device.
Download Link: QlikView
#18) Dell Boomi
Dell Boomi is a cloud-based integration solution, to fully exploit the value of the cloud.
Supports Organizations of all sizes, from small businesses to the largest global enterprises. The organizations trust Dell Boomi to connect any combination of cloud and in-house applications.
Download Link: Dell Boomi
Pentaho has a unique feature to render actionable data insights, which tracks user usage and generate insights accordingly.
- It provides a complete end to end analytics data, across all integrated applications as well.
- These analytical reports, are real-time and can be accessed anytime.
- Pentaho has custom-built ready components, which have the ability to transform the data and import the data into a single data source.
- Unstructured data Integration is very simple, with Zero Coding efforts
- Pentaho Data Insights provides profiling, for analyzing and ensuring comprehensive data and constructs smart business rules for best performance.
Download Link: Pentaho
- Jitterbit data integration software has a motto of bringing in a cost-effective solution, for linking in-house, cloud and other processes.
- It’s a graphical interface approach, simplifies, plugging in complex applications, just by select and click option.
- Supports batch process, for bulk data migration and can as well schedule tasks, for a continuous process.
- Offers Real-Time data update, through cloud support.
- Enables all device support, so that the system can be accessed anywhere, anytime and get real-time updated data.
- Enables complete system logging to support all error handling.
Download Link: Jitterbit
CloverDX is a data integration platform that helps midsize to enterprise-level companies tackle the world’s toughest data management challenges. It gives organizations a robust, yet endlessly flexible environment, designed for data-intensive operations, packed with advanced developer tools and scalable automation and orchestration backend.
- Automate & orchestrate transformations and processes.
- Host in cloud or on-premise, scale across cores or cluster nodes.
- Code where needed.
- Collaborate between devs & less expensive teams.
- Co-exist nicely with existing complex IT environments.
- Build extensible frameworks to save money and share it with colleagues.
- Enjoy enterprise-grade personal support from CloverDX.
Download Link: CloverDX
SnapLogic is a leading cloud-based enterprise solution whose features include:
- Manipulating how companies integrate business applications in-house and on the cloud.
- With the SnapLogic Integration Platform, organizations can easily and securely connect a variety of applications or data sources together.
- While achieving radically better performance and faster implementations than with traditional integration technologies.
Download Link: Snaplogic
Altova is a specialized data management tool, which has both well-articulated application as well as data integration support. The application supports import for better data migration and supports XML data, SQL Data, and UML Data.
- It has a special feature to store the data onto their internal available Relational DB, which makes the user feel that his data is secure and stored under his environment, rather than a shared cloud.
- The application allows customized table configuration system, which enables any to Any Data Mapping and Integration
- Users can set up their own server and client software systems, on their own premises, and this enables Data security as well.
- Has a multi-channel reporting feature to export the reports into any format.
- Supports Enterprise Mobile, which in turn can be accessed via any portable device and all the data are Real-time updated.
- Has MissionKit Database tool support, which includes data migration onto any interface language like Microsoft SQL Server 2000, IBM DB2, Oracle, Sybase, MYSQL, PostgreSQL and Microsoft Access.
- Has Rich Internet Application support, which can be accessed on any portable device as well and get Real-time data, accessible from anywhere.
Download Link: Altova
Attivio has a unique inbuilt Active Intelligence Engine, which enables,
- Ingestion of structured and semi-structured data, thereby supporting data migration for Big Data, unstructured content, hence supports a wide variety of databases, Social Media, Websites, Email Systems, File Servers and so on without the requirement of ETL Data Processing Mechanisms.
- Attivo enables any data migration mechanism, for all latest Databases, relational or unstructured, have the ability to support different application-specific connectors, to support customized data migration for Microsoft Share Point, Microsoft Exchange, Content Server, Active Directory and as well more latest Hadoop.
Download Link: Attivio
Elixir provides an open-source feature to easily integrate and customize the data across different sources and is well known for its extensiveness, build on the basis to meet operational data analytics.
It provides a flexible data access solution to extract the data from any data sources – structured, unstructured or even office documents can be migrated.
Elegant Business rules metadata for faster data migration support.
Download Link: Elixir
#26) Software AG
Software AG provides a dais for both the Software and Data Integration tool, which uses a web methods integration mechanism for cost-effective, customizable 3rd party software integration.
- Supports SQL and Non-SQL Data sources for data migration.
- Once the data is migrated on to the Software AG, then it can be easily accessed and retrieved and customized reports can be generated.
- Instantaneous data migration approach for effective data analysis.
Download Link: Software AG
#27) Progress Software
Progress DataXtend provides a business rules-based service-oriented approach, which makes data flow secure and reliable.
Progress DataXtend has a unique feature, to log the data migration and trace logs and troubleshoot during data loss. These logs mark as a checkpoint for validating the actual Business Criteria ensured in the organization.
Download Link: Progress Software
Sagent Data Integration tool provides an adaptable data transformation technique, which manages the data through:
- Business Intelligence
- Location Intelligence
- Customized Solutions
Its best Visual tools, allows its users to easily migrate the data and manage operations easily. Access, connect, integrate and analyze data from a wide array of application. Sagent Data Flow supports many data formats for greater efficiency.
Download Link: Sagent
#29) Open Text
OpenText helps the organizations to blend traditional data and enterprise content into one platform, evaluate actual data interpretation and manage people & sources efficiently.
- It provides an agile style of integration for parallel processing and fast migration.
- Streamlines all business operations and gains efficient productivity.
- Facilitates transparency across participants, thereby providing the best business process.
- All information flows are streamlined and managed.
Download Link: Open Text
Improvado is a data analytics software for marketers to help them keep all their data in one place. This marketing ETL platform will allow you to connect marketing API to any visualization tool and there is no need to have technical skills for that.
- It can provide raw or mapped data as per your requirements.
- It has a facility of comparing cross-channel metrics to help you with business decisions.
- It has functional to change attribution models.
- It has features for mapping Google Analytics data with advertising data.
- Data can be visualized in the Improvado dashboard or using the BI tool of your choice.
We hope this article would have given you a great insight into the various Data Integration Tools available in the market.
Selecting the right tool depends upon your budget and requirements. Hence plan wisely before choosing a tool for your business.
=> Contact us to suggest a listing here.