Explore the List of the Top Low-Code Development Platforms and Tools along with their Features:
What is Low-Code Platform?
Low-code development platform is an application that provides the Graphical User Interface for programming and thereby develops the code at a very fast rate & reduces the traditional programming efforts.
These tools help in the fast development of code by minimizing hand-coding efforts. These platforms not only help with coding but also with the quick setup and deployment.
What You Will Learn:
- Working Of Low-code Development Platforms
- List of Top Low-code Development Platforms
- Comparison Table of Low-code Platforms
- #1) Visual LANSA
- #2) Retool
- #3) Quixy
- #4) Creatio
- #5) GeneXus
- #6) Zoho Creator
- #7) Appian
- #8) KiSSFLOW – BPM & Workflow Software
- #9) Mendix
- #10) OutSystems
- #11) Salesforce Lightning
- #12) Microsoft PowerApps
- #13) AppSheet
- #14) Google App Maker
- #15) FileMaker
- Additional Platforms To Consider
Working Of Low-code Development Platforms
With these platforms, you don’t have to write the code line-by-line. It will allow you to draw a flowchart and the code will get created. Code-development gets faster with this method.
Benefits of Low-code Development Tools:
Low code development tools provide many benefits and more people can contribute to the application development process. Also, these platforms help organizations in improving their agility. It reduces the complexity of the application development process.
Low code platforms have two other important benefits i.e. high productivity and decreased cost as it develops more applications in lesser time.
The following graph will explain the importance of low-code development tools. As per the research performed by frevvo, it accelerates the digital transformation at 69% and 40% it is responsible for reducing the dependency of high technical skills.
Low code development platforms contain the features of visual modeling, drag-and-drop interfaces, mobility, security, and scalability.
Suggested Reading => Most Popular Code Review Tools
List of Top Low-code Development Platforms
Enlisted below are the top Low-Code Development Tools that are available in the market.
Comparison Table of Low-code Platforms
|Low-code development platform||Platforms||Business Size||Free Trial||Price|
|Small, Medium, Large.||Available||As low as $8.34 per user/month.|
|Retool||Chrome & Firefox on MacOS and Windows,|
Partial for Safari and IE,
|Small to large enterprises.||Available||After the free plan -
Team: $10 pm/user,
Business: $50 pm/user,
Get a quote for Enterprise.
|Quixy||Windows, Mac, Android, & iOS.||Small to large enterprises.||Available||Platform: $10/user/month, billed annually.
Solution: Starts from $500/month billed annually.
|Creatio ||Windows, Mac, & Web-based.||Medium to large-sized businesses.||Available for 14 days.||Enterprise Edition: $25 per user per month.|
|Small, Medium, Large.||Available||Startups: Starting $100/month
Software Houses: Starting $250/month.
Enterprise: Starting $900/month.
|Zoho Creator||Cloud-based, iOS, Android, and PWA.||Small, Medium. and Large.||Available||Professional: $25/user/month billed annually,
Ultimate: $400/month billed annually.
|Small, Medium, Large.||Available||$90 per user per month.|
Supports iOS & Android devices also.
|Small, Medium, Large.||Available||$9 per user per month.|
|Medium and Large||The community version is free.||Single App: Starts at $1875/month.
Pro: Starts at $5375/month, & Enterprise: Starts at $7825/month.
|Medium and Large||Free plan||Enterprise: Starts at $6250/month.
Universal: Starts at $15000/ month.
|Small, Medium, Large.||Available||Starter: $25/user/ month.
Plus: $150 /user/ month.
#1) Visual LANSA
Tagline: Low Code >> High Control
Visual LANSA Pricing: Visual LANSA has a three-tiered pricing structure i.e. Entry Level ($16.66 user/month), Mid-tier ($13.34 user/month), and Enterprise ($8.34 user/month).
LANSA’s low-code development platform accelerates and simplifies the creation of enterprise apps while making your development team more productive. LANSA puts you back in control.
- Powerful low-code IDE to create desktop, web and mobile apps.
- Build apps faster, easier and at a lower cost than traditional methods.
- Extensive testing, deployment and integration controls.
- In use by several thousand companies around the world.
- Ability to write code inside the IDE.
- Only low-code to run on the IBMi, windows, and web.
Verdict: Visual LANSA will allow professional developers to create applications much quicker than traditional coding and with an amount of control much higher than usually seen in low-code platforms.
An Intro to Low-code and What You Need to Get Started
Low-code platforms simplify, accelerate and reduce the cost of application development compared to traditional methods, which is very attractive to busy IT departments. The transformative potential of low-code development is limitless.
In this eBook, you’ll learn:
- What is low-code?
- When a competitive advantage is achieved with low-code development.
- Why IT executives are turning to low-code development platforms
- How low-code platforms help speed software application development
Tagline: Build internal tools remarkably fast.
Retool Pricing: It offers a free developer version as well as paid plans per seat depending on feature requirements.
Retool is the fastest way to build internal tools. Visually designed apps that interface with any database or API. Switch to code nearly anywhere to customize how your apps look and work.
With Retool, you can ship more apps and move your business forward – all in less time. Thousands of teams at companies like Amazon, DoorDash, Peloton, and Brex collaborate around custom-built Retool apps to solve internal workflows.
- Cloud and self-hosted options are available.
- Quickly build the frontends with 50+ drag-and-drop components.
- Integration with dozens of popular data sources.
- Connect to anything with a REST or GraphQL API.
- Secure applications with fine-grained access controls and audit logs as well as SAML SSO and 2FA.
Verdict: Retool is ideal for building internal applications and speeding up the time for development.
Tagline: Work Smart. Achieve More.
Solution: Starts from $500/month billed annually.
Platform: $10/user/month billed annually and starts with 10 users.
Enterprise: Contact the Company
Enterprises use Quixy’s cloud-based no-code platform to empower their business users (citizen developers) to automate workflows and build simple to complex enterprise-grade applications for their custom needs up to ten times faster. All without writing any code.
Quixy helps eliminate manual processes and quickly turn ideas into applications making business more innovative, productive, and transparent. Users can start from scratch or customize pre-built apps from the Quixy app store in minutes.
- Build the app interface the way you want it by dragging and dropping 40+ form fields including a rich text editor, e-signature, QR-Code scanner, Facial Recognition widget, and much more.
- Model any process and build simple complex workflows be it sequential, parallel and conditional with an easy-to-use visual builder. Configure notifications, reminders, and escalations for each step in the workflow.
- Seamlessly integrate with 3rd party applications through ready-to-use connectors, Webhooks, and API Integrations.
- Deploy apps with a single click and make changes on the fly with no downtime. Ability to use on any browser, any device even in offline mode.
- Live actionable Reports and Dashboards with the option to export data in multiple formats and schedule automated delivery of reports through multiple channels.
- Enterprise-ready with ISO 27001 and SOC2 Type2 Certification and all enterprise features including Custom Themes, SSO, IP filtering, On-Premise deployment, White-Labelling, etc.
Verdict: Quixy is a completely visual and easy-to-use No-Code Application Development platform. Businesses can automate processes across departments using Quixy. It will help you to build simple to complex custom enterprise application faster and with lower costs without writing any code.
Tagline: Everyone can automate business ideas in minutes.
Creatio Pricing: Studio Creatio, Enterprise Edition will cost you $25 per user per month.
Studio Creatio is an intelligent low-code and process management platform with out-of-the-box solutions and templates. Creatio Marketplace has ready-to-use apps and solutions that will extend the platform functionality.
- BPM engine to flexibly manage structured and unstructured processes.
- Low-code/no-code automation to build configurative solutions effortlessly.
- AI/ Machine learning tools to accelerate business processes, make data-backed decisions, and simplify the analytical work.
- It provides a leading UI for visual modeling.
- You will be able to build various types of apps through App wizard.
- It has features for security and administration.
- It provides features to streamline customer engagements and accelerate service delivery.
Verdict: Creatio provides handy graphics and dashboards. Your routine operations will get accelerated with the use of this tool. It will help you to manage various types of cases and regulate timelines.
Tagline: Software that makes software.
GeneXus Pricing: Pricing per developer seat, independent of the number of apps created, or the number of end-users. A free trial is available for the product. Special plans for Startups (starting $100/month), Independent Software Houses (starting $250/month), and Enterprise (starting $900/month).
- AI-based automatic software generation.
- Multi-Experience apps: Model once, generate for multiple platforms (responsive and progressive web apps, mobile native and hybrid apps, Apple Tv, chatbots & virtual assistants).
- Highest flexibility: The largest number of databases supported in the market. Interoperability capabilities for system integrations.
- Future-proof: Evolve systems over long periods of time and change between technologies and platforms automatically.
- Business Process Management Support: Digital Process Automation through integrated BPM modeling.
- Deployment flexibility: Deploy apps on-premises, in the cloud, or in hybrid scenarios.
- Application security module included.
- No runtime for generated applications, price by developer seat.
Verdict: With over 30 years of experience, GeneXus provides a unique platform that captures the needs of users and generates applications for present and future technologies, without the need of learning each new technology. Allows pragmatic developers to evolve quickly, responding to market and technological changes in an agile way.
#6) Zoho Creator
Tagline: Build, Integrate, Extend.
Zoho Creator‘s cross-platform app builder helps to build native mobile applications faster. Create apps on the web, publish and use them on your iOS and Android devices with multi-platform access.
With over 7 million users worldwide and 6 million apps, our platform is powerful and flexible to adapt to your business needs. Zoho Creator has been featured in Gartner Magic Quadrant for Enterprise Low-Code Application Platforms (LCAP), 2020.
- Create more applications with less effort.
- Connect your business data and collaborate across teams.
- Create insightful reports.
- Gain instant access to mobile apps.
- Uncompromising security.
Verdict: Zoho Creator provides the low-code application development platform to build enterprise applications. It involves building applications with minimal coding which drastically reduces app-development time and effort.
Tagline: Automate more codeless. Deliver powerful business applications, faster.
Price: Appian will cost you $90 per user per month for Standard Licensing. Get a quote for Application Licensing. A free trial is available for the product.
Appian’s intelligent automation platform will help organizations to build smart applications that will improve the business, customer engagement, and worker efficiency. It will ensure you about the security of your critical applications.
- Drag and Drop tools.
- It provides native AI services.
- It also offers no-code integration to AI/ML platforms through Google Cloud, Amazon AWS, and Microsoft Azure.
- Without writing any code, you will be able to integrate enterprise data, systems, and web services.
Verdict: Appian is the provider of the software development platform. The Appian low code development platform is a combination of intelligent automation and low-code development.
#8) KiSSFLOW – BPM & Workflow Software
Tagline: Automate Work. Reduce Chaos.
Price: Standard Edition will cost you $9 per user per month. A free trial is also available for this plan. The special pricing plan is available for education and non-profit organizations. You can also get a quote for bulk pricing (For more than 100 users).
KiSSFLOW- BPM & Workflow Software will allow you to create custom Apps and automate business processes. It provides more than 45 pre-installed apps to create your own business applications.
- It completely eliminates the need for coding.
- Drag and drop the facility to add and edit fields.
- Tasks and logic can also be built using the drag and drop facility.
- It will allow you to digitize your forms and requests.
Verdict: It provides the cloud-based solution which can be used by businesses of any size and from any industry.
Website: KiSSFLOW- BPM & Workflow Software
Tagline: Low-code Application Development platform.
Price: Mendix prices are based on the number of app users. Its Community version is free. Mendix offers three more plans i.e. Single App (Starts at $1875 per month), Pro (Starts at $5375 per month), and Enterprise (Starts at $7825 per month).
Mendix provides the platform for building applications. It supports application development for any device. It has an option of private cloud, public cloud, and on-premises deployment. It also provides the facilities of automated backups and horizontal scaling with the Enterprise edition.
- Agile project management.
- Visual modeling tools.
- Reusable components.
Verdict: Mendix is a rapid application development platform with offline working capabilities. It is easy to adopt and is perfect for anyone.
Tagline: Build Enterprise-Grade apps Fastly.
Price: OutSystems offer a free plan which is free forever. There are two more plans i.e. Enterprise and Universal. Enterprise plan starts at $6250 per month and the Universal plan starts at $15000 per month.
OutSystems will allow you to develop the applications at an unbeatable speed. It can be used for building Mobile Apps, Web Apps, and Enterprise-Grade applications.
- You will experience error-free deployment for your apps, in cloud or on-premises.
- You can get real-time performance dashboards.
- You will be able to deliver scalable applications.
- Offers the latest security for your applications.
- Your applications could be integrated with any system.
Verdict: It will be easier for developers to deliver the applications and editing those applications with OutSystems Rapid Application Development Platform.
#11) Salesforce Lightning
Tagline: The future of Sales and CRM.
Price: Salesforce Lightning platform has three pricing plans i.e. Lightning Platform Starter ($25 per user per month), Lightning Platform Plus ($100 per user per month), and Heroku Enterprise Starter (Get a quote).
Salesforce Lightning provides the platform to build mobile apps with advanced security. Pro-Code tools will allow you to use any programming language for app creation. It offers features like embedding AI & IoT and integration with Salesforce & third-party data.
- With No-Code builders, it will be easier to build mobile apps.
- Instant app creation from a spreadsheet.
- Lightning Process Builder will help you to build complex workflows.
=> Recommended Reading => Salesforce Lightning Tutorial
Verdict: Salesforce Lightning provides a suite of tools for building business apps. The platform will allow developers to build apps with a custom as well as standard components. It also provides features to accelerate the production process.
Website: Salesforce Lightning
#12) Microsoft PowerApps
Tagline: Apps that mean business.
Price: PowerApps has two pricing plans. Plan 1 will cost you $7 per user per month. The price for Plan 2 is $40 per user per month. A free trial is also available.
Microsoft PowerApps provides the platform to build the applications. Developers will be able to extend the app capabilities with pro-developer extensibility.
- Point-and-click approach for app designing.
- Pre-defined templates.
- Easy connection of application to data.
- You will be able to develop web-based apps that will be compatible with iOS, Android, and Windows devices.
Verdict: Microsoft provides the low code development platform through PowerApps. PowerApps is a powerful tool for building apps with a little complex UI. It is rich in features. It has features like cloud-based services integration, Workflow automation, App sharing, App running, etc.
Website: Microsoft PowerApps
Tagline: The Intelligent no-code platform.
Price: AppSheet has three pricing plans i.e. Premium, Pro, and Business. Premium plan costs $5 per active user per month. Pro plan costs $10 per active user per month. You can get a quote for the Business plan. A free trial is available for the product.
AppSheet provides the app maker for mobile apps. For apps building, many sample apps are provided like barcode scanner and offline access. You can start for free through Google Sheets and Excel.
- This platform will help anyone to build apps.
- You will be able to develop and deploy multi-platform apps in real-time.
- You will be able to build the apps with features like GPS & maps, Image Capture, Signature Capture, and Barcode scanner.
- More features for building apps for Charts, email notifications, offline access, and adding your own brand.
Verdict: The platform provides a good number of features for mobile app development and is easy to use.
#14) Google App Maker
Note: The App Maker editor and user apps will be shut down on January 19, 2021
Tagline: Business Apps your company needs, built by you.
Price: Google App Maker is combined with G Suite Business and G Suite Enterprise. G Suite Business price starts at $8.5 and G Suite Enterprise price starts at $25.8.
Google App Maker is a low code tool provided by Google. It can be used for building business apps. Just like other tools, it also has a drag-and-drop interface for building apps. It comes with G Suite Business. A free trial is also available for 14 days.
- It provides templates.
- It has a drag-and-drop UI design facility.
- Declarative data modeling.
- Easy to connect with Gmail, Calendar, or sheets.
Verdict: Google App Maker contain many functionalities like deployment logs, deployment settings, App preview, and data models. It is a web-based tool and also supports Windows and Mac OS.
Tagline: Make your own app for any task.
Price: For businesses, it offers price based on the number of users. For 5 to 9 users, it will cost you $15 per user per month. For 10 to 24 users, it will cost you $14 per user per month. For 25 to 49 users, it will cost you $12 per user per month. For 50 to 99 users, it will cost you $11 per user per month.
If you have more than 100 members in your team then get a quote for the pricing details. FileMaker Pro 17, which is for individuals will cost you $540. A free trial is available for the product.
FileMaker is an application development platform. It allows you to develop the app for any task. It can be deployed on-premises or in the cloud. It can be used on computers, iPad & iPhone, and through Web browsers.
- The developed app will be compatible with mobiles, computers, the web, and the cloud.
- It has a streamlined user interface.
- You can copy and paste custom menus.
- It supports multiple email attachments.
Verdict: It can be used by any type of business for creating custom apps. It is a flexible solution for app development.
DWKit Tagline: Business processes, Workflow, and Forms in a self-hosted or cloud .NET Core solution.
Price: DWKit will cost you $11,000 for a perpetual license. No user charges.
DWKit is a Digital Workflow Kit which will help you effectively manage form and business process development time with drag&drop interaction. Technically speaking, DWKit is a FormBuilder + Workflow + Security + Data Mapping.
- Drag & Drop FormBuilder
- Full-featured Workflow Engine
- Fully customized End User Interface
- On-Premise Deployment
- Access to source code
Verdict: DWKit offers a very interesting solution. You’ll get an efficient low code platform, yet with full capacity to modify this tool in your Visual Studio designer.
DWKit is more complex to comprehend than other similar solutions and requires more than just an average developer’s skills, but its enhancement opportunities make up for it. It is the perfect tool for companies that are planning to build products of their own.
Additional Platforms To Consider
#17) Spring Boot:
Spring Boot provides the platform for building production-grade Spring-based applications. You can easily create stand-alone applications with this platform.
It has features like the automatic configuration of Spring and third-party libraries. It allows embedding Tomcat, Jetty or Undertow without deploying WAR files.
Website: Spring Boot
#18) Pega Platform:
Pega Platform is a visual-driven tool for building application. It provides features to quickly deliver apps. A free trial of 30 days is available for the product.
Website: Pega Platform
Zudy provides the no-code application development platform. It provides the benefits of accelerating application development, empowering developers, and mobility. Vinyl architecture has three layers i.e. Design Layer, Business Logic Layer, and Data Access Layer. These architectural layers provide a flexible environment to design and build.
#20) Ninox Database:
Ninox provides the platform for building database applications. It provides the templates for databases like CRM, Inventory, Invoicing, and many others.
A free trial of 30 days is available for the product. Ninox has two pricing plans i.e. Ninox Cloud and Private Cloud. Ninox Cloud price starts at $8.33 per user per month. Private cloud price starts at $16.66 per user per month.
Website: Ninox Database
Appian low code development platform is the combination of intelligent automation and low-code development. KiSSFLOW is a cloud-based software for any industry and for businesses of any size. Mendix provides the application development platform with offline working capabilities.
OutSystems provides the platform for developers to easily deliver and edit those applications. Salesforce Lightning is a suite of tools for developing business apps. Zoho Creator low code development platform can be used by non-developers and is perfect for building simple applications.
Microsoft PowerApps is a rich in features low code development platform. AppSheet is best for building mobile apps. Google App Maker provides the low code development platform which is combined with G Suite Business and G Suite Enterprise. File Maker is a flexible solution for any business type to build custom apps.
Hope this article will help you in selecting the right low code development platform.