Comprehensive List of the Top Asset Discovery Tools with Features and Comparison. Select the Best Asset Discovery Software For Your Company From This Review:
Asset Discovery Tools work by analyzing the asset clusters. Based on this analysis, it can identify the relationship between their usage, network, and devices.
IT Asset Discovery will provide you a complete and accurate overview of all the hardware, software, and users in your network or environment and that is the key for successful IT Asset Management.
Let’s explore the most popular Asset Discovery Tools now!!
What You Will Learn:
- Business Challenges For Software Asset Management
- List Of The Top Asset Discovery Tools
Business Challenges For Software Asset Management
Businesses experience several challenges in managing assets that include poor visibility & control. The below image will show you the top business challenges, that companies are experiencing with managing the software assets.
Benefits Of Using Asset Discovery Tools
The following points explain the need for Application Discovery Tools:
- The level of security will be improved as Asset Discovery Tools can detect the unlicensed software modules. Unlicensed software is one of the ways for malware to enter into your network.
- Asset Discovery Tools regularly check the authenticity of software licenses and thereby prevent penalties.
- Asset Discovery Software helps IT managers in understanding network architecture. It will provide insights on installed assets, retired assets, license status, etc.
- Asset Discovery tools will help you with assessing the wastage of money by providing information about extra software, the lifespan of devices, unused licenses, and future asset requirements. It will help businesses in reducing hardware and software costs.
- Many businesses work with the concept of BYOD and thus give unauthorized access to several devices. Application Discovery tool will scan such connected devices for vulnerabilities.
Asset discovery software can provide the services of Asset Inventory, Continuous Monitoring and Dark Web Monitoring. Dark Web Monitoring will perform threat intelligence and proactive data leaks that includes stolen credentials, exposed documents, leaked source code, fake accounts in social networks, etc.
Continuous Monitoring will provide services like Website Security, Mobile Application Security, Malware & Black Lists Presence, etc.
List Of The Top Asset Discovery Tools
Enlisted below are the top IT Asset Discovery Software Tools that are available in the market.
- ImmuniWeb® Discovery
- SolarWinds Network Performance Monitor
- PRTG Network Monitor
- ManageEngine ServiceDesk Plus
- AT&T Cybersecurity
- Asset panda
- InvGate Assets
- MMSoft Pulseway
Comparison Of The Best Asset Discovery Software
|Best for||Features||Free trials||Price|
|ImmuniWeb||Small to large businesses, fits well for regulated industries and government.||Asset Inventory, Attack Surface Management (ASM), Security Ratings, & Dark Web Monitoring, etc.||You will get a demo for the product.||Starts at $99/month per organization.|
|SolarWinds Network Performance Monitor||Small to large businesses.||Intelligent Mapping, Wi-Fi Monitoring, Advanced Alerting, Critical Path Visualization, and Network Availability Monitoring, etc.||A fully functional free trial is available for 30 days.||It starts at $2995.|
|PRTG Network Monitor||Small to large businesses.||Monitor specific datasets from databases, Detailed statistics of all the applications, Monitoring servers, SNMP functionality, Real-time maps with live status information.||Available for 30 days.||The price for the PRTG license starts at $1600 and it includes 500 sensors and one server installation.|
|Virima||Small to large businesses, agencies, and startups.||Fast, agentless, & accurate discovery, ITAM, & ITSM.||Available for 30 days.||Get a quote.|
|ManageEngine ServiceDesk Plus||Small to large businesses.||IT Asset Inventory management, Asset discovery, Agent scanning, IT asset tracking, Software asset management, etc.||No||Standard, Professional, & Enterprise.
Get a quote.
Let’s see more details of these Application discovery tools.
#1) ImmuniWeb® Discovery (Best Overall)
=> Visit ImmuniWeb® Discovery Website
Best for: Small to large businesses.
Price: ImmuniWeb® Discovery has three pricing plans i.e. SMB ($99 per month), Corporate ($299 per month), and Corporate Pro ($999 per month), all of which include unlimited usage and are available for an unlimited number of digital assets, including cloud, mobile, and IoT.
ImmuniWeb® Discovery has powerful capabilities for Asset Inventory, Attack Surface Management (ASM), and Dark Web Monitoring. With other products available on the ImmuniWeb® AI Platform, it also provides AI-enabled application penetration testing for Web, API, and Mobile.
Digital Asset Inventory provides a helicopter view of all your digital assets including API & Web Services, Web Applications & Websites, Mobile Apps, Domains & SSL Certificates, Public Cloud Storage, Code Repositories, Publicly Accessible IoT Devices, NAS, etc.
- ImmuniWeb rapidly provides a consolidated overview of all your digital assets with actionable security ratings and risk scoring.
- ImmuniWeb illuminates your exposure on Dark Web by searching for breached and stolen credentials, leaked data, phishing & hacking campaigns, domain squatting and trademark infringements.
- ImmuniWeb fits well for self-assessment and third-party risk scoring, being a non-intrusive and production-safe technology based on OSINT.
- ImmuniWeb provides holistic security testing on your external assets, including compliance with GDRP, PCI DSS, OWASP, HIPAA and NIST compliance.
- ImmuniWeb runs Software Composition Analysis (SCA) on your external applications and detects outdated or vulnerable software with full coverage of Open Source Software (OSS).
Verdict: ImmuniWeb provides the best value for money if you are looking for Application Security Testing, Attack Surface Management or Dark Web Monitoring.
#2) SolarWinds Network Performance Monitor
Best for small to large businesses.
SolarWinds Network Performance Monitor Pricing: The price for Network Performance Monitor starts at $2995. A fully functional free trial is available for 30 days. The licenses are available in the range of $2995 to $33195.
SolarWinds provides the Network Performance Monitor to monitor network availability, critical path visualization, intelligent mapping, Wi-Fi Monitoring, and advanced alerting. It provides the Network Device Discovery with Network Performance Monitor. It will allow you to schedule automatic device discovery.
- Network Performance Monitor will automatically discover network devices.
- It will dynamically map your network topology. This feature will make the visual tracking of performance statistics easier.
- To monitor and troubleshoot network devices, you will be able to drill down to specific nodes to get the information like current node status, device information, average response time, packet loss, etc.
Verdict: It will be easier to find the devices on the network with Network Performance Monitor. You can select the network devices that need to be monitored and add them to the monitoring database.
#3) PRTG Network Monitor
Best for small to large businesses.
PRTG Network Monitor Pricing: You can try the unlimited version of PRTG for 30 days. After 30 days you will be reverted to the free version. The price for the PRTG license starts at $1600 and it includes 500 sensors and one server installation.
PRTG is the platform that can monitor all the systems, devices, traffic, and applications in your IT infrastructure. It will provide information on the bandwidth usage by your devices and applications. You will get alerts when PRTG will find the unusual metrics. It supports all important technologies such as SNMP, WMI, SSH, etc.
- You will be able to monitor specific datasets from databases with the help of individually configured PRTG sensors and SQL queries.
- It can provide detailed statistics of all the applications running in your environment.
- Any type of server can be monitored in real-time for availability, accessibility, capacity, and overall reliability.
- PRTG provides the SNMP functionality to monitor a diverse range of devices.
- It provides real-time maps with live status information.
Verdict: The platform will allow you to centrally monitor and manage all your cloud computing services from anywhere. It can be used to keep a track of the entire local network that can include workstations, routers, switches, servers, and printers.
Best for small to large businesses, agencies, and startups.
Price: Virima Technologies offers a free trial of 30 days for all three solutions. You can get a quote for its pricing details. As per the reviews, the price starts at $15000 per year.
Virima Technologies provides solutions for Asset Discovery, IT Asset Management, and IT Service Management.
IT asset discovery platform can be deployed on-premises or in the cloud. It has features of cloud asset management, agentless IT asset discovery, role-based access controls, customizable reports, and support for 90 languages. It is easy to implement a SaaS model.
- Virima will perform automatic discovery of OS details, installed software, and hardware configurations.
- It can provide the agent to perform local monitoring of Windows and Mac OS.
- It will perform deep scanning of physical and virtual installations of Windows, UNIX, Linux, and Mac.
- Using WML, SSH, SNMP, and custom probes it will perform agentless IT assets and configurations discovery.
- It will allow you to scan immediately or schedule a scan.
Verdict: Virima provides three SaaS solutions to help you with various IT challenges such as IT asset Discovery, App & Service Dependency Mapping, IT Service Management, Manage Cloud Environments, etc.
Best for small to large businesses.
Price: Qualys offers a free trial for its cloud platform for 30 days. Qualys Global IT Asset Inventory is available for free.
AssetView is the solution provided by Qualys for Asset Discovery. AssetView will perform Continuous Discovery by constantly gathering information about all assets. It will deploy the lightweight agent on assets to gather information such as installed software, existing vulnerabilities, and hardware details.
- Qualys will provide all the granular information about the asset.
- It will provide actionable information by detecting various issues such as unauthorized software, outdated or inexistent licenses, etc.
- It makes use of powerful elastic SearchEngine and thus it can refine ad-hoc queries through different criteria.
Verdict: Qualys can provide IT asset discovery for on-premises, cloud instances, and mobile endpoints after installing a cloud agent on all the devices. It is a scalable platform and has the capacity to work with millions of assets.
#6) ManageEngine ServiceDesk Plus
Best for small to large businesses.
Price: ManageEngine ServiceDesk is available in three pricing plans i.e. Standard, Professional, and Enterprise. Asset Explorer is available in three editions i.e. Free (Forever for 25 nodes), Trial (30 days fully functional), and Professional (Get a quote).
ManageEngine ServiceDesk Plus is an IT help Desk Software that provides the features of asset management with its Professional and Enterprise plans. It makes use of enhanced scanning techniques to discover Windows, Linux, Solaris, Mac, IBM-AI, VMHost machines, and IP devices.
ManageEngine provides a web-based IT Asset Management tool – AssetExplorer. It has the capability to monitor and manage assets in your network from planning to disposal phase. It will help you with software and hardware assets, tracking of purchase orders & contracts, etc.
- It provides functionalities for managing IT inventory across sites.
- For staying up to date on asset information you can schedule automated scans.
- It will allow you to schedule the auto-synchronization of asset data to the central ServiceDesk Plus Server. It can sync the data from remote locations.
- AssetExplorer can perform the tasks of IT Asset Inventory Management, Software License Management, Software Asset Management, Purchase Order Management, Asset Lifecycle Management, and Asset Tracking Software.
Verdict: ManageEngine ServiceDesk Plus makes the management easy by allowing you to assign imported assets to the respective sites. ServiceDesk solution is available in the cloud or on-premises.
Website: ManageEngine ServiceDesk Plus
Best for small to large companies.
Price: Lansweeper offers a free plan that includes all the features for unlimited users that are limited to 100 assets. The Enterprise plan can scan any number of assets and will cost you only $1 per asset per year.
Lansweeper is an IT asset discovery software. It will help you with finding and managing all assets across your organization. It can track hardware, software, and users. It performs agentless network discovery.
- Lansweeper agentless network discovery can discover physical, virtual, and cloud assets.
- It will keep an up-to-date network inventory.
- It will allow you to choose from over 450 ready-made network reports.
Verdict: This IT Asset Management solution will help you with managing & responding to risks, reporting on everything, checking hardware warranty data, ensuring software license compliance, and establishing asset relations for all users.
#7) AT&T Cybersecurity
Best for small to large businesses.
Price: AlienVault USM is available in three pricing plans i.e. Essentials (Starts at $1075 per month), Standard (Starts at $1695 per month), and Premium (Starts at $2595 per month). All these prices are for annual billing. A free trial is available for the USM Anywhere platform.
AlienVault is now available as AT&T Cybersecurity. AlienVault Unified Security Management (USM) platform will provide you insights on connected devices on the network and the instances running in the cloud environments.
- AlienVault USM has built-in asset discovery that will give you the information of assets on AWS, Azure, and on-premises environments.
- It can discover all IP-enabled devices and provides details such as software and services installed, vulnerabilities and active threats, and how they are configured.
- It provides features and functionalities for Network Asset Discovery, Passive Network Monitoring, and Cloud Asset Discovery.
Verdict: This platform will let you monitor cloud and on-premise environments such as AWS, Microsoft Azure, Microsoft Hyper-V, and VMWare through a single pane of glass.
Website: AT&T Cybersecurity
#8) Asset Panda
Best for medium to large businesses.
Price: The price starts at $1500 per year. You can get a quote for its pricing details as per your requirement.
Asset Panda provides the asset tracking solution with features like centralized asset database, no expensive scanners, cloud-hosted, good customer support, ease of use, and secure access.
The platform is available online as well as on mobile devices and hence you will be able to work from anywhere. It will be accessible on the devices you are already using. A mobile app is available for iPhone/iPad and Android phones.
- Asset Panda provides user-configurable views and custom reports.
- It provides custom API, and Data Export or Import facility.
- Assets can be added through a mobile app barcode scanning facility.
- It provides a wide range of features for transaction configurability.
- It will allow you to import data from spreadsheets.
- It provides customizable reports.
- It can be configured to fit your needs especially with the clients that have unique needs.
Verdict: To use the Asset Panda you will not require any hardware. It can be used from your smartphones and tablets. It provides flexible & automated reporting, free mobile apps, and a built-in mobile barcode scanner.
Website: Asset Panda
#9) InvGate Assets
Best for medium to large businesses.
Price: InvGate has three pricing plans i.e. InvGate Insight, InvGate Service Desk, and InvGate Assets. You can get a quote for its pricing details. Its platform can be tried for free for 30 days.
InvGate Assets is an IT asset management solution that will track and manage all the IT hardware and software. It will provide asset information by performing agent-based discovery, network discovery, and through third-party sources.
- It provides the features of Asset Inventory, Asset Monitoring, Software License Management, Network Discovery, Software Metering, and Software Development, etc.
- Remote Desktop feature will help you to provide help, resolve issues, and make manual changes (if required) by taking control of workstations.
- It can effectively track, plan, purchase, and manage your licenses.
- It will help you with IT Financials and Lifecycle.
Verdict: InvGate Assets is a perfect ITAM and Software Asset management tool. Its seamless integration with InvGate Service Desk will help you with issue resolution.
Website: InvGate Assets
#10) MMSoft Pulseway
Best for small to large businesses and freelancers.
Price: RMM platform offers three pricing plans i.e. Free, Starter, and Team. The price will change according to the number of servers and workstations. It will start at $2 per month for annual billing. The server price will be $2.59 per month and the workstation price will be $2.59 per month.
Pulseway provides a remote monitoring and management platform. It can be used by MSPs and IT professionals. It can monitor Windows, Linux, and Mac systems. Any application can be monitored by making use of the monitoring API. Pulseway provides solutions for Endpoint Protection, NOC, and Business Management.
- You can get scheduled and ad-hoc reports that provide operational and executive summaries.
- For Endpoint protection, it provides the features of Security Training and DNS protection.
- Network Operations Center will come with the features of 24*7 monitoring, remediation, and technical service desk.
- For business management, it provides the functionalities for Ticketing, CRM, and Project Management.
Verdict: Pulseway will provide details such as real-time status, system resources, logged in users, network performance, etc. It provides notifications through phone, email, and text. Network Operations Center will perform 24*7 monitoring of all devices.
Website: MMSoft Pulseway
With the help of the Asset discovery Tools, businesses can maximize ROI on IT assets.
From the overall score, ImmuniWeb is our top recommendation. The SolarWinds NPM, ManageEngine ServiceDesk Plus, Virima, and Qualys are also top solutions as application discovery tools.
Qualys Global IT Asset Inventory is available for free. Lansweeper offers a free plan but with a limited number of assets. ImmuniWeb offers affordable pricing plans.
You can choose the Asset Discovery software, based on your requirements, scope, price of the tool, and its usage monitoring capabilities.
Review Process: Our writers have spent 22 Hours for researching this article. Initially, we have shortlisted 17 tools but later, filtered out the list to the top 11 tools for your convenience.
We hope this article will help you with the selection of the right Asset Discovery Tools for your business.