The Comparison of the Best Free Android and iOS Mobile App Development Software Tools and Platforms to create stunning high-quality Mobile Apps for your Business:
App development software is an application that helps with the app development process by providing functionalities like IDE, code-free developments, templates, API, Data synchronization, and Analytics.
It helps in the faster development of the application. These tools provide APIs to ease the process of integration with backend services. It provides a visual development environment and makes the process of developing the software much easier.
It also provides features like hardware compatibility and assistance in workflow design. Many app development software can develop apps for desktops, mobile devices, and web browsers.
The below image will show you the Mobile App Development Process.
The app development platform is a complete suite of all required and interrelated tools. These tools allow the development of applications, deployment, and thereby update them. It has functionalities for all the phases of development like designing, coding, deployment, integration, testing, etc.
These tools provide the facility for upgrades, advertising, and marketing.
The below graph will show us the statistics about the worldwide App Store downloads.
What You Will Learn:
- List of Top App Development Software
- Comparison of Best App Development Platforms
- Compare and Select The Best Mobile App Development Provider and Save Time
- #1) Zoho Creator
- #2) AppMySite
- #3) AppyPie
- #4) AppSheet
- #5) Bizness Apps
- #6) Appery.io
- #7) iBuildApp
- #8) Shoutem
- #9) Rollbar
- #10) JIRA
- #11) AppInstitute
- #12) GoodBarber
- #13) Caspio
- #14) Microsoft Power Apps
- #15) Quixy
List of Top App Development Software
- Zoho Creator
- Bizness Apps
Comparison of Best App Development Platforms
|Software||Our Ratings||Best for||Platform||Deployment||Free trial||Price|
|Zoho Creator||5 Stars||Small, Medium, and Large Businesses.||Cloud-based, iOS, Android and PWA.||Cloud, On-premises & Azure.||15 days||Professional: $25/user/month billed annually,
Ultimate: $400/month billed annually.
|AppMySite||5 Stars||Small, Medium & Large businesses||Android & iOS||Cloud-based||Start for free||Starter: $9/mo
|AppyPie||5 Stars||Small, Medium & Large businesses.||Android, iOS, & PWA.||Cloud and On-Premises||14 days||Basic: C$18/ app/month,
Gold: C$36 /app/month, Premium: C$60/app/month. Enterprise: Get a quote.
|AppSheet||5 Stars||Small, Medium, and Large Businesses.||Windows, Mac, Linux.||On-Premises & SaaS||Start for free||Premium: $5/user/month
Business: Get a quote.
|Bizness Apps||4.7 Stars||Small & Medium Businesses.||Android, iPhone, & Web-based||On-Premises & SaaS||30 days||Small businesses: $99 per month,
|Appery.io||4.8 Stars||Medium and Large businesses||Windows, Mac, iPhone, Android, & Web-based.||Cloud-hosted & Open API.||14 days for Pro Plan||Pro: $99 per month.
Team: $200 per month.
Enterprise: Get a quote.
|iBuildApp||4.5 stars||Small & Medium businesses, & Agencies.||Windows, iPhone, Android, Web App.||--||15 days money-back guarantee.||Company: $250/month, Business: $59.40/month,
Enterprise: Starts at $20000/year.
Let’s start with a detailed review of each platform.
Compare and Select The Best Mobile App Development Provider and Save Time
Fill out this short form to get the specific FREE recommendation for your needs:
#1) Zoho Creator
Best for Developing apps 10x faster. Build web, iOS, and Android apps for your business.
Zoho Creator is a low-code platform that enables the rapid development and delivery of web and mobile applications. You no longer have to write endless lines of code to build an application.
With over 7 million users worldwide and 6 million apps, our platform is powerful and flexible to adapt to your business needs. Zoho Creator has been featured in Gartner Magic Quadrant for Enterprise Low-Code Application Platforms (LCAP), 2020.
- Create more applications with less effort.
- Connect your business data and collaborate across teams.
- Create insightful reports.
- Gain instant access to mobile apps.
- Uncompromising security.
Verdict: Build native mobile apps faster with Zoho Creator's cross-platform app builder. Create apps on the web, publish and use them on your iOS and Android devices. No extra effort.
Best for Small, medium & large businesses, Agencies & Freelancers.
Price: AppMySite offers a Preview plan that is free for a lifetime. Customers can upgrade to pay per app or get a plan for creating unlimited apps. There are separate plans for different products like Web to App (Starts at $9), WordPress to App (Starts at $9), and WooCommerce to App (Starts at $19). Each plan offers monthly, yearly, and lifetime options.
AppMySite is a complete app development tool for all. Anyone can create powerful and feature-rich apps instantly without coding. Bring endless app design ideas to life and preview each step on a live emulator.
Connect your website and app and auto-populate data to save hours’ worth of effort. Point and click to add endless features like push notifications, chat, and more. Build and deploy apps on Google Play & Apple App Store and push app updates with a click.
- Build app in minutes and preview on a live screen.
- Support for all CMS platforms and web development technologies.
- Deep integration with WordPress & WooCommerce.
- Connect app with website and auto-populate data.
- Support for multiple features like analytics, monetization, etc.
- Support for any industry like eCommerce, education, etc.
- Create and manage multiple apps with your team.
- No limit on app traffic and app downloads.
Platform: Android and iOS
Customer Support: Email and Chat
Verdict: AppMySite is an all-inclusive platform that enables users to create enterprise-grade native Android and iOS apps in minutes without coding. Feature-loaded apps for any industry or website can be designed, built, and deployed in no time.
Best for Small, Medium & Large businesses.
Price: AppyPie offers a free trial for 14 days on all the plans. For SMBs, it has three monthly subscription plans i.e. Basic (C$18 per app per month), Gold (C$36 per app per month), and Premium (C$60 per app per month). Yearly subscription plans are also available. You can contact the company for details about the Enterprise plans.
AppyPie will help you to build apps for multiple purposes. It has a wide range of app builders, right from Payment app builders to Worship app makers. There will be no need to resubmit the app after making the changes. It has an app builder for small businesses, a restaurant app builder, a real estate app maker, a radio app builder, and much more.
- It has a radio app builder.
- It has a Prototyping tool for Android and iPhone.
- It will provide app analytics.
- It has multiple features like IAP, push messages, GPS, etc.
- The platinum plan will allow you to remove AppyPie branding.
Deployment: Cloud and On-Premises
Platform: Windows, Mac, & Linux.
Max Disk Space: 600 MB
Monthly bandwidth: 12 GB
Customer support: Email, Chat, & Phone.
Verdict: Each app builder will come with certain features as per the specific needs of that app. With the Enterprise plan there will be unlimited bandwidth and disk space. It is easy to use as no programming skills are required. There is no development mode and it doesn’t support web development.
Recommended Reading => Exclusive list of the Top Quantum App Development Companies
Best for Small, Medium, and Large Businesses.
Price: AppSheet is free for apps made for personal use or for a single user. It has three pricing plans i.e. Premium ($5 per user per month), Pro ($10 per user per month), and Business (Get a quote). The Business plan is for mission-critical enterprise apps. AppSheet will allow you to start for free with Premium and Pro plans.
With AppSheet you will be able to deliver an app that is rich in the feature set. It is a no-code development platform and will allow you to develop and deploy multi-platform supported apps.
Enterprise solutions, it has features for Shared Innovation, Team Collaboration, Security & Governance, and Lifecycle Management.
- Background data syncing and offline mode.
- It provides functionalities for optimizing the performance and controlling the app life cycle.
- AppSheet will give you centralized management and increased productivity.
- With all the plans, it provides the features of custom branding and format rules.
Deployment: Cloud & On-Premises
Platform: Windows, Mac, Linux.
Verdict: AppSheet provides you the functionalities for customizing the apps with features like GPS & maps, Image Capture, Barcode Scanner, Signature Capture, etc. It can provide customized platform training and priority support.
#5) Bizness Apps
Best for small & medium businesses and freelancers.
Price: Bizness Apps has an individual plan for small businesses for $99 per month. There are three other reseller plans i.e. Standard ($300 per month), Gold ($360 per month), and Platinum ($400 per month).
It will allow you to build native iOS and Android apps. No need to have programming knowledge with Bizness Apps as it provides a Drag-and-drop app builder.
It provides premium add-ons like Private App Store, Signature, Multiple Language Support, and group management. It has a simple and easy-to-understand design engine.
- You can access a google fonts library to select a font from over 800 fonts.
- It has ready templates for different industries and a set of 1000 icons.
- It has features for marketing, technology, and design.
- It provides 20 App Credits, App Integrations, Unlimited PWAs,
- For building, it provides features like Messages, Menu, Info-1-Tire, Info-2-Tire, Info-3-Tire, Mailing list, etc.
Deployment: Cloud & On-premises
Platform: Windows, Mac, & Linux.
Customer support: email (24*7) and Phone.
Verdict: Bizness Apps provides features like App analytics, Signature, and location-based push notifications. With the Platinum plan, you will get features like App Design Services, Digital Marketing Assessments, and App Promotional Materials. As per the reviews, it doesn’t support Web app development.
Website: Bizness Apps
Best for medium and large businesses.
Price: Appery.io has three pricing plans i.e. Pro ($99 per month), Team ($200 per month), and Enterprise (Get a quote). Yearly plans are also available. It provides a free trial of 14 days for the Pro plan.
This low-code development platform is for developing hybrid mobile apps, web apps, and PWAs. Apps built are compatible with all popular devices and platforms. Appery.io will allow you to integrate your existing backend with your app. It provides the facility to import and use backend services in the app builder instantly.
- It provides features for team management.
- It allows 50K to 200K platform API calls per month.
- It provides the facility of App backup with all the pricing plans.
- The Enterprise plan, it provides facilities like Enterprise-grade-SLAs, Private deployment, Account Management, etc.
- It supports customization and advanced development through custom UI components, writing custom JS or CSS, advanced storage layer, source code editing, model-based data structure, etc.
Platform: Cross-platform development.
Max Storage: 15 GB
Verdict: It has collaboration features for teams that will allow you to share apps in the browser and devices. It is suitable for programmers as well as non-programmers. It provides support to multiple frameworks like Ionic and Angular.
Best for small & medium businesses, and Agencies.
Price: iBuildApp offers a 15 day money-back guarantee for all the plans. It has three pricing plans i.e. Company ($250 per month), Business ($59.40 per month), and Enterprise (Starts at $20000 per year).
With iBuildApp, there will be no limitation on the number of customers using your developed app. 25 app features will help you to engage customers. It allows you to edit and update the app at any time.
- Coupons and loyalty cards will help you to get repeated customers.
- It provides a promotional toolkit.
- Push Notifications.
- It allows you to create a custom feature.
- It supports App development for multiple industries like Healthcare, Radio Station, Event Planning, School & College, Restaurant Management, etc.
- It provides more than 1000 design templates.
Customer support: 24*5 full support.
Platform: It can develop an app for iPhone, Android, and Tablet devices.
Verdict: It provides features like integration with Zapier, content management, Google Maps Apps, Audio player, etc. It also has features like lead tracking, Menu App, Event App Management Software, etc.
Best for small to large businesses.
Price: Shoutem provides a free trial. It has three pricing plans i.e. Basic ($22.90 per month), Advanced ($58.90 per month), and Unlimited ($139.90 per month).
Shoutem is a Mobile App creator. It provides a drag-and-drop app designer. It can provide you with a preview in the native preview app. It provides a Re-Publish facility free of charge.
- It provides various Monetization features like E-commerce, Mobile Advertising, Promoting Local Business, and many more.
- Multiple content sources are supported.
- Automated publishing facility to iTunes and Google Play.
- It provides analytics to analyze your user behavior and helps you to optimize your app.
- It can be integrated with WordPress, Drupal, Ning, Facebook, and Twitter.
Platform: iOS and Android
Verdict: Shoutem will make efforts to update the app binary and thereby it will remain updated with the OS versions. Shoutem API will help you to sync your database. It also provides a facility for custom content modules.
Best for small & medium businesses.
Price: Rollbar provides a free trial for 14 days. There are four pricing plans i.e. Free, Essentials (Starts at $41 per month), Advanced (Starts at $83 per month), and Enterprise (Get a quote). The free plan is for hobbies and side projects. You will get all the features of the ‘Essentials plan’ except for the on-demand events.
Rollbar supports all popular languages and frameworks. The tool will help in root cause analysis by tracing the stack. It can trace all the data that you have to debug including request params, local var values, browsers, IPs, etc.
- You will get real-time visibility of errors.
- It has a feature of proactive triaging. This feature will allow you to assign owners to errors or you will be able to create a ticket in your issue tracking tool and this ticket will get resolved once the error gets resolved.
- It provides strong security by protecting your data with encryption at rest.
Deployment: Cloud and On-Premise.
Platform: Mac, Win, Linux.
Verdict: Rollbar provides seamless integration with the tools that you are using. It supports all programming languages and frameworks.
Best for small, medium, and large businesses.
Price: JIRA offers a free trial of 7 days for a Cloud solution. For the cloud-based solution, it will cost you $10 per month (10 users). The on-premises solution, you can try it for 30 days. For the on-premises solution, you will have to pay $10 for the server (10 users) as a one-time payment. For Data Centers, the price will be $12000 per year for 500 users.
JIRA is a tool for agile teams that will help them in project management. It can be integrated with other developer tools. The tool will allow you to customize the workflow. Custom filters can also be created using JIRA Query Language.
- It has customizable scrum boards.
- It has flexible Kanban boards.
- Roadmap feature will allow you to draw big pictures and communicate plans.
- Agile reporting with real-time insights.
Verdict: JIRA provides mobile apps. It can be used for creating user stories, sprint planning, distributing tasks across teams, prioritizing and discussing the team’s work, and releasing the software. It provides real-time visual reports that will help to improve team performance.
Best for small businesses.
Price: A free trial is available for the product. It offers four pricing plans i.e. AppBuilder ($60 per month), AppBuilder Pro ($95 per month), AppBuilder Pro+ ($120 per month), and Reseller (Starts at $400 per month).
AppInstitute will allow you to create apps for various industries like Beauty salons, Radio stations, Sports & Fitness, coffee shops, etc. It has a drag-and-drop app builder. It provides guidance for launching, promoting, and marketing your apps.
- You will get full brand control.
- You will be able to provide a calendar and booking system for adding events.
- You will be able to provide rich media on a regular basis.
- It also has features like Push notifications & Messages, Social Media Integrations, Geo Listings, Loyalty Program, Online Payments, etc.
Customer Support: It provides Online Chat Support.
Verdict: For App Marketing, it provides resources like an app promo website or social sharing tools. It will help you with hassle-free app publishing.
Best for small, medium, and large businesses.
Price: GoodBarber has four pricing plans i.e. Android Standard ($40 per month), Android Full ($60 per month), iOS Premium ($115 per month), and Native reseller ($240 per month). It offers a free trial for 30 days.
GoodBarber is a tool for developing news app, business app, and community app. It has monetization features. It will allow developers to integrate the required features to the app. It also has features for user authentication.
- Manual or scheduled push notifications.
- It has features like beacons, couponing, loyalty cards, chat, CMS, and Notifications.
- It has 8 separate sections for Articles, Videos, Photos, Sound, Map, Forum, and Calendar.
- For advertising, it will allow you to connect with an external platform or create your own.
- It can be broadcasted everywhere regardless of the screen size.
- It supports loyalty cards, coupons, and club cards.
Platform: iOS, Android, and PWA.
Unlimited traffic and Unlimited downloads.
Verdict: GoodBarber supports the live broadcasting of audio and video content. It supports push notifications for the web as well. For push notifications, it supports Chrome desktop & Android, Firefox desktop & Android, and Safari Desktop.
Best for small, medium, and large businesses.
Price: Caspio offers four basic plans and three business plans. Both basic and business plans include unlimited users. Four basic plans are Free, Explore ($36.25 per month), Build ($198.75), and Grow ($498.75 per month). Business plans are Silver ($1875 per month), Gold ($3125 per month), and Platinum ($4375 per month). A free trial is available for all the plans.
Caspio is a low code app development platform. It is for building database applications.
It is an all in one platform for creating database applications with features of visual application builder and powerful cloud database. It is a powerful, secure, and compliant platform. The tool provides interactive web-based reports.
- The application can be created in any language (Global Localization).
- It runs on AWS Infrastructure.
- Built-in integration is provided for various services like Microsoft Office Plugin and Google app Authentication.
- It supports Microsoft SQL Server as a backend.
- No need to have coding or development skills.
Deployment: Cloud & On-Premises.
Platform: Windows, Mac, Linux.
Verdict: The solution is provided for industries like Healthcare, Media, Government, Education, Non-Profit, and Consulting. It gives you the freedom to deploy anywhere. Developed applications can be deployed on any website.
#14) Microsoft Power Apps
Best for small, medium, and large businesses.
Price: Microsoft Power Apps offers subscription and pay-as-you-go pricing models. There are 2 subscription options: per app plan ($5 per user/app/month, one app per user) and per user plan ($20 per user/month with unlimited apps). Per user plan can be explored for free for 30 days. The pay-as-you-go plan is available with Azure subscription and charges $10 per active user/app/month.
Offering rapid development environment with a professional-grade toolset, Microsoft Power Apps lets citizen and professional developers build tailored apps that can address even the most complex business needs. The platform makes it possible to create robust apps with rich business logic and unmatched user experience 2-3x faster, reducing the development cost by up to 74%.
Power Apps is consistently recognized as a leading low-code development platform by Gartner and the Forrester Wave. Appraised for its advanced capabilities and ease of use, the product is leveraged by 86% of Fortune 500 companies.
- A flexible drag-and-drop editor to build branded apps with unique design and functionality from ready-made templates or a blank canvas.
- Multiple prebuilt templates with forms, views, charts, and dashboards to create process-driven apps (e.g., CRM, asset management) based on data models.
- Integration with custom code components built in other frameworks (e.g., React, Angular) to create rich UI.
- Unified interface enabling consistent user experience for any device: desktop, laptop, phone, tablet.
- Seamless integration with 280+ data sources, including Microsoft products (e.g., SharePoint, Office 365, OneDrive), 3rd party systems, and social media.
- On-premises data gateway that enables secure transfer of on-premises data to the platform.
- Advanced data security: multi-factor authentication, version tracking, user access controls, audit trail.
- Extensive AI capabilities: prebuilt AI models (e.g., for document processing, custom object detection, data extraction and classification) and custom AI models.
- Compliance with the region- and industry-specific regulations, including GDPR, SOX, and HIPAA.
Deployment: Cloud & On-premises
Platform: Windows, iOS, Android, web-based.
Verdict: Microsoft Power Apps is an all-inclusive tool suite for building custom apps and portals of any type and complexity. The product allows its users to fully determine app logic and design, helping companies achieve transformative business results.
To reach the full potential of Power Apps, approach seasoned consultants such as ScienceSoft. A Microsoft Solution Partner, ScienceSoft expertly leverages Power Apps capabilities to turn its customers’ ideas into highly efficient business software and provides practical guidance on platform usage.
Best for Small to Large Enterprises.
Solution: Starts from $1000/month billed annually.
Platform: $20/user/month billed annually and starts with 20 users.
Enterprise: Contact the Company
Enterprises use Quixy's cloud-based no-code platform to empower their business users (citizen developers) to automate workflows and build simple to complex enterprise-grade applications for their custom needs up to ten times faster. All without writing any code.
Quixy helps eliminate manual processes and quickly turn ideas into applications making business more innovative, productive, and transparent. Users can start from scratch or customize pre-built apps from the Quixy app store in minutes.
- Build the app interface the way you want it by dragging and dropping 40+ form fields including a rich text editor, e-signature, QR-Code scanner, Facial Recognition widget, and much more.
- Model any process and build simple complex workflows be it sequential, parallel or conditional with an easy-to-use visual builder. Configure notifications, reminders, and escalations for each step in the workflow.
- Seamlessly integrate with 3rd party applications through ready-to-use connectors, Webhooks, and API Integrations.
- Deploy apps with a single click and make changes on the fly with no downtime. Ability to use on any browser, any device even in offline mode.
- Live actionable Reports and Dashboards with an option to export data in multiple formats and schedule automated delivery of reports through multiple channels.
- Enterprise-ready with ISO 27001 and SOC2 Type2 Certification and all enterprise features including Custom Themes, SSO, IP filtering, On-Premise deployment, White-Labelling, etc.
Platform: Windows, Mac, Android, and iOS.
Verdict: Quixy is a completely visual and easy-to-use No-Code Application Development platform. Businesses can automate processes across departments using Quixy. It will help you to build simple to complex custom enterprise applications faster and with lower costs without writing any code.
AppyPie provides a wide range of solutions for building apps. AppSheet is a no-code development platform that will help you to develop and deploy multi-platform supported apps. Bizness Apps is for building native iOS and Android apps.
Shoutem is a mobile app creator. Rollbar supports all popular languages and frameworks and has features for root cause analysis. JIRA is a popular project management tool for agile teams. AppInstitute will provide you a full brand control.
GoodBarber provides various features and functionalities for developing news app, business apps, and community apps. Caspio is an all-in-one platform for building database applications.
AppSheet, Shoutem, JIRA, Caspio, GoodBarber, and Rollbar have affordable pricing rates. Rollbar provides a free plan and iBuildApp provides a money-back guarantee.
Hope this article will help you in selecting the right App Development Software.