List of the Top Trello Alternatives with Detailed Comparison of Features:
Have you ever felt the need for any tool for organizing your personal projects? Or Do you find organizing your tasks, team members, and goals to be a stressful task?
Project Management is really a stressful task to be done. We always expect a better solution, when we are lying on the top of any problem.
An essential and efficient tool for task management enables you to develop coordination between your team and thereby helps you to organize your tasks seamlessly.
Introduction to Trello
Trello is considered to be one of the most powerful project management tools that are used for an individual as well as group Project Management. Its salient features such as boards, cards, and power-ups help one to organize, administer, and integrate the project.
The best part of it is that Trello boards are further categorized into lists and each list contains cards for a specific project. Now, each card can be easily identified as we can denote them with a label for easier search.
Features of Trello
A board is defined as a project which is to be organized and managed by the Trello users. Typically, it's the parent class for many sub-classes of a particular project. They are used to create checklists, add attachments like images, mock-ups’, sketches, charts, etc.
In addition, it also defines the flow of cards between the lists. Let's say a product manager, will create the following board to set up and differentiate various tasks related to that product.
Furthermore, the above-defined board is now sub-categorized into lists to perform each task effectively. Each list represents the stage of progress for the corresponding board.
Progress shows the following result:
- The task to be done.
- The activity currently in progress.
- The task executed (finished).
In this case, suppose a product manager creates different product lists under a single board.
A card is the most flexible part where the work gets done. The card lets you attach images, upload documents, give labels, assign tasks to assignees, and notify us with a due date and time.
In the workflow of Trello, the card represents a single task (to do, in progress, executed). In addition, the best thing about the card is that it can be moved between the lists and one can also talk about the task at hand.
That's not all…
Trello app also lets you create a team for your board, by letting you organize your company, personal projects as well as others stuff.
Trello mainly provides free service to its customers and users. It lets you create n number of boards, lists, and cards per user. One can attach or upload up to 10 Mb files from their local computers or from server databases like One Drive, Dropbox, or Google Drive.
Trello Paid Versions
It offers three different types of paid versions as mentioned below.
#1) Trello Business Class
This paid version of Trello is intended to support multi-user teams. It gives you control and more security over those who can access boards.
- Monitor team activities across the board.
- Integrate your favorite apps right into your boards.
- Administrative control for security.
- Unlimited Team Boards and Power-ups.
- Export data in bulk.
- Add members in bulk through Google account.
- Deactivate members whenever you wish to.
- 250 Mb per file attachment.
- Customize your background and add stickers.
- Email notifications.
Trello Business class costs $9.99 per month.
#2) Trello Gold
Gold version enables an individual user to gain access to the premium features for taking their work to the next level.
- Premium stickers and customized background.
- 250 Mb per file attachment.
- Three power-ups on any single board.
- Saved Searches
Trello Gold costs $5 per month and $45 annually.
#3) Trello Enterprise
Trello Enterprise focuses on the use of Large Scale Enterprises which requires higher security, flexibility, and integrity. Businesses with more diverse needs can opt for it as it provides authentication of user and encryption of files.
It has the same features as Trello Business Class with more:
- Power up administration
- Personalized Boarding
- Single Sign-on for all SAML IdPs
- Intrusion detection
The pricing for Trello Enterprise varies according to the number of users. Till 100 users it costs $20.83 and decreases as the number of user increases.
What You Will Learn:
Best Trello Alternatives For Productive Teams
Here's the deal:
There are many options available other than the Trello. Trello provides features for project management. But it is not intended to support complex business projects. It lacks features like Built-in budget management and time tracking features.
If your business is more complex or if you need features according to your business, then you can opt one from the several options listed below. Choose the right app which best suits your business type.
Paymo is a trusted website with more than 50000 freelancers as declared by Paymo itself. Although Paymo also provides free services to the freelancers for Project Management, its paid services are powerful enough to boast a community.
It helps it's users to collaborate with the team as well as it allows time tracking feature and manages the project from start till end. That's the reason why Paymo is more trusted by merchants, large scale enterprises, web designers, and freelancers. Paymo gives prime focus to the overall performance without compromising the quality.
- Time Tracking feature offers automatic time tracker to record the time spent on a project.
- Desktop apps like search function can be used to find a task or edit the existing time record entry.
- Mobile apps feature enables you to work offline and changes are made automatically to your synchronized account when connected to the internet.
- Timesheets help you to visualize the data in calendar style with month, week and day views.
- File Storage keeps all data and information at one place, you can also download and preview the data in your browser.
Paymo is available for free to freelancers but it also includes paid versions for small offices and large business.
It offers two paid plans:
Why use Paymo over Trello?
- Paymo includes time tracking features which make it more convenient and versatile to use.
- Thousands of large scale enterprises like Edris, Acilia, Apollo, Agenzia, Keyzo and many more use Paymo daily.
- Why use several apps when you can get all things in one app.
- Manages projects from start to finish.
- Stores all the data at one place so it can be accessed anytime.
Taskworld was created and founded by Fred Mouawad. This app is a cloud-based collaboration platform designed to facilitate task and project management, communication through messages, measure performance and provide metrics for evaluation of team progress.
- This app includes a chat application feature for the group and team messages as well as for private and direct messages.
- Interactive dashboard for creating multiple tasks set due dates, and monitor progress.
- Time Tracking feature is also available.
- Hierarchical project management including project group, project, task list, task, and checklist.
Taskworks offers two plans:
Why use Taskworld over Trello?
- Dedicated server in your own Virtual Private Cloud(VPC).
- Advanced privacy settings.
- Up to 100 Gb of storage.
- Chat application for team collaboration and private messages.
- Unlimited workspace for large scale enterprises.
If you want to take your enterprise to the next level, and want to empower new methodologies to achieve specific goals then Clarizen is the best alternative for Trello.
It supports different working styles in an enterprise to gain autonomy. Along with that, it responds quickly for real-time interaction and purposeful collaboration which thereby makes it a better alternative to Trello.
- Support languages include French, Japanese, German, English, Spanish, Chinese and much more.
- Ideal software for mid-sized to large scale enterprises.
- Collaborative project management.
- Suitable for many industrial areas.
Not revealed on the website or any other platform. One has to make a request for pricing, a form has to be filled and the quotation will be delivered to your mail account.
Clarizen offers two editions:
- Enterprise Edition provides limited access to many features.
- Unlimited Edition provides unlimited access according to needs.
Why use Clarizen over Trello?
- Clarizen focuses more on executing business strategies.
- Speed and agility.
- Real-time information for providing autonomy and empowerment.
- Methodologies which support different working styles.
Basically, Asana was introduced to replace emails for work and team collaboration. Asana focuses more on workflow management between the teams and is a very beneficial software for small enterprises.
It also lets you add followers, comments, and tags. One great thing about this software is that it allows group discussions with multiple workspaces.
- Interactive custom dashboards with calendars.
- Great pricing for premium plans.
- Notifications and reminders for more reliability.
- Focus mode with individual task lists and sub-task management
- Easy communication portal with inbox for messages.
Asana is available for free but with a total limit of 15 people only.
Asana offers four plans:
Why use Asana over Trello?
- Asana is more appealing when you compare the actual benefits of both.
- Although the accessibility of Trello is good, Asana works great with bigger projects.
- In addition, Asana works better with dependency management.
Wrike is a powerful tool including Gantt charts to view data and schedule project. It is easily adjustable to keep each and everyone on track.
You can prioritize your goals, tasks, etc., straight in sight. Loaded with high-performance robust features, it makes managing task simple and straight forward.
- Live Chat application for more integrity.
- Defining Straight forward goals into sight.
- Organized File Management.
- Gantt charts to visualize data.
Wrike offers five different plans:
Why use Wrike over Trello?
- The power of simplicity makes it more interactive than Trello.
- Another reason is templates, which make Wrike more reliable.
- One stop for all your work.
This software is an open source API system, which makes it completely different from Trello. Open source API means any third party or virtual network can connect to ProofHub.
Well, it has a nice and clean interface which includes effective features to handle and manage your project at one stop. However, it is well suited for mid-large scale enterprises.
- Enable White-labelling feature to give your project the same look and feel like your company.
- Restrict IP address of those whom you don't want to give access.
- You can transfer your account ownership to anyone you wish.
- Share responsibilities to each and every team member as and when needed.
ProofHub offers two pricing plans:
Why use ProofHub over Trello?
- Restore your data if you accidentally delete them.
- App notifications for a reminder.
- Features like templates live chat, notes, time tracking, etc. make it more functional.
This software is best suited for various marketing teams for web-based project management and time tracking. Hence many digital marketing teams use Brightpod to organize their tasks and develop clarity among them.
- Track your projects visually to compare the progress.
- Manage your social media campaigns and content in one place.
- Archive your backup within 30 days.
- Auto-save mode
Brightpod offers four plans:
Why use Brightpod over Trello?
- If you are a Digital Marketer or if have any marketing team, then Brightpod is best suitable for you.
- Brightpod provides 24/7 live reporting for projects.
- Auto-saving and archiving of personal as well as project data.
#8) Zoho Projects
Zoho Projects is another cloud-based project management system that is mostly used by small-mid scale enterprises.
It will allow you to track log issues, define custom workflow and fix issues instantly. Zoho enables its users to manage their documents on the go with the help of its online document tools.
- Zoho Analytics add-on for more insights for a project.
- Automation and customization.
- Time tracking sheets, hours planned, invoice, and calendar.
- Get notified for issues by email.
Zoho includes four pricing plans:
Why use Zoho Projects over Trello?
- Unlike Trello, Zoho is designed to work with third-party applications and add-ons. You don't need to design your custom plugin.
- Zoho supports email, live chat, phone, and other corresponding applications but Trello doesn't.
- Zoho specifically focuses on getting your project done faster instead of just collaborating teams.
Website: Zoho Projects
Every business wants different types of project management and collaboration software. In order to meet those requirements, one has to assess various tools, its features, pricing, reviews, and many other factors to find the ideal match.
Hope you are now familiar with Trello and its alternatives. Now let us see which tool should be used under different scenarios.
If you are a freelancer or any merchant or if you are running an enterprise, and you want powerful performance without compromising the quality factor, then Paymo is the best option. It offers several features at affordable prices. This tool can be used by freelancers, merchants, and small as well as large scale enterprises.
Taskworld and Zoho Projects are both cloud-based software. While Zoho is designed to work with a third-party application, Taskworld works on dedicated VPC (Virtual Private Cloud). Both this software provides an advanced security system with several features and they are suitable for mid-large scale enterprises.
If you want your software to support different international languages and different working styles, Clarizen stands out to be the best among others. It is often used by mid-size to large scale enterprises. Software like Wrike and ProofHub are required by the organization seeking high-end performance and robust features to simplify managing tasks.
ProofHub is an open source API which means any third party can connect with Proofhub, Wrike lets you prioritize your tasks, goals, and activities. Both the software are used by the mid-large scale enterprises and they are a bit costly.
The other two tools Asana and Brightpod have different concerns but are designed to meet the requirements of small enterprises.
Asana focuses more on workflow management and on the other hand Brightpod is essential for various marketing teams. If you want easy communication with an inbox, and features like followers, tags, and comments, Asana is a great option.
Brightpod software is used by different marketing teams with features like Auto-save mode, keeping track of performance, and for managing social media campaigns at one place.
Hope this article helped you to find a better tool for your business, based on your requirements.