List & Comparison of The Most Popular RMM Software Tools. Select The Best Remote Monitoring And Management Tool Based on Your Business Requirements:
Remote Monitoring and Management Software is an application for Managed IT Service Providers who proactively and remotely monitors client endpoints, networks, and computers.
It can be categorized into two types i.e. cloud-based and on-premises. This article will give you a detailed explanation of the Top Remote Monitoring And Management Tools (RMM Software Tools) that are used worldwide.
What You Will Learn:
- Functions Of RMM Software
- Benefits Of RMM Tools
- List Of The Top Remote Monitoring & Management Tools
Functions Of RMM Software
RMM tool can collect useful data about client software, hardware & networks, track network & system’s health, and monitor multiple endpoints and clients. It can provide the activity reports and data to MSP. In case of any problem, it can generate alerts and tickets.
Channel Pro Network has researched the use of RMM tools and it came with the results as shown in the graph below.
RMM software will help you with automating the routine tasks like software patching and OS updates. This functionality is particularly helpful if you have to push updates to large batches of machines. For automating the tasks, some tools support writing scripts, some will allow customizing the pre-built scripts, or some provide drag-and-drop editors.
With the help of RMM tools, managed service providers can provide proactive and comprehensive endpoints management to its clients.
Benefits Of RMM Tools
- Automation of IT processes.
- Technicians can resolve issues without being physically present.
- Improved productivity.
- Reduced cost.
List Of The Top Remote Monitoring & Management Tools
Enlisted below is the list of the most popular RMM tools that are used worldwide.
- SolarWinds RMM
- ManageEngine Desktop Central MSP
- Paessler PRTG
- Comodo One
- ConnectWise Automate
- Kaseya VSA
- Ninja RMM
- ManageEngine ServiceDesk Plus
Comparison Of The Best RMM Software Solutions
|Best for||Platform||Deployment||Free Trial||Price|
|SolarWinds RMM||Small to large businesses & Freelancers.||Windows, Mac, & Linux.||Cloud-hosted & on-premises.||30 days||Get a Quote|
|NinjaRMM||Small to medium-sized businesses & freelancers.||Windows, Mac, Linux, iOS, & Android.||On-premises and Cloud-based||Available for 30 days||Get a quote|
|Atera||Small to large IT service businesses, internal IT, and freelancers.||Windows, Mac, Linux, Android, and iOS devices||--||30 days||Get a Quote|
|RemotePC||Business size||Windows, Mac, & Linux||Cloud & Web||Available for 30 days for premium plans.||Consumer: $22.12 first year
SOHO: $52.12 first year
Team: $187.12-first year
Enterprise: $374.62-first year.
|Continuum||Enterprise-grade MSPs||--||--||Demo available||Get a Quote|
|Comodo One||Small businesses||Windows, Mac, & Linux.||Cloud-hosted||No||Free|
|ConnectWise Automate||Small & Medium-sized businesses||Windows||Cloud-hosted & On-premises||Available||Get a Quote|
|Kaseya VSA||Small to large businesses.||Windows, Mac, Linux, iOS & Android.||--||Available||Get a quote|
#1) SolarWinds RMM
Best for small to large businesses and freelancers.
SolarWinds RMM Pricing: SolarWinds offers a free trial for the product. You can get a quote for its pricing details.
SolarWinds RMM provides you a set of tools with which you will be able to secure, maintain, and improve IT in a single dashboard. It includes features like network discovery, remote access, reports, etc. It supports remote monitoring of desktops, laptops, servers, mobiles, etc., across various OS such as Windows, Mac, and Linux.
- It has features of Password Management.
- The documentation Manager will help you with standardizing the client documentation.
- It can perform remote monitoring for Virtual machines, Network devices, and mobile devices.
- It provides data-driven insights on security, efficiency, and site blacklists.
- It has features of security monitoring, alerts & performance, granular roles & permissions, and automation and bulk actions.
Verdict: It provides many more features like patch management, backup & recovery, automation & scripting, etc. in a single platform.
Best for Managed service providers (MSPs), IT service businesses, and SMBs / mid-market companies with small IT departments.
NinjaRMM Pricing: NinjaRMM offers a free trial of their product. Ninja is priced on a per-device basis based on the features needed.
NinjaRMM provides intuitive endpoint management software for managed service providers (MSPs) and IT professionals to proactively manage IT issues, from anywhere.
With Ninja, you get a complete set of tools to monitor, manage, secure, and improve all of your network devices and Windows and Mac workstations, laptops, and servers regardless of their location.
- Monitor all your Windows and MacOS workstations, laptops, and servers.
- Remotely manage all your devices without interrupting end-users through a robust suite of remote tools.
- Automate OS and third-party application patching for Windows and MacOS devices.
- Standardize the deployment, configuration, and management of devices with powerful IT automation.
- Directly take control of devices with remote access.
Verdict: NinjaRMM has built a powerful, intuitive IT management platform that drives efficiency, reduces ticket volumes, improves ticket resolution times, and that IT pros love to use.
#3) ManageEngine Desktop Central MSP
ManageEngine Desktop Central MSP is a remote monitoring and management (RMM) software for managed service providers to assist them in managing their client’s desktops, servers, laptops, and mobile devices from a central location. It is suitable for small, medium, as well as large MSPs.
- It supports the entire endpoint management life cycle for Windows, Mac, Linux, iOS, Android, tvOS and Chrome OS.
- The billing feature of Desktop Central MSP helps an IT admin in managing bill payments effortlessly.
- It supports patching for over 850 applications – including third-party apps.
- It has over 8000 applications with pre-defined software templates for software deployment.
Desktop Central MSP also has the ability to integrate with different help desk solutions namely Zendesk and ServiceDesk Plus MSP.
Verdict: Desktop Central MSP is an award-winning remote monitoring and management software, RMM software, that helps managed service providers to efficiently manage their customers’ endpoints from a central location and reduces their load by providing multiple solutions in a single console.
Best for small to large IT service businesses, internal IT, and freelancers.
Atera Pricing: It’s disruptive pricing model allows users to pay a fixed monthly cost that includes unlimited devices and endpoints, offering fixed, transparent and predictable pricing. Try 100% free for 30-days.
Atera is the ultimate all-in-one remote monitoring and management (RMM) tool suite for MSPs & IT Service Professionals. Atera includes everything you need in one affordable and fully integrated solution.
It supports Windows, Mac, Linux, Android, and iOS devices. In addition to the features like Patch Management and Remote Control, it provides the features of the complete activity log, reporting & analytics, asset & inventory tracking, etc.
- All-in-one: RMM, PSA, remote access, antivirus, patch management, reports, billing, backup, network discovery and so much more!
- $79 per technician with unlimited devices.
- No contracts or hidden fees, cancel anytime.
- 24/7 Customer Support, 100% free.
- You will be able to compare the key financial metrics to industry metrics through an integrated real-time Benchmark.
- It can provide pre-configured administrative and maintenance tasks to servers and workstations.
- It has features for Mobile Technician Management, Billing & Invoicing, and Reporting & Analytics.
- It provides 12 types of various reports.
Verdict: Atera is the ultimate all-in-one RMM tool suite for MSPs and IT Pros. Fixed cost, unlimited devices. It’s that simple. Try 100% free for 30-days.
#5) Paessler PRTG
Best for small to large businesses.
Paessler PRTG Pricing: Free trial is available for 30 days without any limitation. PRTG has six pricing plans i.e. PRTG 500 ($1600), PRTG 1000 ($2850), PRTG 2500 ($5950), PRTG 5000 ($10500), PRTG XL ($14500), and PRTG XL5 ($60000).
PRTG can perform the monitoring of all systems, devices, traffic, and applications. It is for monitoring your entire IT infrastructure including traffic, packets, applications, etc. It supports various technologies like SNMP, flow technologies, Ping, SQL, etc.
- It has features for Network auto-discovery, Maps, and Alerts.
- It can collect various statistics from the machines, software, and devices which will help you with bandwidth monitoring.
- It has more than 200 sensor types.
- Everything in your infrastructure can be monitored such as Ping Status, Network traffic, IoT, Cloud Services, etc.
Verdict: Paessler PRTG is available as a hosted version or for Windows. It provides you various advantages such as a free trial version, an all-in-one solution, and quick customer support.
Best for the ease of use and security.
RemotePC Pricing: RemotePC offers four pricing plans, Consumer ($22.12 -first year), SOHO ($52.12 -first year), Team ($187.12 -first year), and Enterprise ($374.62 -first year). A 30-day free trial is available for Team and Enterprise plans.
RemotePC is the solution to remotely access computers. It will help you to connect and work from home or while on a business trip. You will be able to manage files, transfer data, and print documents remotely but effortlessly. It will help you to collaborate.
- RemotePC provides the feature of password protection.
- It provides the functionalities for remote printing and easily transferring a file.
- It has powerful integration capabilities and provides good compatibility.
- It is a light-weight solution and hence works fast and effectively.
Verdict: RemotePC is a platform-independent solution for remote access. The platform is secure, scalable, and accessible through the web.
Best for enterprise-grade MSPs.
Price: You can get a quote for various products like Continuum Fortify, Continuum Command, Continuum Recover, Continuum Assist, and Continuum Enable.
Continuum provides various products like Continuum Fortify, Continuum Command, Continuum Recover, Continuum Assist, and Continuum Enable. Continuum Command is the platform for remote monitoring and management. It is available for servers, desktops, networks, and mobiles. It provides protection regardless of the device’s environment.
- Continuum Command for Network has the features of integration with Auvik to have greater visibility of client networks and management of network devices like routers, switches, firewalls, and Wi-Fi controllers.
- Continuum Command for mobiles has features of dynamic end-to-end security & compliance management, interactive dashboard, unified console, and rapid enrolment.
- Continuum Command for servers and desktop has features of level 1-3 support from NOC team, patch deployment, smart reporting, and vital integration capabilities.
Verdict: This platform will give you the benefits of strengthening endpoint protection, closing the skills gap, increasing efficiency, and accelerating the Business objectives.
#8) Comodo One
Best for small businesses.
Comodo One is the RMM platform that is powered by Itarian. It works for network endpoints, computers, and mobile devices. It will help you with managing the entire IT infrastructure. This platform works for monitoring LANs, WANs, cloud-based services, hybrid systems, and Web applications.
- Comodo One has features for mobile device management, mobile application manager, and automated patch manager.
- It has a network performance monitor and risk assessment utility.
- It has features for system audit, inventory manager, topology mapper, and policy compliance.
- This platform has capabilities for ticketing and task tracking.
Verdict: It has the facility to remotely access and shares the desktop. It will help technicians while fixing the problem from remote devices. It also provides add-ons like DDoS protection, DNS services, Cloud Storage, etc.
Website: Comodo One
#9) ConnectWise Automate
Best for small & medium-sized businesses.
Price: You can get a quote for its pricing details. ConnectWise Automate can be tried for free. As per the reviews, the company will charge you one-time implementation fees which starts at $700.
ConnectWise Automate will automate the manual tasks such as creating and maintaining an asset inventory, detecting devices and deploying agents to endpoints. It gives you a single source of monitoring and reporting for remote control sessions. It has more than 500 out-of-the-box monitors.
- ConnectWise automate can perform the asset discovery on any network and automate the agent deployment. It supports both agent and agentless asset inventory.
- It provides a patch management tool to help you automate patching.
- It will increase technician productivity by supporting agents and agentless endpoint management.
- It has features of desktop and server management, virtualization manager, and support for remote users.
Verdict: ConnectWise automate is the platform for tracking and managing IT assets. This platform provides the security module to help users with managing anti-virus, anti-malware, email protection, encryption, etc.
Website: ConnectWise Automate
#10) Kaseya VSA
Best for small to large businesses.
Price: Free trial is available for the Kaseya VSA. You can contact the company and get a demo. As per the online reviews, it offers prices based on per user on a per month basis.
Kaseya VSA provides the platform for Remote monitoring and End-Point management solutions. You will be able to deploy policy-based automation with proactive remediation. This platform will also help you with automating software deployment.
- It has features for patch and vulnerability management for Windows, Mac, and third-party applications.
- The platform is expandable through security and backup integrations.
- Network performance monitoring can be performed across a wide range of operating systems and networking devices including Windows, VMware, and Linux as OS platforms and databases, email servers as networking devices.
- This platform includes the features of contextual documentation, compliance manager, and office 365 backup.
Verdict: Regardless of the machine location, you will be able to discover and track the details of the system and software. This platform will allow you to connect with users without interrupting them through remote control features.
Website: Kaseya VSA
#11) ManageEngine ServiceDesk Plus
Best for small to large businesses.
Price: ManageEngine has three pricing plans i.e. Standard, Professional, and Enterprise. You can get a quote for any of these plans. As per the online reviews, the price could be in the range of $495 to $1195 per year.
ManageEngine provides the IT help desk software with features of incident management, problem management, change management, service catalog, etc. It is available as a cloud-based solution or can be deployed on-premises. It supports Windows, Mac, Linux, iOS, and Android devices.
- It has asset management features to discover, track, and manage IT hardware and software assets.
- It provides canned and custom reports.
- The performance of the IT help desk can be monitored in real-time through a customizable dashboard.
- It has features for the service catalog to help you showcase your available IT services to your customers.
Verdict: ManageEngine ServiceDesk is the solution with multiple functionalities for asset management and help desk. It will give you full visibility of IT issues and help you to manage them.
Best for small to large businesses and freelancers.
Price: Pulseway provides flexible pricing plans for MSPs and System Administrators. The system management price starts at $85 per month. If you want to use Pulseway for personal use to monitor 2 personal computers then you can sign up for free.
Pulseway Remote Monitoring and Management platform provides a real-time solution that is easy to use and can be deployed quickly. It will help you with central monitoring, management, and automation of your IT systems.
Patch management feature is available for Windows and 3rd party applications. Remote Desktop feature will allow you to connect with a computer effortlessly.
- Pulseway has features for patch management and advanced automation.
- It can be used for all platforms.
- It has features for White Labelling & Reporting.
- It provides add-ons for 3rd party patch management, Pulseway antivirus, business management software, Backup, etc.
Verdict: This platform is for monitoring and automating everything. It supports problem-fixing through the mobile app.
To conclude this article, we can say that Continuum Command, SolarWinds, Comodo One, and ConnectWise Automate are the top RMM Software Tools.
Continuum provides the solution for enterprise-grade MSPs. Comodo One is a cloud-hosted solution and is best for small businesses. It is the only solution that is available for free. SolarWinds RMM and Kaseya VSA are best for small to large businesses.
ConnectWise Automate is a rich in features platform and is available for small to medium-sized businesses. Most of the companies have not provided the prices for their RMM solution. However, it could be $700 and above for one time fees. For the subscription-based model, it could be in the range of $50 to $200 per technician per month.
Our Review Process: A detailed research has been done by our writers to let you know about the top RMM tools. Initially, we have shortlisted top 15 tools but later, based on the features, reviews, and pricing we have filtered the list to top 10 tools. This complete process of reviewing and researching has taken around 12 hours.
We hope you found the best RMM Software for your requirements!