List of the latest and the best Cross Browser Testing Tools for your website Browser Compatibility Testing on different browsers and Operating Systems:
Cross Browser Testing can be the biggest pain for any Software Tester. But thanks to all Cross-browser Test tools available online which help in minimizing the testing efforts.
There are many free and paid browser test tools available in the market. You need to select the browser compatibility test tool depending on your needs.
If cross-browser testing is a critical part of your web project then you must allocate some considerable time, resources and budget for testing your website on different web browsers.
Cross-browser Testing Checklist:
What we need to test under browser testing:
1) CSS validation
2) HTML or XHTML validation
4) Ajax and JQeury functionality
5) Font size validation
6) Page layout in different resolutions
7) All images and alignment
8 ) Header and footer sections
9) Page content alignment to center, LHS or RHS
10) Page styles
11) Date formats
12) Special characters with HTML character encoding
13) Page zoom-in and zoom-out functionality
And obviously, you will have to repeat these tests on:
14) Different Operating Systems like Windows, Linux, and Mac
15) Different browsers (with different versions) like Internet Explorer, Firefox, Google Chrome, Safari, and Opera.
The premium browser testing tools can be a good option for projects having browser dependent functionality. But for most of the projects, free tools are sufficient to verify cross-browser functionality.
=> Contact us to suggest a listing here.
What You Will Learn:
Top 10 Cross Browser Testing Tools in 2019
Check the below list of all cross-browser compatibility testing tools available online for the testing website on multiple browsers:
Test your website on 1500+ real desktop and mobile browsers.
Interactively test and debug on live remote devices, view your website on multiple browsers at once by taking automated, or run automated using Selenium, Appium, or your other favorite frameworks. Agile teams can test faster with parallel testing and integrations with CI tools like Jenkins.
=> Download Link: Free trial available at CrossBrowserTesting.com
Test Your Website on a combination of 2000+ Browsers & OS.
LambdaTest is a cloud-based cross-browser testing platform that helps you to perform compatibility testing of your web app or websites easily. You can run automated selenium scripts on LambdaTest's scalable cloud grid, or can even perform live interactive testing on real browser environments.
- Run Selenium automation tests on a scalable Selenium grid having 2000+ browser environments
- Execute automated screenshot and responsive testing of your website
- Test your locally or privately hosted website using SSH Tunnel
- One click bug logging to your favorite bug tracking tool like Asana, BitBucket, GitHub, JIRA, Microsoft VSTS, Slack, Trello etc.
- 24*7 Chat support
Automate your cross-browser testing by running Selenium and Appium tests on 1,000+ browser types, versions, and operating systems.
- Test on any browser
- Interact with your app in real-time and debug it
- Execute hundreds of tests in parallel
- Integrate with your CI/CD workflow
- Perform visual testing to verify UI responsiveness across different resolutions
- Get visual test reports with screenshots, videos, and log files
#4) Ranorex Studio
- Reliable object identification, even for web elements with dynamic IDs.
- Shareable object repository and reusable code modules for efficient test creation and reduced maintenance.
- Data-driven and keyword-driven testing.
- Customizable test report with video reporting of test execution – see what happened in a test run without having to re-run the test!
- Run cross-browser tests in parallel or distribute them on a Selenium Grid with built-in Selenium Webdriver support.
- Integrates with tools like Jira, Jenkins, TestRail, Git, Travis CI, and more.
Automate browser testing process for browser compatibility check on different browsers and operating systems.
- TestComplete is a functional UI automated testing tool that you can use to create and run tests on any web application.
- Run tests in parallel across more than 1500 real test environments, all without any setup or configuration.
- Get real-time access to the latest devices, resolutions, browsers and operating systems in TestComplete’s on-demand cloud lab.
Browsershots allow you to test a website in any browser and operating system. This is a widely used browser compatibility testing tool because of its features and available customizations.
You need to repeat these steps for every test. This free browser compatibility test service can be used for taking website screen-shots almost in 61 browsers and various operating systems.
The main drawback of this service is the time taken to display the result when you select several browsers and many times it shows timeout error.
Supported browsers: IE, Firefox, Google Chrome, Opera, Safari, Minefield, Netscape and many more browsers with all versions.
=> Visit Browsershots official website here
#7) Turbo Browser Sandbox
The Turbo Browser Sandbox allows you to use almost all the top web browsers without installing on your machine.
You can run all popular browsers including Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome, and Opera on your machine directly from the web.
Spoon Browser Sandbox was initially a free service but it's currently a premium service as it's supporting most of the browsers.
=> Visit Turbo Browser Sandbox
#8) IE NetRenderer
This is a free online browser compatibility check tool to test website on almost all versions of Microsoft Internet Explorer. Just select the Internet Explorer version from the drop-down list and put your URL to start rendering the website. You can instantly verify the screen-shot of the page under test.
There is also an “IE NetRenderer” Firefox add-on available that allows you to render the web page that you are currently reading.
=> Visit IE NetRenderer official website here.
This is the best tool to test cross-browser layouts and scripting errors for your website.
This is an automated browser compatibility testing tool used to test a website and its elements in multiple browsers. You can use this service to test a website and all web pages for layout and scripting errors.
- Find layout problems
- Find JS errors
- Can test the entire website
- Dynamic page testing
- Can test pages behind login password
- The best part is – installation is not required
=> Visit Browsera website here.
There are many options available online if you want to check the browser compatibility on Internet Explorer versions. IETester is one of those options that allow you to test your website on the latest IE versions at the same time using one application.
IETester, a free browser testing tool can be used to test website on IE11, IE10, IE9 and Microsoft Windows 8 and many other Operating Systems.
=> Visit IETester official website.
#11) BrowserStack Live
BrowserStack Live is a mobile application and browser testing tool. You can test your website on 2000+ browsers making it one of the comprehensive browser compatibility tests.
You can test your website on Android and iOS real devices using their cloud platform. This tool is also useful for testing websites on different operating systems and real mobile devices.
- No setup required. Can start instant testing in the real device cloud.
- Covers 2000+ desktop browsers and almost all real mobile device browsers.
- Secure and private network.
- Interactive devices (no device lab or virtual machines).
=> Visit BrowserStack Live website.
There are some tools like Browserling for interactive browser testing.
- It's a LIVE tool to test your website on different real browsers on real systems
- Interactive testing like you are testing on your computer browser
- Access to all the latest browsers
- Take and share screenshots with team
- Secure browsing
- Can test responsive websites easily
- Browser extensions available for Chrome and Firefox
- APIs available
=> Visit Browserling official website.
If you can't rely on these online tools then using Virtual Desktop is the best solution for you. Using Virtual machine you can simulate the live environment for multiple browsers and different operating systems. You can use virtual machine software or set up a virtual machine on your office network with different operating system images and browsers which can be accessed remotely for browser compatibility testing.
I hope this post is helpful to know the best commercial and free cross-browser testing tools available online.
Obviously, the selection of a good cross-platform tool depends on your requirement as each browser compatibility checking tool comes with its own advantages and disadvantages.
Which test method you use to test browser compatibility? If you have your own way of testing browser compatibility, please let us know in the comments section below.
=> Contact us to suggest a listing here.