The List of the Most Popular Data Mapping Tools for Mapping Data Perfectly:
What is Data Mapping?
Data mapping is the process of associating the source data to the target data. Moreover, it is the process of mapping atomic data units from two different data units.
Data mapping is used in Data Integration, Data Migration, Data warehousing, and Data Transformation. Hence, Data mapping is an essential step in the data management processes.
The image given below will give you a glimpse of the data mapping process.
This image shows a simple example, but data mapping processes can be still more complex as well. Its complexity depend on the difference between the source and target data structure plus the hierarchical structure of data mapping.
The below image will show you an example of a complex hierarchical structure of data mapping.
‘List of attributes of source & target data’ and ‘rules for data transformations’ are used for data mapping. Metadata is used by every business application for explaining the fields and attributes. These applications also use the rules of data storage in an application.
Data mapping tools allow developers to define the mapping rules through coding. Most of the tools provide a graphical interface also for defining these mapping rules and this in turn makes it easier to the non-technical persons to define the mapping rules.
What You Will Learn:
Review of the Top Data Mapping Tools
Here is the list of the best data mapping tools you should consider for your ETL processes. This includes free open source tools as well.
|Data Mapping Tools||Best For||Connects With||Data Formats Supported||Price||Use Cases|
|Xplenty||Data integration, ETL, & ELT.||SQL data stores, NoSQL databases, and cloud storage services.||Data integration from a variety of sources.||Get a quote.||Data Integration, ETL, ELT.|
|DBConvert/DBSync Product Line Software||Intuitive Interface for Data transformation.||MySQL, SQL Server, Oracle, PostgreSQL, Firebird, SQLite, etc.||Database files||Personal License: $149, |
Business License: $449,
Enterprise License: $999.
|Cross-Database Conversion. Data Synchronization.|
|CloverDX||Its usability, flexibility, intuitive controls, and processing speed.||RDBMS, JMS, SOAP, ZIP, TAR, S3, HTTP, FTP, & LDAP.||CSV, FIXLEX, COBOL, LOTUS, XBASE, & XML.||$4000 to $5000 one time.||Data Ingestion,|
BI & Analytics,
|Pentaho||Its drag and drop functionality.||It provides support to NoSQL, Hadoop, object sore, & analytics database distributions.||Data ingestion from Apache Kafka.||Contact company.||Real-time data ingestion, Analytics,|
Operationalize data science.
|Talend||It is best as a data integration tool.||Databases, flat files, and cloud-based applications.||XML & XHTML etc.||Talend Open Source: Free.|
Talend Cloud data integration: $1170 per user
|Informatica||Power Center tools.||AWS Redshift, Azure SQL Data Warehouse, and Snowflake||XML, JSON, AVRO, PDF FILES, Microsoft Word, Excel.||Starts at $2000 per month.||Data Transformation, B2B Data Exchange,|
|Altova||The graphical interface of mapping data.||--||It can perform any to any mapping.||Basic Edition: Starts at $249.|
Professional edition: Starts at $499. Enterprise edition: Starts at $999.
|Data mapping, Data transformation,|
Xplenty Pricing: It offers a free trial for 7 days. It follows a subscription-based pricing model. You can get a quote for pricing details.
Xplenty is a cloud-based data integration, ETL, and ELT platform. It will let you create simple, and visualized data pipelines to your data warehouse. It will let you integrate data from more than 100 data stores and SaaS applications. It can integrate data with a variety of sources like SQL data stores, NoSQL databases, and cloud storage services.
- Xplenty can integrate all the marketing sources like social media, CRM data, analytics, etc. and can get up-to-date, transparent, and accurate marketing information.
- Its intuitive graphic interface will help you to implement ETL, ELT, or a replication solution.
- You can orchestrate and schedule data pipelines with the help of Xplenty’s workflow engine.
- It provides connectors for applications, databases, files, data warehouses, etc.
Best For: Data Integration, ETL, ELT.
#2) DBConvert/DBSync Product Line Software
DBConvert Studio Exclusive Discount: Get 20% off with coupon code “20OffSTH” during checkout.
Price: A free trial is available. It migrates 50 first records for each database table.
DBConvert software has three types of Licensing and pricing plans:
- 1 Personal License costs $149
- 1 Business License costs $449
- 1 Enterprise License costs $999
Premium technical support is included in Enterprise License and is optional (30% of original price) for Personal and Business Licenses.
Database migration & synchronization software to convert and replicate your data between the most popular databases like MySQL, SQL Server, Oracle, PostgreSQL, Firebird, SQLite, MS Access, and DB2. Data replication between different Cloud platforms, such as AWS RDS/ Aurora, MS Azure SQL, Google Cloud SQL, is also possible.
- Data types changing for all database is allowed as Global Mapping
- Data type changing only for specified filed
- Graphical interface for mapping data
- Filtering of needed data
- Schedule of database migration and sync jobs at specified times.
Best as: Intuitive interface for data transformation between different database Sources and Targets.
Price: CloverDX doesn’t provide any pricing information. You can contact the company for the detailed pricing of the product. You can try the product at a free of cost for 45 days. As per the reviews available on the internet, the price of the product can range from $4000 to $5000 and that will be a one-time fee.
Clover ETL is now transitioned to CloverDX platform. It has more functionalities than Clover ETL. It is ready to download. It offers a free trial of 45 days. It is useful for working with simple as well as complex tasks.
It is an open architecture platform which allows you to code for data jobs whenever required. It provides a rich set of pre-built transformation components.
- Suitable to perform simple as well as complex tasks.
- You can design reusable data transformations.
- It can be connected with the external systems through APIs, message queues, file watchers, and event triggers.
- It will allow you to schedule, manage, and monitor complex workflows.
- Any number of jobs can be managed.
Best For: Usability, flexibility, intuitive controls, and processing speed.
Price: Pricing information is not provided by Pentaho. You can contact the company for more details.
Pentaho provides a single platform to manage the analytical data pipeline. It has scalable multi-threaded data integration engine. It will allow you to create reusable data integration templates.
- With Pentaho, you will be able to switch seamlessly, between the execution engines like Apache Spark and Pentaho.
- It provides robust support to Hadoop distributions, Spark, NoSQL, and object stores.
- Performance monitoring.
- Job rollback and restart.
Best For: Drag and drop functionality.
Price: A free trial is available for the product. Its trial period differs based on the product. Talend has four pricing plans. Talend Open Source is free for all users.
Stich Data Loader also has a free edition. Its paid edition will cost you $100 to $1000 per month. Talend Cloud data integration is available at $1170 per user. Talend Data Fabric prices will be made available on contact.
Talend provides an enterprise-level data integration software. It will help you to connect, access, and transform any data. It can perform data integration across cloud or on-premises.
- It provides more than 900 pre-built components.
- Seamless integration with your environment.
- It is scalable as per your data.
Best: As a data integration tool.
Price: A free trial is available for the product. Informatica cloud services price starts at $2000 per month.
Informatica provides data integration solution across multi-cloud, on-premise, and hybrid environment. It can perform data transformation for complex hierarchical documents and for unstructured data. It also provides a self-service partner portal.
- Fully integrated agile data integration platform.
- Integration with Power Center.
- The connectors will provide high-performance connectivity to the data.
- It can perform B2B data exchange.
Best For: Power Center tools.
Price: A free trial is available for 30 days.
Altova MapForce has three pricing plans. Altova MapForce 2019 Basic Edition starts at $249. Altova MapForce 2019 Professional edition starts at $499. Altova MapForce 2019 Enterprise edition starts at $999.
Altova data mapping tool, MapForce, is a graphical mapping tool. It can be used for data mapping and integration of any to any data. Execution file or source code will be generated by this tool for the recurring conversions of your data.
- Altova can perform any to any mapping for data types like XML, JSON, Database data, Text & flat files, XBRL, EDI, SOAP & REST Web services, Excel, Google Protocol Buffers.
- It provides a graphical interface for mapping, visualizing, manipulating, and executing individual and complex mapping projects.
- It has an extensible library of data processing and conversion functions.
- It will allow you to import the existing data transformation code.
Best For: Graphical interface of mapping data.
Price: Salesforce has three pricing plans, i.e. Gold, Platinum, and Titanium. You can request a quote for more pricing details.
Salesforce provides a solution to design, manage, and deploy APIs and Integration faster. It will help you in enhancing deployment and in increasing scalability. It extends connectivity capabilities.
- It will help you in connecting any data source.
- Rich set of APIs.
- Back-office systems can also be connected.
Best For: Integration with other systems.
#9) IBM InfoSphere
Price: Pricing details are not disclosed by the company. You will have to contact the company to know more about the price of the product.
IBM InfoSphere uses an end-to-end integration mechanism which is used for data determination, data cleansing, monitoring, and data transformation.
- It can perform integration of big data with enterprise data.
- It has the capability to deliver the data in real-time.
- It uses secure data migration techniques.
Best For: Working on metadata and complex data.
Website: IBM InfoSphere
Price: You can request for the pricing quote. As per the reviews available online Adeptia has four pricing plans, i.e. Express (Starts at $500 per month), Professional (Starts at $2000 per month), Premier (Starts at $3000 per month), and Enterprise (Starts at $5000 per month).
Adeptia provides B2B integration platform. It can integrate partner and customer data with any application. This application can be used by non-technical business users. Adeptia provides B2B Integration, Application Integration, and Data Integration.
- Simplified data on-boarding process.
- Quick setup of data connections.
- It provides web-based and self-service portal. It is for customers as well as partners.
- EDI can be extended with XML, Excel, real-time APIs, Web Forms, and Unstructured data.
Best For: Flexibility.
Price: Price for the Oracle Data Integrator Cloud Service, Monthly Flex will start at $0.9678. For the ‘Pay as you go’ plan, the price will start at $1.4517.
Oracle will provide cloud-based data integration solutions and will also help with API management. Oracle data integrator will give you persistent and uninterrupted access to data across various systems. To extract the value from your data, it will make use of machine learning and API management.
- It can perform huge data integration and manipulations.
- It follows performance-oriented and assertive design approach.
- Metadata extraction for Oracle and other sources.
- The sketch-up mechanism will ease the monitoring process.
Best For: Data transformation.
Price: Alooma has four pricing plans i.e. On Demand, Premier, Enterprise, and Enterprise for Sensitive Data. ‘On Demand’ plan will cost you $20 per credit per month. The other three plans have custom pricing. You will have to contact the company for the pricing of these plans.
Alooma will allow you to replicate the data into the output of your choice. It supports Amazon Redshift, Google BigQuery, Snowflake, Periscope Data, and many others. Meanwhile, it supports many data sources.
- Native & custom integration.
- Zero latency.
- Enterprise Scalability.
- It provides SaaS and Cloud Services.
Best For: Importing data from any source.
In this article, we have seen the top data mapping tools along with their features.
CloverDX is best for its flexibility. Pentaho provides the best drag-and-drop functionality. Talend is best as a data integration tool. Informatica is best for Power Center tools. Altova is best for Graphical Interface of mapping data.
Salesforce is best for integration with other systems. IBM is best for metadata. Adeptia is best for its flexibility. Oracle is best for data transformation. Alooma is best for importing data from any source.
If we compare the tools on the basis of one time prices then CloverDX is the expensive one. If we compare the tools for the monthly prices, then Informatica has the highest price. CloverDX, Talend, Informatica, and Altova provide a free trial for the product.