Explore the top Symantec DLP Alternatives with their pricing, and comparison to select the right competitor to Symantec for Data Loss Prevention:
What is Symantec DLP?
Symantec DLP is the solution that offers a unified management platform. The solution includes a content-aware detection server and light-weight endpoint agents. It can be deployed on-premise, in the hybrid cloud, or as a managed service.
It can work in highly distributed environments.
What You Will Learn:
- Symantec DLP Alternatives
- List Of Top Symantec DLP Alternatives
Symantec DLP Alternatives
Symantec DLP is a scalable solution and can scale up to hundreds of devices and users.
- This enterprise-grade DLP has features to monitor for policy violations and risky user behavior over control points.
- It provides the features of real-time blocking, quarantining, and alerting users for preventing and discouraging end-users from data leakage.
- It will respond quickly and efficiently to critical data loss through the features of automated incident remediation workflows and one-click SmartResponses.
The below image will show you the details:
Why Look For Symantec DLP Competitors
Symantec has provided a good data loss prevention solution that is content-aware and can discover, monitor, and protect confidential data. Broadcom has partially acquired Symantec, and so Symantec has focused only on the largest global 2000 customers.
Hence, small businesses get affected the most because of its decreased support to smaller businesses and the end-of-life products. It has abandoned many customers, and this is the first reason to look for its alternatives.
Another disadvantage is the difficult installation, management, and maintenance procedure. It doesn’t offer Linux support. Tools like Endpoint Protector are easy to install and offer great Linux support. It also provides zero-day support to new Mac OS versions.
Considering all these points we have shortlisted the top alternatives of Symantec DLP and explained their features and other details through this tutorial.
List Of Top Symantec DLP Alternatives
Here is the list of top competitors to Symantec DLP:
- Endpoint Protector (Best Alternative to Symantec DLP)
- Digital Guardian
- Trend Micro
- GTB Technologies
- Code42 DLP
- Check Point DLP
- Forcepoint DLP
- McAfee DLP
Comparison Of Best Symantec DLP Competitors
|Name||Our Ratings||Best for||Deployment||Platform||Free Trial|
|Endpoint Protector||Insider threat/PII/IP protection.||Cloud service or as a virtual service||Windows, Mac, Linux||Demo available|
|Digital Guardian||Full data visibility & no-compromise protection||SaaS & On-premise||Windows, Mac, Linux||Demo available|
|Trend Micro||Enterprise data security and cybersecurity||On-premise & cloud-based||Windows||--|
|GTB Technologies||Preventing data loss from insider & malware||SaaS & On-premise||--||Free trial available|
|Code42||Data loss detection, investigation, & response.||Windows, Mac, & Linux.||SaaS solution with open API.||Free trial available for 30 days.|
Comparison: Symantec DLP Vs Endpoint Protector
We will compare Symantec DLP with the topmost alternative Endpoint Protector in the below table.
|Features||Symantec DLP||Endpoint Protector|
|About Tool||A solution to mitigate data breach and compliance risks.||An advanced Multi-OS DLP solution to discover, monitor, and protect sensitive data.|
|Suitable for||Large businesses.||Small to large business.|
|Endpoint DLP OS Support||Windows and Mac OS||Windows, Mac, and Linux.|
|Mac OS Support||Mac OS 10.10, 10.11, & 10.12||It provides Zero-day support to new Mac OS versions also.|
|Deployment options||On-premise, hybrid cloud, and as a managed service.||Virtual Appliance: VMX, PVA, OVF, OVA, XVA, & VHD formats.
Cloud Services: AWS, Microsoft Azure, or GCP.
|Deployment Procedure||It is not as easy as an Endpoint Protector. You may require advanced technical knowledge for the installation.||It is easy to deploy. It will get deployed quickly and can be up & run in 30 mins. It offers a smooth transition from your current DLP.
No need to have advanced technical knowledge.
Let us review the Symantec DLP alternatives listed above:
#1) Endpoint Protector (Recommended)
Endpoint Protector is best for insider threat/PII/IP protection.
Endpoint Protector offers an all-in-one data loss prevention solution. With this solution, you will control all the endpoints from a single dashboard. It will give you real-time protection against security threats. It is a comprehensive solution with Device Control, Content-Aware Protection, Enforced Encryption, and eDiscovery.
It is a solution for protecting Intellectual Property and PII. It also provides insider threat protection.
- Endpoint Protector has features to help you with achieving compliance and regulations.
- It has functionalities for locking down, controlling, and monitoring USB as well as peripheral ports
- It provides content-aware protection for removable devices and applications like Outlook and Skype.
- It can protect data on the network and perform the scanning for compliance.
Verdict: Endpoint Protector is a comprehensive DLP solution and provides full protection with the ease of deployment. It offers multiple deployment options. It can protect sensitive data even while working offline.
Price: A demo is available for the tool. You can get a quote for pricing details.
#2) Digital Guardian
Best for full data visibility & no-compromise protection.
Digital Guardian is an enterprise IP and DLP software. It offers a solution that will help the Symantec DLP customers with the streamlined transition from their existing system to this Endpoint DLP. It will increase data protection coverage. This solution will give you the deepest data visibility, broadest endpoint coverage, and superior delivery options.
- Digital Guardian will provide deep visibility into system, user, and data-level events.
- It can provide endpoint protection to Windows, Mac, and Linux endpoints.
- It provides managed service directly.
- It has an unknown risk approach that will let you track the sensitive data even with no policy.
Verdict: Digital Guardian offers a cloud-based enterprise IP and DLP software with features of flexible controls, deepest visibility, and comprehensive classification. It provides the broadest endpoint OS coverage. It can protect Linux endpoints also, which is an advantage over Symantec DLP.
Price: A free trial is available for the platform. You can get a quote for pricing details.
Website: Digital Guardian
#3) Trend Micro
Best for enterprise data security and cybersecurity.
Trend Micro offers enterprise cybersecurity solutions. Its integrated data loss prevention solution can protect your data and lower the DLP costs. It can identify, monitor, and prevent data loss on or off the network. It can protect data at rest, in use, and in motion. Trend Micro integrated DLP solution is a centrally managed solution and will strengthen data protection & control.
- This integrated DLP solution can recognize and process over three hundred file types such as compressed files, archived files, engineering files, etc.
- It has features for detecting and reacting to improper data usage according to keywords, regular expressions, and file attributes.
- It will let you educate employees on corporate data usage with the help of alerts, reports, blocking, or soft-blocking.
- It can inspect the network 24*7 through real-time monitoring.
Verdict: Trend Micro’s Integrated DLP solution will strengthen your data protection & control, support compliance, streamline administration, and lower costs. It is a lightweight plugin and will help you to prevent data loss through USB, SaaS applications, cloud storage, etc.
Price: Trend Micro offers the solution with two pricing plans, Worry-Free Services Advanced ($59.87 per user) and Worry-Free Services ($37.75 per user). All these prices are for a one-year subscription.
Website: Trend Micro
#4) GTB Technologies
Best for preventing data loss from insider & malware.
GTB Technologies’ smart and intelligent DLP solution will give you real-time and accurate protection. It can perform the real-time inspection of all protocols and can optionally stop the data loss immediately. It offers a unique fingerprinting feature. This single-agent solution support on-premise and a cloud-based solution.
- GTB Technologies solution will let you control who can copy the data and on which devices.
- It will let you control the data to be watermarked or not.
- You can control whether the data to be printed or not.
- It has strong classification and watermarking controls.
- It is an OPSWAT certified solution.
Verdict: GTP Technologies provide the data protection solutions that have essential elements required for true data protection with accuracy. It supports all protocols and file types. It is a scalable solution.
Price: GTB Technologies offers a free trial for the product. You can get a quote for pricing details.
Website: GTB Technologies
#5) Code42 DLP
Best for data loss detection, investigation, & response.
Code42 is an insider threat solution with functionalities for data loss detection, investigation & response. It offers a product Incydr for quick and accurate detection, as well as response to insider threats. Incydr not only investigates insider threats but also identifies the gaps in security awareness. It can detect data risks across the cloud, email, and computers.
- Incydr can disclose the top employees for whom the file activity needs to be investigated.
- It responds to the incident based on the employee’s intent, past behavior, and impact of the incident.
- It has built-in functionality for placing the users on a legal hold so that their files will be preserved for litigation.
- It also offers features for recovering malicious file deletions.
Verdict: Code42 Incydr can manage and mitigate insider risk. It offers secure employee collaboration features. This data risk detection and response tool is rich in features and will help the security teams to mitigate data exposure.
Price: You can try the Code42 DLP for 30 days. For pricing details, you can get a quote.
Website: Code42 DLP
#6) Check Point DLP
Best for tracking data movement and pre-emptive data loss prevention.
Check Point DLP is integrated into the Check Point Infinity Architecture. This helps with the easy and rapid activation of the existing Check Point Security Gateways. Existing security infrastructure is used and hence the cost will get reduced.
- Check Point DLP can track and control all types or formats of sensitive data in motion like email, web browsing, etc.
- It offers the features for educating and alerting end-users for proper data handling and that too without the involvement of IT or security teams.
- It has features for scanning and securing SSL/TLS encrypted traffic that passes through a gateway.
Verdict: This platform will help to centrally manage data loss prevention across your entire infrastructure from a single console. It provides preemptive protection to your business against unintentional data loss.
Price: A free trial available. You can get a quote for pricing details.
Website: Check Point DLP
#7) Forcepoint DLP
Best for controlling all the data with one single policy.
Forcepoint DLP is a solution that provides risk-adaptive protection and native behavior analytics. It helps you with risk-based policy enforcement. It has functionalities for automated policy enforcement. It is a solution that offers unified policy enforcement, single console, and cloud apps. It will give you individualized and adaptive security. You will be able to block actions only that are required.
Suggested reading =>> Top Forcepoint DLP Alternatives
- Forcepoint DLP provides the features of native remediation, comprehensive data discovery, and fingerprinting.
- It provides a library of pre-defined policies.
- It has features for ensuring regulatory compliance for GDPR, CCPA, etc. across more than 80 countries.
Verdict: Forcepoint provides you an integrated DLP solution with a Web and Email security system. Hence this will be the right choice for the businesses looking for a DLP solution along with an advanced Web & Email security system.
Price: You can request a free trial and get a quote for pricing details.
Website: Forcepoint DLP
#8) McAfee DLP
Best for protecting data on the network, in the cloud, and at endpoints.
McAfee offers a comprehensive data loss prevention solution with various features like protecting data where it lives and simplified deployment & management. It has various components such as McAfee DLP Discover, McAfee DLP Prevent, McAfee DLP Monitor, and McAfee DLP Endpoint. With the help of McAfee MVision Cloud Integration, you can extend DLP policies to the cloud.
- McAfee DLP solution will give you centralized incident management and reporting.
- Your on-premise and cloud DLP policies will get synchronized.
- It has functionalities for finding sensitive data, enforcing DLP policies, scanning network traffic in real-time, and monitoring & preventing confidential data loss.
- It can protect removable devices and media.
Verdict: McAfee DLP solution comes with multiple components. It gives you centralized incident management and reporting. On-premises and cloud DLP policies will get synced. It is the platform with features of gaining visibility, quick identification of data, and remediating policy violations.
Price: You can get a quote for pricing details. As per reviews, the McAfee DLP Endpoint Perpetual license price is in the range of $73 to $90. The price varies as per the nodes.
Website: McAfee DLP
Symantec DLP is a content-aware solution that can discover, monitor, and protect sensitive information regardless of where it is stored and used. We have seen a lot of reasons to look for its alternatives. Considering all its cons, we have shortlisted the top eight data loss prevention solutions. Endpoint Protector is our top recommended solution.
Endpoint Protector is a high-quality alternative to Symantec DLP. This enterprise-grade DLP will help you with mitigating insider threats, protecting sensitive data like PII, and meeting the compliance requirements of various data protection regulations.
We hope this article will help you with choosing the right alternative to Symantec DLP that will be suitable for your business.
- Time is taken to research and write this article: 27 Hours
- Total tools researched online: 25
- Top tools shortlisted for review: 8