Explore the top Symantec DLP Alternatives with their pricing, and compare to select the right competitor to Symantec for Data Loss Prevention:
What is Symantec DLP?
Symantec DLP is the solution that offers a unified management platform. The solution includes a content-aware detection server and lightweight endpoint agents. It can be deployed on-premise, in the hybrid cloud, or as a managed service.
It can work in highly distributed environments.
What You Will Learn:
- Symantec DLP Alternatives
- List of Top Symantec DLP Alternatives
- Comparison of Best Symantec DLP Competitors
- Comparison: Symantec DLP Vs Endpoint Protector
- #1) Endpoint Protector (Recommended)
- #2) Safetica
- #3) ManageEngine Endpoint DLP Plus
- #4) Cyberhaven
- #5) Digital Guardian
- #6) Trend Micro
- #7) GTB Technologies
- #8) Code42 DLP
- #9) Check Point DLP
- #10) Forcepoint DLP
- #11) McAfee DLP
Symantec DLP Alternatives
Symantec DLP is a scalable solution and can scale up to hundreds of devices and users.
- This enterprise-grade DLP has features to monitor for policy violations and risky user behavior over control points.
- It provides the features of real-time blocking, quarantining, and alerting users for preventing and discouraging end-users from data leakage.
- It will respond quickly and efficiently to critical data loss through the features of automated incident remediation workflows and one-click SmartResponses.
The below image will show you the details:
Why Look for Symantec DLP Competitors
Symantec has provided a good data loss prevention solution that is content-aware and can discover, monitor, and protect confidential data. Broadcom has partially acquired Symantec, and so Symantec has focused only on the largest global 2000 customers.
Hence, small businesses get affected the most because of their decreased support for smaller businesses and end-of-life products. It has abandoned many customers, and this is the first reason to look for its alternatives.
Another disadvantage is the difficult installation, management, and maintenance procedure. It doesn’t offer Linux support. Tools like Endpoint Protector are easy to install and offer great Linux support. It also provides zero-day support to new Mac OS versions.
Considering all these points we have shortlisted the top alternatives of Symantec DLP and explained their features and other details through this tutorial.
List of Top Symantec DLP Alternatives
Here is the list of top competitors to Symantec DLP:
- Endpoint Protector (Best Alternative to Symantec DLP)
- ManageEngine Endpoint DLP Plus
- Digital Guardian
- Trend Micro
- GTB Technologies
- Code42 DLP
- Check Point DLP
- Forcepoint DLP
- McAfee DLP
Comparison of Best Symantec DLP Competitors
|Name||Our Ratings||Best for||Deployment||Platform||Free Trial|
|Endpoint Protector||Insider threat/PII/IP protection.||Cloud service or as a virtual service||Windows, Mac, Linux||Demo available|
|Safetica||Incident response and regulatory compliance||On-premise, cloud-hosted||Mac, Windows, Web-based||Free demo, 10 day free trial.|
|ManageEngine Endpoint DLP Plus||Combatting insider attacks and regulating enterprise data movement.||Cloud-Hosted, On-Premise||Cloud-Hosted, On-Premise||Demo Available|
|Cyberhaven||Real-time data transfer monitoring||Cloud-based SaaS||Windows, Mac, All major browsers||Free demo|
|Digital Guardian||Full data visibility & no-compromise protection||SaaS & On-premise||Windows, Mac, Linux||Demo available|
|Trend Micro||Enterprise data security and cybersecurity||On-premise & cloud-based||Windows||--|
|GTB Technologies||Preventing data loss from insider & malware||SaaS & On-premise||--||Free trial available|
|Code42||Data loss detection, investigation, & response.||Windows, Mac, & Linux.||SaaS solution with open API.||Free trial available for 30 days.|
Comparison: Symantec DLP Vs Endpoint Protector
We will compare Symantec DLP with the topmost alternative Endpoint Protector in the below table.
|Features||Symantec DLP||Endpoint Protector|
|About Tool||A solution to mitigate data breach and compliance risks.||An advanced Multi-OS DLP solution to discover, monitor, and protect sensitive data.|
|Suitable for||Large businesses.||Small to large business.|
|Endpoint DLP OS Support||Windows and Mac OS||Windows, Mac, and Linux.|
|Mac OS Support||Mac OS 10.10, 10.11, & 10.12||It provides Zero-day support to new Mac OS versions also.|
|Deployment options||On-premise, hybrid cloud, and as a managed service.||Virtual Appliance: VMX, PVA, OVF, OVA, XVA, & VHD formats.
Cloud Services: AWS, Microsoft Azure, or GCP.
|Deployment Procedure||It is not as easy as an Endpoint Protector. You may require advanced technical knowledge for the installation.||It is easy to deploy. It will get deployed quickly and can be up & run in 30 mins. It offers a smooth transition from your current DLP.
No need to have advanced technical knowledge.
Let us review the Symantec DLP alternatives listed above:
#1) Endpoint Protector (Recommended)
Best for insider threat/PII/IP protection.
Endpoint Protector offers an all-in-one data loss prevention solution. With this solution, you will control all the endpoints from a single dashboard. It will give you real-time protection against security threats. It is a comprehensive solution with Device Control, Content-Aware Protection, Enforced Encryption, and eDiscovery.
It is a solution for protecting Intellectual Property and PII. It also provides insider threat protection.
- Endpoint Protector has features to help you with achieving compliance and regulations.
- It has functionalities for locking down, controlling, and monitoring USB as well as peripheral ports
- It provides content-aware protection for removable devices and applications like Outlook and Skype.
- It can protect data on the network and perform the scanning for compliance.
Verdict: Endpoint Protector is a comprehensive DLP solution and provides full protection with ease of deployment. It offers multiple deployment options. It can protect sensitive data even while working offline.
Price: A demo is available for the tool. You can get a quote for pricing details.
Best for Incident response and regulatory support.
Safetica offers a broad range of capabilities for data loss prevention. This software features web-content filtering, email protection, and device control to prevent data leakage. The software helps you customize policies based on your organizational requirements. These policies can then be deployed to prevent data breach scenarios of various kinds.
The platform is phenomenal when it comes to incident response and management. The platform can track and manage security incidents in real-time. IT administrations are notified of potential threats immediately so they can take an appropriate action. Plus, the tool helps you comply with almost all available regulatory standards out there.
- Real-time monitoring and alerting
- Web content filtering
- Flexible Data Loss Prevention Policy Customization
- Device Control
- Endpoint protection
Verdict: Safetica is a powerful and scalable software that can accommodate the needs of organizations, regardless of their scale. It is compatible with multiple endpoints, storage, and network devices, thus making it an excellent choice to prevent data leakage.
Price: Contact the Safetica team to get a clear quote that perfectly adheres to your organizations specific requirements. You can request a personalized demo or a free trial with security audit.
Best for regulating enterprise data movement & to combat insider attacks.
Endpoint DLP Plus is ManageEngine’s dedicated DLP solution to secure your enterprise’s critical data from insider threats and data loss.
Gain complete visibility over your entire network data and categorize them based on their criticality using DLP’s pre-defined or custom templates. Curate DLP policies to prevent sensitive data transfer via cloud uploads, email exchanges, printers, and other peripheral devices from a centralized console.
- Diligently scan and categorize your sensitive data from the plethora of miscellaneous enterprise data in accordance with compliance standards.
- Restrict private cloud storage uploads and confine uploads within the enterprise-approved cloud applications.
- Allow E-mail exchanges within trusted domains to ensure safe communication and filter E-mail attachments
- with critical data.
- Block the transfer of sensitive data via unauthorized USB devices, also control the download and printing limit for allowed devices.
- Instant alerts and comprehensive reports to track and stay up to date with your network performance.
Receive one-step solution to remediate false positive instances for better data protection.
Verdict: Manage your enterprise data movement from a centralized console with content-aware protection. Monitor and regulate data transfer attempts via cloud uploads, E-mail exchanges, printers, and other peripheral devices from a centralized console.
Endpoint DLP Plus has effortless installation, management, maintenance procedure and suitable for organizations of all scale.
Price: The license fee starts from $795. You can request a quote for pricing details and schedule a demo on demand.
Best for Real-time data transfer monitoring.
If there is one area where Cyberhaven outshines Symantec, then it is in its ability to trace data’s movement in real-time. This capability also makes it effective in identifying anomalous behaviour. Once detected, it can automatically block data transmission to prevent data loss.
Cyberhaven is also quite unique when it comes classifying sensitive data. The tool competently makes use of contextual indicators in combination with content inspection to accurately classify all types of data. Add to that, we also like how seamlessly Cyberhaven integrates with most SIEM tools out there.
- Real-time data tracing
- Visual security policy editor
- Context and content based data classification
- Real-time user coaching
- Visual analytics
Verdict: There is a lot to like about Cyberhaven. It is a tool we would recommend for both mid-sized enterprises and large businesses who wish to prevent data loss and the risk of insider threats. Its data visibility and classification capabilities are perhaps its biggest strengths.
Price: How much you pay will depend on the number of endpoints you wish to protect. Contact the Cyberhaven team for a custom quote.
#5) Digital Guardian
Best for full data visibility & no-compromise protection.
Digital Guardian is an enterprise IP and DLP software. It offers a solution that will help Symantec DLP customers with the streamlined transition from their existing system to this Endpoint DLP. It will increase data protection coverage. This solution will give you the deepest data visibility, the broadest endpoint coverage, and superior delivery options.
Also, read =>> Top alternatives to Digital Guardian DLP
- Digital Guardian will provide deep visibility into system, user, and data-level events.
- It can provide endpoint protection to Windows, Mac, and Linux endpoints.
- It provides managed service directly.
- It has an unknown risk approach that will let you track sensitive data even with no policy.
Verdict: Digital Guardian offers cloud-based enterprise IP and DLP software with features of flexible controls, deepest visibility, and comprehensive classification. It provides the broadest endpoint OS coverage. It can protect Linux endpoints also, which is an advantage over Symantec DLP.
Price: A free trial is available for the platform. You can get a quote for pricing details.
Website: Digital Guardian
#6) Trend Micro
Best for enterprise data security and cybersecurity.
Trend Micro offers enterprise cybersecurity solutions. Its integrated data loss prevention solution can protect your data and lower DLP costs. It can identify, monitor, and prevent data loss on or off the network. It can protect data at rest, in use, and in motion. Trend Micro integrated DLP solution is a centrally managed solution and will strengthen data protection & control.
- This integrated DLP solution can recognize and process over three hundred file types such as compressed files, archived files, engineering files, etc.
- It has features for detecting and reacting to improper data usage according to keywords, regular expressions, and file attributes.
- It will let you educate employees on corporate data usage with the help of alerts, reports, blocking, or soft blocking.
- It can inspect the network 24*7 through real-time monitoring.
Verdict: Trend Micro’s Integrated DLP solution will strengthen your data protection & control, support compliance, streamline administration, and lower costs. It is a lightweight plugin and will help you to prevent data loss through USB, SaaS applications, cloud storage, etc.
Price: Trend Micro offers the solution with two pricing plans, Worry-Free Services Advanced ($59.87 per user) and Worry-Free Services ($37.75 per user). All these prices are for a one-year subscription.
Website: Trend Micro
Further Reading => TOP Ivanti Device Control Alternatives of the Year
#7) GTB Technologies
Best for preventing data loss from insider & malware.
GTB Technologies’ smart and intelligent DLP solution will give you real-time and accurate protection. It can perform the real-time inspection of all protocols and can optionally stop data loss immediately. It offers a unique fingerprinting feature. This single-agent solution support on-premise and cloud-based solution.
- GTB Technologies’ solution will let you control who can copy the data and on which devices.
- It will let you control whether the data is watermarked or not.
- You can control whether the data is printed or not.
- It has strong classification and watermarking controls.
- It is an OPSWAT-certified solution.
Verdict: GTP Technologies provide data protection solutions that have essential elements required for true data protection with accuracy. It supports all protocols and file types. It is a scalable solution.
Price: GTB Technologies offers a free trial for the product. You can get a quote for pricing details.
Website: GTB Technologies
#8) Code42 DLP
Best for data loss detection, investigation, & response.
Code42 is an insider threat solution with functionalities for data loss detection, investigation & response. It offers a product Incydr for quick and accurate detection, as well as response to insider threats. Incydr not only investigates insider threats but also identifies the gaps in security awareness. It can detect data risks across the cloud, email, and computers.
Further reading =>> Top competitors to Code42 Incydr
- Incydr can disclose the top employees for whom the file activity needs to be investigated.
- It responds to the incident based on the employee’s intent, past behavior, and the impact of the incident.
- It has built-in functionality for placing the users on a legal hold so that their files will be preserved for litigation.
- It also offers features for recovering malicious file deletions.
Verdict: Code42 Incydr can manage and mitigate insider risk. It offers secure employee collaboration features. This data risk detection and response tool is rich in features and will help the security teams to mitigate data exposure.
Price: You can try the Code42 DLP for 30 days. For pricing details, you can get a quote.
Website: Code42 DLP
#9) Check Point DLP
Best for tracking data movement and pre-emptive data loss prevention.
Check Point DLP is integrated into the Check Point Infinity Architecture. This helps with the easy and rapid activation of the existing Check Point Security Gateways. Existing security infrastructure is used and hence the cost will get reduced.
- Check Point DLP can track and control all types or formats of sensitive data in motion like email, web browsing, etc.
- It offers the features for educating and alerting end-users for proper data handling and that too without the involvement of IT or security teams.
- It has features for scanning and securing SSL/TLS encrypted traffic that passes through a gateway.
Verdict: This platform will help centrally manage data loss prevention across your entire infrastructure from a single console. It provides preemptive protection to your business against unintentional data loss.
Price: A free trial is available. You can get a quote for pricing details.
Website: Check Point DLP
#10) Forcepoint DLP
Best for controlling all the data with one single policy.
Forcepoint DLP is a solution that provides risk-adaptive protection and native behavior analytics. It helps you with risk-based policy enforcement. It has functionalities for automated policy enforcement. It is a solution that offers unified policy enforcement, a single console, and cloud apps. It will give you individualized and adaptive security. You will be able to block actions only that are required.
Suggested reading =>> Top Forcepoint DLP Alternatives
- Forcepoint DLP provides the features of native remediation, comprehensive data discovery, and fingerprinting.
- It provides a library of pre-defined policies.
- It has features for ensuring regulatory compliance for GDPR, CCPA, etc. across more than 80 countries.
Verdict: Forcepoint provides you with an integrated DLP solution with a Web and Email security system. Hence this will be the right choice for businesses looking for a DLP solution along with an advanced Web & Email security system.
Price: You can request a free trial and get a quote for pricing details.
Website: Forcepoint DLP
#11) McAfee DLP
Best for protecting data on the network, in the cloud, and at endpoints.
McAfee offers a comprehensive data loss prevention solution with various features like protecting data where it lives and simplified deployment & management. It has various components such as McAfee DLP Discover, McAfee DLP Prevent, McAfee DLP Monitor, and McAfee DLP Endpoint. With the help of McAfee MVision Cloud Integration, you can extend DLP policies to the cloud.
- McAfee DLP solution will give you centralized incident management and reporting.
- Your on-premise and cloud DLP policies will get synchronized.
- It has functionalities for finding sensitive data, enforcing DLP policies, scanning network traffic in real time, and monitoring & preventing confidential data loss.
- It can protect removable devices and media.
Verdict: McAfee DLP solution comes with multiple components. It gives you centralized incident management and reporting. On-premises and cloud DLP policies will get synced. It is a platform with features of gaining visibility, quick identification of data, and remediating policy violations.
Price: You can get a quote for pricing details. As per reviews, the McAfee DLP Endpoint Perpetual license price is in the range of $73 to $90. The price varies as per the nodes.
Website: McAfee DLP
Symantec DLP is a content-aware solution that can discover, monitor, and protect sensitive information regardless of where it is stored and used. We have seen a lot of reasons to look for its alternatives. Considering all its cons, we have shortlisted the top eight data loss prevention solutions. Endpoint Protector is our top recommended solution.
Endpoint Protector is a high-quality alternative to Symantec DLP. This enterprise-grade DLP will help you with mitigating insider threats, protecting sensitive data like PII, and meeting the compliance requirements of various data protection regulations.
We hope this article will help you with choosing the right alternative to Symantec DLP that will be suitable for your business.
- Time is taken to research and write this article: 27 Hours
- Total tools researched online: 25
- Top tools shortlisted for review: 8