List and Comparison of the Top Best Data Recovery Software Download for Windows and Mac users to quickly recover lost data, deleted files, and photos or formatted partition data:
Data recovery software is an application that recovers lost files from any storage medium. It can recover files that have been accidentally deleted or lost due to virus attacks, hard drive failures, or any other reason.
This software scans the storage medium to find the lost files. It can recover different types of files like audio, video, contacts, emails, etc.
How Does Data Recovery Work?
Whenever a file is deleted, it is moved to the recycle bin. Even after the deletion of the file from the recycle bin, it doesn’t get removed. The path of this deleted file gets removed by the file system and makes it less accessible. Space that was assigned to this file will be marked as available to be used by another file when required.
However, a binary file is still available on the computer. The file remains available until it gets overwritten by another file. Parts of the file might remain on the hard drive for several years.
If the deleted file gets partially overwritten by another file then the data recovery software will not be able to recover the file and provide you with the usable data. The Best Data recovery software should support all storage media and file structures and thereby should be able to recover files from all types of storage media.
The image given below will show you the various reasons for data loss with their percentage.
Suggested reading=>> USB Device Not Recognized: [8 Possible Fixes]
In general, access to the core architecture of the hard disk is given to the data recovery software. This software refers to and accesses the file structure entries to extract data from a corrupt storage device.
What You Will Learn:
- List of Best Data Recovery Software Solutions
- Comparison of Top Data Recovery Solutions
- #1) Stellar Data Recovery
- #2) TogetherShare
- #3) Disk Drill (Free) Mac and Windows
- #4) Wondershare Recoverit
- #5) AnyRecover
- #6) Aiseesoft Data Recovery
- #7) EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard
- #8) Advanced Disk Recovery
- #9) R-Studio Data Recovery Software
- #10) PhotoRec
- #11) TestDisk
- #12) PC Inspector File Recovery
- #13) Wise Data Recovery
- #14) Undelete 360
List of Best Data Recovery Software Solutions
- Stellar Data Recovery
- TogetherShare Data Recovery Software
- Disk Drill
- Wondershare Recoverit
- Aiseesoft Data Recovery
- EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard
- Advanced Disk Recovery
- R-Studio Data Recovery Software
- PC Inspector File Recovery
- Wise Data Recovery
- Undelete 360
Comparison of Top Data Recovery Solutions
|Data recovery solutions||Platform||Supported File types for recovery||File system/structure||Price|
|Stellar||Windows & Mac||Photos, videos, audio files, contacts, messages, calendar, and call history.||NTFS, FAT, FAT16, FAT32, and exFAT HFS, HFS+, and APFS.||Free to Test. Premium Data Recovery plans starts at $79.99
Photo Recovery plan starts at $39.99
|TogetherShare Data Recovery Software||Windows, Mac, and iPhone.||Photos, videos, documents, emails, etc.||FAT 12/16/32, exFAT, NTFS, NTFS 5, ext 2, ext 3, etc.||Free version, Pro version: $69.95, Enterprise version: $299.00|
|Disk Drill||Windows & Mac||Documents, videos, archives, music, or photos.||FAT, NTFS, HFS+, EXT4.||Basic: Free up to 500 MB on Windows
Pro (Windows): $89
Pro (Mac): $89.
|Wondershare Recoverit||Windows & Mac.||Photos, Videos, Audios, emails, etc.||NTFS, FAT, HFS+, APFS.||It starts at $59.95 per year. Free version available.|
|Aiseesoft Data Recovery||Windows and Mac||Image, audio, video, emails, documents, etc.||--||Free trial available.|
|EaseUS||Windows & Mac||1000+ file types for documents, videos, audios, graphics, email, and other files||FAT, exFAT, NTFS, NTFS5, ext2/ext3, HFS+, ReFS file systems.||Free, Pro ($69.95/month), and Pro+WinPE ($99.90/month). For Mac OS, EaseUS has two editions i.e. Free and Pro ($89.95/month).|
|Advanced Disk Recovery||Windows||Audio, Video, text & all other file types.||--||$39.95 till 30 March 2020 then $69.95 annually.|
Let’s explore each tool in detail!!
#1) Stellar Data Recovery
=> Download your free copy of the Stellar Data Recovery Tool to check what you can recover.
Stellar Data Recovery is best for consumers and businesses. It can work with desktop, laptop, mobile, server, flash drive, memory card, and other external storage. It provides 24*5 support. It has Data Recovery Software, Photo Recovery Software, iPhone Recovery Software, and Video Repair Software.
- For video repair, it works with DSLR, drone, digicam, surveillance camera, & Mobile Phone.
- Photos, Videos, and audio files can be recovered from an SD card, CF Card, USB Sticks, or from any other media.
- It can work with your iPhone and iPad to recover deleted photos, videos, contacts, messages, calendars, and call histories.
Price: The table below will show you the details of the pricing plans for various software. It offers a 30-day money-back guarantee for licensed products. Free download is also available for the product.
|Data Recovery||Professional: $79.99
|Photo Recovery||Standard: $39.99
|iPhone Recovery Software||Standard: $39.99
Standard Plus: $59.99
|Video Repair||Standard: $49.99
Verdict: It is an easy-to-use, future-ready solution. It will also help you to create software for Email Repair, Data Recovery, Database Repair, and File repair.
TogetherShare offers a reliable and cost-effective solution for enterprises and businesses. It supports recovering of all types of files such as videos, photos, documents, emails, etc.
The software is easy to use and will let you recover the data in just three simple steps. File Systems that are supported by the tool are FAT 12/16/32, exFAT, NTFS, NTFS 5, ext 2, ext 3, etc.
- TogetherShare Data Recovery Software supports recovering data from HDD, SSD, memory card, digital camera, RAID, Server, USB flash drive, etc.
- It has capabilities for recovering data that is lost due to virus infection, logical error, power failure, etc.
- It can recover data from inaccessible hard drive partition.
- It supports recovering unlimited files with the paid version.
- One enterprise license can be used for unlimited PCs.
System Requirements: Windows, Mac, iPhone.
Price: TogetherShare Data Recovery Software offers a free version. It has two more versions, the Pro version ($69.95 per PC) and the Enterprise version ($299.00, one license for unlimited PCs). It offers a 30-days money-back guarantee.
Verdict: TogetherShare Data recovery Software is a powerful software that can perform deleted file recovery, formatted data recovery, partition recovery, and other data recoveries. The tool is safe and easy to use. It provides tech support and lifetime upgrades for free.
#3) Disk Drill (Free) Mac and Windows
Disk Drill can recover files on Windows and Mac. Pandora Recovery is now converted to Disk Drill with additional features. It will give you improved quality and will allow you to recover archived, hidden, compressed, or encrypted files.
- It can recover all file formats.
- It supports all file systems.
- It can recover any undamaged storage device.
- It provides full support for FAT, NTFS, HFS+, EXT4.
- It can recover documents, videos, archives, music, or photos.
System Requirements: Windows XP and above and 16 MB of disk space.
For Mac and Windows OS, Disk Drill offers three pricing plans as shown below.
Disk Drill for Windows allows recovery of 500MB for free.
The table below will show you the details of the pricing plans:
|Mac OS||Windows OS|
|Basic: Free||Basic: Free|
|Pro: $89||Pro: $89|
|Enterprise: $399||Enterprise: $199|
DISCOUNT: 10% OFF coupon code for the Disk Drill Pro to your article: SOFTWARETESTING
Verdict: As per the user reviews, it is easy to use and fast. It performs scanning at a fast rate. It has features of full partition recovery, surface scan, easy preview, and support for all file types.
Recoverit by Wondershare is a comprehensive and professional solution to recover lost data from computer disk, flash drive, SD card, etc. It provides a preview before recovery.
With Recoverit, it is only a 3-step data recovery process, Select, Scan, and Preview the recovered files to get them back. Its technical support is available for free, 24*7.
Wondershare Recoverit can recover deleted files like photos, videos, audio, emails, etc. It supports more than 1000 file formats. It can recover data from your PC, Mac, hard drive, USB, SD card, etc.
- Wondershare Recoverit makes the use of patent technology to recover deeply hidden videos.
- It can repair different formats of video files.
- It can repair multiple videos at the same time.
- It can rescue the data from a crashed PC.
System Requirements: Windows and Mac.
Price: Recoverit offers pricing plans for Individuals, Teams & Businesses, and Students & Teachers. For the small teams (less than 5 PCs), it will cost $139.95 per year. Medium to large size organizations can get a quote. Plans for individuals start at $59.95 per year.
Wondershare Recoverit offers a 7-days money-back guarantee. It also offers a free version to recover data.
Verdict: Wondershare Recoverit is providing service since 2003. It is trusted by more than 5 million users. This comprehensive and professional solution can recover all lost data from computer disk, flash drive, SD card, etc.
AnyRecover is a data recovery software that is available in a free and paid version. It can recover lost or deleted files from different data loss situations. It supports various devices for data recovery. It can be used to recover the data that is lost by formatting, deleting, partition loss, disk damage, virus attack, etc.
- AnyRecover can perform emptied Recycle Bin Recovery, lost partition recovery, external device data recovery, and raw partition recovery.
- It supports all types of storage devices such as digital camera, computer, memory card, flash drive, camcorder, etc.
- You can preview the data before the recovery.
- It supports the recovery of multiple files.
System Requirements: Windows and Mac.
Price: AnyRecover offers a free edition to recover up to 3 files. Its Pro version will cost you $49.95.
|Mac OS||Windows OS|
|AnyRecover Free||AnyRecover Free|
|AnyRecover Pro: $49.95||AnyRecover Pro: $49.95|
|Business: $499.95 Lifetime license||Business: $399.95 Lifetime license|
Verdict: You will not require any expert skills to use AnyRecover. It provides free technical support and lifetime free updates with the Pro plan.
#6) Aiseesoft Data Recovery
Aiseesoft Data Recovery is a solution to recover deleted or lost files from a computer, hard drive, memory card, etc. You can recover photos, audio, videos, documents, emails, etc.
It has the capabilities to recover data that is lost/deleted accidentally, due to the formatted partition, some hard drive problems, RAW hard drive, or crashed computer.
- Supported devices to recover data include memory cards, computers, laptops, flash drives, digital camera Camcorder, hard drive, removal drives, etc.
- It has a powerful search feature that will help you find lost data quickly.
- It performs the data scanning process quickly.
- The deep scan feature can find all the deleted files.
System Requirements: Windows 10/8/8.1/7/Vista, Windows XP (SP2 or above). Mac OS X 10.7 or above.
Price: Aiseesoft Data Recovery offers flexible licensing options, 1 Month License ($23.96), a Lifetime License ($55.96 for 3 PCs), and a 1-Year License ($39.96). It is available to download for free. It provides a 30-day money-back guarantee.
Verdict: Aiseesoft Data Recovery is an all-in-one solution for recovering any type of data such as emails, images, etc. It is suitable for all situations. It has powerful search and deep scanning capabilities.
#7) EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard
EaseUS Data Recovery has various functionalities like accidentally deleted file recovery, formatted recovery, virus attack recovery, hard drive damage, recycle bin empty data recovery, OS crash recovery, lost partition recovery, and RAW Partition recovery.
It can recover data from various types of devices like PC, laptops, Hard drives, Pen drives, Digital Cameras, Video players, etc.
- It can recover data from different loss situations.
- It can recover files, photos, documents, videos, etc.
- It can recover after deletion, formatting errors, partition losses, OS crashes, virus attacks, etc.
- It supports more than 1000 file types for documents, videos, audio, graphics, email, and other files.
- It supports FAT, exFAT, NTFS, NTFS5, ext2/ext3, HFS+, ReFS file systems.
System Requirements: Windows XP+ or Windows Server 2003+. RAM: Minimum 128 MB. It will require at least 32 MB of space.
Price: EaseUS provides a free version and a free version that can recover up to 2 GB of data for Windows and Mac OS. For Windows OS, it has three editions, i.e. Free, Pro ($69.95/month), and Pro+WinPE ($99.90/month). For Mac OS, EaseUS has two editions i.e. Free and Pro ($89.95/month).
Verdict: EaseUS supports Windows and Mac OS. It provides flexible scanning modes like Quick Scan and Deep Scan. It provides a preview before final recovery and that can avoid unnecessary recovery.
#8) Advanced Disk Recovery
Advanced Disk Recovery can quickly recover deleted, formatted, or lost data. It can retrieve lost or deleted photos, videos, audios, documents, etc. from Hard Drive, USB, or other storage media.
It is a 100% safe and hassle-free solution. All deleted data will be recovered without overwriting the original data. Various devices are supported by this solution like PC, laptop, SSD, USB, and External Disk.
- Advanced Disk Recovery provides compatibility with all types of file formats.
- External Memory Cards, USB, SSD, and Hard Drives are supported by Advanced Disk Recovery.
- To locate and restore files according to time, size, data, etc., the tool will allow you to use filters.
- It can recover files and folders in case of an accidental format.
System Requirements: Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7, Vista, and XP for both 32-bit and 64-bit.
Price: Advanced Disk Recovery is available at a discounted price of $39.95 annually until 30 March 2020. Its regular price is $69.95 annually. It also offers 60 days money-back guarantee.
Verdict: Advanced Disk Recovery solution supports external devices and it can recover all types of data.
#9) R-Studio Data Recovery Software
R-Studio is available for Windows, Mac, and Linux. It can perform data recovery from local disks, removable disks, heavily corrupted disks, unbootable disks, or clients connected to LAN and Internet. This tool is best for small to large data recovery options.
- It supports a wide range of file systems.
- The most common partition schemes are supported.
- It makes use of an advanced recovery algorithm.
Price: The image below will show you the pricing for R-Studio data recovery. It also has a pricing plan for Disk Cloning, Backup, File Repair, and PC Privacy. You can get a quote as per your requirements for the product and the number of licenses. It offers freeware products like R-Undelete Home, R-Photo, and R-Linux.
Verdict: It provides an emergency startup version. It has more features like a built-in file viewer and disk image creation.
Suggested Read => Top Test Data Management Tools
PhotoRec supports Windows, DOS, Linux, FreeBSD, NetBSD, Sun Solaris, and Mac OS. It can recover the data even if the media’s file system is severely damaged or reformatted.
- It can recover videos, archives, and documents.
- It can work with hard drives and CD-ROMs.
- It will help you to recover lost pictures from the digital camera memory.
Price: It is a free and open-source tool.
Verdict: PhotoRec is safe because of its read-only access to drives and memory cards. It supports FAT, NTFS, exFAT, ext2/ext3/ext4 file system, and HFS+ file systems. It doesn’t have a graphical interface.
TestDisk and PhotoRec are companion programs. TestDisk is for recovering lost partitions. It can convert non-bootable disks into a bootable disk.
- Partitions and files can be recovered.
- It supports cross-platform.
- It is free and open-source.
Price: Free and open source.
Verdict: TestDisk has a command-line tool interface and thus it is not suitable for newbies as it requires technical knowledge.
#12) PC Inspector File Recovery
PC Inspector File Recovery is a freeware program. It supports FAT12/16/32 & NTFS file systems. Many languages are supported by this tool. It will allow you to save data to the networked drive. It will help in the organization of recovered files by placing them in the correct file structure.
- There is an automatic finding of partitions even if the boot sector or FAT is damaged or erased.
- File recovery with the original date and time stamp.
- It will allow you to store recovered files on network drives.
- Even if the header entry is no longer available, this tool can recover files.
- It supports various Disk formats like ARJ, AVI, CDR, and many others.
Verdict: PC Inspector File Recovery can recover lost partitions. It will not work in case of mechanical problems with a disk drive. As per the reviews, there are complaints about freezing during the recovery process.
Website: PC Inspector
#13) Wise Data Recovery
Wise Data Recovery can recover files in case of accidental recovery, formatted drives, or in case of a system crash. It can work with a hard drive, external hard drive, USB drive, Memory card, Digital camera, desktop, laptop, Mobile phone, MP3 Player, or other storage media. It supports FAT 12/16/32, exFAT, and NTFS file systems.
All Windows versions (Windows XP and above) are supported by the Wise Data Recovery tool.
- It performs scanning at a fast rate by making use of advanced algorithms.
- It has indicators for data quality.
- It has a clear interface.
- It provides convenient filters
Price: It provides a free version. It provides a 60-day money-back guarantee for licensed products. Wise Cleaner has multiple solutions from PC Optimized Software, Anti Malware, and Duplicate Finder to Video Converter. The product range starts from $9.96.
Verdict: Wise Data Recovery is easy to use and set up tool for Windows. It performs scanning quickly. It provides a portable version along with 24*7 support. As per the reviews, it doesn’t scan deeply and thus leaves a large number of files unrecoverable.
Website: Wise Data Recovery
#14) Undelete 360
Undelete 360 will allow you to recover files from the recycle bin, computer, digital camera, and flash drive. It works with Hard Drives, Digital Cameras, Floppy Drives, and USB Flash Drives. It makes use of a fast and efficient algorithm. It can perform file recovery and folder recovery.
- It can recover the files that have been deleted from the command line.
- Files that are created and deleted by certain applications can also be recovered.
- Files that are deleted permanently using Shift+Delete keys can also be recovered.
- It can recover files that have been deleted from Windows network shares and from the USB memory stick.
Price: Undelete 360 is freeware.
Verdict: Undelete 360 is a freeware program for performing file and folder recovery.
Website: Undelete 360
We have reviewed and compared the top data recovery software in this article. Stellar Data Recovery, Disk Drill, R-Studio, Recuva, EaseUS, and Wise Data Recovery offer a free edition of the tool. PhotoRec and TestDisk are companion programs.
These are free and open-source tools. PhotoRec is for recovering photos, videos, documents, etc. TestDisk is for recovering lost partitions.
Also read =>> Top Partition Manager Software for Windows 10
PC Inspector File Recovery and Undelete 360 are freeware. MiniTool offers freeware as well as licensed products. For licensed products, it offers a money-back guarantee of 30-days. Stellar Data Recovery has licensed products with a 30-day money-back guarantee. It also offers a free download of the products.
Hope this article has helped you in choosing the right Data Recovery Software!