A Comparative Study of the very close Competitors and Alternatives to Sauce Labs:
This article on Sauce Labs competitors will give you a detailed comparison of Sauce Labs and its alternatives.
There is a list of other top companies which provide test management systems. Before we explore about Sauce labs, this article will give you some information about those systems and their providers.
We will take a look at the services and products provided by these competitor companies along with the product cost, and a few other factors. Later, based on these factors we will compare them shortly.
Before getting engaged in a long-term relationship with the company/tool, you must know about it Sauce Labs and its competitors. It will be more beneficial to buy a product which best suits your needs. This article will help you in performing such analysis.
Let's Explore Sauce Labs and its competitors now!
What You Will Learn:
About Sauce Labs
Sauce Labs is an American company. It provides automated testing services for web and mobile applications. It is headquartered in San Francisco, California. This company provides its services to Small, Medium, and Large companies.
It also provides support to open source projects. For Web Testing, the company provides services of cross-browser testing, mobile emulators & simulators, and live web testing. Soon a new product will be up which is Sauce Headless. For Mobile App Testing, it provides services of Real Device Cloud, Mobile Emulators & Simulators, and Live App Testing.
- Can work with any browser, OS, and mobile device.
- Company provides enterprise grade security and scalability.
- It is a leader in innovation.
- Largest continuous testing cloud.
Sauce Labs Pricing Plans: Live: $19/month, Automated: $149/month, Unlimited Automated: $298/month, Enterprise: Contact them.
Website: Sauce Labs
|Sauce Labs||Continuous testing services.||Web Testing,|
Mobile App Testing
Enterprise: Contact them.
|Small, Medium, Enterprise, Open source projects|
Best Sauce Labs Competitors in 2019
Enlisted below are the most popular Sauce Labs alternatives that are available in the market.
|Our Rank||Overlap %||Services||Products||Cost||Suitable for|
|LambdaTest||1||0.6||Website Compatibility Testing, Responsive Testing||Live & Automation Testing for websites & web apps||Live Plan at $19 /month|
|Small, Medium, Freelancers, Enterprise|
|CrossBrowserTesting||2||0.5||Web testing on any browser & mobile.||Live, Visual, Automated and|
|Live Testing: $29/month |
Automated Testing: $60/month
Unlimited Testing: $100/month
|Small, Medium, & Large.|
|Kobiton||3||0.7||Best mobile experience platform, |
Real device testing, Device lab management etc.
|Real-device test cloud, and Mobile Device Testing.||Free Trial, |
Team Plan: $50/month,
Org Plan: $500/month.
|Small, Medium, & Large.|
|BrowserStack||4||0.9||Website Testing & Mobile apps testing.||Live & Automate for websites and App Live & App Automate||Live: $29/month |
Automate Pro: $99/month
Automate Mobile: $149/month
Mobile App Testing Plans:
App Live: $49/month
App Automate: $199/month
|Selenium||5||0.2||Automates browsers||Selenium IDE, Grid, RC, and WebDriver||Open Source||Any company size.|
|Appium||6||0.4||Automation testing for mobile apps||It can be used for native, hybrid, & mobile apps.||Open Source||Small, Medium, Large|
|TestComplete||7||0.4||Application Testing on Desktop, Web, & Mobile.||Object Recognition With AI.|
Automated GUI Test.
Test Automation Tool.
|Pricing starts at $1199.||Small, Medium, Large.|
|Testing Bot||8||0.2||Automated & Manual Browser Testing||Automated, Live, and |
JS Unit Testing
Automated Pro: $90/month
Enterprise: Contact them.
|Endtest||9||0.2||Automated Testing||UI Testing||Free plan|
Enterprise: Custom price
|Any company which develops Web & Mobile applications.|
Let's see the detailed review of each:
LambdaTest provides services for website & web app testing.
User can perform Live and Automation testing on LambdaTest platform. LambdaTest performs at par with Sauce Labs and its automation plan comes at half the cost. It provides services to SME, Freelancers, and Enterprises.
The company provides different pricing plans for cross-browser testing. We can rank it as a number one alternative to Sauce Labs.
- Drastically reduce your build times and speed up your goto market with Automated Testing.
- Performs responsive testing.
- Perform testing on the go at LambdaTest cloud environment, no need to set up huge testing infrastructure.
LambdaTest Plans: Live: $19/month, Web Automation: $79/month
CrossBrowserTesting is provided by a company called SmartBear. CrossBrowserTesting allows you to run your live, visual and Selenium UI tests on over 2050 real desktop and mobile browsers.
With the Record & Replay tool, you’re able to record a live test and then run that recorded test in parallel against multiple browsers and devices. This is beneficial for the non-technical user that is looking to speed up their testing. SauceLabs does not provide this feature.
- It works for any browser and mobile device.
- Parallel testing on multiple browsers.
- Selenium & Appium cloud testing.
- It can be integrated with Jenkins, TeamCity, GitHub, Jira, and much more.
Pricing Plans: Live Testing: $29/month, Automated Testing: $ 60/month, Unlimited testing: $100/month.
Kobiton is a highly flexible cloud-based mobile experience platform based in Atlanta, GA that accelerates the testing and delivery of native, web and hybrid apps on both Android and iOS. It is suitable for teams ranging from small startups to large enterprises, the starting cost is a fraction of Sauce Labs with customizable plan options that are available to fit any size budget.
An open REST API allows the teams to quickly and easily integrate with the existing CI/CD tools for an optimized DevOps experience. Kobiton leverages the Appium framework and has recently released its first Scriptless automation tool for mobile, allowing teams to create and export open standard Appium scripts without writing any code.
- On-premise and remote device lab management.
- Unlimited parallel test execution.
- Integrations with most CI/CD tools.
- Scriptless test automation for mobile [create & export Appium scripts without coding].
- Robust reporting and test analysis.
- Unlimited users/seats.
- Supported languages include Java, NodeJS, Python, Ruby, C#, & PHP.
Pricing: $0 Free Trial | Team Plan: $50/month | Org Plan: $500/month | Contact Us For Enterprise.
BrowserStack provides services for web and mobile testing.
It performs Live and automation testing. It has 90% overlapping services with Sauce Labs. It provides services to enterprises. The company provides different pricing plans for browser testing and mobile app testing. We can rank it as a number one alternative to Sauce Labs.
- You will not have to wait for testing. No Queues and instant access.
- Performs responsive testing.
- Provides cloud-based services, which means browsers are in the cloud and you will be able to test from anywhere.
Browse Testing Plans: Live: $29/month, Automate Pro: $99/month, Automate Mobile: $ 149/month.
Mobile App Testing Plans: App Live: $49/month, App Automate: $199/month.
It automates the browsers and it can be used by any company. Products provided by Selenium are Selenium IDE, Selenium WebDriver, Selenium RC, and Selenium Grid.
Selenium is an open source and is rich in featured products and hence it is very popular. It can be a number 2 alternative to Sauce Labs. Though it has 20% overlapping services with Sauce Labs, because of its popularity it is a number 2 alternative.
- Selenium IDE: It is a Firefox add-on. Easy to use, provides record and playback facility and can generate/write scripts.
- Selenium RC: It is officially deprecated.
- Selenium WebDriver: It is an automation tool to generate browser-based regression test.
Pricing Plans: Open-source.
Appium provides automation testing services for mobile apps.
It can be used for native, hybrid, & mobile apps. It is an open-source product and provides its services to small, medium and large companies. It has 40% overlapping services with Sauce Labs and hence it is number 3 alternative to Sauce Labs.
- It uses WebDriver protocol for iOS, Android, and Windows apps.
- Tests any mobile app.
- Supports any language.
- It provides complete access to backend APIs and DBs from test code.
Pricing Plans: Open Source
TestComplete is provided by a company named SmartBear. TestComplete performs application testing. It provides its services to small, medium, and large companies. It has 40% overlapping services with Sauce Labs and can be ranked as a 4th alternative.
- Hybrid Object recognition engine with AI.
- It can be used for any desktop, web, and mobile application.
- It helps in building and maintaining automated GUI tests.
- It allows you to create the script with seven different languages.
- It is a flexible tool and there is no need to select the mode- Scripting or scripting less.
- It allows you to reuse the tests.
Pricing Plans: Pricing starts at $1199.
It performs both automated and manual browser testing. Testing services provided by TestingBot include Automated Testing, Live Testing, Visual Testing, and JS Unit Testing. TestingBot has 20% overlapping services with Sauce Labs and can be ranked as the sixth alternative for it.
- Cloud-based Selenium Grid which gives access to any browser.
- It helps in Live Testing, Automation Testing, and Local Testing.
Pricing Plans: Live: $20 /month, Automated: $50/month, Automated Pro: $90/month, Enterprise: Contact them.
Endtest performs automated testing. It can be used by the company which develops web and mobile application. Endtest has 20% overlapping services with Sauce Labs. Hence, it is the seventh alternative to Sauce Labs in our list.
- It supports codeless testing.
- It can perform testing on Android and iOS devices and on multiple browsers.
- Tests can be managed directly in the cloud.
- The tool can generate random test data.
- Provides many more features like video recording, uploading files, and taking screenshots.
Pricing Plans: Free plan, Pro: $1650/year, Enterprise: Custom price.
This is all about Sauce Labs competitors. Numbers and percentage used in this article are based on the research and reviews available online. Overlapping services percentage is also an approximate percentage.
If we compare based on the services provided, BrowserStack and Cross Browser Testing will compete with Sauce Labs. Approximately, Appium has 40% overlap for the services, but it is an open source tool. Hence it a top competitor. Selenium turned out to be the first alternative, as it provides more features and an open source tool as well.