List and Comparison of the Best Free and Commercial Project Management Apps in the market for Android and iOS:
Project management apps allow you to organize project related work and schedule tasks easily. This will allow you to assign roles and responsibilities and track project related activities to follow the schedule.
In order to deliver the projects on time, it is necessary to organize and manage the whole project management process in the right way. Hence, to manage and schedule the tasks correctly, it is very important to use the appropriate tool. Usage of these tools will allow the project managers to work on the go.
Most of the project management software apps are available on iOS and Android devices or web-based.
Thus they allow you to work from anywhere anytime. Integration of these project apps with the existing tools will give more flexibility for the work.
Immense care should be exercised while choosing a Project Management App for your business. You must consider the features and functionalities, platform support, support for team size, price etc. We have hand-picked the best Project Management Apps that are available in the market and listed them here in this article for your convenience.
Project apps are important in several ways and a few of them are listed below.
- It helps project managers in assigning and scheduling resources.
- It assists in estimating the time.
- It supports in planning and tracking of project activities.
- It helps the managers to execute the plan.
- It guides the managers to keep track of the project activities on the go.
Let’s explore the most commonly used Project Management Application in detail.
What You Will Learn:
- Top 10 Project Management Apps for Android and iOS
Top 10 Project Management Apps for Android and iOS
We will take an in-depth look at the most popular Project Management and Scheduling Apps available in the market for Android and iOS devices.
- Oracle NetSuite
|Project Management App||Platform||Team Size||Integrations||Price|
|Small, medium, & large.||Kanban, Timeline, or Charts||It provides a free trial.
For 5 users;
Basic Plan: $25 per month.
Standard: $39 per month.
Pro: $59 per month.
Enterprise: Contact them to get a quote.
|Small, Medium & Large||Google Drive, Google Suite, Dropbox, Zapier||Starter: $39 per month
Pro: $79 per month
Business: $124 per month
Enterprise: Contact them to get a quote.
|Backlog||Web-based and self-hosting options, |
|Small to Large Business.||Slack, Jenkins, Google Sheets, Calendar, Jira and Redmine importer, Cacoo, Typetalk.||Free plan available, $35/month for 30 users,
$100 for unlimited users, and
$175 for a Premium plan.
|Oracle NetSuite||Web-based||Small to large businesses||--||Get a quote|
|Favro||Web-based||Small to large businesses||Slack, Dropbox, Jira, API & WebHooks, Zapier, GitHub issues, GitLab Source Control, etc.||Lite: $25.5/month
Prices for 5 users & annual billing.
|Freshservice||Windows, Mac, Linux, Android, & iOS.||Small to large businesses & freelancers.||G Suite, FreshBooks, Jira, Zapier, Dropbox, Amazon Web Services, box, ClearGraph, SurveyMonkey, etc.||Blossom: $19 /agent/month,
Garden: $49 /agent/month,
Estate: $79 /agent/month,
Forest: $99 /agent/ month.
|Wrike||Web-based, iOS, & Android.||Small to large businesses.||JIRA, GitHub, Adobe, etc.||Free plan available,
|Small to large businesses.||Integration with thousands of applications is allowed.||Basic Package: $12 per user per month.
Add-ons price starts at $3 per user per month.
|Trello||Android,iOS, Windows, Web-based||Small, medium, & large.||Jira, Slack, Google Drive, InVision etc.||Free
Business Class: $ 9.99 per user/month
Enterprise: $ 20.83 per user/month
|Small & growing teams.||--||Price starts at $ 7 per month.|
|Small, medium, & large.||Any online tool with chrome extensions.||Free,
Four other plans available at $39, $79, $149, and $299 per month
|Small, medium, & large.||MS Office, CSV files, Gmail, outlook, Slack, TimeCamp etc.||Premium Plan: $ 9.99 per user/month,
Business Plan: $19.99 per user/month
Enterprise plan: Contact for the price.
|Meistertask||iPhone, iPad, Mac OS, and Windows.||Small, medium, & large.||Dropbox, GitHub, Zendesk, Box, Bitbucket, Google Drive etc.||Free.|
Here is a detailed review and comparison of each.
monday.com will help you with project management with features like reporting, Calendar, time tracking, planning, etc. It is suitable for any business size.
- Project development can be tracked through Kanban, Timeline, or Charts.
- It has functionalities for planning sprints, and creating user stories and assigning to team members.
- It provides good collaboration features.
- Integration with third-party applications.
- It provides a free trial.
- Basic Plan: $25 for 5 users per month.
- Standard: $39 for 5 users per month.
- Pro: $59 for 5 users per month.
- Enterprise: Get a quote.
Nifty is a collaborative workspace to plan your projects, communicate with your team & stakeholders, and automate your project-progress reporting.
NiftyPM really does an amazing job at combining multiple tools to encompass the entirety of a project cycle. It strikes the perfect balance between big-picture planning (roadmap is fantastic) and the daily grind (tasks, files, and collaboration).
- Projects can be managed through Kanban-style Tasks that can be connected with Milestones.
- Project Overview provides a birds-eye view of the progression of all your projects.
- Documents can be created directly within each project.
- Team Chat widget allows communication while working in any pocket of Nifty.
Pros: Beautiful interface, very intuitive. The ease of use and transitioning is a huge plus. Rockstar support team.
Cons: Nothing significant enough to mention.
- Starter: $39 per month
- Pro: $79 per month
- Business: $124 per month
- Enterprise: Contact them to get a quote.
All Plans Include:
- Unlimited active projects
- Unlimited guests & clients
- Docs & files
- Team chat
- Time tracking & reporting
- iOS, Android, and Desktop apps
- Google single sign-on (SSO)
- Open API
Backlog is an all-in-one project management tool with mobile apps designed and built for development and cross-functional teams.
- The app allows you to manage and update projects from your mobile device anywhere.
- Developers can create, branch, and track projects with Git/SVN repositories and version control.
- Projects are easily managed with tasks and subtasks. Useful task attributes include versions, milestones, priorities, categories, assignees, and progress.
- Gantt and Burndown charts are available as well as Kanban-style Boards.
- Built-in project Wikis allow users to document processes, organize meeting notes, and track changes.
- Both web-based and self-hosted versions are available.
- Native iOS and Android apps.
- Easy to set up and start running quickly.
- Easy download and login from your mobile device and fully integrated with your desktop version.
- Simple interface that new users find quick to learn and use. As a result, this tool is useful for non-development teams for their task or project management purposes.
- Backlog has both Wiki and Git/SVN built-in; users do not have to purchase these separately, unlike Confluence and Bitbucket.
- Backlog comes with an unlimited user plan, which is cost-effective for larger (or smaller) teams.
- It has some integration limitations.
- Free: $0 per month for 10 users
- Starter: $35 per month for 30 users
- Standard: $100 per month for unlimited users
- Premium: $175 per month
- Enterprise (on-premise): Starting at $1,200 per year for 20 users.
#4) Oracle NetSuite
Oracle NetSuite provides a powerful, cloud-based Project Management Suite. It provides the functionalities of visibility, collaboration, and control that will help you to deliver on-time.
Oracle NetSuite is a cloud-based solution that will provide real-time access to project information anytime, anywhere. It has a wide range of functionalities like project management, resource management, project accounting, billing, timesheet management, expense management, and analytics.
- Exception filters will help you to identify underperforming areas.
- It provides complete project visibility through the Gantt chart and a comprehensive real-time snapshot of project status.
- It provides features to record and track project issues down to the task level with details like severity, descriptions, assignment, etc.
- It has project templates that will make it easier to set up the project.
- It provides features to track all the financial metrics of a project like budgets, estimates, work in progress, etc.
- It will be easier to view project tasks and plans.
- Oracle NetSuite provides a facility to optimize price, margin, billing rates, etc.
- You will be able to collaborate in real-time with the team.
- The tool will let you estimate project profitability.
- No such cons to mention.
Price: A free product tour is available for the Oracle NetSuite. You can get a quote for pricing details.
Favro is the agile tool and all-in-one app for collaborative writing, planning, and organizing your work.
Favro has all the capabilities that are required to adapt your unique way of working. It offers cards, boards, collections, and relations. Cards are for multiple tasks including communicating and providing real-time feedback.
These cards will be displayed on the boards and boards are easy to configure for planning and management. Teams can view cards on the boards in multiple ways such as Kanban, Sheet, or Timeline.
- Favro has features for team collaboration, cross-team collaboration, and collaboration between teams and companies.
- Favro Relations provides a view of company interaction and navigation between the teams and verticals.
- Favro Relations makes the process simple by avoiding the need to be controlled by a single person. Everyone can just follow the Relations.
- The tool is easy to learn.
- Can be used by newbies, team leaders, and CEOs.
- It offers all the functionalities and can replace the tools like Confluence, Trello, etc.
Cons: No such cons to mention.
- A free trial available for 14 days.
- Lite: $25.5 per month
- Standard: $34 per month
- Enterprise: $63.75 per month
- These prices are for annual billing & 5 users.
- Monthly billing plans are also available.
All Plans Include:
- Unlimited boards and backlogs.
- Apps for iOS and Android Devices
- OAuth through Google and GitHub
- Collections (5 to Unlimited, based on the plan)
Freshservice is a complete project management toolkit that provides greater collaboration and you will be able to align your IT to business goals. It provides various features to manage IT projects from scratch to wrap-up.
- It provides task management features to organize projects into tasks and nested subtasks.
- You can set multiple SLA policies to create task deadlines.
- Through collaboration, brainstorming ideas, and sharing context across teams, you will be able to bounce ideas off each other.
- You will be able to plan projects using integrated modules and managing their dependencies and relationships from a single platform.
- It provides task management features that will let you organize projects into tasks and nested sub-tasks.
- Customization features
- Integration capabilities
- It offers a free trial for 21 days.
- Blossom: $19 per agent per month
- Garden: $49 per agent per month
- Estate: $79 per agent per month
- Forest: $99 per agent per month
Wrike is a cloud-based tool for project management and collaboration. It will simplify the process of planning and helps in streamlining the workflow.
- It will give you real-time reports.
- It will allow you to collaborate with stakeholders.
- It can be integrated with many tools like JIRA, GitHub, Adobe etc.
Mobile Apps: Web-based, iOS, and Android.
Best For: It can be used by small, medium, and large-sized businesses.
Price: There are five plans, Free (Up to 5 users), Professional ($9.80 per user/month), Business ($24.80per user/month), Marketers ($34.60 per user/month), and Enterprise (Contact them).
Hive provides the productivity tool that will let the teams manage projects in a way that works best for them. It supports multiple project layouts like Gantt chart, Kanban board, table, or Calendar. You will be able to easily switch between the views.
- The tool provides the functionality to plan and schedule your team’s time for current as well as upcoming projects.
- You will be able to easily collaborate with your team by sending messages to groups or individuals.
- It provides many more features like automated workflows, time tracking, and action cards.
- It has features to share files and you can upload directly to a task, project, or message.
- You will be able to monitor and detect the risks proactively through analytics.
- Hive can be integrated with thousands of applications.
- No such cons to mention but it needs to improve
- The basic package will cost you $12 per user per month.
- Add-on price starts at $3 per user per month.
- The tool can be tried for free.
Trello is a flexible, easy to use, web-based project management solution. It is perfect for any company of any team size. It can be used on desktop and mobiles. It supports Chrome, Firefox, IE, and Safari browsers.
- The tool allows you to collaborate with your team from anywhere.
- It can be integrated with the apps that you currently use.
- It can be used with any team, any project, etc.
- It can be useful for planning a family vacation too.
Mobile Apps: It can be used on any device.
Best For: Business version can be used by any sized company. Enterprise version is for large companies to manage multiple teams.
Business Class: $9.99 per user/month
Enterprise: $20.83 per user/month
This online project management tool will allow you to draw workflows. You can use it in the same way of using a mind map software.
- The tool is best for similar and repeatable projects.
- It is easy to use and is ideal for non-project managers.
- It allows you to organize tasks and ideas.
Mobile Apps: It is a web-based tool. It can be used through any web browser.
Best For: The tool is best for small and growing teams.
Price: Price starts at $7 per month if paid annually.
Teamweek can be used for project planning and task management. It can be integrated with Slack, calendar, and any other online tool as well.
- Using Chrome extension, Teamweek can be integrated with an online tool.
- Annual Overview- it is like a helicopter view of the activities of the whole year.
- You can create project roadmaps and share them with your teams.
- It allows you to do planning based on the capacity.
Mobile Apps: Tool is available as web-based and on iOS as well.
Best For: Tool is best for small to large teams.
Price: It is free for a team of five people. There are four more plans available at $39, $79, $149, and $299 per month.
Asana is useful for workflows. It can be used for agile management, task management, team collaboration, Excel project management, team and project calendar etc.
- Real-time monitoring of project activities.
- It allows you to create customizable to-do lists.
- Defines roles and responsibilities.
- Agile management.
Mobile Apps: Available for iOS, Android etc.
Best For: This tool is best for any team.
Price: There are three plans, i.e. Premium Plan ($9.99 per user/month), Business Plan ($19.99 per user/month), and Enterprise plan (Contact for the price).
It is a web-based tool for project and task management. It can be integrated with the mind mapping app MindMeister.
- Customizable dashboard.
- It provides integration with Dropbox, GitHub, Zendesk etc.
- Flexible project boards.
Mobile Apps: iPhone, iPad, Mac OS, and Windows.
Best For: Tool is best for any team size. You can add the team members as per your requirement.
Price: Apps are free.
Meistertask provides four plans with names Basic, Pro, Business, and Enterprise. The basic plan is free. Pro plan ($8.25 per user/month), Business plan ($20.75 per user/month).
This tool will help you to organize your project work in one place.
As it is a web-based product, it can be used from anywhere using any browser. You can use this tool for any team size at the same price. Its price will not change according to the team size.
- It allows you to create a to-do list.
- It helps you to track time and share files.
- It allows you to communicate with the team.
Mobile Apps: Web-based, iPhone, iPad, Android, Mac, and Windows.
Best For: Any team size.
Price: $99 per month.
It is a project and task management tool. It supports data visualization and many other features. The tool will allow you to define the roles and responsibilities.
- You can schedule a meeting.
- Podio can be integrated with Dropbox, Google Drive, Evernote, and many other tools.
- It allows you to share the file with read-only access.
- You can personalize your dashboard.
Mobile Apps: iPhone, iPad, and Android.
Best For: It is best for small to large size teams.
Price: Tool is free for a team of five. The price of other plans starts at $9 per user per month. You can select the plan as per your requirement according to the features and size of your team.
It is a web-based tool. It provides many features for project management. It allows you to add features as an add-on as per your requirement. Currently, the Android app is not available, however, it is expected soon.
- There are Gantt Charts and Kanban board.
- It allows you to create a task list.
- You can split the large tasks into sub-tasks.
- It allows you to keep the task public as well as private.
Mobile Apps: iPhone and iPad.
Best For: Any team.
Price: It is free for any number of projects, tasks, and users. Paid plans are also available.
It is an online project management tool.
You can schedule the project and create task lists online as well. The dashboard will show you real-time data. With this tool, you will know about the time spent on each task.
- It supports MS Office and Microsoft project files.
- It can be integrated with Google Docs, Google Spreadsheets, Google Calendar, and Gmail.
- Real-time update on the created project plan.
- Gantt charts can be created.
Mobile Apps: There is an Android App and Chrome Plugin.
Best For: Tool is best for small teams.
Price: There are three plans, i.e. Personal ($15 per user/month), Team ($20 per user/month), and Business ($25 per user/month).
To conclude we can say that Trello, Wrike, and Asana are the easiest to use Project management apps.
Recommended reading =>> Project Management Office Guide
Trello is a flexible and easy to use project management app, which can be used on any device and it offers affordable pricing plans too.
Casual is an online project management tool. The Teamweek tool is available as a web-based and on iOS devices too but is a little bit pricey when compared with the others.
Asana provides good functionalities and is available on iOS and Android devices. Meistertask provides free apps and can be integrated with many other tools. Basecamp can be used on any device, with any team size, and that too at the same price. Its price will not change according to the team size.
Hope you would have chosen the best Project Management App from the above list!!