List and Comparison of the Best Free and Commercial Project Management Apps in the market for Android and iOS:
Project management apps allow you to organize project related work and schedule tasks easily. It will allow you to assign roles and responsibilities and track the project related activities to follow the schedule.
In order to deliver the projects on time, it is necessary to organize and manage the whole project management process in the right way. Hence, to manage and schedule the tasks correctly, it is very important to use the appropriate tool. Usage of these tools will allow the project managers to work on the go.
Most of the project management software apps are available on iOS and Android devices or web-based.
Thus they allow you to work from anywhere anytime. Integration of these project apps with the existing tools will give more flexibility for the work.
Immense care should be exercised while choosing a Project Management App for your business. You must consider the features and functionalities, platform support, support for team size, price etc. We have hand-picked the best Project Management Apps that are available in the market and listed them here in this article for your convenience.
Project Apps are important in several ways and a few among them are listed below.
- It helps the project managers in assigning and scheduling resources.
- It assists in estimating the time.
- It supports in planning and tracking of project activities.
- It helps the managers to execute the plan.
- It guides the managers to keep track of the project activities on the go.
Let's explore the most commonly used Project Management Application in detail now.
=>> Contact us to suggest your listing here.
|Project Management App||Platform||Team Size||Integrations||Price|
|Small, medium, & large.||Kanban, Timeline, or Charts||It provides a free trial.|
Basic Plan: $8 per user per month.
Standard: $10 per user per month.
Pro: $20 per user per month.
Enterprise: Get a quote.
|Small, Medium & Large||Google Drive, Google Suite, Dropbox, Zapier||Basic Plan: Free|
Standard Plan: $8 /user per month
Premium Plan: $12 /user per month
Enterprise: Custom Pricing
|Trello||Android,iOS, Windows, Web-based||Small, medium, & large.||Jira, Slack, Google Drive, InVision etc.||Free|
Business Class: $ 9.99 per user/month
Enterprise: $ 20.83 per user/month
|Small & growing teams.||--||Price starts at $ 7 per month.|
|Small, medium, & large.||Any online tool with chrome extensions.||Free,|
Four other plans available at $39, $79, $149, and $299 per month
|Small, medium, & large.||MS Office, CSV files, Gmail, outlook, Slack, TimeCamp etc.||Premium Plan: $ 9.99 per user/month,|
Business Plan: $19.99 per user/month
Enterprise plan: Contact for the price.
|Meistertask||iPhone, iPad, Mac OS, and Windows.||Small, medium, & large.||Dropbox, GitHub, Zendesk, Box, Bitbucket, Google Drive etc.||Free.|
What You Will Learn:
Top 10 Project Management Apps for Android and iOS
We will take an in-depth look at the most popular Project Management and Scheduling Apps available in the market for Android and iOS devices.
Here is the detailed review and comparison of each.
monday.com will help you with project management with features like reporting, Calendar, time tracking, planning, etc. It is suitable for any business size.
- Project development can be tracked through Kanban, Timeline, or Charts.
- It has functionalities for planning sprints, and creating user stories and assigning to team members.
- It provides good collaboration features.
- Integration with third-party applications.
- It provides a free trial.
- Basic Plan: $8 per user per month.
- Standard: $10 per user per month.
- Pro: $20 per user per month.
- Enterprise: Get a quote.
Nifty is a collaborative workspace to plan your projects, communicate with your team & stakeholders, and automate your project-progress reporting.
NiftyPM really does an amazing job at combining multiple tools to encompass the entirety of a project cycle. It strikes the perfect balance between big-picture planning (roadmap is fantastic) and the daily grind (tasks, files, and collaboration).
- Projects can be managed through Kanban-style Tasks that can be connected with Milestones.
- Project Overview provides a birds-eye view of the progression of all your projects.
- Documents can be created directly within each project.
- Team Chat widget allows communication while working in any pocket of Nifty.
Pros: Beautiful interface, very intuitive. The ease of use and transitioning is a huge plus. Rockstar support team.
Cons: Nothing significant enough to mention. A+++
Trello is a flexible, easy to use, web-based project management solution. It is perfect for any company of any team size. It can be used on desktop and mobiles. It supports Chrome, Firefox, IE, and Safari browsers.
- The tool allows you to collaborate with your team from anywhere.
- It can be integrated with the apps that you currently use.
- It can be used with any team, any project, etc.
- It can be useful for planning a family vacation too.
Mobile Apps: It can be used on any device.
Best For: Business version can be used by any sized company. Enterprise version is for large companies to manage multiple teams.
Business Class: $9.99 per user/month
Enterprise: $20.83 per user/month
This online project management tool will allow you to draw workflows. You can use it in the same way of using a mind map software.
- The tool is best for similar and repeatable projects.
- It is easy to use and is ideal for non-project managers.
- It allows you to organize tasks and ideas.
Mobile Apps: It is a web-based tool. It can be used through any web browser.
Best For: The tool is best for small and growing teams.
Price: Price starts at $7 per month if paid annually.
Teamweek can be used for project planning and task management. It can be integrated with Slack, calendar, and any other online tool as well.
- Using Chrome extension, Teamweek can be integrated with an online tool.
- Annual Overview- it is like a helicopter view of the activities of the whole year.
- You can create project roadmaps and share them with your teams.
- It allows you to do planning based on the capacity.
Mobile Apps: Tool is available as web-based and on iOS as well.
Best For: Tool is best for small to large teams.
Price: It is free for a team of five people. There are four more plans available at $39, $79, $149, and $299 per month.
Asana is useful for workflows. It can be used for agile management, task management, team collaboration, Excel project management, team and project calendar etc.
- Real-time monitoring of project activities.
- It allows you to create customizable to-do lists.
- Defines roles and responsibilities.
- Agile management.
Mobile Apps: Available for iOS, Android etc.
Best For: This tool is best for any team.
Price: There are three plans, i.e. Premium Plan ($9.99 per user/month), Business Plan ($19.99 per user/month), and Enterprise plan (Contact for the price).
It is a web-based tool for project and task management. It can be integrated with the mind mapping app MindMeister.
- Customizable dashboard.
- It provides integration with Dropbox, GitHub, Zendesk etc.
- Flexible project boards.
Mobile Apps: iPhone, iPad, Mac OS, and Windows.
Best For: Tool is best for any team size. You can add the team members as per your requirement.
Price: Apps are free.
Meistertask provides four plans with names Basic, Pro, Business, and Enterprise. The basic plan is free. Pro plan ($8.25 per user/month), Business plan ($20.75 per user/month).
This tool will help you to organize your project work in one place.
As it is a web-based product, it can be used from anywhere using any browser. You can use this tool for any team size at the same price. Its price will not change according to the team size.
- It allows you to create a to-do list.
- It helps you to track time and share files.
- It allows you to communicate with the team.
Mobile Apps: Web-based, iPhone, iPad, Android, Mac, and Windows.
Best For: Any team size.
Price: $99 per month.
It is a project and task management tool. It supports data visualization and many other features. The tool will allow you to define the roles and responsibilities.
- You can schedule a meeting.
- Podio can be integrated with Dropbox, Google Drive, Evernote, and many other tools.
- It allows you to share the file with read-only access.
- You can personalize your dashboard.
Mobile Apps: iPhone, iPad, and Android.
Best For: It is best for small to large size teams.
Price: Tool is free for a team of five. The price of other plans starts at $9 per user per month. You can select the plan as per your requirement according to the features and size of your team.
It is a web-based tool. It provides many features for project management. It allows you to add features as an add-on as per your requirement. Currently, the Android app is not available, however, it is expected soon.
- There are Gantt Charts and Kanban board.
- It allows you to create a task list.
- You can split the large tasks into sub-tasks.
- It allows you to keep the task public as well as private.
Mobile Apps: iPhone and iPad.
Best For: Any team.
Price: It is free for any number of projects, tasks, and users. Paid plans are also available.
It is an online project management tool.
You can schedule the project and create task lists online as well. The dashboard will show you real-time data. With this tool, you will know about the time spent on each task.
- It supports MS Office and Microsoft project files.
- It can be integrated with Google Docs, Google Spreadsheets, Google Calendar, and Gmail.
- Real-time update on the created project plan.
- Gantt charts can be created.
Mobile Apps: There is an Android App and Chrome Plugin.
Best For: Tool is best for small teams.
Price: There are three plans, i.e. Personal ($15 per user/month), Team ($20 per user/month), and Business ($25 per user/month).
It is a cloud-based tool for project management and collaboration. It will simplify the process of planning and helps in streamlining the workflow.
- It will give you real-time reports.
- It will allow you to collaborate with stakeholders.
- It can be integrated with many tools like JIRA, GitHub, Adobe etc.
Mobile Apps: Web-based, iOS, and Android.
Best For: It can be used by small, medium, and large-sized businesses.
Price: There are five plans, Free (Up to 5 users), Professional ($9.80 per user/month), Business ($24.80per user/month), Marketers ($34.60 per user/month), and Enterprise (Contact them).
To conclude we can say that Trello, Wrike, and Asana are the easiest to use Project management apps.
Trello is a flexible and easy to use project management app, which can be used on any device and it offers affordable pricing plans too.
Casual is an online project management tool. The Teamweek tool is available as a web-based and on iOS devices too but is a little bit pricey when compared with the others.
Asana provides good functionalities and is available on iOS and Android devices. Meistertask provides free apps and can be integrated with many other tools. Basecamp can be used on any device, with any team size, and that too at the same price. Its price will not change according to the team size.
Hope you would have chosen the best Project Management App from the above list!!
=>> Contact us to suggest your listing here.