Here we review and compare the top GoAnywhere Alternatives with features and pricing to help you choose the best GoAnywhere competitor for your business:
GoAnywhere is enterprise software for secure file transfer. It supports multiple platforms, protocols, and encryption standards. It has functionalities for streamlining the data exchange between trading partners, employees, systems, and customers. It gives you centralized control and offers extensive security settings & detailed audit trails.
GoAnywhere MFT can be used to transfer a large volume of files. It is a solution for the batch server-to-server file transfer, user-to-system ad-hoc file transfer, and person-to-person file collaboration.
Why search for an alternative to GoAnywhere? Some users have reported a learning curve to get going with the product. In some cases, this can slow user adoption across the IT organization. Review sites like G2 also rate other products as having faster implementation times. When searching for a product of any kind, be sure to compare all pros and cons to determine which is the best fit for your needs.
What You Will Learn:
- GoAnywhere MFT Introduction
- List of Top GoAnywhere Alternatives
- GoAnywhere Managed File Transfer Solution
- Comparison of Some Popular GoAnywhere Competitors
- #1) JSCAPE MFT Server (Recommended)
- #2) ActiveBatch (Recommended)
- #3) MOVEit ipswitch
- #4) Globalscape EFT
- #5) Cleo Integration Platform
- #6) Cerberus FTP Server
- #7) FileZilla
- #8) Dell Boomi
- #9) Oracle MFT
- #10) SRT Cornerstone MFT
GoAnywhere MFT Introduction
Enlyft research says that 68% of GoAnywhere MFT customers are in USA. The same research says that more than 50% of the companies that are using this tool are large companies (revenue-wise as well as employees-count-wise).
GoAnywhere can be integrated with external cloud and web apps. It can be deployed on-premises, in the cloud (Microsoft Azure & AWS), in a hybrid environment, and as MFTaaS hosted plan. This MFT software can be used on Windows, Linux, AIX, and the IBM i.
Features of GoAnywhere MFT
The features are as follows:
- GoAnywhere MFT contains workflow features.
- It has integrated support for clustering.
- It performs the load balancing of processes over multiple systems.
- It provides the features of automation, centralization & mobility, collaboration, encryption & compression, connectivity, etc.
- It also provides the DLP and threat protection.
- It has capabilities for cloud file transfer & integrations.
List of Top GoAnywhere Alternatives
Here is the list of shortlisted competitors to GoAnywhere:
- JSCAPE MFT Server (Recommended)
- ActiveBatch (Recommended)
- MOVEit ipswich
- Globalscape EFT
- Cleo Integration Platform
- Cerberus FTP Server
- Dell Boomi
- Oracle MFT
- SRT Cornerstone MFT
Recommended Reading =>> Top Managed File Transfer (MFT) Software Solutions
GoAnywhere Managed File Transfer Solution
|Tool Name||Best for||Protocols||Deployment Options||Free Trial|
|GoAnywhere MFT||Extensive security setting & detailed audit trails.||SFTP, FTPS, HTTPS, etc.||Cloud-based, On-premise, & as MFTaaS hosted plan.||Available|
Comparison of Some Popular GoAnywhere Competitors
|Competitors_Rank||Best for||Protocols||Deployment Options||Free Trial|
|#1) JSCAPE MFT Server||All-in-one file transfer solution.||AS2, SFTP, FTP/s, SCP, OFTP2, etc.||Any deployment is supported.||Available for 7 days.|
|#2) ActiveBatch||End-to-End MFT automation.||SFTP, FTPS, web tunneling, & TSL/SSL.||On-premises, cloud, virtual, or any hybrid combination||Demo available.|
|#3) MOVEit ipswitch||Complete visibility & control over file transfer.||FTP, FTPS, SFTP, HTTP/S, SMTP/POP3, etc.||MFT-as-a-service, public cloud, on-premise, & hybrid cloud.||Available|
|#4) Globalscape EFT||Automation, collaboration, & analysis functions.||HIPAA, HITECH, SOX, PCI DSS, CCPA, etc.||On-premise, cloud, or hybrid configuration.||Free trial available.|
|#5) Cleo Integration Platform||End-to-end integration capabilities.||More than 20 protocols are supported like AS2, FTP, etc.||Cloud/API-based, private cloud, & On-premise.||Demo available.|
Let us review the above-listed GoAnywhere alternatives below.
#1) JSCAPE MFT Server (Recommended)
Best for all in one file transfer solution.
JSCAPE offers a platform-independent managed file transfer server that has all the functionalities required to centralize the file transfer processes. It supports all major file transfer protocols such as SFTP, SCP, AS2, etc.
It is also compatible with popular cloud storage providers like Amazon S3 and Microsoft Azure. It can be deployed on-premise or can be used as a hosted managed file transfer service. According to G2, JSCAPE has the fastest implementation time and highest user adoption of any tool in the market.
- JSCAPE MFT Server offers a highly secure method to exchange data.
- The data transferred through JSCAPE MFT Server, whether it is internal or between trading partners, will be PCI DSS, SOX, HIPAA, and GLBA compliant.
- Automated health checks will be performed.
- It also provides migration services.
- It supports unlimited users, domains, concurrent connections, and trading partners.
Verdict: JSCAPE MFT Server will give you a unified solution for all the file transfer services and processes, and hence simplify the file transfers. It provides 24*7 support through phone, email, and portal. You will get unlimited network storage and directory monitors.
Price: You can get a quote for this all-in-one file transfer solution. It offers flexible licensing and makes the solution scalable for the organization’s requirements.
#2) ActiveBatch (Recommended)
Best for End-to-End MFT automation.
ActiveBatch is an enterprise workload automation software that contains the capabilities to automate managed file transfer. It has functionalities to help you manage scheduled as well as ad hoc file transfers. It supports event-based architecture. Its capability to share connection information will let you update the information without modifying hundreds of jobs.
- Integrated Jobs Library contains pre-built actions for the commonly used file operations.
- ActiveBatch provides streamlined management even for high-volume transfers.
- You will get visibility into automated managed file transfer activity and system performance through in-depth views and real-time monitoring.
- It has features for sharing connection information among workflows on-premises or in the cloud.
- As a centralized workload automation tool, ActiveBatch handles any business, data warehousing, big data, managed file transfer, or IT process within a single console.
Verdict: ActiveBatch workload automation platform will secure your data movement and file sharing. It eliminates the need to use a separate MFT solution. By providing advanced scheduling capabilities, it simplifies high-volume transfers and complex environments.
Price: You can get a quote for pricing details. The price will be based on the number of servers. There will be unlimited jobs across all environments.
#3) MOVEit ipswitch
Best for complete visibility & control over file transfer.
MOVEit Managed File Transfer Software has a flexible architecture. It will let you choose the exact capabilities according to your needs. The system is available in three modules, MOVEit Transfer, MOVEit Automation, and MOVEit Cloud.
MOVEit Transfer is a module for all file transfer activities that provides the features of file encryption, centralized access controls, and security, etc. MOVEit Automation has advanced workflow automation capabilities. MOVEit Cloud offers a cloud-based platform for MFT.
- MOVEit mobile app is available for iOS and Android devices that provide mobile managed file transfer.
- MOVEit provides secure end-user collaboration through secure folder sharing capabilities.
- It has flexible deployment options.
- Mulesoft iPaaS Integration will let you integrate the MFT capabilities with the application that is supported by Mulesoft’s iPaaS solution.
Further reading =>> Top competitors to MOVEit ipswitch
Verdict: MOVEit Transfer will give you operational reliability and compliance with SLA & internal governance and regulatory requirements through its features. MOVEit Automation can be used with MOVEit Transfer or FTP systems. The solution can be deployed on-premises, to the public cloud, MFT-as-a-service, or the hybrid cloud.
Price: A free trial is available for the solution. You can get a quote for pricing details.
Website: MOVEit ipswitch
#4) Globalscape EFT
Best for automation, collaboration, & analysis functions.
Globalscape offers comprehensive and user-friendly MFT software, i.e. Enhanced File Transfer (EFT). It offers the functionalities for automation, collaboration, and analysis. It is available in three options, EFT Arcus, EFT Enterprise, and EFT Express. Globalscape EFT has built-in regulatory compliance controls.
Suggested reading =>> Top alternatives to Globalscape MFT
- Globalscape EFT provides the features of two-factor authentication and high-availability deployment options.
- It performs the data encryption at rest and in transit.
- It has the capabilities of workflow automation and folder monitoring.
- Globalscape EFT’s built-in regulatory compliance controls assure that the transferred data will meet standards such as HIPAA, HITECH, SOX, PCI, DSS, CCPA, etc.
Verdict: Globalscape EFT platform offers enterprise-level data security. It can be integrated with back-end systems for data transfer automation. It gives you complete control over your file transfer system.
Price: You can get a quote for pricing details. EFT Express is available in four bundles, Core, Basic, Pro, and Custom. A free trial is available for the platform.
Website: Globalscape EFT
#5) Cleo Integration Platform
Best for end-to-end integration capabilities.
Cleo’s managed file transfer software with MFT architecture capable to handle the largest deployments. It is suitable for enterprise companies’ requirements. The solution will help you achieve zero downtime by providing high reliability and complete resilience to database failures. It provides features for up-time and security.
- Cleo MFT Solution has features and functionalities to support the transfer of very large data volumes.
- It offers visibility and auditability features such as centralized file tracking, content filtering, searching, etc.
- You can track the data and non-event alerting through dashboards.
- It supports more than 20 protocols.
Verdict: Cleo will provide limitless scalability and hence suitable for enterprise deployment. CIC Private Cloud for MFT has extensive capabilities for securing your file transfer environment.
Price: You can get a quote for pricing details.
Website: Cleo Integration Platform
#6) Cerberus FTP Server
Best for administrators to take control of everything during the secure file transfer.
Cerberus FTP Server will provide secure file transfer. This Windows File Server supports any protocol. It provides absolute server control, ultimate security, streamlined reliability, and industry-leading support. It is a secure, versatile, and reliable platform.
- Cerberus FTP Server provides security features of two-factor authentication, client certificate verification, SSH2 public key authentication, password policy settings, etc.
- It gives you complete server control through features like event manager for automation & notification, full active directory integration, SOAP control API, and Windows Server Optimization.
- It has robust file transfer integrity checking features.
Verdict: Cerberus provides ultimate security through smart security tools. It provides secure file management through a web browser. You will not require any application or plugins for this. You will get five-star support from its 100% in-house support team. It has transparent pricing.
Price: You can try the platform for free. Cerberus offers the solution with three pricing plans, Standard ($499), Professional ($899), and Enterprise ($1999). It offers a 30-days money-back guarantee.
Website: Cerberus FTP Server
Best for free FTP solution.
FileZilla is free FTP solution. This open-source platform is for a client as well as a server. It supports FTP, FTPS, and SFTP. FileZilla Pro supports WebDAV, Amazon S3, Backblaze B2, Dropbox, and many more. It has a tabbed user interface.
- FileZilla client has intuitive GUI.
- It has a powerful site manager and a transfer queue.
- It has features to transfer large files, i.e. files greater than 4GB.
- FileZilla will let you configure the speed limit.
- It has functionalities for remote file editing and remote file search.
Verdict: FileZilla is easy to use and supports cross-platform. It is available in many languages. FileZilla Pro supports cloud storage protocols and has functionalities for professional users.
#8) Dell Boomi
Best for iPaaS platform
Dell Boomi is the popular iPaaS platform. It has solutions for unifying the digital ecosystem. It offers solutions for Data Readiness, Pervasive Connectivity, and user engagement. It has functions to help you find and connect known as well as unknown data. For connecting data, it supports all global data sources.
- Dell Boomi has functionalities for transforming data into actionable information.
- Pervasive connectivity solution will let you unify all applications overs on-premise as well as cloud environments.
- The user engagement module will accelerate the customer journey.
Verdict: Dell Boomi offers a perfect solution to be used in Healthcare, Higher Education, Manufacturing, Public Sector, Retail, etc.
Price: A free trial available for 30 days. Dell Boomi’s solution is available in five editions, Base Edition, Professional Edition, Pro Plus Edition, Enterprise Edition, and Enterprise Plus Edition. You can get a quote for pricing details.
Website: Dell Boomi
#9) Oracle MFT
Best for protection against inadvertent access to unsecured files.
Oracle offers a managed file transfer solution to help you with the secure exchange of files and their management with the internal departments and external partners. During the end-to-end transfer of unsecured files, the solution protects files from the inadvertent access. It has built-in extensive reporting capabilities.
- Oracle MFT has capabilities of compression, scheduling, and encryption.
- You will get full end-to-end audit trails.
- It has an easy-to-use cloud-based user interface.
- It provides the features of embedded FTP, Secure FTP servers, full end-to-end audit trails, etc.
Verdict: Oracle MFT is easy to use and even non-technical staff can use the software. It provides standardize security for web and FTP users. It will help you with enforcing policies and regulatory compliance.
Price: You can get a quote for pricing details. The price for Oracle Managed File Transfer Named user and Perpetual license cost is $600.
Website: Oracle MFT
#10) SRT Cornerstone MFT
Best for enterprise MFT Server solution that provides high availability, failover, and improved productivity.
SRT Cornerstone MFT offers high availability and failover. It has advanced automation capabilities that will help you improve productivity. It supports the SFTP protocol to transfer files. It provides security that will meet industry standards.
- SRT Cornerstone makes use of advanced encryption methods, secure protocols, and perimeter security.
- It has load balancing capabilities.
- It provides secure collaboration, compliance, and reporting.
- Its automation capabilities will let you automate processes, security scans, etc.
Verdict: SRT Cornerstone will help you stick to the strict compliance regulations, HIPAA, GDPR, FIPS 140-2, and PCI compliance. It can be deployed on-premise, cloud, or hybrid. It offers a flexible solution that can be the best fit for a variety of business needs.
Price: SRT Cornerstone MFT solution is available with three plans, Large Implementation (starts at $47500), Medium Implementation (starts at $23800), and Small Implementation (starts at $16500).
Website: SRT Cornerstone
A superior managed file transfer solution will provide data security, data growth, regulatory compliance, and visibility. Transferring files is getting more complex because of cloud applications, AI, big data, IoT, data analytics, etc. A good MFT solution will support multiple platforms and mobile devices, at the same time, it will offer ease of use.
Though GoAnywhere is an acceptable managed file transfer solution, it has some cons like a learning curve. JSCAPE MFT Server, ActiveBatch, MOVEit ipswitch, and Globalscape EFT are our top recommended GoAnywhere alternatives.
Also Read =>> Top Online File Transfer Protocol Servers
We hope this article will help you to choose the right GoAnywhere alternative for your business.
- Time taken to research and write this article: 27 Hours.
- Total tools researched online: 30
- Top tools shortlisted for review: 10