Explore the top AutoSys Alternatives with their features and pricing. Comparison of AutoSys with our top recommended solution ActiveBatch:
Businesses face a lot of challenges with controlling and getting visibility of the complex workloads across platforms, ERP systems, and the cloud. AutoSys will give you enhanced visibility and control over such workloads. It will not only reduce the cost, but also the complexity of managing mission-critical business processes.
It can be deployed entirely or partially in a private or public cloud, on-premise, or in a hybrid environment.
What You Will Learn:
- AutoSys Overview
- List of Top AutoSys Alternatives
- AutoSys provides forecasting, notifications, and automatic actions for overd aue jobs.
- You will get a flexible and reliable solution to manage the integrations with major business applications and execute them in sync with the enterprise workflows.
- It provides native support to SOAP and REST web service protocols.
- It provides the features to manage dependencies between Hadoop and traditional jobs.
- The key features of AutoSys are multi-platform scheduling, scalability, extensive application support, built-in fault tolerance, self-service, and security & compliance.
Suggested read =>> Fault Tolerance Testing using Katalon Studio
The below image will show you the factors that are considered while choosing the workload automation solution and the most commonly performed operations with the workload automation solution.
Why Look For AutoSys Competitors
AutoSys has various mergers and acquisitions, and because of that users are not sure about where they can get the support. As per reviews, it has long response times that make the support unreliable. Because of multiple acquisitions & future releases, the product roadmap is not clear.
Its professional services are available for a fee, whereas some tools offer onboarding and training services by their experts to guide you. They offer such services with every engagement.
REST API adapters will help you to connect the system to any application, server, or service. This makes your automation grow with your business. AutoSys support for this feature is more difficult to use when compared with other tools. Proactive support and periodic health checks from the experts are also missing with AutoSys.
List of Top AutoSys Alternatives
Here is the list of AutoSys competitors:
- ActiveBatch (#1 Alternative to AutoSys)
- Redwood RunMyJobs
- Tidal Automation
Comparison of Top AutoSys Alternatives
|Name||Our Ratings||Best for||Features||Free Trial|
|ActiveBatch||5 Stars||Workload automation and job scheduling||Low Code GUI, Job Step Library, Dynamic Resource Allocation, Event-based scheduling, etc.||Demo and 30-day free trial available.|
|Redwood RunMyJobs||5 Stars||Flexible and adaptable automation platform||Uncompromising security, simple pricing plans, automate anything, etc.||Available on request.|
|Tidal Automation||5 Stars||Workload automation||SLA management, Critical Path thinking||Free 30 day demo available|
|Stonebranch||4.5 Stars||Building automation for the modern enterprise.||Event-based scheduling, container-based workload management, etc.||Available|
|Control-M||4 Stars||Complex application workflows.||Workflow orchestration, Data Pipelines, etc.||Available|
|Ansible||4 Stars||Automating apps and IT infrastructure.||Agentless IT automation, App Deployment, Continuous Delivery, etc.||Available|
Comparison: AutoSys Vs ActiveBatch
We will compare AutoSys with our top recommended solution ActiveBatch:
|Low-Code Drag-and-Drop GUI||AutoSys has a low code monitoring environment. Its job scheduling & automation functionalities are code-based||ActiveBatch has a Low-code Drag-and-drop GUI.|
|Super REST API||AutoSys offers this feature but it requires more manual configuration.||ActiveBatch has this feature and hence can be connected to any application, server, or service.|
|Unified Workflow Mapping and Development Environment||Workflow visualization and mapping is present but the absence of unified monitoring & development||ActiveBatch has this feature.|
|Job scheduling and Event-Driven Automation||AutoSys provides code-based support.||ActiveBatch provides this feature.|
|Jobs Library||It is mainly code-based so Jobs Library is not available.||It has more than 165 steps for the common functions and hundreds more for 3rd party extensions.|
|Change Management||Code-based support||It is available with ActiveBatch.|
|Managed File Transfer Automation||Available with AutoSys.||It is available with ActiveBatch.|
|IT DevOps||It provides code-based support||ActiveBatch has this support.|
|Intelligent Resource Optimization & Machine Load Management||AutoSys doesn’t have this feature.||ActiveBatch has this feature.|
|Cross-Application Job Assembly||AutoSys doesn’t have this feature.||ActiveBatch has this feature.|
|White-Glove Onboarding||Not Available||Available|
|Health Checks||Not available||Available|
|Comprehensive, In-House Support||AutoSys users are unsure about where to get technical support hence this feature is limited with AutoSys.||ActiveBatch provides comprehensive, in-house support.|
|Role-Based Training Academy||Recommended training is available to buy through third-party resellers||Included with ActiveBatch.|
#1) ActiveBatch (#1 Alternative to AutoSys)
Best for workload automation and job scheduling.
ActiveBatch is a tool for centralized workload automation and job scheduling. It will help you to orchestrate the complete tech stack. For this, it offers no-code connectors and a low-code REST API adapter. It provides infinite extensibility and unparalleled reliability. It has a low-code drag-and-drop GUI. It provides a robust Job Step Library.
ActiveBatch can be used for various use cases such as managed file transfers, data warehouse/ETL, IT process automation, Business Process Automation, Script Lifecycle Management, and Digital Infrastructure Automation.
Also Read => Best Tidal Automation Alternatives for 2023
- ActiveBatch offers the features of event & schedule-driven triggers, dynamic resource allocation, change management tools, role-specific views, workflow optimizer, and self-service portals.
- It provides high availability of non-cluster failover.
- It has the features of security, auditing & compliance, and reporting & monitoring.
- ActiveBatch can be connected to any server, application, or service.
- ActiveBatch provides proactive support and an in-app knowledge base.
Verdict: ActiveBatch is a tool that will give you a central automation hub to schedule & monitor and hence the business-critical systems like ETL tools & Big Data will be able to work together seamlessly with minimum human intervention.
Price: You can get a quote for pricing details. A demo will be available on request. Its pricing is usage-based.
Best for flexible and adaptable automation platforms.
Redwood RunMyJobs is a modern SaaS workload automation tool and offers a good solution to replace CA AutoSys. It provides on-demand automation along with unlimited scalability and API integration. There will be fast implementation and easy migration. It is a fully managed platform and guarantees 99.95% uptime.
- Redwood’s workload automation and job scheduling software have the capabilities of modern automation.
- It will let you automate the processes across on-premise, cloud, and hybrid environments.
- It has the capabilities of centralizing the orchestration of automation for SAP, Oracle, and other ERP systems.
- It provides the features for coordinating and managing the data pipelines to Redshift, Hadoop, Snowflake, etc.
Verdict: Redwood offers a flexible and adaptable platform. Redwood’s platform overcomes the legacy schedulers’ limitations.
It will prove to be a good alternative to AutoSys by offering several benefits such as the lowest TCO in the industry, no need for additional infrastructure, guaranteed 99.95% uptime, fast implementation, and easy migration, etc.
Suggested reading =>> Best competitors to Redwood RunMyJobs
Price: You can get a quote for pricing details. It provides simple pricing plans of pay-for-what-you-use. A free trial is available on request.
#3) Tidal Automation
Best for Workload Automation.
Tidal Automation is both an exceptional workload automation tool as well as an efficient solution for job scheduling. The software can be used to rapidly automate workflows, irrespective of whether they are running on-premise, cloud, or hybrid networks.
As a job scheduler, Tidal Automation facilitates both event-based and time-based job scheduling. It also comes with pre-built calendars that one can use to make their scheduling task easier. Alternatively, you also get the option to design your own scheduling calendar.
- SLA Management
- Critical Path Tracking
- Event-based and time-based scheduling
- Configurable dashboard
Verdict: With a ton of advanced automation features and 60+ integrations to boast, Tidal Automation is hands-down one of the best AutoSys alternatives out there that you can try. There is a free demo available. So you can test the tool’s functionality before spending money on it.
Price: Contact for quote, Get Free 30-day demo.
Best for building automation for the modern enterprise.
Stonebranch is a hybrid IT automation platform that has functionalities to orchestrate IT tasks, jobs, and workloads over on-premise as well as cloud environments. It can be deployed as a SaaS or on-premise. Stonebranch is the solution for various use cases such as workload automation, cloud automation, DevOps automation, hybrid cloud file transfers, etc.
Recommended reading =>> Stonebranch Alternatives
- Stonebranch provides the features of intelligent event-based scheduling.
- You will be able to do big data management at scale.
- Stonebranch provides the features of container-based workload management, native MFT, and automated infrastructure.
- Its enterprise job scheduling platform will give you central control and provide the features of ease of use, compliance, cost optimization, security, and high availability.
Verdict: Stonebranch is workload automation and enterprise job scheduling software. It can orchestrate cross-platform processes and jobs with a centralized view and real-time scheduling.
Price: A free trial is available. You can get a quote for pricing details.
Best for complex application workflows.
Control-M is a workload automation tool for building, defining, scheduling, and monitoring production workflows. It can be deployed on-premise or as a service. It can be integrated with AWS, Azure, and Google Cloud platform and hence simplifies the workflow across hybrid and multi-cloud environments. It will provide you with data-driven outcomes faster. You will be able to control your file transfer operations.
- Control-M will let you monitor job flow and task status at a glance.
- Completed, in-process, and the predictive job can be viewed run-times on any device.
- You will be able to build jobs-as-code into dev processes.
- It provides robust support for audits, compliance, and governance.
- It provides proactive SLA management with intelligent predictive analytics.
Verdict: Control-M is a tool with advanced operational capabilities required for Dev, Ops, and line of business. It provides the functionalities of workflow orchestration, data pipelines, managed file transfer, SLA management, etc.
Price: A free trial is available for the tool. You can get a quote for pricing details.
Best for automating apps and IT infrastructure.
Ansible is a tool for automating apps and IT infrastructure. It will help you with automating the deployment of apps and the management of systems. No coding skills are required to use Ansible. It has an agentless architecture. It makes use of OpenSSH and WinRM. It is a predictable, reliable, and secure tool.
- Ansible has functionalities to automate configuration management and app deployment.
- It provides the features for workflow orchestration.
- Ansible can be used to orchestrate the app lifecycle.
Verdict: Ansible is useful for various use cases such as provisioning, configuration management, app deployment, continuous deployment, continuous delivery, security compliance, and orchestration. It is a simple but powerful tool for IT automation.
Price: You can get a quote for pricing details. Ansible offers the solution with two pricing plans, Standard and Premium. A free trial is available for the tool.
Best for scalable machine learning pipelines.
Activeeon provides the solution to automate and schedule workloads at any scale. It has functionalities to orchestrate the AI model life cycle in production. You will be able to set elastic policies and manage the workloads with available resources for the complex architecture.
For workload automation, Activeeon has features of event-driven automation, self-service automation, and resource provisioning.
- Activeeon has functionalities to distribute and parallelize heavy workloads on large infrastructure.
- It has features for deploying, automating, and scaling machine learning workflows.
- It has built-in features of error management, notifications, and docker support.
- It provides the features of file handling and connectors.
Verdict: Activeeon is a tool for job scheduling, IT workflow orchestration, and automation. It is a unified and cross-platform automation solution that will give you a single point of control to manage and control all processes. Activeeon is suitable for any business needs and load.
Price: A free trial is available. You can get a quote for pricing details.
Workload automation solution will give you a central automation hub to schedule and monitor the processes. Business processes like project management, ERP, ETL tools, etc. can work together seamlessly with the minimum human interventions through the workload automation platform.
Suggested reading =>> Workload vs Workflow Automation
The workload automation solution should be scalable and has the capacity to grow with the business. Another factor that should be considered while choosing the tool is the support provided for the tool. It makes the onboarding process easy and also increases the reliability of the tool. Both the features, REST API Adapters & Proactive Support, are missing in the AutoSys.
In this article, we have seen the top alternatives of AutoSys. ActiveBatch is our top recommended solution. It is a feature-rich platform and overcomes the cons of AutoSys. We hope this article will guide you to choose the right alternative to AutoSys.
- Time taken to research and write this article: 26 Hours
- Total tools researched online: 24
- Top tools shortlisted for review: 6