Review and comparison of the top Order Management System to help you select the best order management software for your small business:
Order Management System, which is also called a ‘Trade order management system’, is a type of software that is used in the management and execution of trade between two parties. The trade can be of securities, bonds, currencies, equities, etc.
An order management software helps to maintain accuracy, transparency, and fairness in the trade of billions and trillions of dollars. While an order for securities or bonds or any other trading item is being placed, the buyers and sellers use the order management software. The software is used to track the execution process of their order.
What You Will Learn:
- Order Management System
- List of Top Order Management Software
Order Management System
The system can also be used for keeping a watch on the market prices in different currencies, covering all markets while saving their cost.
In this article, we will look into the features and other details of the top 12 best Order Management Systems to help you make a clear decision on which one is the most suitable for you.
Recommended Reading =>> Top Thermal Shipping Label Printer
Facts Check: As per Markets and Markets research, the multichannel order management market is anticipated to expand from $1.34 billion in 2017 to $2.44 billion by 2023, at a Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) of 10.8%. The base year considered for the research is 2017, and the forecast period is from 2018 to 2023.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q #1) What does an order management system do?
Answer: This system looks after the prices and execution of trade of securities, bonds, and other items between the two dealing parties.
Q #2) What is the process of order management?
Answer: The process consists of detecting the best possible price across markets and placing the order and then tracking the execution of the order delivery process, comprising order acceptance, packaging, shipping, and delivery.
Q #3) What are the features of a good order management system?
Answer: A good order management system must have the following basic features:
- Easy to handle
- Easy to afford
- Supports multiple currencies
- Multichannel order management
- Tracks orders
List of Top Order Management Software
Here is a list of the best and even free order management software:
- QuickBooks Commerce
- Adobe Commerce (previously Magento)
- Zoho Inventory
Comparing the 6 Best Order Management Software
|Tool name||Best for||Price||Free trial||Features|
|QuickBooks Commerce||Single platform for all your business needs||Easy start- $10 per month|
Essentials- $20 per month
Plus- $30 per month
|Available for 30 days||• Access multiple channels
• Track inventories and fulfilment process
• Access from anywhere
• Business intelligence
|Maropost||Manage Multiple Marketplace Stores.||Essential: $71/month,|
Essential Plus: $179/month,
Custom Enterprise Plan
|14 days||• Centralized Marketplace Store management,
• Multi-channel purchasing,
• Custom online store creation,
• Integrated B2B feature.
|Brightpearl||Manages online and offline orders in one place.||Customized quotes provided on request||Not available||• Easily manage orders
• Automation feature for repeated orders
• Sales reports
• Partial fulfilment, drop shipping and other complex fulfilments done with ease
|Veeqo||Keeps you secured from overselling or missing orders||Accelerator- $195 per month|
High Growth- $253 per month
Premium- $325 per month
Enterprise- Custom Pricing
|Available for 14 days||• Sync orders across channels
• Integrate with other systems or market places
• Performance reports
• Warehouse management
|Adobe Commerce (previously Magento)||Creates smooth and effortless cross channel experiences||Customized quotes provided on request||Available||• Track inventories
• Manage complicated fulfilment procedures
• BOPIS facility (Buy Online and Pick up In Store)
|Salesorder||Exceptional online B2B customer experience||Starts at $199 per month||Available||• Multichannel sales management
• Business intelligence
• Automation features
• Accounting features
|Orderhive||Simple and easy operation||Lite- $44.99 per month|
Starter- $134.99 per month
Growth- $269.99 per month
Enterprise- Customized pricing
|Available for 15 days||• Pre-order, back order or partial order fulfilment
• Multi currency conversion
• Multichannel integration
• Complete order history of customers
Let us review the software below.
#1) QuickBooks Commerce
Best for handling all your business needs in one place.
QuickBooks is a big name in the accounting software market. This software gives a wide variety of features on a single platform so that you can access and do all your accounting work in a single integrated place.
- Expand your market and sell more by accessing multiple channels to increase brand awareness.
- Track the inventory and fulfillment process anytime, anywhere.
- Integrate with other e-commerce platforms.
- Business intelligence and reporting features to make sure you make the right decisions.
- Access from anywhere
- Crashes frequently
- A limited number of users and transactions allowed
Verdict: Though QuickBooks is a big name in the accounting software market and gives a wide variety of features, it is the best small business order management software as it allows only a few transactions and a limited number of users can access it.
Price: The pricing plans are as follows:
- Easy start- $10 per month
- Essentials- $20 per month
- Plus- $30 per month
Best for Managing Multiple Marketplace Stores.
With Maropost, you get a platform that can help you create an online store as well as help you manage multiple stores through a single control panel. The platform presents eCommerce store owners with a comprehensive solution that facilitates order management, inventory management, fulfillment, etc. across multiple stores.
- Centralized Management of multiple eCommerce stores
- Custom Online Store Creation
- Integrated B2B Features
- Streamline Customer Management
- Centralized Control Panel to manage multiple stores
- User-friendly interface
- Flexible Pricing
- Highly customizable
- Not ideal for small businesses
Verdict: Maropost provides eCommerce store owners with a single back office solution that is capable of facilitating inventory management, multi-channel purchasing, order management, and fulfillment. It is simple to use and comes loaded with advanced eCommerce enabling features.
Price: Maropost offers 4 pricing plans and a 14-day free trial
- Essential: $71/month
- Essential Plus: $179/month
- Professional: $224/month
- Custom Enterprise Plan
Best for managing online and offline orders.
Brightpearl is one of the best order management software which is built to efficiently manage your orders with the features of automated ordering, fulfillment, shipping, and invoicing workflows.
- Manage your online and offline orders on one platform with much ease.
- The automation feature lets you focus on the exceptional orders that need your attention while the engine automates all repeatable tasks.
- Different types of fulfillment options like partial fulfillment, drop shipping, multi-location fulfillment, or fulfillment by Amazon.
- Know your sales channel performance with the help of business reports and plan accordingly.
- Uplift your operational competence with the help of features like inventory management, warehouse management, accounting, POS, CRM, and more.
- Easy to use
- Excellent customer support services
- Data integration
Verdict: Brightpearl is a highly recommended order management system but it can prove to be costly for small businesses if they want to have more features and go beyond the basic plan.
Price: Customized quotes provided on request.
Further Reading => TOP eCommerce Development Companies
Best for keeping you secured from overselling or missing orders.
Veeqo is a trusted order management software that syncs your orders across all your US sales channels and makes it easy for you to print shipping labels and ship to customers in America and all over the world.
- Sync orders covering all your sales channels, including your e-commerce website, marketplaces, and physical stores.
- Integrate with other e-commerce platforms, marketplaces, and POS systems.
- Create beautiful invoices and labels within seconds.
- Extra features for retailers, like performance reports, warehouse management, connect stores, streamline accounting, and manage purchase orders.
- Excellent customer service
- Easy to use
- Cloud-based operation
- Technical difficulties
Verdict: Veeqo is a highly recommended order management system with many positive reviews by its users. One difficulty that a user pointed out is about the technicalities, but Veeqo gives excellent customer service to compensate for that.
Price: Pricing Plan is as follows:
- Accelerator- $195 per month
- High Growth- $253 per month
- Premium- $325 per month
- Enterprise- Custom Pricing
#5) Adobe Commerce (previously Magento)
Best for creating smooth and effortless cross-channel experiences.
Adobe Commerce (previously Magento) order management allows you to sell or fulfill orders from anywhere and creates smooth cross-channel experiences. It is known for its flexibility to adapt to changes in types and size of operation.
- Track and manage inventories across multiple channels.
- Manage complicated fulfillment procedures like refunds, cancellations, and backorders.
- The facility of BOPIS (Buy Online And Pick up In-Store).
- Integrate with Magento Marketplace extensions or other e-commerce platforms.
- Multiple pricing
- Supports any sized business
- Complex operations
Verdict: It is a great platform for those who need good software for order management. It is flexible and offers a large number of good features, but with this merit comes the problem of it being complex in operation.
Price: Customized quotes provided on request.
Website: Adobe Commerce (previously Magento)
Best for exceptional online B2B customer experience.
Salesorder is a cloud-based and secure order management software that manages your sales, fulfillment, and accounting operations and thus lifts up your performance as a wholesaler.
- Manage your multichannel sales with the help of b2b and b2c eCommerce, EDI, CRM, and price management.
- Forecasting based on your current sales.
- Helps in fulfillment of orders by order process automation, inventory and warehouse management, and more.
- Accounting features, like Digital payments, Business intelligence tools, Multi-Currency general ledger, and Tax agnostic automation.
- Reasonable pricing
- Lack of features required by large business enterprises
Verdict: Salesorder is a small business order management software. It might be useful for large businesses too if they are satisfied with the number of features offered.
Price: $199 per month if your annual turnover is less than $500K and $477 per month if your annual turnover is above $500K.
Further Reading => List of the BEST Retail Inventory Management Software
Best for its simple and easy operation.
Orderhive is a simple, easy-to-use, and free order management software that lets you tackle the manual tasks of fulfillment that are most hated but absolutely necessary for a sales business enterprise. Paid versions are also available having different pricing plans. You can opt for it, as and when required.
- Multichannel integration and order processing through FBA, dropshipping, and 3PL.
- Manage complicated fulfillment issues like pre-order, backorder, or partial order fulfillment.
- Custom tags to easily identify specific orders.
- Other necessary features like multi-currency conversion and customer details with his complete order history.
- Wide variety of features
- Excellent customer support
- Reasonable pricing
- Needs time to start with
- Complexity and bulkiness due to a large number of features.
Verdict: Most of the users of Orderhive usually recommend Orderhive to others. Once you get to learn its operations, you are going to love it.
Price: There is a free version. The paid plans are as follows:
- Lite- $44.99 per month
- Starter- $134.99 per month
- Growth- $269.99 per month
- Enterprise- Customized pricing
Best for total commerce control at one platform.
LinnWorks is one platform that lets you control all your order management needs. It lets you manage your orders from around the world and seize every possible revenue opportunity.
- Integrates with other e-commerce platforms.
- Multiple channels connected to one selling and fulfillment process.
- Adapts quickly as your company expands.
- A look through your business performance to help you in decision making.
- Automatic synchronization of your operations across dozens of market places.
- Troublesome for new users
Verdict: LinnWorks is a customizable platform that adapts to your needs, but as pointed out by a user, this order management system has confusing and long operations that can be troublesome for new users.
Price: Price quotes provided on request.
Best if you need plenty of features on one single platform.
Skubana is one of the best order management systems which offers you the feature to manage your eCommerce entity efficiently by accurately doing the task of managing the orders and even gives forecasts based on your history, to help you grow.
- Track prices across suppliers and inventories across multiple marketplaces.
- Sales reports to help you in decision-making.
- One dashboard to show all your channels, warehouses, and products.
- Automatically route orders to fulfillment centers.
- Pleasant forecasting tools
- Good customer service
- The long and high learning curve
Verdict: Skubana is a recommendable product, it offers plenty of features, but with this merit comes the difficulty in operating the system.
Price: Starts at $999 per month
Best for a wide feature set to help you in order and inventory management.
Freestyle solutions is an order and inventory management software that claims to provide you the biggest feature set in the industry at affordable prices.
- Business intelligence tools to assist you in decision-making.
- Add-on features to meet your requirements.
- Order and inventory management through features of automation and consolidation.
- eBooks on eCommerce management.
- Customer services not up to the mark
Verdict: One of the users is of the view that the software is affordable, as compared to its counterparts. But the customer service is very bad, due to which they had to face a lot of problems, plus, needs to grow more with time.
On the contrary, some users find the system extremely helpful because of the features offered by it.
Price: Price quotes provided on request.
Website: Freestyle Solutions
#11) Zoho Inventory
Best for simplified order management for small to medium-sized enterprises.
Zoho Inventory is a cloud-based free order management software that assists you in managing your orders by following simple operations. There is a paid version also, which offers broad features at reasonable prices. Zoho Inventory is a great small business order management software.
- Track orders and inventories and get informative sales reports to help in decision-making.
- Multi warehouse management, invoicing, and digital payment options.
- Fulfilling backorders and drop shipments.
- Send updates to your customers about their orders.
- Affordable price
- Can be linked with other Zoho products
- Consistent innovation
- Can not work offline
Verdict: Zoho Inventory is a small business order management software. The only major drawback is that you can not work offline with the system.
Price: There is a free version. The paid versions are prices as under:
- Basic- $39 per month
- Standard- $79 per month
- Professional- $199 per month
Website: Zoho Inventory
Best for its simple and integrated applications.
Odoo is a known name in the field of order management systems, with 5 million+ users worldwide. It helps you work with the integrated Odoo apps and thus get rid of the complicated processes of integration with other eCommerce platforms.
- With the help of plenty of Odoo apps, you can perform all your business operations and get rid of troubling integration processes.
- Track prices, inventories, and purchases made from anywhere.
- Uplift your sales with the help of CRM, POS, and sales reports.
- Accounting and invoicing applications.
- Wide variety of features that can fit different departments
- Long installation process
- Complicated pricing
Verdict: One user points out that Odoo is a bit expensive, the reason being the wide range of features offered by the order management software. But a big business can cut its costs by having a system that offers solutions to most of your business needs on one single platform.
Price: There is a free version. Besides that, you can add the features you want and pay accordingly.
Best for flawless and flexible fulfillment process.
NetSuite is a multichannel order management software that takes care of your orders right from the time they are placed until they reach the customer with the help of some amazing automation features.
- Buy, Fulfill or Return from anywhere.
- The whole order management process can be automated.
- On-time delivery of orders.
- Direct shipment from warehouses, store fulfillment, drop-ship, and continuity/subscription features.
- Establish customer and currency-specific pricing to maximize your profits.
- Consistent innovation
- Easy to use
- Users find it costly
Verdict: NetSuite is a highly recommendable order management system that can support businesses of all sizes.
Price: Starts at $499 per month
In this article, we studied the top 12 best order management systems. Based on our study, we can now conclude that out of the best available multichannel order management systems, Magento, NetSuite, and Orderhive are the overall best software that can fit any business size.
If you are a large enterprise and require wide features on a single platform, then go for Odoo, Freestyle, or Skubana. Odoo can even help you get rid of the long integration procedures with other e-commerce platforms.
Brightpearl is expensive but very easy to use, like Zoho Inventory. Sales order provides exceptional b2b services but lacks some features required by large businesses.
QuickBooks Commerce, which is a known name in the industry, provides a lot of features but with a drawback of a limited number of transactions and users. Veeqo is tough to get along with, but the excellent customer service compensates for that.
- Time taken to research this article: We spent 10 hours researching and writing this article so you can get a useful summarized list of tools with a comparison of each for your quick review.
- Total tools researched online: 25
- Top tools shortlisted for review: 10