This article brings up detailed reviews of the best eCommerce development companies so that you can choose the apt one for your business, as per your specific requirements:
The term eCommerce refers to the trading of goods and services digitally, with the help of the internet. This trading takes place through eCommerce platforms that are purposely built for trading.
In today’s times, you can trade for almost anything online. For example, Food & Beverages, apparel, and Fashion Accessories, Toys, Home Appliances, Tools & equipment, etc., or services like a Home Salon, Car hire, etc., all can be purchased online, within seconds.
What You Will Learn:
- eCommerce Website Development Companies
- Frequently Asked Questions
- List of the Best eCommerce Development Companies
eCommerce Website Development Companies
eCommerce has helped businesses grow tremendously in the past few years. Even buyers are preferring to buy through online stores so that they can get their necessary items delivered directly to their homes.
But, how to get an eCommerce website or mobile application built? Now that’s the crucial part for the business owners. They must look for a company that provides good developers and designing services, at their desirable prices, so that a feasible solution can be reached.
eCommerce development companies help businesses in many ways, such as:
- They take control of the digital transformation of the business, thus letting you rest assured and look after the other important aspects of the business.
- Give us 24/7 support to help you in case of any issues with the delivered project.
- Build a beautiful-looking website, easy to navigate with features like a ‘wishlist’ of items, adding to cart, offering multiple payment options, etc.
- Offer you advanced digital marketing tools, so as to ensure customer traffic and retention of potential clients on the platform.
- Offer consulting services to help businesses grow and lead the competition.
The software/app development process is handled and takes place by the eCommerce development company in the following manner:
- Communicate with you, so as to clearly understand the idea of your business.
- Offer you their well-skilled, experienced, and tested developers, so that you can choose the one you like
- Give you an estimate of the time and cost of the project.
- Give you a prototype of the final product.
- Testing the final product for any bugs.
- Deliver the project at the given time.
- Offer support and maintenance services even after project delivery.
In this article, we have presented a well-researched list of the top best eCommerce development companies, along with detailed reviews, a comparison of the top 5, and market trends. Go through the details to decide which company can suit your business well.
Market Trends: According to a report by Grand View Research, the global e-commerce market stood at a net worth of $9.09 trillion in the year 2019. The market is now expected to expand at a Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) of 14.7% over the years from 2020 to 2027.
The increased use of smartphones and the internet contributes to the biggest factor in the market growth.
Expert Advice: A business must always look for a renowned company for software development, due to the reason that there are many frauds in the industry, who take advance payments from clients and never deliver the products.
Secondly, when you discuss your eCommerce idea with the company, you must sign a contract, clearly stating the time frame of project delivery, estimated costs, and the maintenance services available after the delivery of the final product.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q #1) What is eCommerce development?
Answer: eCommerce development refers to the establishment of a business online, so the buying and selling of goods and services can take place through a digital platform.
Q #2) What are the stages of e-commerce development?
Answer: To get your e-commerce site developed, you have to go through the following stages:
- Make a proper plan for your e-commerce business.
- Look for the best companies offering e-commerce development services, within your budget and time frame.
- Contact them and make them understand your business and your requirements.
- Then they may offer you their ideas based on their expertise,
- Have clear communication and decide on how the actual final product would look like, what its features would be, etc.
- Sign a contract, clearly stating the terms and conditions of the project.
Q #3) Who provides the best e-commerce website development services?
Answer: According to our research, ScienceSoft, Vasterra, TOPS Infosolutions, CMARIX TechnoLabs, and Mountaintop Web Design are the top 5 best e-commerce website development services providers.
Q #4) Why is it called e-commerce?
Answer: When buying and selling goods and services, along with their marketing procedures take place online, through the use of the internet, it is called e-commerce.
Q #5) What are the benefits of e-commerce?
Answer: e-commerce has helped businesses as well as buyers in several ways, such as:
- The sales have increased tremendously.
- Marketing of products has become easy.
- Buyers have access to the products they want, from the comfort of their homes.
- A huge reduction in the time and costs of business owners.
Q #6) What problems does e-commerce face?
Answer: eCommerce businesses can sometimes face cyber threats or frauds done by card thieves.
List of the Best eCommerce Development Companies
A popular list of companies for e-commerce website development:
- TOPS Infosolutions
- CMARIX TechnoLabs
- Mountaintop Web Design
- Top Notch Dezigns
- My Virtual Teams
- Dev Technosys
Comparing the Top eCommerce Developers
|Company||Founded In||Headquarter||Employees||Per hour rate||Most suitable for|
|ScienceSoft||1989||McKinney, TX, USA||700+||$50 - $99||Custom ecommerce solutions for complex and business-specific requirements|
|Vasterra||2010||London, UK||50-249||$50 - $99||Small to medium sized businesses|
|TOPS Infosolutions||2011||Fremont, CA, USA||50-249||$25||Affordable eCommerce solutions for businesses of all types|
|CMARIX TechnoLabs||2009||Ahmedabad, Gujarat, India||228+||$25||Businesses of all sizes, from different industries including eCommerce, healthcare, finance, real estate and more.|
|Mountaintop Web Design||2013||Parker, CO, USA||10-50||$100 - $149||Startups as well as small businesses that want to expand their customer base.|
Best for e-commerce solutions with custom business logic and complete automation of back-office processes.
In eCommerce development since 2003, ScienceSoft is an expert in building flexible and scalable eCommerce solutions with decoupled architecture. With ScienceSoft’s approach, each solution has a unique functional and superior visual design created specifically for a client.
Apart from storefront software, ScienceSoft creates solutions for all back-office eCommerce processes including inventory management, order management, logistics management, product information management, digital marketing automation, and BI.
As a result, ScienceSoft’s clients become more competitive with faster processes and greater visibility into process performance.
ScienceSoft works with nationwide and international e-commerce businesses and helps them be channel-agnostic and agile in their customer experience strategy.
Founded In: 1989
Headquarters: McKinney, TX, USA
Number of Employees: 700+
Estimated Annual Revenue: $32 million
Office Locations: North America, Europe, UK, Gulf
Clients of ScienceSoft: eBay, Nestle, IBM, NASA, Baxter, Rakuten Viber, and many more.
Average Hourly Rate: $50 – $99
- E-commerce Technology Consulting.
- Microservices-based eCommerce development.
- Headless commerce development.
- eCommerce mobile app development.
- Custom UX and UI design.
- E-commerce audit, support, and evolution.
- E-commerce developers with 10+ years of experience.
- Experts in microservices development.
- Truly committed to your success.
- Proactive and eager to look for optimal solutions.
Verdict: ScienceSoft is the best fit for large, growth-oriented eCommerce companies that want to keep their eCommerce solution agile and resilient in a fluctuating market.
Best for custom software development services for small to medium-sized businesses.
Vasterra is an award-winning eCommerce Development Company that helps businesses by building websites, customized software, and hybrid mobile applications for them.
This customer-centric company has a team of multilingual professionals, always ready to hear from you about your visions regarding your project.
Founded In: 2010
Headquarters: London, UK
Number of Employees: 50 – 249
Estimated Annual Revenue: $10,000 – $5 million
Office Locations: UK, USA
Clients of Vasterra: Bank of Georgia, Colliers International, Biz-cen, Etam Paris, and more.
Average Hourly Rate: $50 – $99
- Full-service web development for retail, eCommerce, real estate, and other industries.
- Custom software development services.
- Builds fast and responsive mobile applications for your business.
- ERP, CRM, and LMS development solutions.
- 24/7 support
- Delivers quality products.
Verdict: The platform has 2567 successfully finished projects in its hands. It is one of the most trusted and reliable custom software development companies in the industry.
We highly recommend the platform for small to medium-sized businesses. Their customers have experienced good communication, quality, and on-time delivery of projects, which makes it a popular e-commerce development company.
#3) TOPS Infosolutions
Best for offering cheap e-commerce development solutions for businesses of all types.
TOPS Infosolutions offers eCommerce development services for all types of industries. The range of services offered by them includes eCommerce web as well as application development, dropshipping management tools, inventory management, order management, vendor management, warehouse management, and automated repricers.
The eCommerce solutions delivered by TOP integrate with almost all major eCommerce marketplaces like Amazon, eBay, Rakuten, Walmart, Jet, and Etsy. These solutions can also integrate with platforms like WordPress, Magento, Shopify, WooCommerce, PrestaShop, and OpenCart.
Founded In: 2011
Headquarters: Fremont, CA, USA
Number of Employees: 50 – 249
Estimated Annual Revenue: $22 million
Office Locations: USA, India
Clients of TOPS Infosolutions: PowerAD, UberMagic Two Ltd, BRE Services Company Pty Ltd, and more.
Average Hourly Rate: $25 per hour
- E-commerce application development with the latest online retail architecture.
- E-commerce shopping cart development with a number of advanced, interactive functions.
- Payment Gateway integration and UI design services.
- Full maintenance of eCommerce website and 24/7 customer support.
- You get real-time updates about your eCommerce operations.
- Offers you smart suggestions for improving business operations.
Verdict: We highly recommend TOPS Infosolutions to businesses of all types. Their service is outstanding. Plus, the range of solutions that they offer is appreciable.
The platform has more than 250 clients from 20 countries. The client base is mainly from the real estate, healthcare, retail, hospitality, education, and manufacturing industries.
Website: TOPS Infosolutions
#4) CMARIX TechnoLabs
Best for offering affordable, secure eCommerce development services.
CMARIX TechnoLabs is a global product designing and platform development company. They offer solutions for building mobile applications and enterprise software and allow you to hire developers directly, as per your requirements.
Their tech stack includes Xamarin, Android, iOS, Flutter, Ionic, PWA, Kotlin, React, Magento, Shopify, WooCommerce, NodeJS, PHP, .Net, Angular, VueJs, Software Testing, and more.
Founded In: 2009
Headquarters: Ahmedabad, Gujarat, India
Number of Employees: 228+
Estimated Annual Revenue: $23 million
Office Locations: India, USA, Germany, UK, Italy, Nigeria
Clients of CMARIX TechnoLabs: Nutranext, UPenterprise, Artisan Venture Lab, Couchshopr USA, and more.
Average Hourly Rate: $25 per hour
- Product development and designing solutions.
- Product support and testing services.
- Digital marketing and API integration.
- Strategy & Consulting solutions include Startup consulting, IT consulting, Product auditing, Product development, and more.
- Suitable for a wide array of industries including eCommerce, healthcare, finance, real estate, and more.
- ISO 27001, ISO 9001:2015 certified platform
Verdict: CMARIX has delivered more than 1600 successful projects to date. It is an award-winning and one of the most popular eCommerce software development companies. The platform is suitable for businesses of all sizes. They offer you 24/7 support and maintenance services. The range of solutions offered is appreciable.
Website: CMARIX TechnoLabs
#5) Montaintop Web Design
Best for digital marketing tools to help your eCommerce business grow.
Montaintop Web Design is an award-winning platform for eCommerce businesses. Apart from the website designing and building services, they offer you advanced analytics, consulting, and maintenance services that allow you to improve your business operations and attract more customers.
They aim to provide you with full transparency, integrity, customer support, and data analytics, so as to make your business grow.
Founded In: 2013
Headquarters: Parker, CO, USA
Number of Employees: 10 – 50
Estimated Annual Revenue: < $5 million
Clients of Montaintop Web Design: Redpoint solutions, Microtec, CCS, Encounter Telehealth, Global Food Exchange, Cypress Homes LLC, and more.
Average Hourly Rate: $100 – $149
- Designing responsive and SEO websites.
- WordPress maintenance services include daily data backup in the cloud, daily security and uptime monitoring, issue resolution, and more.
- Local Search Engine Optimization tools.
- Data analytics to help you make better business decisions.
- Advanced digital marketing tools.
- Quick service.
Verdict: The main client base of Mountaintop Web Design is small businesses. The biggest plus point about the platform is that, besides Web development, they offer you advanced digital marketing tools at the same time.
The customer reviews of the platform are nice. The prices are a bit high, but at the end of the day, you receive the value for your money.
Website: Montaintop Web Design
Best for affordable eCommerce website development as well as business intelligence tools.
They offer their services for Healthcare, Fintech, Manufacturing, Ad-Tech, Education and e-Learning, Entertainment and Media, Retail and eCommerce, e-government, and Automotive industries.
Founded In: 2000
Headquarters: Stuttgart, Germany
Number of Employees: 350+
Estimated Annual Revenue: $19 million
Office Locations: Poland, Kazakhstan, Germany, USA, Canada, UK
Clients of Instinctools: SpecTec, Bonnet, Helvar, Lition, and more
Average Hourly Rate: $25 – $49
- Build native iOS as well as Android applications, hybrid mobile apps, and cross-platform development.
- Web development, UX, and design.
- Enterprise software development services.
- Business intelligence and data analytics services.
- Maintenance and support for the project after it’s over.
- A dedicated and responsive support team.
Verdict: The company has delivered more than 650 successful projects to date. The customer reviews of the technical team are great. We highly recommend Instinctools to businesses of all sizes.
The advanced business intelligence tools are also praiseworthy.
Best for web design services.
UOQODE is one of the best eCommerce website development companies. The company holds several prestigious global awards including ‘Top Website Design Company’ by GoodFirms, the ‘Top Developers’ award by Clutch, and more.
They aim at providing its clients with transparency, reliability, trust, and the best possible customer care. The company is currently rendering its services across 17 cities across the globe, including Tampa, Nashville, Los Angeles, Chicago, Houston, Phoenix, San Diego, Austin, Seattle, Boston, Dallas, Philadelphia, Las Vegas, Miami, New York, Denver, and Atlanta.
Founded In: 2014
Headquarters: Nashville, TN, USA
Number of Employees: 50+
Estimated Annual Revenue: $6 million
Office Locations: Nashville, San Diego
Clients of UPQODE: Flow Labs, Liquid Knowledge Group, Nimbledesk, Autotrip, and more.
Average Hourly Rate: $75
- Custom WordPress website design services, as per your unique business needs.
- Advanced web-based project management and design collaboration tools to ensure that you get access to all the designs and codes.
- Use advanced SEO techniques to ensure the success of your website.
- Builds mobile responsive designs.
- Website maintenance, web hosting, digital strategies, contact forms, and many more features.
- Cost-efficient services.
- ISO 27001, ISO 9001:2015 certified platform.
Verdict: Founded about 6 years ago, UPQODE has gained more than 340 happy customers to date. The platform is known for clear communication and on-time delivery of products.
Best for eCommerce consulting and marketing services for small businesses.
Urtasker is an all-in-one platform for e-commerce web designing, launching, and digital marketing. They offer you strategic consulting and digital marketing services, as per your business requirements.
Their services benefit businesses in a number of ways, including increased product visibility, increased web traffic, more marketing opportunities, the building of their brands on popular platforms, beating the competition, and more.
Founded In: 2015
Headquarters: New York, USA
Number of Employees: 200+
Estimated Annual Revenue: $15 million
Office Locations: New York, Islamabad, Jhelum
Average Hourly Rate: Contact directly to learn about pricing details.
- Marketing services for Amazon.
- Digital marketing services include Google Ads marketing, Facebook marketing services, and more.
- Brand management services include SEO, Listing Optimization, Enhanced Brand Content, and more.
- Product research, competitor analysis, keyword tracking, backend optimization, and other services.
- Design and development solutions with maintenance and security services.
- An all-in-one eCommerce solutions provider.
- Highly recommended strategic consulting services.
Verdict: We highly recommend Urtasker to small businesses. The platform has served more than 1000 small businesses to date.
They deliver outstanding customer service and are always ready to hear your unique requirements and work accordingly. Digital marketing and strategic consulting services make the platform a highly popular one.
#9) Top Notch Dezigns
Best for web development services for businesses of all sizes.
Top Notch Dezigns is a web design and digital marketing agency. They claim that their apps will decrease downtime as well as increase efficiency, their mobile application will increase your revenue, plus their digital marketing strategies are result-oriented, aiming at giving you the best possible results.
They take up the tasks of researching, discovering, making content, designing, developing, and optimizing, so that you can rest assured of the growth and success of your business.
Average Hourly Rate: $150 – $199
- Cross-platform web development
- Custom mobile application development services
- Brand development services include the creation of a visual identity, formulating strategies, and more.
- Digital marketing services, aimed at increasing customer loyalty and driving repeat traffic.
Verdict: Top Designs is one of the most popular, award-winning American firms that offer you web design and digital marketing services. It is an 18-year-old platform that delivers its services across many industries and is suitable for businesses of all sizes.
Website: Top Notch Dezigns
Best for offering highly skilled developers for full cycle project management.
Grinteq is one of the top platforms that offer highly skilled E-Commerce Developers. It is a 6-year-old platform with more than 70 team members.
Their tech stack includes Salesforce, SFCC, BigCommerce, Webflow, Shopify Plus, WordPress, Magento1/Magento2, Java, Python, PHP, Typescript, C#, Kotlin, Vue.js, Ruby on Rails, Xamarin, jQuery, Node.js, React, MySQL, MariaDB, Figma, Adobe XD and much more.
Average Hourly Rate: $50 – $99
- Hire experts in a rare tech stack.
- Designing, coding, and testing your custom software.
- Fulfill your business objectives and quality standards.
- Full Cycle Support
- Once the project is completed, the client has all the rights over it.
Verdict: The platform delivers clear communication, cost efficiency, and a flexible hiring model to its clients, thus making it extremely easy for them to scale up or down their development team at any time.
They give you full rights over your project and its delivery process. Square, Partial.ly, Relesys, and Scalapay are some of their clients.
#11) My Virtual Teams
Best for offering secure digital transformation for businesses.
My Virtual Teams is an e-commerce website development company. The platform has delivered several successful eCommerce projects in the Fashion, Automotive, Health & Beauty, and Food & Beverage industries.
They offer design, development, and marketing services for eCommerce businesses.
Average hourly rate: $25 – $49
Website: My Virtual Teams
Best for offering full cycle e-commerce development services.
Polcode is a 16-year-old platform. Today it has more than 150 team members and has delivered more than 1400 successful projects to date.
Their tech stack includes PHP, SYMFONY, REACT NATIVE, REACT, PWA, TWITCH, RUBY ON RAILS, and much more. Combo Strike, AppyBee, Impak Finance, BizzyOwl, Greenway are some of its clients.
Average Hourly Rate: $50 – $99
#13) Dev Technosys
Best for offering a complete package from product design to continuous software delivery.
Dev Technosys is a leading ISO 9001: 2015 certified platform for web and mobile application development. It is a team of more than 150 skilled professionals, who have delivered 950+ successful projects to date.
The industries covered by the platform include Education, Food & Restaurant, Travel & Tours, Healthcare, Gaming, eCommerce, Automotives, Service Marketplace, and more.
Average Hourly Rate: $25 – $49
Website: Dev Technosys
Best for delivering cost-effective, scalable e-commerce development solutions.
QualiLogic is an all-in-one eCommerce development company that develops responsive eCommerce stores for the Web, Tablets, and Mobile phones. They use tools like Shopify, Magento2, WooCommerce, Joomla, and Drupal for creating detail-oriented products.
Their services are appreciable as well as affordable. They also allow you to hire a developer directly and get the work done as you want.
Average Hourly Rate: $25
The online presence of businesses has become mandatory in today’s time. Not only that, your e-commerce website/application must be attractive, bug-free, easy to navigate, and loaded with modern, advanced features like payment options, etc.
And, due to this, the demand for eCommerce developers is also at an all-time high. Startups need them to establish their online presence, and established businesses need time-to-time upgrades of their eCommerce platforms, so as to maintain their customers.
The eCommerce software development companies usually charge an average of $25 – $150 per hour for these services. The full project may cost you a minimum of $5000 and can go as high as $1 million.
The best eCommerce development companies are ScienceSoft, Vasterra, TOPS Infosolutions, CMARIX TechnoLabs, Mountaintop Web Design, Instinctools, UPQODE, Urtasker, Top Notch Dezigns, and Grinteq.
- Time Taken to Research this Article: We spent 15 hours researching and writing this article so you can get a useful summarised list of eCommerce Development Companies with a comparison of the top 5 for your quick review.
- Total eCommerce Development Companies Researched Online: 18
- Top eCommerce Development Companies Shortlisted for Review: 14