Review, compare and select the best software from the list of top SMS Marketing Software for online marketing of your business:
SMS stands for Short Message Service. It refers to the service that allows the users to send short messages to connect or to transfer any information or idea with other people.
Short Message Service is a service that is provided by various service providers that helps the companies in their marketing process to connect or to engage with the leads, new customers, or existing customers.
There is also various SMS marketing software that helps the companies in various ways to increase communication efficiency and to boost their sales or revenues.
What You Will Learn:
- SMS Marketing Software Review
- Importance Of SMS Marketing
- Frequently Asked Questions
- List of Top SMS Marketing Software
SMS Marketing Software Review
Importance Of SMS Marketing
- Ubiquity: SMS is universally used almost everywhere. It can be sent or received even on a basic phone. There is no need to have a smartphone or Internet connection to connect with someone.
- High open rate: People open SMS more likely than emails or any other form of message. It has a high open-rate.
- Immediate delivery: It is delivered instantly and there is very little chance of being ended up in spam as compared to the email messages.
- Convenience: It is a convenient way to connect to anyone rather than calling or emailing.
- Familiarity: Everyone is familiar with the SMS service on their phones. So it is a better place for businesses to connect with their customers on SMS only.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q #1) What is an SMS marketing tool?
Answer: It is the tool for businesses that helps them in connecting with their customers to promote their goods or services digitally via Short Message Service. It is a type of online marketing.
Q #2) What are the best SMS marketing tool?
Answer: These include:
Q #3) Are SMS messages free?
Answer: It depends on different software and their different pricing plans. Some offer free basic plans with some amount of messages free of cost, and some provide free trials for certain days. In this way, they charge something according to their pricing plans.
Q #4) What type of marketing is SMS marketing?
Answer: It falls under the category of digital marketing or online marketing. It refers to that kind of marketing in which the company promotes its products or services through digital platforms like social media, email, SMS, search engine, and so on.
Q #5) What are the benefits of SMS marketing?
Answer: Short Message Service marketing is very beneficial for any business. Some benefits are described as:-
- It has a high open rate as compared to the other means of communication.
- It is a universal platform which means almost everyone owns it and is familiar with it.
- Most people or customers prefer to connect or to communicate via text messages rather than on a call or email.
- It is a cost-effective method of communication as compared to offline methods where you need to send letters or brochures.
- It helps in increasing customer engagement by offering various offers, coupons, discounts, etc.
Our TOP Recommendations:
|• Contact Segmentation|
• Text Forwarding
• SMS Personalization
• 2-Way Messaging
• List Segmentation
|• List segmentation|
• SMS Customization
|• Text Scheduling
• Contact Importing
• List management
|Price: $19 monthly|
Trial version: 14 days
|Price: $29 monthly|
Trial version: 14 Days
|Price: $25 monthly|
Trial version: 14 days
|Price: $9 monthly
Trial version: 14 days
|Visit Site >>||Visit Site >>||Visit Site >>||Visit Site >>|
List of Top SMS Marketing Software
Here is a list of the most effective and impressive text message marketing software:
- EZ Texting
Comparison of the Best Text Message Marketing Software
|EZ Texting||Creating and Launching Customized Business Text Messaging Campaigns||Phone, email support, Help Desk, Live Chat||Cloud, SaaS||-||4.5/5|
|SimpleTexting||Sales, Marketing and Support||Phone, web-based, email support, Help Desk, Live Chat||Cloud, SaaS||-||4.5/5|
|Textedly||Long text messages above 160 characters.||Windows|
|Cloud Hosted||Between $0-2,800 per month||4.7/5|
|Maropost||SMS Scheduling and Segmentation||Phone, Email, Chat, Documentation.||Cloud, On-Premise||Starts at $251/month||4.5/5|
|Sendinblue||Sending Targeted SMS Messages||Live chat, phone, email support||Android, Web, iOS, Mac, Windows||Lite plan costs $25/month,|
Premium Plan costs $65/month,
A custom enterprise plan is also available.
|Podium||Web-based, Android, iOS||Cloud-based||Medium to large businesses||Essentials: $289/month, Standard: $449/month, Professional: $649/month||5/5|
|ActiveCampaign||Text Messaging and SMS Marketing Automation.||Windows, iOS, Mac, Android.||Cloud based||Between $9 to $149 per month.||5/5|
|Freshmarketer||Streamline SMS Marketing||Phone, Live Chat, Email, FAQ, Knowledge Base.||Cloud, SaaS||Starts at $19/month||4.5/5|
|JookSMS||Improving customer retention||Email/Help Desk|
|Cloud, SaaS||Between $0-100 per month||5/5|
|Cloud Hosted||Between $29-1250 per month||4.9/5|
|Omnisend||Marketing automation tools.||Web-based||Cloud Hosted||Between $0-99 per month.||4.8/5|
|TextMagic||Sending personalised messages in bulk.||Windows|
|$0.04 per month||4.7/5|
Let us review each one below.
#1) EZ Texting
Best for creating and launching customized business text messaging campaigns.
EZTexting is a leading name in SMS marketing, boasting a customer base of over 165k of active users. It is a cloud-based text messaging solution that any type of business can use to connect with its audience via mobile technology.
It comes loaded with tons of tools such as campaign management, text marketing, custom sign-up forms, contact management, etc. All of which together help businesses reach out and convert their mobile audience. You also get access to its massive library of templates, which can be used to create visually compelling SMS and MMS messages.
- Import, Customize, and Segment Contact List.
- Access to a suite of text messaging tools like 2-way texting, text forwarding, etc.
- Personalize SMS and MMS with a template library.
- Create a scannable image like QR codes to redirect your customers to the website, sign-up form, etc.
- Allow contact to join your subscriber list by only texting a keyword to your number.
Verdict: With a comprehensive suite of messaging tools at your disposal, EZTexting allows you to dominate the SMS marketing sphere. From segmenting your contact lists to personalizing your text and picture messages, EZTexting will help you seamlessly connect, communicate and persuade your mobile prospects.
- Value: $19 per month
- Essential Plan: $29 per month
- Premium: $49 per month
- Custom plan: $299 per month
Best for Sales, Marketing, and Support.
SimpleTexting comes jam-packed with a ton of basic and advanced features to help you launch an SMS marketing campaign that converts. You get access to a plethora of text templates, segments, and custom fields, which you can use to create marketing campaigns that are unique to each subscriber.
With SimpleTexting, you can send messages and alerts to everyone on your contact list in bulk. Speaking of contact lists, SimpleTexting allows you to easily segment your list in a bid to launch a more targeted text marketing campaign. You also get a mobile application with all the same features that are compatible with both iOS and Android devices.
- 2-way messaging
- Contact list segmentation
- Multiple users access
- Zapier and MailChimp integration
Verdict: SimpleTexting is an all-in-one text messaging tool with features that can help you effectively connect with your mobile audience for marketing, sales, and support. It is easy to use, customizable and also integrates seamlessly with other marketing applications. As such, SimpleTexting has our highest recommendation.
Price: Price Starting at $29 per month for 500 credits.
Visit SimpleTexting Website >>
Best for long text messages above 160 characters.
Textedly is a text marketing software that helps in two-way SMS. It provides its users Mass group texting, scheduling text, auto replying text, sending a long text message, built-in link sharing, uploading subscribers list, email capturing, voice services, automatic replies, Instagram texting, personalization, drip campaigns, text to join or vote, securing data and information, etc.
- Sends messages in bulk i.e., mass group texting.
- Provides a feature of auto replying text to the customers.
- Through this software, one can schedule text to be sent later at the right time.
- It helps in creating marketing campaigns like drip campaigns.
- It enables the users to send long messages about the standard limit of 160 words.
Verdict: Textedly is recommended for its simple low-cost plans where you don’t need to subscribe for the bigger plan unnecessarily. You can go with a minimum value plan as per your need. It is best for the feature of sending big texts exceeding the standard limit that the other companies or software provides.
- Starter: $0 per month
- Bronze: $24 per month
- Plus: $39 per month
- Enterprise: $50 per month
- Elite: $70 per month
- Business: $140 per month
- Silver: $210 per month
- Premium: $350 per month
- Pro: $500 per month
- Gold: $700 per month
- Platinum: $1400 per month
- Diamond: $2100 per month
- Champion: $2800 per month
Best for SMS Scheduling and Segmentation.
Maropost is a platform you can use to upgrade your mobile marketing strategy with push notifications and SMS. This is a platform that allows you to segment audiences based on past customer data and website action. You can then customize your SMS messages based on this information.
You can also use Maropost to set up events that trigger push notifications. These notifications can include personalized deals, discounts, and alerts. You can then rely on application event tracking to track and measure mobile app engagement.
- Schedule Automatic SMS
- Customer List Segmentation
- Trigger Push Notifications
- Application Event Tracking
Verdict: Maropost is the software for you if you wish to ace your mobile/SMS marketing strategy. The platform allows you to both segments and schedule your SMSs. Whether it is sending SMS messages automatically or triggering push notifications, you’ll find Maropost to be extremely convenient.
Price: There are 3 pricing plans and a 14-day free trial.
- Essential: $251/month
- Professional: $764/month
- Enterprise: $1529/month
Best for Sending Targeted SMS Messages.
Sendinblue allows you to create personalized SMS messages, which you can then send automatically to targeted individuals in your contact list to incite engagement. All you need to do is compose a message, choose a contact from your list and schedule the SMS to be sent automatically whenever you desire.
The platform allows you to set up transactional SMS for order confirmation, shipping updates, etc. The SMSs can be greatly customized with the help of segmentation tools. You can even try dynamically adding contact information like company name or last name. Lastly, get measurable metrics to assess the performance of your SMS marketing campaign.
- SMS Customization
- Contact List Segmentation
- Automated SMS Scheduling
- Insightful Analytical Reporting
Verdict: Sendinblue is a fantastic marketing automation software if you wish to cover more ground by engaging in some productive SMS marketing. You can create, personalize, schedule, and manage the targeted SMSs without breaking a sweat and even assess the performance of your launched campaigns to make last-minute tweaks that help you yield the desired results.
- A free plan is available
- Lite plan costs $25/month
- Premium Plan costs $65/month
- A custom enterprise plan is also available
- 14 days free trial
Best for Text marketing and capturing website leads.
Podium provides its users with a plethora of advanced but easy-to-use tools, all in a bid to bring more customers to their business. The platform works wonders in increasing the volume of reviews that your business receives. Podium goes out of its way to make sure these reviews can be easily found on Google, Facebook, and more such platforms.
In addition, the platform integrates your website with a web chat tool that can kick-start conversations with your visitors. This makes Podium ideal for generating promising leads. Podium also serves as an effective campaign launcher. You’ll be able to launch custom campaigns that target specific groups of customers within minutes with this platform.
- Increase review volume in a short span of time.
- Capture leads from website
- Launch custom campaigns
- See all messages in one place
Verdict: With Podium, you get a marketing tool that leverages the power of positive reviews, lead generation, and custom-targeted campaigns to drive customers to a business. As such, it has our recommendation.
- Essentials: $289/month
- Standard: $449/month
- Professional: $649/month
- 14-day free trial is available.
Best for Text Messaging and SMS Marketing Automation.
Aside from being good at general email marketing, ActiveCampaign also comes packed with tools that make SMS marketing automation possible. This makes the tool ideal for businesses who would like to reach out to their customers on the go.
The software enhances customer engagement and expands your reach by facilitating SMS marketing automation via integration with apps like Whatsapp, BulkSMS, etc. You can also add SMS automation directly to your already created workflow to notify sales agents, follow up with a contact, and more.
- Automatically send scheduled texts and notifications.
- Import contacts with phone numbers.
- Manually manage your existing phone number list.
- Schedule messages at a specified time and date.
Verdict: ActiveCampaign allows you to leave no stone unturned by helping you expand your search for quality leads via SMS marketing automation. The software allows you to schedule your text messages and notifications to reach your contact list at the right time without any hassle.
- Lite: $9 per month
- Plus: $49 per month
- Professional: $149 per month
- Custom plan available
Visit ActiveCampaign Website >>
Best for Streamline SMS Marketing.
Freshmarketer is a platform you can count on to not only drive engagement across your SMS channels, but also through Whatsapp, emails, chat. The platform exists to deliver a seamless marketing, sales, and CRM management experience in one comprehensive solutions.
It give you a clear, 360 degree view into your customers. This insight can help you deliver a much more personalized customer experience. The platform boasts powerful analytics, which you can use to gain insight on SMS open and click rates. You can use this information to generate leads and increase conversions.
- Multichannel Engagement
- Powerful Marketing Analytics
- Marketing Segmentation
- Marketing Automation
If you seek an intuitive marketing, sales, and CRM management solution wrapped in one easy to deploy and use platform, then Freshmarketer is for you. Not only will it improve the quality of your SMS marketing campaigns but also drive engagement across other communication channels as well.
- Forever Free Plan Available
- Growth Plan: $19/month
- Pro Plan: $149/month
- Enterprise Plan: $299/month
Visit Freshmarketer Website >>
Best for improving customer retention and gaining new ones with bulk text messaging.
JookSMS is one of the best and is rated the #1 SMS provider on websites like Capterra. Over 5000 companies use this for their marketing purposes. It provides a free trial and free demo to its users. It provides a proper app for its functioning with a very simple and easy to set up with no hidden fees or charges and with great customer service.
- Sending bulk messages through an app.
- Building marketing campaigns.
- Enables you to create Drip campaigns to send updates automatically on a schedule.
- Provides the feature of customizing message templates to make them more compelling.
Verdict: JookSMS is recommended for its features like drip campaigns and customized message templates. They provide a free trial and a demo, free of cost to their customers.
- Free- $0 for 30 days
- Prepaid- no fixed monthly cost
- Basic- $25 per month for 1033 SMS
- Gold- $50 per month for 2233 SMS
- Platinum- $100 per month for 4666 SMS.
Best for SMS scheduling.
SlickText is a text message marketing software that helps its users to send text messages in bulk to its customers to let them join the marketing list, to win something, to vote & for surveys. It provides SMS scheduling, autoresponders, email capture, email integrations, Facebook integration, Zapier integration, etc.
- It helps in sending text messages in bulk for customers to join, win or vote.
- Enables the users in scheduling the messages to send them later at the right time.
- Provides SMS autoresponders to reply to messages with ease.
- Captures the emails of subscribers and exports them to the email marketing provider.
Verdict: SlickText is recommended for its pricing plans and its feature of SMS scheduling. They provide 14-day free trial for 50 text messages. After that, you need to upgrade your plan as per your need.
- The Basic: $29 per month
- The Step Up: $49 per month
- The Lil Bro: $79 per month
- The Big Bro: $139 per month
- The Boss: $189 per month
- The Albatross: $350 per month
- The Whale: $750 per month
- The Monstro: $1250 per month
Best for marketing automation tools.
Omnisend is an easy-to-use marketing software that helps in boosting sales through SMS, email marketing, and automation. It provides various features that include features like marketing automation, email marketing, SMS, web push notifications, pop-ups and forms, reports, customer intelligence, etc.
- Building email campaigns by providing email templates, drag-and-drop content editors, and dynamic discount codes.
- It provides automation of workflow that helps the users in building customized messages for autogenerating them for customers.
- It helps in maintaining customer data by providing reports, segmentation, retention analytics, customer lifecycle stages, etc.
- Capturing customers by generating pop-ups and forms automatically.
- Reports the performance via sales dashboards, campaign reports, and advanced reporting.
- Provides the feature of integrating various channels on a single platform like email, SMS, web push notifications, etc on a single platform.
Verdict: Omnisend is best for its features like multi-channel campaigns and email marketing, that collaborates various channels as SMS, email, etc on a single platform. They provide a free plan and a free trial with every plan.
- Free: $0 per month
- Standard: $16 per month
- Pro: $99 per month
- Enterprise: Contact for pricing.
Best for sending personalized messages in bulk.
TextMagic is a bulk Short Message Service marketing software with a simple installation. It enables the users to send and receive the SMS in bulk. You can convert an email into SMS and can integrate SMS API with your business. It manages contacts by categorizing them into groups and lists.
- Manages text online, i.e., managing contacts & lists, scheduling text etc.
- It helps in scheduling text messages.
- Enables you to attach any PDF file, image, or Word file if needed.
- It allows you to send messages in bulk around the globe.
- It provided analysis and reports on text status, delivery, reply rates, and costs.
Verdict: TextMagic is recommended for its reasonable pricing and bulk sending of SMS. It provides a free trial and charges only $0.04 per SMS or MMS for sending them in bulk and for using available features.
- Text messages: $0.04 per text
- MMS: $0.04 per MMS
- Lookup: $0.04 per lookup
Best for call management.
Salesmsg is a marketing software that turns text into sales faster by helping its users with various features and services like- two-way texting, providing toll-free and landline numbers, team communication, SMS broadcasting, automation, call management, etc. It can integrate with the apps you use and automate text for engaging customers.
- It helps in communicating with your customers with two-way texting.
- Manages team members’ accounts for communication.
- It provides a feature of SMS broadcasting that enables you to connect with a large number of customers simultaneously.
- Automates messages to start the conversation with the customers.
- Manages calls by outbound calling, call recording, call history, call analytics, etc.
Verdict: Salesmsg is best for its call management features, like call forwarding, landline texting, call recording, call history, mute callers, call analytics, receiving inbound calls, and outbound calling.
- Pro: $35 per month
- Premium: $300 per month
- Custom: Contact for pricing
Best for an all-in-one platform (sales, marketing, helpdesk, and live chat)
EngageBay enables the users to manage marketing, sales, and support teams in a single place by providing CRM software, marketing automation, Live Chat Software, and Helpdesk software. This acts as a single solution for all the activities as a single body before the customers that are connected to different departments.
- It provides CRM that includes features like- contact management, deal management, sales automation, and appointment scheduling.
- In its marketing software, they provide landing pages, email management, and marketing automation.
- With the help of its Helpdesk software, it covers ticket management, views, micros, and ticket automation.
Verdict: EngageBay is recommended for all-in-one software and price affordability. It covers sales, marketing, helpdesk, and live chat all in a single platform with a free download or free initial plan.
- Free: $0 per month
- Basic: $8.99 per month
- Growth: $29.99 per month
- Pro: $47.99 per month
Best for API to send and receive SMS, MMS, OTT messages globally.
Twilio is a wholesome platform that helps its users in engaging the customers through any channel they want, like call, email, video, live chat, or chatbots. It helps in providing effective communication channels from email marketing to capture leads to dispatch notifications, appointment reminders, etc.
- Allows you to connect to the customers through any channel including- SMS, calls, video, email, Twilio lives, or chatbots.
- Provides various applications like Twilio flex, marketing campaigns, Twilio frontline, account security, and Twilio segment.
- It provides loT connectivity, elastic SOP trunking, phone numbers, and shortcodes.
- It provides solutions for marketing, operations & customer service departments and to various industries (financial services, retail, hospitality, real estate, and healthcare)
Verdict: Twilio is recommended for its simple pricing plans. You don’t need to pay for what you don’t want, i.e.; they offer you a plan according to each channel you want, or application you want, or connectivity you require. You need to pay as you go further.
Pricing: It is between $0.001- 150 per month according to different channels, applications, and connectivity.
In the above research, we found how much SMS marketing is necessary for a business, whether it is a local or small-scale business, medium or large-sized business. To reach the customers or to communicate with them, you always need a channel and ways such as Short Message Service marketing.
There are various Short Message Service marketing software available in the market. Every software has some common features and some features different from others but ultimately lead to effective marketing.
Like sending bulk messages is a common feature among all above-mentioned SMS software. Some provide text scheduling like TextMagic, Textedly, SlickText, etc. Above the standard limit, if you want to send a message you can go with Textedly. If you want to get more reviews and feedback, you can go with Podium.
In this way, all software is rich in features for you to communicate better and to increase your sales or revenue.
Our Review Process:
This article has been researched for 45 hours with 20 tools in which the top 11 tools were shortlisted as mentioned above.