Read the reviews to compare the best Customer Feedback Software platforms to collect online feedback from customers and improve the brand’s performance:
Customer Feedback Software refers to a platform that helps in collecting customer feedback, finding gaps, and improving the customer experience. It comes with a variety of features like collecting feedback from different channels, asking the right questions at the right time, intent analysis, sentiment analysis, and many more.
Importance of Customer Feedback Software:
- It helps in identifying the areas of improvement by collecting feedback on products, services, satisfaction, and their experience.
- Helps in making business predictions and can improve churn rates and take preventive measures.
- Good customer feedback can be used as a customer testimonial or review.
- Customer insights can help assist in high-level planning and strategy.
What You Will Learn:
- Customer Feedback Collection Tools – Market Trends
- Frequently Asked Questions
- List of the Best Customer Feedback Software Platforms
Customer Feedback Collection Tools – Market Trends
Market Trends: According to Grand View Research, the market share of customer experience management software was estimated at $8.79 billion in 2021 and is expected to grow from 2022 to 2030 with a CAGR of 18.1%.
Expert Advice: To select a customer feedback software that best fits your business, you need to consider an easy-to-use software with features like conducting surveys, providing customer satisfaction metrics, integration support, customization, and reasonable pricing.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q #1) What is the best feedback tool?
Answer: The best feedback tools are:
Q #2) What is the best way to collect customer feedback?
Answer: There are many ways to collect customer feedback. The best of them are long form-based surveys, short in-app surveys, SCAT surveys, website feedback widgets, customer interviews, transactional emails, and suggestion boards.
Q #3) What is the best KPI for measuring customer satisfaction?
Answer: The best KPIs for measuring customer satisfaction are:
- Net Promoter Score (NPS)
- Customer Effort Score (CES)
- Customer Satisfaction Surveys (CSAT)
- Customer Service Satisfaction (CSS)
- Customer Health Score (CHS)
Q #4) What is CX in digital marketing?
Answer: CX stands for Customer Experience. It refers to all the interactions of customers with the brand. These interactions make the customers’ overall perception and impression of your brand.
Q #5) What is customer feedback software?
Answer: Customer feedback software is a platform to collect feedback from customers in order to improve the brand’s performance and to make the customer experience better. Customer feedback is a key metric that shows the true value of your brand.
List of the Best Customer Feedback Software Platforms
Some remarkable Customer feedback software:
Comparison of Top Online Customer Feedback and Survey Platforms
|Software||Best for||Support||Free trial||Pricing|
|Tidio||Custom chatbot creation||Web, Android, iPhone||Available||Starts at $15.83/month.|
|HubSpot||Deepening customer relationships||Web, Android, iOS||14 days||Starts at $45/month|
|Mopinion||Easy setup and leading technology.||Android|
|14-day free trial||Starts from $229 per month|
|Qualaroo||Getting 10x more insights than email surveys.||Android|
|15-day free trial||Starts from $80 per month|
|Typeform||Built-in photo & video libraries, custom layouts and themes.||Windows|
|Free plan||Starts from $0 per month|
|Feedier||Turning experience excellence into a competitive advantage||Windows|
|Not available||Contact for pricing.|
|SurveyMonkey||A trusted panel of more than 175 million respondents from across the globe.||Windows|
|Free basic plan available||Starts from $32 per month|
Best for Custom chatbot creation
Tidio makes it to our list because of its ability to create responsive chatbots. You get more than 30 templates to create a stunning chatbot without any coding knowledge necessary. These chatbots can then be deployed to automate the conversations you can have with your website visitors.
This is what makes Tidio such a good customer feedback software. Another thing that is really impressive about Tidio is its unified agent interface. The platform pulls messages you receive from across all your social channels and presents them to you in an organized manner.
- Live Chat: Automate conversations with website visitors with graphical chatbots.
- Order Management: Use in-built Shopify to reply to customers on your online store faster.
- AI Bots: Automate responses to clients with AI response bots.
- Ticketing: Convert chats into tickets and track as well as tag all issues until they are resolved.
- Integration: Integrate with CRM, Sales and Marketing tools.
Suitable for Small and Medium businesses.
- Seamless integration
- Highly customizable
- A free plan and free trial available
- Flexible pricing
- You’ll pay relatively higher if you wish to acquire and use its automation features
Verdict: Tidio is an intuitive customer feedback tool that allows you to build strong relationships with your visitors and customers via live chat, ticketing, and response bots. Tidio has our highest recommendation for small and medium-sized businesses.
- Free Forever Plan
- Communicator: $15.83/month
- Chatbots: $32.50/month
- Tidio+: 240.83/month
Best for deepening customer relationships, connecting to the front office, and driving team efficiency.
HubSpot is a customer service platform that helps in improving customer experiences through its effective service, 24/7 customer support, and education. The service tools that it provides help in deepening customer relationships, connecting to the front office, and deriving team efficiency.
It provides services like inbound calling, live chat, VoIP calling, conversation intelligence, Customer feedback surveys (NPS, CSAT, CES, and more), service analytics, and so on.
- Forms: Enables the user to create effective forms using the customer’s browser history.
- Follow-up: The facility of follow-up is provided by generating reminders for follow-up actions and automatically sending follow-up emails.
- Analysis: With the help of built-in data analytics, the user can have a quick customer feedback analysis.
- Integration: Can be seamlessly integrated with other apps supported by HubSpot.
- Surveys: Includes online feedback tools like NPS, CSAT, CES, and custom surveys.
- Customer Relationship: Deepens relationships with customers with services like a customer portal, knowledge base, omnichannel messaging, and so on.
Verdict: HubSpot is the best for its features like custom feedback & surveys, desk automation, reporting, and playbooks. The installation is easy and can be integrated seamlessly with other applications supported by HubSpot. Improvements in styling and reporting are suggested.
- Free: $0/month
- Starter: $45/month
- Professional: $450/month
- Enterprise: $1,200/month.
Best for easy setup and leading technology.
Mopinion is a customer feedback software that helps customers in providing a minimal friction digital experience by knowing their needs through different surveys, feedback, and more. It has been awarded the top performer award in 2022 for customer feedback management software.
It is GDPR and WCAG compliant with ISO 27001 certification. Popular brands like DHL, TOYOTA, ZEEMAN, KPN trust it, and many more.
It provides solutions for CX professionals, digital marketers, analysts, email marketers, and more. It helps in generating context, building forms, and creating surveys for websites, apps, and emails with various feedback metrics, insights & actions, integrations, and technology.
- Feedback Metrics: Includes various feedback metrics like Customer Effort Score, NPS, GCR, Customer Satisfaction, and many more.
- Integration: Integrates with various CRM tools, web analytics, project management software, A/B testing, etc. (Like Slack, Google Analytics, Jira Software, etc).
- Technology: Provides fully-managed cloud-based architecture to improve the digital CX.
- Insights & Actions: Best data visualization and action management tools are available that help in collaboration, engagement, text & sentiment analysis, reporting, and more.
- Mopinion for Emails: Helps in increasing engagement within email campaigns through generating context, building forms, and creating surveys.
- Mopinion for Websites: Delivers an exceptional website experience by deriving engagements, boosting conversations, and delivering context.
- Mopinion for Apps: Provides powerful in-app insights by collecting feedback with the help of SDKs.
Suitable For: All digital enterprises.
- Customization of forms and surveys is present.
- Enables you to take full control of your feedback data.
- Provides different feedback metrics like NPS, CGR, etc.
- A problem with the dashboard as it crashes at each connection.
Verdict: Mopinion is recommended for this feature to provide various feedback metrics like Customer Effort Score, NPS, GCR, Customer Satisfaction, and many more. It helps in analyzing customer behavior and creating effective strategies to improve the customer experience.
- A 14-day free trial is available.
- Growth- $229 per month
- Turbo- $579 per month
- Enterprise – Contact for pricing.
Best for getting 10x more insights than email surveys.
Qualaroo is a simple and easy user feedback tool that helps in surveying visitors right from your website or app. It provides AI-powered analytics and reports to let you know what and why people are doing on your website and to enable you to serve them better. This includes features like prototype testing, question branching, professional templates, advanced targeting, and more.
Various solutions provided include NPS, customer experience management, growing website leads, survey software, product feedback, and so on.
- Templates: Provides pre-built templates that save time and create consistency. Includes templates like UX questions, customer effort scores, and many more.
- Analysis: Sentiment analysis is available powered by IBM Watson.
- Insights: Nudge for prototypes is provided for better user insights into the design process.
- Surveys: Exit intent surveys, confirmation page surveys, and A/B testing are available to know the user’s intent and behavior.
- NPS: Net Promoter Score is provided to measure customer satisfaction and overall brand perception.
- Integration: Integrates with various famous tools like Salesforce, Slack, HubSpot, Google Analytics, and many more.
Suitable For: Small, medium, and large businesses.
- Have various customizable features for different surveys.
- Helps in checking the pulse of customers with its Nudge feature.
- Various feedback, including user experience feedback, iOS & Android feedback, website feedback, etc are available.
- Dashboard and reporting need to be improved.
Verdict: Qualaroo is recommended for its contextual customer insights that enable the users to understand their customers and their intent in a better way. Some users are advised to improve their dashboards and make their reporting more comprehensive.
- A 15-day free trial is available.
- Essentials- $80 per month
- Premium- $160 per month
- Enterprise – Contact for pricing.
- Add-ons- Between $384-$470 per year.
Best for built-in photo & video libraries, custom layouts, and themes.
Typeform is a customer feedback software that helps in making interactive forms, quizzes, and surveys that people enjoy answering. It engages the audience by asking them questions one at a time by using built-in photos, videos, custom layouts, and themes.
It works in just three simple steps: Create forms with the help of templates, share the form via website, email, or link and get results in the form of responses. It can be integrated with tools like Slack, Google Sheets, Zapier, Mailchimp, and many more.
- Forms & Surveys: Various templates for forms and surveys are available to let you add a conversational touch to your questions.
- Video Interaction: Enables you to connect with your customers face-to-face via video interactions and makes the website more interactive.
- Chatbots: Enable you to create a customized chatbot for your website and engage your visitors in a personal and seamless way.
- Secure: Ensure your data and information are secured with multiple levels of encryption (TLS, AES) and access controls.
- Integration: Can be integrated with other apps and software, including Google Sheets, Zapier, Google Analytics, and many more.
Suitable For: Small, medium & large businesses and freelancers.
- Real-time decision-making is possible with live result tracking.
- Provides valuable insights with feedback data.
- Templates are available to kick-start the conversation.
- Creating a sophisticated or a little complex survey is difficult.
Verdict: Typeform is best for its features like pre-designed templates of different forms and surveys and its video interaction feature where you can connect with your customers face-to-face, making the communication more interactive.
- Free- $0 per month
- Basic- $25 per month
- Plus- $50 per month
- Business- $83 per month
- Custom – Contact for pricing.
Best for turning experience excellence into a competitive advantage.
Feedier is an intuitive feedback solution that helps in analyzing and converting customer feedback into visually actionable insights. It is suitable for small, medium as well as large enterprises. It collects the feedback by creating interactive surveys, sending SMS & email campaigns, and curing digital feedback.
It organizes the collected feedback with context across touchpoints. The collected feedback is then analyzed with intuitive charts and compelling insights. It includes various solutions, including customer experience, feedback collection, NPS, Voice of the customer, and so on.
- Collect & Organize: Helps in collecting and organizing the feedback for better understanding.
- Insights: Generates compelling reports and insights to understand complex data.
- Improve Experience: Helps in improving the customer experience by analyzing customer intent through individual feedback reports, action workflow, and more.
- Secure: It provides full compliance and data security, as it is GDPR compliant.
- Solutions: Includes a bundle of solutions like NPS, VoC, customer journey mapping, live-feedback alerts, and many more.
Suitable For: Small, mid-size & large enterprises, and freelancers.
- Identify bad experiences.
- Tag and organize feedback data.
- Capture both structured and unstructured feedback.
- Improvements in widgets are recommended.
Verdict: Feedier is recommended for its customer experience management features, including collecting feedback from any source, unifying feedback, and automatically assigning feedback. It is also good for managing big data for CX professionals and business leaders.
Pricing: Contact for pricing.
Best for a trusted panel of more than 175 million respondents from across the globe.
SurveyMonkey is a customer feedback platform that enables users to get a deeper understanding of their audiences through surveys on customer satisfaction, market research, employee engagement, opinion polls, and many more. It provides specialized products including CX solutions, HR solutions, Marketing solutions, Engage, Apply, and so on.
It provides solutions to increase customer loyalty, improve employee experience, create campaigns, increase ROI, derive growth, and so on.
- Surveys: A variety of surveys are available to get a deeper understanding of your audience. This includes surveys like- CSAT, marketing surveys, healthcare surveys, and many more.
- Feedback: With the help of GetFeedback, you can easily measure the customer experience.
- CX Program: Enables you to easily monitor your CX program by automating feedback collection.
- Forms: With the help of its Wufu solution, you can easily build forms to gather data and collect payments.
- Collect & Review: With its Apply solution, you can easily collect and review applications to select the candidate faster.
- Templates: Pre-designed survey templates are available to create effective surveys.
Suitable For: Small and medium businesses, big enterprises, and freelancers.
- Unlimited surveys can be created and shared free of cost under the basic plan.
- Real-time reporting and analysis are available.
- Enhanced security with password protection and IP blocking is present.
- There are glitches on the website.
Verdict: SurveyMonkey is best for its variety of survey templates, global audience, and online feedback tool (GetFeedback). It also provides other valuable tools that are equally powerful, including Wufu, Apply, TechValidate, Engage, CX and Audience.
- Basic plan: Free
- Business plans:
- Team advantage: $25 per user per month.
- Team premier: $75 per user per month
- Enterprise: Contact for pricing.
- Personal plans:
- Advantage: $32 per month
- Premium: $119 per month
- Standard: $99 per month
Best for product feedback and feedback management tools like in-app screen captures, surveys, and upvote boards.
Usersnap is an all-in-one customer feedback platform that provides solutions for SaaS companies, enterprise feedback, and web/software agencies. It is one of the best software for growing SaaS companies and is trusted by popular companies like Canva, Instacart, Microsoft Worldwide, Facebook, and more.
This helps in getting customer satisfaction ratings by sending customized pop-ups with NPS, CSAT, CES, and other rating systems. Users can send bug issues and suggestions via the side button with the feedback option. It is packed with a bundle of essential features like labels, statistics, reply-to, an upvote board, and many more.
- Website Feedback Tool: Enables users to place a feedback button with options on their site to allow the customer to easily lease issues and suggestions.
- Screen Recording: Provides an option of capturing and editing the screenshots of the screen or record the screen for resolving the issue easily.
- Surveys: Helps in creating mini customer feedback surveys for SaaS companies by targeting the right audience.
- Upvote Board: Enables customers to vote on their suggestions by uploading a feedback list.
- Labels & Statistics: Various labels, statistics, and reply-to are provided to better analyze the feedback.
- Other Services: Packed with a bundle of services including split-screen, branding, cloud-based hosting, webhooks, and many more.
Verdict: Usersnap is recommended for its customer feedback collection tools, including screen recording feedback, request upvote board, etc. Various feedback analysis tools are also recommended, including labels, statistics, and reply-to.
- The free trial is available
- Basic: €9 per month
- Startup: €69 per month
- Company: €129 per month
- Premium: €249 per month.
Best for improving the moments that matter most to your customers.
InMoment is a feedback analysis tool that provides various Experience Improvement (XI) solutions, including CX strategy and design, survey & data collection, action & case management, dashboard & reporting, and many more. It is trusted by famous companies like Zoom, Reliant, DocuSign, Drager, and so on.
It brings insights of experience from customers, employees, markets, and products with the help of its Experience Clouds feature.
It provides various strategic services like journey mapping, governance, program design, survey experience optimization, segmentation, and so on.
- Experience Improvement (XI): With the help of comprehensive data, modern technology, and human experience, it improves the experience of customers, employees, markets, and products.
- Journey Mapping: Helps in predicting and planning customers’ journeys in advance.
- Survey and Feedback: Helps in drafting effective surveys with the help of proper Survey Experience Optimisation techniques.
- Voice of the Employee: VoE is used to know the employees’ perspective and make the customer experience better with improved customer retention, reduced costs, and driving revenue.
- Analysis: Various analysis is present for better delivery of services, including True Driver Analysis, Financial linkage analysis, predictive analysis, etc.
- Other Services: Includes a bundle of powerful services like dynamic action planning, leadership development programs, integrations, data management, and so on.
Verdict: InMoment is best for its Experience Improvement services provided in the Experience Intelligence™ (XI) Platform. It includes services like data exploration, reporting & dashboards, action planning, case management, and so on. Some users advised improvement in its customizations as it sometimes gets a little tricky.
Pricing: Contact for pricing.
Best for feedback collection tools and integrating customer insights.
SatisMeter is a software that includes customer feedback collection tools and is trusted by more than 350 SaaS companies globally including Calendly, Hunter, Planable, and many more. It was founded in 2015 with a mission to help its users in understanding their customers to improve their products and services.
It is a simple interface that takes hardly 5 minutes of its set up and does not require any maintenance. This includes a variety of surveys like the Net Promoter Score Survey, customer satisfaction survey, Customer Effort Score Survey, and Product Market Fit Survey.
- Surveys: Provides a variety of surveys including NPS, CSAT, CES, and PMF surveys.
- Custom Integrations: Can be integrated with tools like Slack, Intercom, Mailchimp, Salesforce, and so on.
- Templates: Customizable templates are available to quickly build surveys.
- Control: Features like survey throttling and sampling are available to control and prevent over-surveying.
- Customization: Enable you to customize the design of the survey and choose your preferred mode of delivery.
- Dashboard: Enables you to check reports through dashboards.
Verdict: SatisMeter is best for providing different surveys like NPS, CSAT, CES, and PMF surveys. It provides top-notch customer support and ensures everything is running smoothly. It needs to improve its targeting options and answer types.
- Free – The first 100 responses are free.
- Startup- $49 per month
- Growth- $99 per month
- Business- $299 per month
- Enterprise – Contact for pricing.
Best for enterprise experience management solutions and services.
Qualtrics is an experience management software that is focused on improving customer experiences. Its enterprise experience management solutions include DesignXM, CustomerXM, EmployeeXM, ProductXM, BrandXM, and other XM services.
It provides various customer service solutions, including customer care, contact center customer experience, and customer service surveys. These solutions have features like automatic feedback analysis, predictive analytics, real-time customer feedback, role and channel-based dashboards, and many more.
- Survey: Includes surveys like NPS, CSAT, CES, exit-intent, and more with several question types.
- Solutions: Includes solutions related to market research, CX professional, Human resources, digital, product management, and Customer service.
- Products: Various products are provided related to experience management like CustomerXM, EmployeeXM, BrandXM, and more.
- Templates and Graphs: Pre-built survey templates and 30 types of graphs are available.
- Review: ExpertReview feature provides real-time recommendations and help in drafting effective surveys.
- Integration: Can be integrated with other tools like Adobe, Marketo, Salesforce, etc.
Verdict: Qualtrics is recommended for its experience management solutions that help in managing experience related to customer, employee, brand, product, and design. Its report analysis and crosstab & reporting capabilities are applaudable. The process of adding contract data to directories needs improvement.
Pricing: Contact for pricing.
Best for survey and feedback widget.
UserReport is a simple interface with user feedback tools. It has been in the market for the last 10 years and is trusted by famous brands like Tripadvisor, Toyota, Aller, and many more. It includes a survey widget that is free and easy to use with features like demographics, NPS, and Google Analytics integration.
The feedback widget collects feedback and helps in building better products with features like customization, users’ votes, collecting ideas, and so on.
- Survey Widget: An easy-to-use survey widget is provided with features like NPS and Google Analytics integration.
- Feedback Widget: Customisable feedback forums with 60 languages are present to collect ideas and fix bugs.
- Dashboards: Enables you to track and analyze survey results with inbuilt reporting dashboards.
- Filters: Enables you to filter data as per your needs based on geography, user demographics, devices, etc.
- Custom Reports: Enables you to compare experiences of various segments with custom reports.
- Metrics: Different metrics related to the customer survey are available to monitor and control different aspects. Metrics like overall satisfaction score, survey performance, etc are provided.
Verdict: UserReport is best for its survey and feedback widgets that include features like NPS, Google Analytics integration, Customisable feedback forums, and so on. UserReport software is easy to set up and does not require any expertise. The survey customization options need to be improved.
Pricing: Contact for pricing.
Best for a proven survey methodology to drive measurable results.
CustomerSure is a customer feedback platform that helps in measuring and improving Net Promoter Score, CSAT, Customer Effort Score, customer loyalty, and retention. It draws actionable insights with the help of customer surveys and uses them to drive real change.
It provides a proven survey methodology to drive measurable results that involve 5 steps: create a plan, send surveys, make improvements, share insights and track NPS performance. It is a team of licensed NPS vendors with CSAT and customer feedback experts.
- Surveys: Enables sending customized surveys via different channels along with tracking, measuring, and improving customer satisfaction.
- Security: Ensures utmost security and privacy in every aspect of the software and is GDPR compliant.
- Continuous Improvement: Keeps improving the interface with real-time alerts, daily digest reports, expert advice, resolving problems, etc.
- Track Metrics: Helps in tracking important metrics like NPS, CSAT, and effort score.
- Data insights: Gets trend data and finds & fixes problems by analyzing them.
- Integration: Can be integrated with useful apps including Salesforce, Zapier, Zendesk, and more.
- Support: Provides full technical integration support.
Verdict: CustomerSure is recommended for measuring and improving Net Promoter Score, CSAT & Customer Effort Score. It also enables you to check the NPS score history of the customers. There is a downside that small businesses can not use it as the pricing is a bit expensive.
- CX starter- €199 per month
- CX Pro- €499 per month
- CX Pro Plus- €1,299 per month
- CX Enterprise- €2,499 per month.
Best for micro surveys for SaaS.
Refiner is a customer feedback management tool for SaaS. Effective surveys help in understanding the customers. It covers all popular surveys including NPS, CSAT, CES, and PMF. Insights collected through survey campaigns are used to improve the customer experience.
It includes a bundle of powerful features like a full white-label, liquid tags, logic jumps & branching, precise targeting, fully translatable, and many more.
- In-app Surveys: A personalized in-app survey widget is available with features like pixel-perfect design, follow-up mode, etc.
- User research for SaaS: Provides qualitative and quantitative research for SaaS teams with features like quick validation, continuous research, dashboards, etc.
- Templates: Ready-to-use survey templates are available with advanced customization options.
- Links: Enables you to connect with customers by generating and sharing survey links anywhere.
- Dashboard: Helps you analyze the survey data easily with the help of dashboards.
- Integration: Enables you to share survey responses to your other tools like Google Sheets, Zapier, Salesforce, etc.
- Security: Ensures security with GDPR and CCPA compliant certification.
Verdict: Refiner is best for its customizable and easy micro survey creation including NPS, CSAT, CES, and PMF. It has a centralized feedback management system. The downside is that it lacks sentiment analysis and needs improvements in analysis dashboards.
- A 14-day free trial is available.
- Essentials- $79 per month
- Growth- $199 per month
- Enterprise – Contact for pricing.
The best for industry-leading AI with 30+ digital channels.
Sprinklr is a customer experience management software trusted by famous brands like Microsoft, Loreal, CISCO, Prada, McDonald’s, Honda, Samsung, and many more. It helps in understanding the customer’s data by turning them into actionable insights to improve the customer experience at scale.
It includes four powerful product suits: Modern Research, modern care, modern marketing & advertising, and social engagement & sales.
- Real-time Customer Insights: Transforms customer data into real-time customer insights that can be shared in any format across the organization.
- Channels: Manages 30+ digital channels in providing customer service experience.
- Customer Experience: Creates seamless omnichannel customer experience by giving access to data, insights, and features.
- Conversational AI bots: Automate routine inquiries with conversational AI bots.
Verdict: Sprinklr is best for its unified customer experience management services including 30+ digital channels support, spotlighting customer intent, and more. You can easily work on multiple cases simultaneously and automate triggers to send surveys at the right time. UI and analytics need improvement.
- A 30-day free trial is available.
- Contact for pricing.
From our research, we concluded how customer feedback software helps businesses in understanding their customers and to improve their experiences.
It comes with great features like feedback forms, survey templates, different types of surveys, dashboards, analytics, automation, free customer feedback tools, a customer feedback management system, and so on. Each software serves the same ultimate purpose of getting feedback from customers with additional features.
Some are good at providing solutions for SaaS like- Usersnap, SatisMeter, Refiner, etc. Some focus on improving customer experience, like- Mopinion, Feedier, and more.
In this way, they are beneficial for any business in getting higher returns by managing customer services.
Our Review Process:
- Time is taken to research this article: We spent 33 hours researching and writing this article so you can get a useful summarized list of tools with a comparison of each for your quick review.
- Total tools researched online: 20
- Top tools shortlisted for review: 14