List and comparison of the Best Free Email Service Providers in 2019:
In today's technological world, email is the most common way of communication, whether it is for business or personal use.
There are several email service providers in the market with their own unique capabilities. This article will, in turn, help you to choose the best email provider.
There are two types of email services, i.e. Email clients and Webmail.
The email client is an application for the desktop and it allows you to configure single or multiple email addresses. You can compose, send, receive, and read emails from these applications. Example for the Email client is Microsoft Outlook.
Webmail is a web application for accessing the emails. It is accessed through browsers. Examples for webmail include Gmail and Yahoo.
In this article, we will discuss a list of top email providers in detail along with their pros and cons.
While selecting an email service provider you should look for storage, user-friendliness, spam filters, and mobile access.
If you want the email clients for business use, then you should look for the features like storage provided, maximum attachment size allowed, security options provided, archiving capabilities, and few other advanced features like task scheduling, and cost.
If you are looking for email service for personal use, then you should look for features like good spam blocking capabilities, virus protection, storage, and ease of use.
How to select Premium email service provider?
While selecting a premium email service provider, you should look for features like huge attachments, storage, file recovery options, collaboration options, task management, multi-user support, and custom domains.
Generally, these premium services cost from $6 to $30. Price varies depending on the features offered.
=> Contact us to suggest your listing here.
What You Will Learn:
Comparison of the Best Email Providers
|Email Provider||Mailbox storage||No. of Supported languages||Supports use of own domain||Best For|
|Gmail||15 GB||71||Yes||It is best as an overall email provider.|
|Outlook||15 GB||106||Yes||Multiple app integrations|
|Yahoo Mail||1 TB||27||-||Spam Blocking|
|Zoho mail||Lite: 5GB|
|AOL mail||--||54||-||Unlimited storage|
List of The Most Popular Email Service Providers in 2019
Given below is a complete list of the most popular free email service providers in the market.
There are three plans for G Suite – Basic ($5 per user/month), Business ($10 per user/month), and Enterprise ($25 per user/month). Depending on the plan you choose, you will get more storage, support, and access to applications.
Gmail is an email service provided by Google.
It is accessible through web and using third-party programs. It can be accessed on iOS and Android mobile devices. It allows you to share up to 25 MB through emails. Files greater than 25 MB can also be shared through Google Drive.
Gmail is used for personal as well as business communications.
- It is accessible from any device.
- Undo Send for emails.
- Email forwarding.
- Powerful search.
- Provides security with two-step verification.
- Supports many keyboard shortcuts.
- You can use it in offline mode as well.
- At times it gets slow in loading.
- Managing different folders and labels is a little bit confusing.
Email address format: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
Price: It is free to use. Outlook Premium has two plans. One is Office 365 Home with Outlook Premium, which is available for $99.99 per year. Another one is Office 365 Personal with Outlook Premium, which is available at $69.99 per year.
Outlook provides easy to use interface.
Through Outlook, Microsoft provides the web-based suite of different tools. By just right clicking the mail, Outlook will give you the option to move, delete, etc., along with several other options.
- If you have deleted the message by mistake, Outlook will allow you to recover it.
- It supports many add-ins.
- By just right-clicking an email you can search the other emails from the same sender.
- It allows you to hide real email address by using different aliases.
- Automatic organization of emails.
- Mobile app for iOS and Android devices.
- With this account, it is easy to work with Skype and Outlook calendar.
- Sometimes it takes time in loading.
Email address format: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
#3) Yahoo Mail
Yahoo is a web portal and search engine. It was launched in 1994.
It provides other services like Yahoo Mail, Yahoo News, and Yahoo Groups as well. Yahoo Mail has good spam blocking capabilities. It provides a good amount of storage space i.e. One TB.
- Good Spam filters.
- Finding images, videos, and documents which are sent or received as an attachment is easier.
- It allows you to search key information from your inbox.
- It allows you to create 500 disposable addresses without containing your personal data.
- Importing contacts from a file, Facebook, Google or Outlook account.
- It allows you to connect external email accounts to Yahoo mail.
- Blocking senders.
- Easy to use Yahoo Calendar.
- If compared with others it has fewer filters or rules.
- To attach a file, it should be available locally on your device. It doesn’t support attachment of online files.
- It has Inbox ads.
Email address format: email@example.com
Website: Yahoo mail
#4) Zoho Mail
Price: It is free for a maximum of 5 users. There are three plans i.e. Mail Lite ($1/user per month with 5GB/user), Standard ($3/User per month with 30 GB), and Professional ($6/user per month with 100GB).
Zoho Mail is good for small businesses or home-based businesses.
You can use Zoho for business as well as personal communications. With Zoho migration tool, it offers a facility to easily migrate from G suite and Office 365 to Zoho mail. It can easily connect with the other Zoho apps.
- It has an expense tracker.
- It allows you to tag people and share folders with them.
- It allows you to create your own rules for managing incoming rules.
- Advanced searches.
- Deleting and archiving email in bulk.
- By just right clicking the email, you can search the other emails from the same sender.
- It is ad-free.
- It is accessible from Android and iOS devices.
- Simple and clean design.
- More than 50 keyboard shortcuts.
- No facility to import contacts from social media.
- It is made for small businesses
Email address format: firstname.lastname@example.org
Website: Zoho mail
#5) AOL Mail
This mail service is provided by AOL. In 2015, Verizon acquired AOL. AOL Mail is also called as AIM Mail. It is a free email provider. It provides many themes to choose. It allows you to import contacts in CSV, Txt, and LDIF format.
- It allows you to undo the sent email. You can do this for the emails which are sent to other AOL addresses.
- You can customize several settings.
- It provides virus protection.
- It offers an in-browser sound alert.
- Spell-check provided.
- Many Ads.
- You can attach files which are stored locally. It doesn’t support attaching a file from online storage.
Email address format: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
Website: AOL mail
It is a free email service, which will let you select the domain name from a big list. It provides features like Virus protection and Spam Blocker. Mail collector feature gives more flexibility to its users.
- It offers unlimited storage.
- It allows you to select a custom domain name from a list of 200 names.
- It provides online storage.
- Mail Collector feature allows you to collect emails from other accounts.
- Facebook integration.
- Import and export of data in ics and CVS formats.
- Mobile apps for iOS and Android devices.
- No two-factor authentication provided.
Email address format: It will allow you to select the custom domain from a big list.
Price: It has a free plan along with three other plans. Plus ($5.66/month), Professional ($9/month), and Visionary ($34/month).
ProtonMail was launched in 2014. This mail service can be used by small and large enterprises. ProtonMail is best known for its email encryption. It is a simple mailing service with some advanced features like encryption and email expiration.
- It provides end-to-end encryption.
- It allows you to set the expiry date for email.
- It offers many features like an autoresponder, email filters, and multi-user support with paid plans.
- Mobile app for iOS and Android devices are available.
- It provides more security through encryption.
- It provides limited storage and support with the free plan.
- No email encryption with a free account.
Email address format: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
#8) GMX Mail
GMX is a free email provider. It can be used for personal as well as professional use. It provides really good file sharing capabilities. With GMX, you can select the duration for which you want to store your messages.
- Spam filtering.
- It allows you to attach the file of size 50 MB. Some of the top email providers like Gmail and Outlook allow attachment to a maximum of 25 MB.
- Multiple email account management.
- You can attach a file from online storage.
- It provides a free online calendar.
- Direct support from the company is provided for any query.
- Free online storage of 2 GB is provided.
- No two-factor authentication is provided. This means that there is a chance that your email account can get accessed from an unauthorized device.
Email address format: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Website: GMX Mail
#9) iCloud Mail
iCloud is the best email service provider for Mac users. It was launched in 2011. It provides good cloud storage capacity and file sharing capability. It is easy to set up and unsubscribe email.
- It provides cloud storage for documents, photos, and music.
- It allows you to download these files on iOS, Mac, and Windows devices.
- Easy access to many products or services like Pages, Numbers, and Keynote.
- It allows you to share files up to 5 GB.
- Free online storage of 5GB.
- Keyboard shortcuts are supported.
- It can be used only with Apple devices.
Email address format: email@example.com
Website: iCloud Mail
#10) Yandex. Mail
Yandex is a popular search engine in Russia. Yandex email services were launched in 2001. It provides good security options. With email service, it has several other features like timer, customizable interface, and access to other Yandex services.
- Protection against Spam and fraud.
- It provides 10GB cloud storage.
- Smart filtering of emails which means, emails coming from real people are highlighted.
- It provides a built-in anti-virus.
- It allows you to create tasks and task lists.
- It allows logging into the app with PIN or fingerprint.
- It provides a built-in translator.
Email address format: firstname.lastname@example.org
Website: Yandex. M
This is all about the best email service providers. Top email providers which are free include Gmail, Yahoo, Outlook, AOL, Zoho, Mail.Com, and ProtonMail.
Email providers which are more secure than the others are ProtonMail, CounterMail, Hushmail, and Tutanota. Some webmail clients which provide paid services include Zoho, Gmail, Hushmail, and ProtonMail.
Gmail is the overall best email service. Outlook is good for multiple app integrations. Yahoo has good spam blocking capabilities. Zoho Mail is the best option for home businesses. AOL provides unlimited storage.
GMX is good for file sharing capabilities. ProtonMail provides good email encryption feature with an expiry date. Mail.com allows you to select domain from a list of 200. For Apple device users, iCloud Mail is the best option.
Hope this informative article would have enriched your knowledge on various Email Providers in the market!!
=> Contact us to suggest your listing here