List and comparison of the Best Free Email Service Providers of 2023:
In today’s technological world, email is the most common way of communication, whether it is for business or personal use.
There are several email service providers in the market with their own unique capabilities. This article will, in turn, help you choose the best email provider.
There are two types of email services, i.e. Email clients and Webmail.
The email client is an application for the desktop and it allows you to configure single or multiple email addresses. You can compose, send, receive, and read emails from these applications. An example of an email client is Microsoft Outlook.
Webmail is a web application for accessing emails. It can be accessed through browsers. Examples of webmail include Gmail and Yahoo.
In this article, we will discuss a list of top email providers in detail along with their pros and cons.
While selecting an email service provider, look for storage, user-friendliness, spam filters, and mobile access.
If you want to email clients for business use, then you should look for features like storage provided, maximum attachment size allowed, security options provided, archiving capabilities, and a few other advanced features like task scheduling and cost.
If you are looking for an email service for personal use, then you should look for features like good spam blocking capabilities, virus protection, storage, and ease of use.
How do I select a Premium email service provider?
When selecting a premium email service provider, look for features like huge attachments, storage, file recovery options, collaboration options, task management, multi-user support, and custom domains.
Generally, these premium services cost from $6 to $30. Prices vary depending on the features offered.
Are you looking for the BEST Email Marketing Services? Get a detailed comparison report by filling out this questionnaire:
What You Will Learn:
- List of the Most Popular Email Service Providers
List of the Most Popular Email Service Providers
Given below is a complete list of the most popular free email service providers in the market.
Comparison of the Best Email Providers
|Email Provider||Mailbox storage||No. of Supported languages||Supports use of own domain||Best For|
|Gmail||15 GB||71||Yes||It is best as an overall email provider.|
|Titan||50 GB||22||Yes||It is best as a business email service provider.|
|Constant Contact||--||11||Yes||Email Marketing Automation|
|Aweber||NA||19||Yes||All types of businesses and digital marketing agencies|
|Outlook||15 GB||106||Yes||Multiple app integrations|
|Yahoo Mail||1 TB||27||-||Spam Blocking|
|Zoho mail||Lite: 5GB|
|AOL mail||--||54||-||Unlimited storage|
There are three plans for G Suite - Basic ($5 per user/month), Business ($10 per user/month), and Enterprise ($25 per user/month). Depending on the plan you choose, you will get more storage, support, and access to applications.
Gmail is an email service provided by Google.
It is accessible through the web and using third-party programs. It can be accessed on iOS and Android mobile devices. It allows you to share up to 25 MB through email. Files greater than 25 MB can also be shared through Google Drive.
Gmail is used for personal as well as business communications.
- It is accessible from any device.
- Undo Send for emails.
- Email forwarding.
- Powerful search.
- Provides security with two-step verification.
- Supports many keyboard shortcuts.
- You can use it in offline mode as well.
- At times it gets slow when loading.
- Managing different folders and labels is a little bit confusing.
Email address format: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
Price: Business pro at $2 per month & Business premium at $2.45 per month.
Titan is available through leading web-presence providers like WordPress.com, Hostinger, and Name.com. It comes with 50 GB Storage.
Titan’s business email suite has features that help small businesses grow their business by offering email at their domain, a shareable calendar, and ample storage. It is the highest-rated email product on G2 with a rating of 4.8 and ranks in the top 5 platforms for business email.
- Email Templates to save and re-use commonly sent emails.
- Schedule Send, which allows users to compose an email and schedule it to be sent at an optimal time.
- Read Receipts that notify users when their sent email has been opened.
- Follow-up Reminders can be set to nudge the user to follow up in case of no reply.
- It’s a cost-effective email solution.
- Users get an email that matches their business domain.
- Multi-account support allows you to access all your accounts in a single view.
- Easy to import existing emails and contacts from other platforms.
- Accessible on mobile devices.
- Does not provide email marketing services.
#3) Constant Contact
Price: Constant Contact charges its users based on how many contacts they want to accommodate. As such, there are two plans with the ‘Core’ plan starting at $9.99/month.
The are relatively more expensive ‘Plus’ plan starts at $45/month and includes all features of the Core plan alongside some advanced offerings. A 60-day free trial is also available.
Constant Contact is an email service provider for those who wish to leverage emails to launch marketing campaigns that drive business growth. With hundreds of pre-designed templates and a drag-and-drop system to boast, this platform provides users with the easiest way to create, send and organize their email marketing campaigns.
The platform also excels with regard to both automation and segmentation. Constant Contact will automatically segment your contact list based on various factors. This segmentation then helps the platform automatically send the right email to the right individual… one who is most likely to resonate with the message within.
- Hundreds of pre-designed email templates to choose from.
- Drag-and-drop email builder
- Automate email marketing campaign
- Segments contact list
- Allows to easily upload contact list from external platforms like Excel, Salesforce, etc.
- Track performance of launched email campaigns in real-time.
- No free plan.
Email address format: --
Price: It has a Marketing Hub plan that has three editions, Starter (which starts at $40 per month), Professional (which starts at $800 per month), and Enterprise (which starts at $3200 per month). Free marketing tools are also available.
HubSpot has email marketing software to create, personalize, and optimize marketing emails. It will let you customize the layout, add calls to action, and add images with the help of an easy-to-use drag-and-drop editor.
You can optimize email campaigns with A/B tests and analytics. It has features like A/B tests that will help you learn about the subject lines that get the most opens.
- Quick drafting of email campaigns.
- You will be able to create campaigns that look professionally designed and can be seen on any device.
- It has an easy to use drag-and-drop editor.
- This will allow you to personalize the emails and schedule the email campaign.
- It provides detailed engagement analytics.
- It doesn’t provide just an email service but an email marketing software and hence the expensive option as compared to others in this list.
Email Address format: --
Price: Sendinblue offers a free plan. There are three more plans, Lite (Starts at $25 per month), Premium (Starts at $65 per month), and Enterprise (Get a quote). You can sign up for free. With a free plan, you can send 300 emails per day.
Sendinblue offers the tools for all your digital marketing needs. It contains the functionalities for email marketing. You will be able to design your email. It will be easier to create a professional-looking email.
You can design the email from scratch or can use a template. It optimizes the send time by using machine learning. These features will send your email at the perfect time.
- Sendinblue supports 6 languages and a good plug here in Pros is that we offer a Shared Inbox feature that allows people to sync their Inbox emails with any major email provider.
- Sendinblue provides an intuitive drag-and-drop builder and hence you can design the email that will match your brand.
- It has advanced features for email personalization that will let you personalize the email by adding the contact’s name.
- You can group the contacts from unlimited lists and contacts.
- It is expensive as compared to other tools.
Email Address format: --
Aweber allows you to create and send amazing emails, thanks to its drag-and-drop editor and pre-made template library. Aweber is also smart enough to help you create an email template from scratch automatically, based on the requirements you feed it.
You can automate the entire email marketing process and even send targeted messages by segmenting your contact list. You can schedule messages that encourage subscribers to buy more products, not abandon their cart, or explore your website. These emails will be sent automatically as per your set schedule or due to the actions taken by your subscribers on the site.
- Easy to use email builder with drag-and-drop feature
- Exhaustive library of pre-made templates.
- Over 6000 free stock images
- Send targeted messages by segmenting the email contact list
- Manage subscribers using a tag.
- The free plan allows you to send 3000 sales per month.
- Forms and landing page creation can feel cumbersome.
Price: Free plan available. The premium plan starts at $16.15 per month (billed annually).
Price: It has a free plan along with three other plans i.e. Plus ($5.66/month), Professional ($9/month), and Visionary ($34/month).
ProtonMail was launched in 2014. This mail service can be used by small and large enterprises. ProtonMail is best known for its email encryption. It is a simple mailing service with some advanced features like encryption and email expiration.
- It provides end-to-end encryption.
- It allows you to set the expiry date for email.
- It offers many features like an autoresponder, email filters, and multi-user support with paid plans.
- Mobile app for iOS and Android devices are available.
- It provides more security through encryption.
- It provides limited storage and support with the free plan.
- No email encryption with a free account.
Email address format: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Price: It is free to use. Outlook Premium has two plans. One is Office 365 Home with Outlook Premium, which is available for $99.99 per year. Another one is Office 365 Personal with Outlook Premium, which is available at $69.99 per year.
Outlook provides an easy-to-use interface.
Through Outlook, Microsoft provides a web-based suite of different tools. By right-clicking the email, Outlook will give you the option to move, delete, etc., along with several other options.
- If you have deleted the message by mistake, Outlook will allow you to recover it.
- It supports many add-ins.
- By just right-clicking an email you can search the other emails from the same sender.
- It allows you to hide real email address by using different aliases.
- Automatic organization of emails.
- Mobile app for iOS and Android devices.
- With this account, it is easy to work with Skype and Outlook calendar.
- Sometimes it takes time to load.
Email address format: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Further Reading => How to Make Signature Automatic in Outlook
#9) Yahoo Mail
Yahoo is a web portal and search engine. It was launched in 1994.
It provides other services like Yahoo Mail, Yahoo News, and Yahoo Groups as well. Yahoo Mail has good spam blocking capabilities. It provides a good amount of storage space i.e. One TB.
- Good Spam filters.
- Finding images, videos, and documents that are sent or received as an attachment is easier.
- It allows you to search key information from your inbox.
- It allows you to create 500 disposable addresses without containing your personal data.
- Importing contacts from a file, Facebook, Google or Outlook account.
- It allows you to connect external email accounts to Yahoo mail.
- Blocking senders.
- Easy to use Yahoo Calendar.
- If compared with others it has fewer filters or rules.
- To attach a file, it should be available locally on your device. It doesn’t support attachment of online files.
- It has Inbox ads.
Email address format: email@example.com
Website: Yahoo mail
#10) Zoho Mail
Price: It is free for a maximum of 5 users. There are three plans i.e. Mail Lite ($1/user per month with 5GB/user), Standard ($3/User per month with 30 GB), and Professional ($6/user per month with 100GB).
Zoho Mail is good for small businesses or home-based businesses.
You can use Zoho for business as well as personal communications. With Zoho migration tool, it offers a facility to easily migrate from G suite and Office 365 to Zoho mail. It can easily connect with the other Zoho apps.
- It has an expense tracker.
- It allows you to tag people and share folders with them.
- It allows you to create your own rules for managing incoming rules.
- Advanced searches.
- Deleting and archiving email in bulk.
- By just right clicking the email, you can search the other emails from the same sender.
- It is ad-free.
- It is accessible from Android and iOS devices.
- Simple and clean design.
- More than 50 keyboard shortcuts.
- No facility to import contacts from social media.
- It is made for small businesses
Email address format: firstname.lastname@example.org
Website: Zoho mail
#11) AOL Mail
This mail service is provided by AOL. In 2015, Verizon acquired AOL. AOL Mail is also called as AIM Mail. It is a free email provider. It provides many themes to choose. It allows you to import contacts in CSV, Txt, and LDIF format.
- It allows you to undo the sent email. You can do this for the emails which are sent to other AOL addresses.
- You can customize several settings.
- It provides virus protection.
- It offers an in-browser sound alert.
- Spell-check provided.
- Many Ads.
- You can attach files which are stored locally. It doesn’t support attaching a file from online storage.
Email address format: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
Website: AOL mail
It is a free email service, which will let you select the domain name from a big list. It provides features like Virus protection and Spam Blocker. Mail collector feature gives more flexibility to its users.
- It offers unlimited storage.
- It allows you to select a custom domain name from a list of 200 names.
- It provides online storage.
- Mail Collector feature allows you to collect emails from other accounts.
- Facebook integration.
- Import and export of data in ics and CVS formats.
- Mobile apps for iOS and Android devices.
- No two-factor authentication provided.
Email address format: It will allow you to select the custom domain from a big list.
#13) GMX Mail
GMX is a free email provider. It can be used for personal as well as professional use. It provides really good file sharing capabilities. With GMX, you can select the duration for which you want to store your messages.
- Spam filtering.
- It allows you to attach the file of size 50 MB. Some of the top email providers like Gmail and Outlook allow attachment to a maximum of 25 MB.
- Multiple email account management.
- You can attach a file from online storage.
- It provides a free online calendar.
- Direct support from the company is provided for any query.
- Free online storage of 2 GB is provided.
- No two-factor authentication is provided. This means that there is a chance that your email account can get accessed from an unauthorized device.
Email address format: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Website: GMX Mail
#14) iCloud Mail
iCloud is the best email service provider for Mac users. It was launched in 2011. It provides good cloud storage capacity and file sharing capability. It is easy to set up and unsubscribe email.
- It provides cloud storage for documents, photos, and music.
- It allows you to download these files on iOS, Mac, and Windows devices.
- Easy access to many products or services like Pages, Numbers, and Keynote.
- It allows you to share files up to 5 GB.
- Free online storage of 5GB.
- Keyboard shortcuts are supported.
- It can be used only with Apple devices.
Email address format: email@example.com
Website: iCloud Mail
#15) Yandex. Mail
Yandex is a popular search engine in Russia. Yandex email services were launched in 2001. It provides good security options. With email service, it has several other features like timer, customizable interface, and access to other Yandex services.
- Protection against Spam and fraud.
- It provides 10GB cloud storage.
- Smart filtering of emails which means, emails coming from real people are highlighted.
- It provides a built-in anti-virus.
- It allows you to create tasks and task lists.
- It allows logging into the app with PIN or fingerprint.
- It provides a built-in translator.
Email address format: firstname.lastname@example.org
Website: Yandex. M
This is all about the best email service providers. Top free providers include Gmail, Yahoo, Outlook, AOL, Zoho, Mail.Com, and ProtonMail.
Email providers that are more secure than the others are ProtonMail, CounterMail, Hushmail, and Tutanota. Some webmail clients that provide paid services include Zoho, Gmail, Hushmail, and ProtonMail.
Gmail is the overall best email service. Outlook is good for multiple app integrations. Yahoo has good spam blocking capabilities. Zoho Mail is the best option for home businesses. AOL provides unlimited storage.
Suggested reading =>> Best apps to Generate Email Signature
GMX is good for file-sharing capabilities. ProtonMail provides a good email encryption feature with an expiry date. Mail.com allows you to select a domain from a list of 200. For Apple device users, iCloud Mail is the best option.
Hope this informative article has enriched your knowledge of various email providers in the market!!
=> Contact us to suggest a listing here.