A Brief Introduction to the Best Email Tracker in 2020:
Email tracking is generally required or used for the follow-up process. The Email tracking Software is of immense use when emails are sent in bulk.
What does email tracking tell us? Which factors will you get to know by tracking an email?
Let’s explore the answers to these questions as we proceed with this article.
Below is the list to answer the above questions:
- Who has opened the email?
- When was it opened?
- From where was it opened? You will get to know about the location.
- How many times was the email opened?
- From which device was the email opened?
- Which links were opened from the email?
- Which attachments were opened?
By tracking an email you can be sure that the emails are getting delivered in the inbox and not in the Spam folder. Also, you will get to know that the emails are not getting blocked.
What You Will Learn:
- Who uses Email Tracking System?
- List Of The Most Popular Email Trackers in 2020
Who uses Email Tracking System?
The system is most beneficial for:
- Customer Support, and
- Sales Professionals
How does the email tracking system work?
Every email tracking tool inserts a very small image like 1*1 in dimension in an email. When the email containing this tracking pixel image is opened, you will get notified automatically.
Limitations of these trackers
Enlisted below are the various limitations:
- It will not work if the email receiver is using Ad block.
- If ‘Ask before displaying external images’ option is enabled.
- Some security system can prevent these images from loading.
All these options prevent the tracking pixel image from loading and because of which you won’t get a notification.
Email Tracker for Gmail Users
Email Tracker for Outlook Users
List Of The Most Popular Email Trackers in 2020
Given below is the list of the best Email Tracking an Monitoring Software that are available in the market.
Comparison Of The Top Email Tracking Software
|Tool Name||Email Service||Devices||Price||Installation or Access|
|HubSpot||Gmail & Outlook, Other email clients||iOS & Android||You can install it for free. |
Starter plan: $50 per user/month
|MailTrack||Gmail||Android (Paid feature)||Free for an unlimited number of emails. Monthly: $4.99/month|
|Browser extension. Chrome, Firefox, Opera, & Microsoft Edge.|
|Yesware||Gmail & Outlook||Android devices. App for Office 365.||Pro: $12 per user/month|
Premium: $25 per user/month
Enterprise: $55 per user/month.
Free trial available.
|Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox extension|
|Boomerang||Gmail||iOS & Android||30 days trial for Boomerang Professional|
Personal: $4.99 per month
Pro: $14.99 per month, Premium: $49.99 per month.
|Bananatag||Gmail & Outlook, Other email clients||iOS & Android devices||Free for 5 emails per day. Pro: $10/month |
Teams: $20/month. Paid annually.
HubSpot Pricing: There is a free plan as well along with the paid plans. The paid plans include Starter ($50 per month), Professional ($400 per month), and Enterprise ($1200 per month).
Best For: It is a sales software. For email tracking, the system works for Gmail, Outlook, G Suite, and Office 365.
- The system will give you real-time notifications when an email gets opened.
- It provides the lead person’s history. You will get to know about which links, documents, and emails are opened by them.
- It is a sales software with many features like calling, meetings, documents, Salesforce integration, reporting, and many more.
Verdict: HubSpot offers Sales automation software and CRM system. HubSpot provides the feature to integrate with HubSpot CRM and HubSpot Marketing. The system is easy to use. HubSpot CRM has good reviews from the users.
Price: There is a free plan with an unlimited number of emails.
You will have to go with paid plans for more features like complete metrics for email. It offers you three plans i.e. Monthly ($4.99/month), Quarterly ($3.99/month), and Yearly ($2.49/month).
Best For: It is an email tracking system for Gmail. It can work with four popular browsers like Chrome, Firefox, Edge, and Opera.
It can work for Gmail on Android devices. But it is a paid feature.
- Simple tool. It will just show you the green ticks when the email is read by the recipient.
- It will tell you when the email was opened.
- You will also get information about the device from which the email was opened.
Verdict: Perfect tool for small businesses and freelancers. Real-time email tracking system works as expected and has really good reviews from the users.
Price: There are three plans which include- Pro ($12 per user/month), Premium ($25 per user/month), and Enterprise ($55 per user/month). A free trial is also available.
Best for: It is an email tracking system for Gmail and Outlook. It provides an app for Office 365. The system provides the best email tracking features.
- Email template creation.
- Automatic tracking of Open and reply rates.
- It has a meeting scheduler.
- It provides easy integration with Salesforce email and calendar.
- It offers you the facility to create personalized campaigns.
Verdict: With email tracking, it provides you with many other features. For email tracking as well, it provides many details like links clicks, attachment open, and presentation page views. This tool will help you in identifying the best message.
Price: Boomerang provides a basic plan which is free. There are three other plans as well. Personal ($4.99 per month), Pro ($14.99 per month), and Premium ($49.99 per month).
Best For: It is an email tracking system for Gmail. It provides an app for iOS and Android devices.
- Schedule time to send an email.
- Email reminders.
- Response tracking feature will allow in setting the time. When there is no response within a specific time interval, then the system will give you a reminder.
- Salesforce or CRM integration with Premium plans
Apart from the above list, it includes several other features as well.
Verdict: The Free plan is with a good number of features but is limited to the number of emails. It provides iOS and Android apps with a free plan as well. This plan is much good to try the system. Boomerang has an assistant to help you to create actionable emails in real time.
Price: It is free for 5 emails/day. There are monthly and yearly plans too.
Monthly plans: Pro ($12.50/month) and Teams ($25.50/month). Yearly plans: Pro ($10/month) and Teams ($20/month), paid annually.
Best For: It is an email tracking system for Gmail and Outlook. It can track email on iOS, Android, Mac Mail, and Outlook for Mac.
- Email Tracking.
- It allows you to schedule time for sending emails.
- It provides email templates.
- You can track attachments also.
- It provides you analytics and reports as shown in the below image:
Verdict: This system supports many email clients.
Price: You can install it for free.
There are four plans, i.e. Starter ($9 per user/month), Small Business ($24 per user/month), Growth ($49 per user/month), and Enterprise (Custom pricing). These are the prices if you are billed annually. Monthly plans are also available.
Best For: This system works for Gmail, Google Inbox, Google Calendar, Salesforce, and Pipedrive.
- It can automatically track all the new emails if you have selected the option.
- Meeting Scheduling with only one email.
- It provides templates to create an email.
- You can schedule a time to send an email later.
- For group emails as well, the system will show who has opened the email as shown in the below image:
Verdict: System is rich in features. It provides many features like custom branding, Undoing send, and Surveys apart from email tracking.
Price: Free trial is available for 14 days.
It has three plans, i.e. Individual ($50 for contacting 200 people. This is for one user.), Business ($200 for 3 licenses, $300 for 5 licenses, & $500 for 10 licenses. All these are per month rates.) and Market Leader (Contact company).
Best For: This system is best for Gmail. It provides a plugin for Gmail. This system can be used for Inbound Sales, Outbound Sales, Account-based Sales, HR & Recruiting, Business development, PR & Link-building.
- Email sorting feature uses AI technology.
- It provides many collaboration features like workload management in the team, accounts based selling, campaigns and prospects.
- It provides in-depth campaign statistics.
- Along with email tracking, it provides many features like contact management, direct calls, email validation, and CRM integration.
Price: Contact the company for pricing details.
Best For: The system is best for sales teams. The system provides two-way integration with Salesforce. Keeping with the Gmail account, the system will also allow you to be updated with the Salesforce records.
- It provides account-based sales features.
- It offers actionable analytics.
- It includes insights for sales teams, from which you will be aware of the time spent on demos or support calls by the team.
- You can sync the email and calendar along with the system.
Verdict: It helps in tracking the result and also in making the data-driven decisions. It provides seamless integration for Gmail and Salesforce. The system is easy to use as well.
Price: Contact the company for pricing details.
Best For: The system is for tracking email campaigns, individual emails, newsletters, and digital mailings. This system is for knowing the website and email behavior.
- Automatic capture of visitor information.
- Setting alarms using Smart Lists.
- Use of big data technology for filters.
- Customize Lead score.
Verdict: System can be integrated with several popular software.
Price: Contact them for the pricing details.
Best For: Outreach is a sales engagement platform. It works with Gmail, Outlook, Exchange, and Salesforce. In addition to this integration, the system can be integrated with many popular software. It is best for any sized company.
- Sequencing of emails and calls.
- Integration with Salesforce and inbox.
- Data management.
Verdict: It is a powerful and easy to use sales engagement platform. It has good reviews for email sequencing feature.
SalesHandy Pricing: There is a free plan which will allow you to track an unlimited number of emails. Three more plans are available, i.e. Regular ($7 per user per month), Plus ($16 per user per month), and Enterprise ($40 per user per month).
Best For: SalesHandy provides email tracking for Gmail and Outlook. It provides an app for Office 365. It can be used on Android devices. The system is best for Sales professionals, Marketers, HR Recruiters, Bloggers, Realtors, and Freelancers.
- Attachment Tracking.
- Automated Email follow-ups.
- Email Scheduling.
- Notification when emails get opened.
- It allows you to personalize the email campaigns.
Verdict: System provides integration with G suite. SMTP integration is provided with paid plans.
These Email monitoring tools are beneficial for the follow-up processes. Almost all the top Email Tracking Software work with Gmail.
Some of the Email Tracker that work for Outlook are SalesHandy, Outreach, and HubSpot Sales.
So far, we have seen why email tracking is important, to whom it benefits the most, how the email tracking system works, along with the limitations of the email tracking system.
MailTrack, Bananatag, Boomerang, SalesHandy, and HubSpot Sales offers a free plan. Some provide for an unlimited number of emails and some for a limited number of emails. All these have paid plans too.
Overall we recommend HubSpot Sales for the best email tracking features!
Hope you would have picked an apt Email Tracking Tool for your business from the above list!!