Explore and compare the top Screen Sharing Software. You can select the best software to share your desktop during web conferencing:
Screen sharing, also known as desktop sharing, refers to having access to use the same screen with other users present at different places. With screen sharing, one can give presentations or can conduct meetings and webinars without all users being present at the same place.
This software enables the users to connect with others on the same screen from anywhere and anytime. With this software, multiple users can connect simultaneously, which leads to increased engagement and enhanced collaboration.
In the current situation of the pandemic outbreak, everyone needs to work at a safer place in their home. To cope up with this problem, they can use various screen sharing software listed in this tutorial, through which they can conduct meetings, conferences, and webinars more efficiently and with ease.
What You Will Learn:
- Screen Sharing Software
- Frequently Asked Questions
- List of the Best Screen Sharing Software
Screen Sharing Software
By using this software, we can effectively preset multiple users, demonstrate, collaborate, communicate and engage with others or team members efficiently.
In the research, among all four types of conferences, desktop systems for video conferencing captured the biggest market share. Other types included telepresence systems, integrated systems, and service-based systems.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q #1) What is the best screen-sharing software?
Answer: The best screen-sharing software is one that lets you share screens with other viewers securely and easily. The five best screen sharing software are:
- Join me
Q #2) How can I share my screen for free?
Answer: There are several software whose primary feature is screen sharing. Some software provides this feature for free.
- Dead simple screen sharing
- Show My PC
Q #3) How can I share my computer screen?
Answer: You can share your computer screen with the desired participants. All you have to do is follow the instructions in the software.
Different software has different ways to start a screen share. Like in Join me software, you can start sharing your screen simply by pressing the broadcast button. To pause the screen sharing again, press the broadcast button. Before sharing the screen, just keep in mind to close any irrelevant application.
Q #4) Is Zoom screen sharing free?
Answer: Yes, Zoom provides its basic plan free of cost wherein you can enjoy a screen sharing facility through video conferencing. In this plan, you can conduct meetings for up to 40 minutes for free up to 100 participants. For one-on-one meetings, there is no time limit. For over 100 participants and more time, you need to upgrade your plan.
Q #5) Can you screen share on a free conference call?
Answer: Yes, you can screen share on Free Conference Call. It is a basic feature of this software to share screens via video conferencing. FreeConferenceCall.com provides the users with a fully secured and free facility of audio and video conferencing. It allows you to share your screen from anywhere with anyone.
Q #6) Can you share your phone screen?
Answer: Yes, you can share your phone screen. It depends on the software you are using. Like TeamViewer is Android and iOS supported. In this software, you can simply share your screen after installing it. There are a good deal of software with screen sharing a feature. But some are not Android or iOS supported.
List of the Best Screen Sharing Software
Here is the list of popular software for screen sharing below:
- Zoho Meeting
- Join me
- RingCentral Video
- Dead Simple Screen Sharing
- Show My PC
Comparison of the Top Tools For Desktop Sharing
|Zoho Meeting||Audio and video conferencing||Web, iPhone, Android||Cloud and Mobile||Between $1/month and $19/month. A free plan also available.|
|Zoom||Media sharing, video system interoperability, screen sharing, and more.||Android, iPhone/iPad, Mac||Cloud Hosted, Open API||Between $14.99-19.99 per month|
|Skype||Audio and video conferencing.||Windows, Android, iPhone/iPad, Mac||Cloud Hosted||Between $2.99-13.99 per month|
|GoToMeeting||Video conferencing and screen sharing.||Windows, iPhone/iPad, Mac||Cloud Hosted||Between $12-16 per month|
|Join me||Screen sharing & video conferencing.||Windows, Android, iPhone/iPad, Mac||Cloud Hosted||Between $24-39 per month|
|Screenleap||Sharing screen for collaboration||Mac, Windows, Android, iPhone, iPad||Cloud, SaaS, Web-Based,||Between $15-39 per month|
Let us review the above-listed software:
#1) Zoho Meeting
Best for Audio and video conferencing.
Zoho Meeting gives you a secure web platform that’s ideal for both audio and video conferencing. What makes the software great for remote team collaborations is, of course, its screen-sharing capabilities. You can use the tool to share documents and presentations with team members. You can also collaborate with your team members online with the help of interactive whiteboards.
- Web Meeting Moderation
- Record and Share Meetings
- Broadcast Video Meetings
- Customizable emails and forms
Verdict: Zoho Meeting is a simple, secure, and effective web meeting platform that can be used for business video and audio conferencing. Sharing documents, presentations, and other forms of files in real-time during a conference is very simple via this tool. As such, it has our highest recommendation.
Price: There are multiple pricing plans available
- The free forever plan can accommodate up to 100 participants
- Meeting Standard Plan starts at $1/month
- Meeting Professional Plan starts at $3/month
- Webinar standard plan starts at $7.50/month
- Webinar professional plan starts at $19/month
Best for media sharing, video system interoperability, screen sharing, and more.
Zoom is a screen-sharing communication platform that connects many people with just one click and that is even free of cost. Zoom provides a free basic plan and then you need to upgrade it according to your needs.
Also Read => Using Animated Background For Zoom
- It facilitates meetings and chats by providing facilities like HD audio and video conferencing, built-in collaboration tools, recording facility, team chat, etc.
- Provides zoom conference rooms and workspaces with HD audio and video and a one-click joining and sharing facility.
- Provides zoom webinars wherein you can connect to a large audience wherein focus be on the presenter rather than on presentation.
- Enables the multi-users to share screens simultaneously.
Verdict: Zoom is recommended as it is very user-friendly software. You just need to click a link to connect to anybody and anywhere. Some users report voice distortion and missing features in mobile applications as compared to the desktop version.
- Basic: free
- Pro: $14.99 per host per month
- Business: $19.99 per host per month
- Enterprise: $19.99 per host per month
Best for audio and video conferencing.
Skype is a software through which you can connect to anybody locating anywhere in the world with just one click and that is even without any cost. As you use further, you have to subscribe with a reasonable plan. You don’t need to download or sign up. It provides HD quality video performance with minimal or no charges.
- It gives the facility of HD video and audio calling.
- You can use one Skype account on any device- phone, desktop, tablet, web, Alexa, and Xbox.
- Up to 100 people can connect at a time for audio and video conferencing.
- You can send messages and can call people who are not on Skype using Skype credit.
- Provides a one-click start with no installation or downloading of the app.
- It can connect anywhere. All you need is a good Internet connection.
Verdict: Skype is recommended as along with screen sharing you can connect people who are not on Skype. You can send text messages and can call on landline numbers by using Skype credit. Some users report connection issues as Skype works only on a good-speed Internet connection.
Further Reading => Do you know how to Share Screen on FaceTime
- Unlimited World: $13.99 per month
- Unlimited North America: $7.99 per month
- Unlimited US & Canada: $2.99 per month
Best for video conferencing and screen sharing.
GoToMeeting software helps the users by providing a fast, easy and reliable video conferencing or screen sharing facility. It connects the users to conference rooms in just one click. It also provides big webinars conducting facilities to connect large audiences.
- Provides a screen-sharing facility, along with audio and video conferencing.
- Facility to record the meeting and share afterward.
- Scheduling facility to schedule the meeting.
- One-click facility to join the meeting.
- It provides a personal meeting room that you can operate from anywhere.
Verdict: The best feature of this software is scheduling meetings that help in tracking the upcoming meetings. You can not start the meeting without the organizer is recognized as a con of this software. The presenter has to be present first to start the meeting or conference, the others can not start it.
- Professional: $12 per month
- Business: $16 per month
- Enterprise: contact for pricing.
Further Reading => Most Popular Web Conferencing Software To Look For
#5) Join me
Best for screen sharing & video conferencing.
Join me software works with the tools that help the business in integration and making the communication at work frictionless. It provides the users with the best cloud-based communication and collaboration.
- You can call from anywhere and anytime with the help of this software both free local and long-distance calling.
- You can collaborate in one click by using the feature of video conferencing.
- Provides various tools for admins for better control.
- Provides voice and call management features like call forwarding, call on hold, call routing, phone number extensions, custom messages, and greetings, etc.
Verdict: Join me is recommended because of its simple and easy system. You can easily create invites, can create meetings, etc. Some users report connection issues while using it. It does not work properly with mobile data.
- Basic: $24 per user/month
- Standard: $29 per user/month
- Premium: $39 per user/month
Website: Join me
Best for sharing the screen for collaboration.
Screenleap is software that allows you to share your screen instantly with any other device, including an impressive performance with low lags and facilitates quick, easy, and frictionless collaboration. It allows you to instantly connect with the desired person without any need of installing the software.
- Enables quick and easy screen sharing installing no software.
- Enables minimal friction sharing of control of your screen to the viewers.
- You can record and share your meetings with the tool cloud recording.
- Provides clear 2-way audio by using your computer’s speakers and microphone. No software installation is required.
Verdict: This screen-sharing software is recommended as it has reasonable pricing and provides the users a great tool with ease of use. The best thing is the applicants can join with just one click avoiding spending time on set up.
- Free: up to 8 viewers
- Basic: $15 per month up to 30 viewers
- Pro: $31 per month up to 150 viewers
- Company: $15-39 per user/month.
Best for web conferencing and remote access.
TeamViewer is a screen-sharing solution that enables users to connect anywhere and anytime with secure remote access. It connects, engages, supports, enhances, and manages the customers.
- Remote access to the users, which means you can control the devices from anywhere in the world.
- Facility of monitoring and operating the machines by connecting and providing insights into machine performance used in manufacturing.
- It provides a meeting facility. You can conduct your meeting with up to 300 participants anywhere and can handle access of your screen to anyone securely at any point in time.
- Automates processes for the frontline workforce.
Verdict: TeamViewer is best for its feature of secure remote access while sharing screens among various viewers. It comes with various other features, which makes it a complete package.
Further Reading => Do you know how to Transfer Apps from Android to Android
- Business: $50.90 per month for a single user
- Premium: $102.90 per month for multiple users
- Corporate: $206.90 per month for the team.
Best for high-quality audio and video conferencing.
FreeConferenceCall.com provides users with a fully secured and free facility of audio and video conferencing. It allows sharing your screen from anywhere with anyone.
- Provide free high-quality audio and video conferencing facilities.
- Share your screen from anywhere with anyone.
- Free access to record calls for using them later.
- They have a very innovative pricing approach. They allow you to pay what you think is fair.
- Not only domestically but can use this software internationally with a secure platform.
Verdict: This software is recommended as it provides audio, video conferencing, and screen sharing for free. You can yourself decide what amount you should pay for the facility.
- Suggested amount: $4 per month
- Average amount: $6 per month
- Market rate: $15 per month.
Best for online presentations and product demonstrations.
Mikogo helps in sharing the screen with other viewers and provides high-quality audio and video conferencing facilities without any need for downloading apps. You can connect via the web with just one click.
- Provides a screen-sharing facility without downloads.
- Provides high-quality audio and web conferencing facilities.
- You can create your account on this software with no charges.
- It facilitates schedule management within the software.
Verdict: Mikogo is recommended for its features like no downloads, free account, remote support, and ease of use. It is not very expensive either.
- Standard: $14 per month
- Professional: $16 per month
- Team: $48 per month
#10) RingCentral Video
Best for call management and video conferencing.
RingCentral video is a screen sharing software built for every industry. It is a reliable and secured global platform. It can integrate with hundreds of apps to work solely on one platform.
Further Reading => A Comparative Study of RingCentral Vs Zoom
- Provides messaging facilities designed for teamwork.
- Provides a video conferencing facility wherein you can conduct video meetings.
- Provides a call management facility. You can manage calls and texts from any device.
- It integrates with many apps like google 365, google workspace, etc.
- Enables easy team management by providing a centralized admin portal.
Verdict: RingCentral is recommended for its feature of audio and video conferencing. The best part is that it is beneficial for every industry, like healthcare, retail, education, government, nonprofits, etc.
- Essentials: $19.99 per user per month
- Standard: $27.99 per user per month
- Premium: $34.99 per user per month
- Ultimate: $49.99 per user per month
- additional cost for top-ups ranges between $0.007 – 49.
Website: RingCentral Video
#11) Dead Simple Screen Sharing
Best for screen sharing and web conferencing.
Dead Simple Screen Sharing is a simple software as the name suggests. It can get started in just three simple steps. It provides all its facilities free of cost to all users.
- It is a three-step process:
- Click on the screen share button
- Download extension
- Select the screen you want to share.
- It is a multi-user share software wherein multiple users share their screens simultaneously.
- It provides facilities for chats, audio and video conferencing.
- It can integrate with other apps also like slack, rocket. chat, Gmail, Outlook, and Google calendar.
Verdict: Dead Simple Screen Sharing is recommended as it is reasonable in terms of pricing and very easy to use as you can start it within just three steps.
- Basic plan – free $0/month.
- Pro plan – $9 per month.
Website: Dead Simple Screen Sharing
#12) Show My PC
Best for screen sharing, collaboration, communication, and meetings.
Show My PC is a simple, accessible, and secure screen sharing software. The user can access and manage multiple PCs from anywhere. It is available on all platforms like Android, Mac, Windows, etc. We can call it a screen sharing Mac or screen sharing Android.
Suggested Read => Easy Guide To Delete Your Skype Account
- It is easy to use this software without downloading any app.
- Provides screen sharing facility with audio and video conferencing.
- You can access PCs from anywhere with P2P and RDP support.
- It provides workplace collaboration tools.
Verdict: Show My PC is an easily accessible, simple, and secured software. The best feature of this software is its ease of use. Some users report connection issues when several devices are connected simultaneously.
- Premium: $14 per month
- Professional: $19 per month
- Business: $36 per month
- Enterprise: $60 per month
Website: Show My PC
In the research on screen sharing software, we concluded that in this pandemic situation we can use screen sharing software and can stay safe and work simultaneously as it lets you communicate via audio and video conferencing or meeting and lets you share your screen securely with remote access.
Some software offers a free basic plan wherein you don’t need to pay for basic facilities. After that, if you want to upgrade, then you need to pay further.
All the above software offers a screen-sharing facility. Along with this various other facilities, including audio conferencing, video conferencing, remote access, webinars, one-click facility, etc are provided in some above-mentioned software.
For screen sharing, you can opt from among all software listed as this feature is common. For remote access, you can go with TeamViewer. Concerning web conferencing, you can opt from Dead Simple Screen Sharing, TeamViewer, and Zoom.
For audio and video conferencing you can choose from GoToMeeting, Join Me, Zoom, Skype, FreeConferenceCall.com, and Mikogo. Toward call management, we have RingCentral Video. For sharing screens for collaboration, you can opt from Show My PC and Screenleap.
Deciding among various available screen-sharing software requires focus on the needs, the number of participants, and the budget you have. As every software offers unique plans for different facilities for several numbers of participants.
Our Review Process:
This article has been researched in 47 hours with 20 tools in which the top 11 tools were shortlisted as mentioned above.