Read this review of the top VoIP Phone Services in the industry for businesses to select the best Business Phone Service for your company:
Every business needs resources to communicate within the workforce, as well as with its customers. Modern communication technology is shifting from traditional telephone services to advanced VoIP services.
VoIP, or Voice Over IP, is an Internet-based calling system. The major advantage of this system is the huge reduction in costs, which would otherwise be incurred if you had opted to call through a simple phone.
With a VoIP phone service for business, you can even make unlimited international calls at very low costs. It can also be used for connecting your workforce.
In these times of pandemics, when businesses are searching for ways to work remotely, the need for VoIP services has risen.
What You Will Learn:
- Business VoIP Phone Services Review
- Frequently Asked Questions
- List of Top Business Phone Service Providers
Business VoIP Phone Services Review
An Internet business phone service gives you toll-free local as well as international numbers and tools to make and receive calls, SMS, MMS, set up video meetings and conferences, and gives you advanced tools including call routing, call queuing, music on hold, and much more.
In this article, we will give you a list of the top best and some other notable business IP phone service providers, with their detailed reviews, to make a clear image of each one in your mind.
Facts check: According to Finances Online, the most desirable trait of the customers from a VoIP service is security, followed by reliability, price, reputation, technical maturity, and so on.
It has also been found that you can reduce up to 90% cost of international calls, 75% cut can be seen in the operational costs and so on.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q #1) What is the best phone service for business?
Answer: Nextiva offers the best phone service for small businesses. It gives you the best range of features at the most affordable prices. Plus, it is easy to use and scalable.
Apart from Nextiva, Zoom Phone, Grasshopper, RingCentral, and Vonage are some of the best business phone service providers.
Q #2) Should I use my personal phone for my business?
Answer: Using the personal phone for business can prove troublesome as, when not working, you will still receive calls all the time.
It would be better if you buy phone service. They give you separate business numbers with advanced features like call routing, call transfer, music on hold, and much more. These phone services save you from enormous phone bills and give you various tools for communication.
Q #3) Do I need an 800 number for my business?
Answer: Having an 800 toll-free number for your business makes you look professional and contributes to increasing your sales by making a way for good communication with your customers.
Q #4) What are the disadvantages of VoIP?
Answer: The main disadvantage of VoIP is that you need a proper Internet connection with this service. If your internet does not work, you can not place or receive calls. Plus, a poor Internet connection can affect the call quality.
But, keeping this drawback aside, we would find that this system has a huge number of plus points that make it a highly recommended system for your business.
Q #5) What companies use VoIP?
Answer: Any company or business can use VoIP services to connect with their customers or to connect within the workforce while working remotely.
A VoIP service can be used for marketing and CRM purposes.
Our TOP Recommendations:
|• Unlimited Calling|
• Audio Conferencing
• Call recording
|• Toll-Free number|
• Contact Management
• Call Routing
|• Video Conference|
• Caller ID
• Call Forwarding
|• Call Recording
|Price: Starts $19.99 monthly|
Trial version: 15 days
|Price: $19.95 monthly|
Trial version: 30 days
|Price: $19.99 monthly|
Trial version: NA
|Price: Starts at $15 monthly
Trial version: 30 days
|Visit Site >>||Visit Site >>||Visit Site >>||Visit Site >>|
List of Top Business Phone Service Providers
Here is a list of some well-known Internet business phone services:
- Zoom Phone
Comparing the Best Business Phone Services
|Tool Name||Best for||Price||Free Trial||Deployment|
|RingCentral||A complete phone system||Starts at $29.99 per month||Available||On Cloud, SaaS, Web, Mac/Windows/Linux desktop, Android/iPhone mobile, iPad|
|Ooma||Best VoIP for business and home||$19.95 monthly/per user||30-days||Cloud, Web, Desktop, iOs and Android apps|
|Nextiva||Small businesses||Starts at $18.95 per month per user||Available||On Cloud, SaaS, Web, Mac/Windows desktop, Android/iPhone mobile, iPad|
|Grasshopper||Phone service that can be availed from your personal phone.||Starts at $29 per month||Available||On Cloud, SaaS, Web, Mac/Windows desktop, Android/iPhone mobile, iPad.|
|Vonage||Excellent call quality and simple setup||Starts at $19.99 per month||Available||On Cloud, SaaS, Web, Windows desktop|
|8x8||Seamless integration with business app and excellent voice quality.||Starts @ $15/user/month||30 days||Android, iOS, Mac, Windows, Cloud Based.|
|Zoom Phone||A feature-rich system for businesses of all sizes||Starts at $10 per user per month||Not available||On Cloud, SaaS, Web, Mac/Windows desktop, Android/iPhone mobile, iPad|
Best for being a complete phone system.
RingCentral is an Internet business phone service, which offers you local, toll-free numbers, international numbers, vanity numbers, and international toll-free numbers so that you can always be there for your customers.
- Gives toll-free numbers for your business.
- Unlimited Calling, SMS.
- Audio conferencing, video meetings, call recording, and many other useful features
- Reports based on call analytics.
- Integration with Office 365, Google Workspace, and more.
Verdict: RingCentral is a recommended phone system with a wide range of advanced tools. The unlimited calling and texting features and integration with Google Workspace and Office 365 are its plus points.
Best for being an easy-to-use VoIP phone service for small businesses.
Ooma provides business phone service VoIP by offering you features ranging from toll-free or local business phone numbers to collaboration tools, including video conferencing, and much more.
- Gives you local, toll-free numbers.
- A built-in voicemail/answer system.
- Gives you tools for call recording, call routing, and call transferring.
- Contact management and Voice Recognition tools.
Verdict: Ooma is rated as the winner in the Business Choice Award, by PCmag.com. It is affordable, gives advanced collaboration tools and you get a free business phone number with each plan.
Price: Starts at $19.95 per user per month.
Best for small businesses.
Nextiva is a communication system, which gives you tools for growing your business. This easy-to-use business phone service VoIP gives you many useful tools that can make your customers happy and increase your sales.
- Unlimited calling, text messaging, call queuing, and auto-attendant features.
- Local and toll-free numbers.
- You can use a computer or a mobile, to text, chat, call or conference, from anywhere.
- CRM tools include contact management, data organization, and much more.
- Team collaboration tools.
Verdict: Nextiva is a scalable, easy-to-use, mobile-friendly, and affordable small business phone service provider. The customer service is also nice.
Price: There is a free trial for 7 days. Price plans are as follows:
- Essential: Starts at $18.95 per month per user.
- Professional: Starts at $22.95 per month per user.
- Enterprise: Starts at $32.95 per month per user.
Best for giving you a phone service that can be availed from your personal phone.
Grasshopper is a virtual business phone answering service, which is affordable and gives you features like call handling, sending custom greetings, toll-free numbers, and much more.
- Gives tools for business texting, call forwarding, VoIP + Wi-Fi calling, call transfers, and more
- Detailed call reports so that you can keep track of your performance.
- Avail of the phone services through your personal phone.
- Offers you local numbers, Toll-free numbers, and Vanity numbers.
- Get 24/7 support.
Verdict: Grasshopper is for small businesses. The services offered by Grasshopper can be very helpful in growing your business. You can work from anywhere and save your money by opting for Grasshopper.
Price: There is a free trial for 7 days. Price plans are:
- Solo: $29 per month
- Partner: $49 per month
- Small business: $89 per month
Best for excellent call quality and simple setup.
Vonage is a business IP phone service provider which gives you tools to accelerate your connection with your clients. The many features offered by Vonage include calling, texting, team collaboration, call recording, call grouping, and much more.
- 24/7 support.
- Unlimited calling, texting, and team messaging features.
- Get CRM integration and auto-attendant features.
- Tools for call recording, call grouping, and more.
- Offers hardware phone systems too.
Verdict: Vonage has 100,000 customers worldwide, guarantees you 99.999% uptime, and is trusted by some big names like DHL, Domino’s, Thomson Reuters, and more.
Price: There is a free trial for 14 days. Prices are:
- Basic: $19.99 per month per line.
- Premium: $29.99 per month per line.
- Advanced: $39.99 per month per line.
Best for seamless integration with the business apps and excellent voice quality.
8×8 offers businesses a communication system that is cloud-based, features powerful analytics, and can be managed efficiently via a single robust administration platform. The solution on offer here is highly flexible, and as such, allows your teams to work and collaborate with each other as per their wish.
8×8 also shines with regards to integration and seamlessly integrating with tools like Microsoft Teams to enhance the productivity of your staff.
- Call recording
- Unlimited calling, SMS, and Fax
- Caller ID
- Blocking calls
Verdict: 8×8 provides you with a business solution that comes loaded with advanced telephony features like call recording, IVR, caller ID detection and blocking, etc. all of which are essential to make sure there is smooth communication both within your organization and between your enterprise and customers.
Price: There is a 30-day free trial.
#7) Zoom Phone
Best for being a feature-rich system for businesses of all sizes.
Zoom Phone is a very popular name in the industry of small business phone services. The reason is the feature-rich system that it offers. Frequent updates in this cloud-based system allow you to perform according to the need of the hour.
- Gives toll-free numbers for US and Canada.
- Make or receive calls from different devices.
- Unlimited calling feature for 18 countries.
- Get access to unlimited auto attendants, call queuing, call recording and many other features.
- Connect through chat, meeting, call, Zoom Rooms, Zoom Events and Webinars, and more.
Verdict: Having some really nice reviews from its customers, Zoom Phone is a highly demanded cloud-based phone service that suits businesses of all sizes.
Price: Prices are as follows:
- US & Canada Metered: $10 per month per user.
- US & Canada Unlimited: $15 per month per user.
- Pro Global Select: $20 per month per user.
Website: Zoom Phone
Best for being a simple phone system.
Talkroute is a business phone system that lets you work from anywhere. The modern business solutions offered by Talkroute include making and receiving business calls, texting with customers, call routing, and much more.
- Gives toll-free numbers, vanity numbers, 800 numbers, local numbers, and number porting features.
- Call forwarding and call routing features.
- Send SMS and MMS messages and reply to your customers’ messages.
- Can be used from macOS, Windows, Linux, iOS, Android, and Web.
- An application that works on your desktop, mobile, or web.
Verdict: The Basic plan offered by Talkroute can be very beneficial for those who want simple features at affordable prices. Some users have reported that the customer service is not up to the mark.
- Basic: $19 per month
- Plus: $39 per month
- Pro: $59 per month
- Enterprise: Contact directly for a price quote.
Best for providing all the tools needed to work remotely.
GoToConnect has tools that help in working from remote locations. The features offered by GoToConnect include video, phones, rooms, webinars, and text messaging.
- Place calls, set up meetings, and send and receive text messages.
- Tools for call routing, custom hold music, call queuing, and much more.
- Work from a desk phone, desktop app, or mobile app.
- High Definition video conferencing tools.
- Easy integration with Slack, Salesforce, Microsoft Teams, and more.
Verdict: GoToConnect guarantees 99.996% uptime and low bandwidth usage. It gives you reasonable price plans and security for your confidential data.
Price: Price plans are as follows:
- Basic: Starts at $24 per user per month.
- Standard: Starts at $29 per user per month.
- Premium: Starts at $39 per user per month.
Best for being an affordable business phone services provider.
Phone.com is a communications solution for small businesses. They offer tools to connect through voice, text, and video. The collaboration features let you connect with your teams from wherever you are.
- Gives you local, vanity, and toll-free numbers.
- Does not require you to install any special hardware. You can start working with your existing devices.
- Gives 24/7 bilingual support.
- Tools for video conferencing, call queuing, text messaging, and more.
Verdict: Phone.com is easy to use and gives you 24×7 support through phone, email, or chat. Having more than 40,000 customers from almost every field, Phone.com is a recommended phone services provider for small businesses.
Price: Price plans are:
- Basic user: $12.99 per month
- Plus user: $19.99 per month
- Pro user: $29.99 per month
Best for saving your costs on phone bills.
1-VoIP is 16 years old leading business phone system. It is an easy-to-use platform that gives you HD call quality, 40+ business features, nice customer service, and hardware solutions too.
- Can keep your number.
- Offers hardware for business phone purposes.
- Call recording, call queuing, and auto-attendant features.
- Send and receive faxes electronically.
- Set your preferred music for calls on hold.
Verdict: 1-VoIP guarantees to save your phone bill by 53% on average. It lets you work with your existing phones. The customer service is reportedly nice.
Price: Price plans offered by 1-VoIP are:
- Metered: $14.97 per month per extension.
- Corporate: $19.97 per month per extension.
- Professional: $29.97 per month per extension.
Other Notable Tools
Best for automation features.
Kixie is a customer relationship management software, which offers you features for automated calling and texting, integration with leading CRM platforms like Hubspot, Salesforce, and more, and provides phone services, including call transfer, call queuing, and much more.
Price: There is a free trial for 7 days. Price plans are as follows:
- Integrated: $29 per month, billed annually
- Professional: $55 per month, billed annually
- Enterprise: Contact directly for prices.
Best for being an easy-to-use phone system.
CallHippo is a trusted cloud-based business phone system that offers you advanced features including voice broadcasting, call tracking, AI-driven analytics features, and a telephone system with features of call transferring, conference calling, sending private or shared voice messages, and much more.
Price: Price plans are as under:
- Bronze: $16 per user per month
- Silver: $30 per user per month
- Platinum: $45 per user per month
- Enterprise: Custom pricing
Best for free features.
Built by Microsoft, Skype is a popular communication tool, which gives you features for chatting, calling, video conferencing, and collaboration.
Price: Calling subscriptions start at $2.99 per month.
Best for unlimited calling and texting at low prices.
Dialpad is a platform for establishing communications with the customers or within the workspace. They have features ranging from calling and texting to call routing, call queuing, integration with Azure, and much more.
Price: There is a free trial for 14 days. Price plans offered by Dialpad are as follows:
- Standard: $15 per user per month
- Pro: $25 per user per month
- Enterprise: Custom pricing
Running a business in today’s times, without a phone system, can be extremely difficult. Plus, the situation prevailing because of the pandemic has given rise to the need for a system through which a business can run remotely, without the need for everyone to be physically present in the office.
Thus, we did a study on the best business phone service providers available in the industry and we can now conclude that Nextiva has the widest range of features available at the most affordable prices.
Zoom Phone, Grasshopper, RingCentral, Vonage, Talkroute, Ooma, GoToConnect, Phone.com, and 1-VoIP are among the top 10 best business phone service providers.
- Time taken to research this article: We spent 12 hours researching and writing this article so you can get a useful summarized list of tools with the comparison of each for your quick review.
- Total tools researched online: 20
- Top tools shortlisted for review: 15