An In-Depth Look at the Most Popular Reporting Tools:
What is a Reporting Software?
Reporting Software connects with data sources, gather information and provide insights in the form of graphs and charts based on the input data so the user can find the useful information.
This application usually comes in a business intelligence suite. The reporting tools help in the decision-making process. Detailed insights will give you more visibility over data.
Reporting tools present the data in an attractive manner. By representing the data in an attractive manner, these tools make data more readable, useful, and presentable.
There can be two types of reports, i.e. Static reports and Interactive reports.
Static reports cannot be altered by the end user, and Interactive reports allow you to get detailed insights by drilling down to the data. These reports also provide the facility to navigate, filter, sort, & view the data.
These reporting tools can generate different types of the report as shown below:
- Reporting for business intelligence,
- Visualization and reporting,
- Self-Service reporting,
- Enterprise reporting,
- Application performance reporting,
- Finance related reporting.
Generally, it is considered that reporting tools and business intelligence software are the same, but there is a difference between the two.
Reporting tool or software is a part of a business intelligence suite, whereas Business intelligence software contains various categories of tools. The main difference is in their ability to correlate the data.
=> Contact us to suggest your listing here.
Comparison of the Best Reporting Tools in 2019
|reporting Tool||About Tool||Best Features||Verdict||Price|
|Answer Rocket||Web-based tool for business people. |
Provides Self-service analytics
|Easy customization options. |
Sending reports through emails.
|Ask questions in natural language.||Contact company.|
|SAP Crystal Reports||It is a business intelligence and reporting tool for small and medium-sized businesses.||Content distribution in PDF, Spreadsheet, and HTML. Supports multiple languages for reports.||The tool takes care of data security and it changes formatting as per the language.||$495 per license.|
|Zoho Analytics||This business intelligence and reporting tool helps in creating cross-functional reports.||Intelligent assistant.||The tool provides smart data alerts. It makes use of AI, ML and NLP technologies.||Free Plan, Basic ($22.5/month), Standard ($45), Premium ($112.5), and Enterprise ($445.5).|
|Izenda Reports||Business intelligence and reporting tool used by software companies and development teams.||Integrated security. |
Finance related forecast.
|This system can be used by any sized enterprises and supports multiple languages.||Contact company.|
|DBxtra||It is a web-based business intelligence and reporting tool for ad-hoc reporting.||XL Reporting Service. |
Automatic report generation on scheduled time.
|The system is easy to use and learn. |
Programming knowledge is not required.
|Price starts at $980.|
What You Will Learn:
Top 10 Reporting Tools Reviews
Enlisted below are the most popular and commonly used Reporting tools that are available in the market.
#1) Answer Rocket
Pricing Plans: Contact the company for pricing details.
Answer Rocket is suitable for any business. As this tool is made for business people, no technical skills are required. Anyone from the team can generate the reports and analytics. It is a web-based tool, hence it can work with any operating system.
- You can ask a question and based on your question, the chart will get created.
- It allows you to ask questions in natural language.
- Easy customization options are available like colors, labels, etc.
- Reports will automatically get saved to the dashboard.
- Full data exploration.
- You can send reports through emails. It also allows you to set up a schedule for sending reports.
Verdict: This web-based tool can work on any operating system. It allows you to set up a schedule for sending the report. It supports for asking questions in natural language.
Website: Answer Rocket
#2) SAP Crystal Reports
Pricing Plans: $495 per license.
It is a business intelligence and reporting tool. It provides design interface and efficient workflows. The tool will ensure data security and it can be used by small and medium-sized companies.
- Content can be distributed in formats like PDF, Spreadsheet, and HTML.
- The tool supports multiple languages for reports.
- It allows you to change the formatting of reports as per the language if required.
- The tool can directly connect to data sources without data modeling.
Verdict: Supports many formats like PDF, Spreadsheet, HTML. Data security will be taken care. Multiple languages and formatting according to a particular language.
Website: SAP Crystal Reports
#3) Zoho Analytics
Pricing Plans: Free Plan, Basic ($22.5/month), Standard ($45), Premium ($112.5), and Enterprise ($445.5).
Zoho Analytics is a business intelligence and reporting tool. The tool helps in creating cross-functional reports. It has an intelligent assistant and smart data alert functionality. It provides many connectors for out of the box integrations. The tool is accessible on both iOS and Android devices.
- It can create Cross-functional reports.
- Drag-and-drop designer for reports and dashboard.
- The tool has an intelligent assistant called Zia. You can ask questions and it will give answers. This assistant is a combination of Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, and Natural language processing technologies.
- Smart Data Alerts feature will allow you to set the alerts for any abnormality.
- The tool allows you to add comments.
Verdict: The tool makes use of AI, ML, and NLP technologies. It provides Smart data alerts.
Website: Zoho Analytics
#4) Izenda Reports
Pricing Plans: Contact the company for pricing details.
Izenda Reports is a business intelligence and reporting tool.
Its users can decide when and how to access the data using this self-service reporting. It can be used by software companies and development teams to place the BI and reporting functionality into their application. It is accessible on a desktop using web-browser and mobiles. It can also be deployed on-premise.
- Real-time sharing and customization of reports and dashboards.
- It provides integrated security.
- It introduces analytics seamlessly in the end-user workflow.
- As it is a web-based tool, data is accessible from any device.
- Build charts and grids.
- It also allows you to add filters.
Verdict: This system can be used by any sized enterprise. It supports multiple languages. It can be used for Ad-hoc reporting, Finance related forecast, profit analysis, and several other purposes.
Website: Izenda Reports
Pricing Plans: Price starts at $980.
DBxtra is a business intelligence and reporting tool for ad-hoc reporting. It is a web-based reporting interface, which also provides free desktop report viewer. Its Dashboard designer helps in creating web-based dashboards. It is a cloud-based solution for companies to create and distribute web-reports.
- It can automatically generate reports on the scheduled time.
- With the help of report designer, it will be easier and quicker to create database connections, reports, and queries.
- XL Reporting Service allows you to view real-time data in Microsoft Excel.
Verdict: Easy to use. SQL programming & web-technologies knowledge is not required. It is a powerful, flexible, and easy to learn reporting software.
Pricing Plans: For the infrastructure, there is a free plan.
Apart from that Pro plan ($15 per host per month), and Enterprise plan ($ 23 per host per month) available. Price for log management starts at $1.27 per month. Whereas the Price for application performance management starts at $31 per month.
Datadog is a monitoring and analytics software. It provides application performance management, log management, dashboards, and alerts functionalities. It includes full API access.
- Datadog provides more than 250 built-in integrations for several other functionalities like messaging, notifications, orchestration, issue tracking etc.
- It also provides integration with AWS and Azure.
- Visibility to the performance of your application.
- Collect logs from all your services, applications, and platforms.
- Can create graphs in real-time.
- Give notifications or alerts on critical performance issues.
Pricing Plans: Open source.
BIRT is an open source tool for data visualization and reports. This tool is used by development teams to include the reporting functionality in web applications. Mostly it is used in Java and Java EE projects. It can be used by all types of organizations.
- OS agnostic.
- Supports businesses from various industries.
- It can be integrated with any data source in any environment.
Verdict: Good community support at Eclipse.org. Easy to integrate.
Pricing Plans: Free
KNIME is an open source analytics platform. It is used for creating data science applications and services. It supports Windows, Mac, and Linux operating systems. KNIME is used for financial data analysis, business intelligence, and pharmaceutical research.
- Useful for creating visual workflows.
- It allows you to use different domain tools.
- It can work with simple text formats, unstructured data types, and time series data.
- It can connect with many databases like Oracle, Microsoft SQL, Apache Hive etc.
Verdict: It provides the best features of data & tool blending.
Pricing Plans: Contact the company for pricing details. 30 days free trial is also available.
It is a cloud-based solution. The tool can give you visibility for sales, marketing, social and customer service efforts. Using this tool you can deliver fully-managed insights.
- It gives you insights from combined points of data.
- It allows you to use private or public cloud using Amazon, AWS, and Rackspace.
- This system can be directly combined with your existing system.
- It provides analytics customization to reflect your brand.
Verdict: Good data is easy to use and has interactive dashboards.
Pricing Plans: As per the reviews available online its price starts at $500 per month per user. Contact the company to know more about its pricing details.
Phocas is a business intelligence and data analytics platform.
It provides you with a flexible solution which can scale as your organization grows. This software is for distribution, retail, and manufacturing industries. It can be accessed from mobiles and tablets. It provides many out-of-the-box integrations with popular ERPs.
- It is optimized for any type of devices like desktop, notebook, tablet, and smartphone.
- It allows you to schedule reports and set alarms based on the reports.
- Real-time reporting and analytics.
- It provides cloud-based as well as an on-premise solution.
- It also provides a private cloud option.
Verdict: There is a database designer in the latest versions of Phocas. It provides many features like collaboration, financial statements etc.
Website: Phocas Software
We have come to the end of the article on Reporting Tools. To conclude, let's see a one-liner about each tool for your quick understanding.
Answer Rocket will give you full data exploration. SAP Crystal Reports can distribute the content in PDF, Spreadsheet, and HTML format. Izenda can be used for profit analysis and finance related reports.
DBxtra is powerful, flexible and easy to use. GoodData gives you visibility for sales, marketing, social and customer service efforts. Phocas is a flexible and scalable solution which provides a private cloud option.
BIRT and KNIME are the best free reporting tools. Zoho analytics, Datadog, and Phocas provide monthly subscription plans. But Datadog has more affordable monthly plans.
Hope this informative article on Reporting Tools would have enriched your knowledge to a great extent.!!
=> Contact us to suggest your listing here.