Review and compare the top Bitcoin Exchanges in this tutorial and select the best Bitcoin trading exchange based on our ratings:
Selecting a good cryptocurrency trading exchange requires knowledge of the fees charged, but also the crypto pairs offered or available to trade. Most cryptocurrency exchanges now allow you to deposit fiat in the form of USD, EURO, AUD, or other forms via bank wire, credit cards, debit cards, SEPA, and online payment methods.
Others allow you to first exchange fiat for Bitcoin and Ethereum cryptos only. To buy others, you would need to first change fiat to Bitcoin or Ethereum and deposit those on the exchange. These are known as crypto-to-crypto exchanges.
We compiled below a list of bitcoin exchanges/ cryptocurrencies exchanges that are easy to use, cheap to trade or buy crypto, and which allow you to deposit with easily available payment methods.
What You Will Learn:
- Bitcoin Exchanges Review
- List of the Best Bitcoin Exchanges
- Comparison Table of Top Exchanges for Bitcoin Trading
- #1) Pionex
- #2) Bybit
- #3) Uphold
- #4) OKX
- #5) Bitstamp
- #6) Crypto.com
- #7) Bitsgap
- #8) Gemini
- #9) Binance
- #10) CoinSmart
- #11) Coinmama
- #12) Kraken
- #13) Swapzone
- #14) Bitcoin.org
- #15) CashApp
- #16) Bisq
- #17) Coinbase
- #18) Cex.io
- #19) Bitfinex
- #20) Robinhood
- #21) BlockFi
- #22) Bittrex
- #23) TradeStation
Bitcoin Exchanges Review
List of the Best Bitcoin Exchanges
Here is the list of popular Bitcoin exchanges:
Comparison Table of Top Exchanges for Bitcoin Trading
|Name||Features||Fees to Trade||Fiat Deposit Supported?||Our Rating|
|Pionex||Liquidity Aggregated Engine, User-friendly Cross-Platform Mobile App, Low Transaction Fees.||0.05%||Yes|
|Bybit||State-of-the-art pricing system, 100K TPS matching engine, smart trading system, etc.||For spot trading, the maker fee rate is 0% & the taker fee rate is 0.1%.||Yes|
|Uphold||Cross-trade between legacy and crypto assets seamlessly.||Spreads of between 0.8 to 2% less||Yes|
|OKX||Non-custodial wallet, staking, lending, dApps, margin trading up to 100x for btc, etc.||0.080%/0.060% (taker/maker) to 0.1%/0.08% (taker/maker).||Yes|
|Bitstamp||Staking Eth and Algorand. |
Advanced order types for charting trading.
|From 0.05% to 0.0% spot trading plus between 1.5% to 5% when depositing real-world currencies depending on deposit method.||Yes|
|Crypto.com||Daily rewards on balance, no-lock-up period, referral, etc.||Volume-based||Fiat wallets available|
|Bitsgap||15 + supported exchanges, Unlimited Smart Orders, Pre-made trading bot strategies, 175 trading view indicators||No trading fees||Yes|
|Binance||Centralized order books with peer-to-peer support and advanced charting for traders.||0.02% to 0.10% purchase and trading fees, 3% to 4.5% for debit card purchases, free Single Euro Payments Area (SEPA) transfer, or $15 per U.S. wire transfer||Yes|
|CoinSmart||Same day deposits, multiple funding methods, facilities for tracking all the trades, etc.||0.20% for single trade & 0.3% for double trades.||Yes Canadian Dollar|
|Coinmama||Buy crypto with fiat via credit card and electronic payments and cash out Bitcoin via bank account.||0% for SEPA, 0% SWIFT for orders above $1000 (otherwise 20 GBP), 0% for Faster Payments in UK only, and $4.99% credit/debit card.||Yes - direct fiat purchases|
|Kraken||Provides Educational resources for crypto traders, Allows using starter account without verifying identity, etc.||Maker fee varies from 0.16% to 0.00% for trading amounts below $50,000 and above $10,000,000+ respectively. Taker fee varies from 0.26% to 0.10% to trade the same amounts.||Yes|
|Swapzone||sell, buy, swap crypto for crypto or fiat without custody or registration (crypto). Auto comparison list of offers.||Spreads which vary from crypto to crypto. Mining fees also apply||Yes to partner exchanges.|
|Bitcoin.org||Buy crypto with fiat, no trading platform or other crypto supported.||A flat fee of $4.99 + 3.5% for purchases of $141 and 7% for purchases above $141||Yes|
|Cash App||U.K., U.S. only. No cross-border transactions elsewhere||Free to send from app or bank; 3% fee for sending from credit cards||Yes|
|Bisq||Peer-to-peer exchange with global support||- 0.1% for makers and 0.3% for takers.||Yes|
|Coinbase||Institutional grade all with custody support||From $0.99 for $10 or below; to $2.99 for $200 or less. A flat 2.49% with Coinbase Card; 2% for credit transactions; up to 2% for crypto conversions; Debit cards up to 3.99% and PayPal up to 1%||Yes|
Let us review each Bitcoin Exchange below:
Best for Individuals looking for a low-risk investment strategy.
Pionex is basically a cryptocurrency exchange tool that comes with built-in trading bots designed to make trading easy for users. 16 trading bots can be accessed to trade in cryptocurrency at no additional cost. When trading in cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin, Pionex can completely automate your investment strategy.
As such, you don’t have to constantly keep an eye out on the market. The tool is particularly helpful for high-volume and mobile investors who like to indulge in investing on the go. The transaction fee that Pionex asks for is very low and you get a fully fleshed out cross-platform mobile app that allows you to create and access bots for auto-trading.
How to Get Started:
- To Use Pionex, you first need to sign-up.
- After signing up and creating an account, you’ll need to deposit funds.
- Once you’ve deposited funds, choose the bot you want to create.
- For instance, you can create a Grid Bot by choosing the trading pair and setting the parameters.
- You can also use ‘AI strategy’ mode to create your Grid bot.
- The set bot will establish the coin volatility over the last 7 days and use this information to create lower and upper values of the channel.
- The grid will then split the price into your chosen pair automatically.
- The bot will sell as soon as the price reaches one of the lines above the current price mentioned. On the other hand, it will buy when the price goes down.
- Liquidity Aggregated Engine
- User-Friendly Cross-Platform Mobile App
- Low Transaction Fees
- 16 In-Built Crypto Trading Bots
- Secure and Regulated in the US.
Transaction Fee: 0.05%
Best for buying and selling BTC, ETH, etc. on the spot.
Bybit is a cryptocurrency trading platform that makes buying, selling, trading, and earning with cryptocurrencies easier. It is a smart and intuitive trading platform. It provides real-time market data as well as competitive market depth & liquidity. It securely stores your assets offline and provides maximum protection.
Steps to trade in Bybit:
To go to the spot trading page, you can click on the ‘Spot’ tab.
- You can enter the trading pair directly to have a view of it in the search box.
- You can move to the order zone and then select Market. Then to buy or sell enter the amount.
- Click Buy BTC or Sell BTC.
- Bybit platform offers flexible trading strategies that are suitable for traders of any level.
- It constantly adds new assets and innovative products.
- It supports various payment methods such as Visa/MasterCard credit, debit cards, and cash deposits.
Fees: The image below shows more information about the trading fees for Derivatives Trading. For Spot Trading, the maker fee rate is 0% and the taker fee rate is 0.1% for all spot trading pairs.
Bitcoin can be traded on the spot market amongst 200 other cryptocurrencies, either using market or instant orders, limit orders, or more advanced orders. Besides, Uphold lets you convert Bitcoin to other assets such as metals and other commodities, stocks, and national currencies on Uphold.
Uphold is a more suitable exchange if you are looking for a place to diversify or complement Bitcoin trading with trading other assets. It also allows you to withdraw Bitcoin to the bank in addition to depositing USD and other fiat currencies via debit and credit cards and bank accounts for spending to purchase Bitcoin and other cryptos.
Steps to trade on Uphold:
- Open an account and verify with personal details.
- Deposit using a bank account, or debit/credit card. To deposit, click/tap Link account from the center while on the Portfolio menu and link a bank account or credit/debit card.
- Click/tap Portfolio and browse through the assets you want to trade. Select any that you need, From the right, click or tap Transact, enter amounts, and choose From account for instance choose USD when you want to buy.
- BTC using USD (you can add a debit/credit or bank account from here), and destination crypto/asset/fiat currency, networks such as other blockchains and proceed to exchange.
- Android, iOS, and web apps.
- Advanced crypto trading tools such as charting and price monitoring.
- Zero fee deposits except for bank charges.
- Withdraw crypto to the bank account as a fiat.
- Registered with FinCEN, FCA, and Bank of Lithuania.
- Auto trading.
Trading Fees: Spread of between 0.8 to 1.2% on BTC and ETH in the US and Europe, otherwise mostly 1.8% for other parts. The withdrawal fee to the bank account is $3.99. API fees vary.
Best for advanced speculative trading of crypto spot and futures like Bitcoin.
OKX is termed one of the best Bitcoin exchanges for several reasons the main being the low trading fees. The fee starts at 0.1% (taker) and 0.08% (maker) and reduces depending on the amount of OKB platform tokens held by the trader and their 30-day trading volume. Other reasons that make it one of the best Bitcoin exchange are the numerous payment methods with which a trader can pay for Bitcoin purchases, the fact that it allows traders to trade futures and options, and the deep liquidity books. OKX – formerly known as OKEX – also lets users invest in multiple crypto products including lending, staking, mining, and NFTs.
It allows users to buy Bitcoin and 300+ other cryptos instantly using credit and debit cards, bank accounts, Apple Pay, Google Pay, and many other local methods on the peer-to-peer exchange and through third parties Banxa and Simplex. Active traders also leverage charting and advanced order types to trade crypto based on speculative techniques and skills.
Steps to trade on OKX:
(a) Register on the platform and verify the account.
(b) Deposit crypto or fiat in your account. You will spend the deposit amount to buy Bitcoin. If selling crypto, proceed to the next step.
(c) To buy, visit the Buy Crypto feature on the menu. Choose peer to peer option if you want to trade directly with other users. Choose crypto desired to purchase, enter the amount to buy (or the amount of fiat to spend in buying), proceed to enter card detail or payment method details, and pay.
To sell, choose the Sell crypto option from the Buy/sell button.
To swap or trade actively, choose the Trade button from the menu. Select Convert, Basic trading, Derivatives & margin trading, Trading bots, Copy trading, or Liquid marketplace depending on the trading options you need.
Fees: Active trading fee starts at 0.10% (taker) and 0.080% (maker) and decreases to 0.080% (taker) and 0.060% (maker) depending on the trading volume and amount of OKB held. VIP users enjoy a taker fee of between 0.080% and 0.020% (taker) and between 0.060% and 0.005% (maker).
Additional charges of up to 4% per transaction may be incurred when using instant payment methods like Visa and Mastercard.
Best for speculative crypto trading and charting.
Bitstamp started in Slovenia in 2011 and is, therefore, one of the oldest places to buy and sell Bitcoin and other digital assets. The exchange has a customer base of 4 million customers. It is a good place for beginner and advanced crypto traders looking to buy and sell digital assets either as speculative or spontaneously to exchange one type of crypto for another.
It is easy to use, has competitive fees, and is tried and tested. However, it supports a limited number of cryptocurrencies (about 50). Customer support is provided 24/7. The staking feature also supports just two cryptocurrencies, Algorand and Ethereum. The exchange does not have margin trading or lending features.
- Web-based platform as well as mobile (iOS and Android apps).
- Fees decrease as per the user’s trading volume.
- Deposit about 20 fiat or real-world currencies like USD and Euro to then buy Bitcoin.
- Fiat deposit methods include instant SEPA, bank, wire, credit card, and debit cards.
- Crypto conversion is instant on the trading platform.
- Trade Bitcoin via speculation using advanced order types.
Trading and Fees: Trading fees – 0.50% for <$10,000 trading volume to 0.0% for > $20 million trading volume. Staking fees — 15% on staking rewards. Deposits are free of charge for SEPA, ACH, Faster Payments, and crypto. International wire deposit – 0.05%, and 5% with card purchases. Withdrawal is 3 Euro for SEPA, free for ACH, 2 GBP for Faster Payment, 0.1% for International wire. Crypto withdrawal fee varies.
Best for CRO-powered exchange with low fees, deep liquidity, and best execution prices.
Crypto.com is a secure platform for buying and selling more than 150 cryptocurrencies. It will let you trade with 20+ fiat currencies with the help of bank transfers or credit/debit cards. With Crypto.com, you can earn daily rewards on your balance and there will not be any lock-up period. The referral program gives USD 2000 for inviting a friend.
Steps to trade in cryptocurrency on Crypto.com:
- Login to your Crypto.com account.
- Go to the “Markets” page and choose the market to trade.
- Select Trade.
- At the bottom right corner, you will find the Limit, Market, and Advanced order area.
- Make a selection of the type of order you want to trade with.
- Fill in the necessary details.
- There are trading limits on trading pairs for decentralized exchanges.
- Crypto.com supports more than 40 cryptocurrencies and stablecoins.
- Over 30 million ERC20 Wallets are supported.
- It provides an intuitive payment gateway for merchants.
- It has a powerful dashboard.
Fees: Trading fees are based on volume. As the trading volume increases, more discounts will be offered.
Best for Automatic crypto trading via trading bots.
Bitsgap is not a cryptocurrency exchange. What you do get, however, is a powerful platform that can automate your crypto-trading endeavour by connecting with other exchanges. The platform lets you create and launch trading bots that can buy and sell orders at your behest. The bots run based on the back-tested GRID and DCA strategies you set.
The platform offers you tools that no ordinary exchange does. With the help of tools like Take Profit, OCO, Trailing Take Profit, and Stop Loss, you’ll be able to control your risk-to-reward ratio. The platform further benefits you with an interface that facilitates instant switch between exchanges. You’ll be able to trade without any limits with Bitsgap.
How to Get Started
- Choose a subscription plan
- Set up a trading bot by imbuing it with some pre-defined rules
- Connect to exchange account using secure API connection provided
- Use advanced trade terminal tools to control trade
- 15 + supported exchanges
- Unlimited Smart Orders
- Pre-made trading bot strategies
- 175 trading view indicators
- Smart Algorithmic orders
Best for speculative crypto trading, charting, and institutional investors.
Gemini is one of the largest cryptocurrency exchanges in the United States and allows users to trade over 26 CryptoCoins and tokens. It provides insured hot wallets backed by underwriters, meaning customers are assured of fund restoration in case of hack and theft.
Gemini also stores most crypto on the cold storage system. Customers can also purchase crypto through debit cards, credit cards, and bank transfers.
Steps to trade crypto on Gemini platform:
- Register: A personal account on the exchange is created by submitting the name and email address. The account must also be verified via the cell phone number, identity, and address documents. Then secured with a 2 Factor authentication process.
- Link bank and/or card: It is required for the bank and Gemini account to have the same name.
- Load funds or deposit in the account: Click Transfer Funds and then choose the deposit method. It can be wire transfer, etc.
- Buy crypto: Click Buy and choose the desired crypto to buy and the currency to use. Example: USD, BTC, or ETH. You will see the fee to be charged. Enter amount to sell and proceed. The crypto is received in the wallet.
- Mobile application – iOS and Android.
- Advanced trading platform – The Gemini ActiveTrader platform serves professional trading needs with multiple and advanced order types, charting tools, etc. It is also mobile-optimized for on-the-go trading needs.
- Earn interest on your deposits – up to 3% for Bitcoin deposits.
- German Pay lets users pay for goods and services with cryptocurrencies in over 30,000 retail locations.
- Also features educational resources to educate people on crypto trading, blockchain technology, and other things.
Fees: Gemini charges varying fees from $0.99 for orders under $10 to 1.49% of the total order value for orders above $200. In addition to this transaction fee, you also pay 0.50% as a convenience fee for the coin you are buying. It also deducts a 1.49% transaction fee to your purchase.
Best for speculative crypto trading and charting.
The most important benefit of using Binance is a detailed crypto trading exchange platform that allows users to better speculate on future prices using detailed charting and other features.
Users can trade over 1500 supported cryptocurrencies, but a crypto-to-crypto exchange does not allow fiat deposits or withdrawals. You can also reduce trading fees by paying with a BNB coin.
Steps to trade cryptocurrencies on Binance:
a) Registration: Submit registration details and verify the email. You can also secure the account with 2-factor authentication.
b) Fund the account: Click on funds, deposit when logged in, and access the crypto address for depositing. This is the crypto you will exchange with other crypto or trade it by speculating prices.
For the former, select the desired trading pair from the market and sell the deposited crypto for one you desire. For the latter, simply choose a pair you need to trade and set the order type, then wait for the order (stop-limit, limit, and market orders) to be completed now or later.
- Features institutional services like trading APIs, VIP fees and access, and OTC trading platforms targeted at hedge funds, asset managers, family offices, market makers, brokers, investment banks, Fintech, and corporations.
- Trading Academy: Binance Visa Card to help you spend crypto anywhere, derivatives trading, charity fund, labs, research, and a wallet.
- Mobile iOS and Android apps are available in addition to the web platform.
Fees: 0.02% to 0.10% purchase and trading fees, 3% to 4.5% for debit card purchases, free Single Euro Payments Area (SEPA) transfer, or $15 per U.S. wire transfer.
Best for beginners as well as experts. It has advanced crypto trading tools.
CoinSmart is a platform for trading Bitcoin, Ethereum, Litecoin, Bitcoin cash, etc. It provides the facility to leverage the market and access the funds on the same day of deposit.
It supports multiple funding methods such as SEPA, Interac, Wire Transfers, E-Transfers, etc. CoinSmart makes it easier to track all trading activities, deposits, and withdrawals.
Steps to trade in CoinSmart:
- CoinSmart is easy to use. First, create an account.
- CoinSmart performs instant verification.
- After verification, digital currencies can be bought and sold.
- CoinSmart was built in Canada. It offers multiple licenses and is available for business in new markets.
- It will let you start trading on the same day of deposit. Swapping one coin for another is just a single click process.
- CoinSmart credits all deposits to your account on the same day the amount is received.
- It processes cash withdrawal requests within 5 business days.
- All the accounts are verified on the same day.
- It adds digital currencies to their exchange constantly.
- The mobile app is available for iOS and Android devices.
Fees: 0% fee (depends on funding options), 1% fee (Electronic funds transfer & Bank Wire Withdrawal methods), Fees start at 0.00025 according to crypto withdrawal methods such as Bitcoin, Ethereum, etc. 0.20% fees for a single trade and 0.30% for double trade.
Best for crypto to fiat or fiat to crypto conversions.
Coinmama supports buying crypto for fiat. You can buy bitcoin, bitcoin cash, litecoin, ethereum, tezos, ripple, cardano, dogecoin, uniswap, and chainlink using credit and debit cards. Other payment methods supported are Apple Pay, Google Pay, and Skrill.
These are instant. Bank wire is also supported for both selling and buying but takes time. You can only sell Bitcoin and not any other crypto for fiat via bank wire. As you can see, it is only best for trading crypto to fiat and vice versa. It does not have hosted wallets or other features like holding and storing.
- Pay fee that depends on loyalty — 3.90% to 2.93% though 2% may apply above the XBT rates.
Trading fees: 0% for SEPA, 0% SWIFT for orders above $1000 (otherwise 20 GBP), 0% for Faster Payments in UK only, and $4.99% credit/debit card.
Best for speculative crypto trading and charting.
Kraken U.S.-based exchange is considered a low fee exchange with many crypto options for trading. It also provides advanced trading tools, order types, and margin trading where you can lend crypto and increase exposure. With margin trading, you can leverage by as much as 5x and by up to $500,000.
The crypto exchange is also regarded as one of the most secure crypto trading platforms. It allows users to buy over 50 cryptos for as little as $10. However, it is more suitable for more experienced crypto traders.
Steps to trade crypto on Kraken:
a) Register account: Select the account type and upgrade the basic account by verifying it.
b) Deposit USD: Kraken allows you to deposit USD via the Fedwire option or bank account. However, it will take around five days to complete. From the Funding option, check the ‘Show all assets’ or use the search tool to find the assets desired to deposit. Find the USD option.
Select the Synapse from the drop-down menu. Follow the procedure and ensure to confirm the deposit checklist. From there, use the instructions on the Synapse Deposit page to send wire transfer from the bank to your Synapse digital checking account.
This is a dedicated personal checking account for individual users at Synapse and for Pro Corporate users, it is a business checking account. It will then reflect the amount on your Kraken account.
c) Select the currency pair: For instance, there is ETH/USD, BTC/USD. Select the pair and then click the Buy option to buy that cryptocurrency. Fill the order form and submit it. Wait for execution.
d) The crypto purchased will then reflect on your account.
- Provides educational resources for crypto traders.
- Starter account can be used without verifying your identity. The starter account, however, has huge limitations. Otherwise, you also have intermediate and pro account types that require verification.
- USD deposits through FedWire on verified accounts. However, it takes up to 5 business days to process the transaction.
- 24/7 customer service.
Fees: Maker fee varies from 0.16% to 0.00% for trading amounts below $50,000 and above $10,000,000+ respectively. Taker fee varies from 0.26% to 0.10% to trade the same amounts. Maker and Taker fees vary from 0.20% to 0.00% to trade the same amount of stablecoins and FX pairs.
Best for finding the best and comparing exchange rates across multiple exchange services.
Swapzone is rated as the best Bitcoin exchange as it allows traders/users to find the best exchange rates from across 15+ cryptocurrency exchanges and trading services, all without leaving the platform or registering.
It is much better than browsing and scrolling through multiple exchange websites trying to find which one offers the best exchange/trading rate for Bitcoin at any given moment. Once a user finds a favorable rate, they can then exchange the crypto without registering with the exchanges from where the offers emanate or with Swapzone, and therefore, without leaving Swapzone platform.
Traders willing to buy and sell crypto for other cryptos or fiat and stablecoins can find offers from across exchanges based on expected transaction speed, exchange rate, and user rating (from Trustpilot and Swapzone platforms).
Swapzone allows users to trade Bitcoin for 1000+ other cryptos, altcoins, and stablecoins, as well as for 20+ fiat currencies.
Steps to trade on Swapzone:
#a) Browse the swapzone.io page.
#b) Tap the Exchange crypto tap for crypto-to-crypto exchange and swapping, or the Buy/Sell by fiat button to buy or sell crypto for 20+ fiat currencies.
#c) For each of the above options, you will then choose the crypto or fiat to send and the crypto/stablecoin/fiat to receive depending on whether you are buying or selling crypto.
If buying a crypto such as BTC, you will need to enter your wallet address in which the crypto will be received. You will then be required to send payment in a fiat currency you selected on the Swapzone query interface (e.g. USD). Enter the amount of crypto you intend to buy/receive or fiat to spend/send to the exchange.
If selling crypto for fiat, simply click or tap the two order-reversing arrows in between the two query entries to then choose the crypto (e.g. BTC) you will need to send/sell, and also choose the fiat you intend to receive after sending the crypto. Enter the amount of crypto to sell or the fiat you intend to receive.
#d) You will be presented with one or several offers (if any are available as per your trade query). You can sort the offers based on the best exchange rates, speed of (fastest) transactions, and best user ratings. Choose your most favorable offer and click or tap Exchange/Buy/Sell buttons against the offer depending on whether you want to buy/sell crypto.
You can click or tap the Don’t have a wallet yet button and you will be directed to information on how to create a wallet address depending on which crypto you are buying, and links to main wallet providers where you can create a crypto wallet.
#e) If buying crypto for fiat, you will need to enter an email address (optional) and the btc or crypto wallet address to receive. Tap Payment and you will be directed to a partner’s page to see the details on how to send the fiat payment.
For instance, they will redirect you to the exchange’s payout page (the exchange where the offer is being sourced) to make a credit card or debit card payment. You then need to register and enter the details of the card or other payment method to complete the payment and the crypto will be sent to the wallet address you issued.
If selling crypto for fiat, you will need to enter the wallet address to where the btc sent can be refunded. Enter an email optionally and tap Payment to be directed to choose the method of receiving the fiat after sending btc or other cryptos.
For instance, they will direct you to a payment page for the exchange from where the order is sourced, to enter your bank IBAN details where the fiat will be sent. It will indicate the amount you will receive and the expected transaction time.
Proceed to register and enter the details. You will be verified and be presented with the wallet address to which to send the BTC or crypto. After sending, they will make the bank transfer. The btc is refunded when and if the crypto is not sent.
- 15+ crypto exchange and trading platforms from which to find selling and buying offers.
- Guides on how to trade and find the best offers.
- Online support through chat.
Fees: 0% swap and exchange rate.
Best for bitcoin-only buyers.
Bitcoin.org website is official to the original Bitcoin code and lets users trade only Bitcoin with no other crypto supported. Trading Bitcoin is only one way–i.e. you can only buy and not sell. The buying feature also works through integration with a third-party platform known as MoonPay.
Users require registering with MoonPay to buy Bitcoin. MoonPay requires you to register by submitting personal information before you can buy Bitcoins. This is a lengthy process that happens in multiple steps that require verifying identity by uploading documents and scanning QR codes on your phone.
Recommended read =>> Buy Bitcoin with a credit card anonymously
Steps to trade cryptocurrency on Bitcoin.org:
a) Click on the Buy Bitcoin feature on the website.
b) Enter wallet address and click continue.
c) Verify your account by entering your email address on the next screen and click continue. A verification code will be sent to your email. Check the email, enter the code, and click continue. Enter the name, date of birth, and country of residence. Click continue and enter the address.
d) Link payment method.
e) Buy Bitcoin: In the next screen from step 3 of account verification and 4, you can come back and enter the amount needed and continue to pay. The crypto is sent to the specified wallet address.
- Multiple payment methods are accepted, including bank transfers, other cryptos, and credit and debit cards such as Visa, Maestro, and MasterCard. They also accept Apple Pay and Google Pay.
- View trade history on Bitcoin.org.
- Lengthy buying process.
- Immediate crypto buying within about 20 minutes to a few hours except for first-time verifications where it can take a few hours.
Fees: A flat fee of $4.99 + 3.5% for purchases of $141 and 7% for purchases above $141.
Best for bitcoin only and stock investors.
CashApp peer-to-peer money transfer service allows users to receive, send, and spend. Besides trading Bitcoin and not any other cryptocurrency. However, you can also trade stocks. It is only available for U.S. and U.K. customers.
Steps to trade crypto on CashApp:
a) Signup on the app.
b) Deposit funds/link fiat account: For this, click the bank icon on the bottom left, click Add Cash, enter an amount to add, enter the debit card number, link card and it will deposit automatically. It also allows bank transfers, but that takes some days.
c) Buy crypto: Go to Investing tab and click Bitcoin. Tap the trading screen, select Buy, enter the amount, and pay.
- Account protection via passcode, TouchID, or FaceID.
- Instant transfer from the app to a bank account without waiting for days, as happens with banks.
- Free virtual Visa debit card issued in minutes and a physical one in a week.
- Free to send and receive crypto.
- Support for stocks to allow investing in them. Buy and sell as you monitor portfolio performance.
Fees: It is free. Only a confirmation fee for the network is charged. 3% fee for depositing from credit cards.
Best for bitcoin peer-to-peer trading.
Bisq allows people to buy crypto for fiat using a desktop-based application. It is an exchange that works on a peer-to-peer basis and there is no need for identity verification. All the private keys to wallet addresses are secured by owners. It allows trade in just 10 minutes.
Steps to trade crypto on Bisq cryptocurrency exchange:
- Download the app and install it on your machine.
- Add a national currency and bank account or crypto account in which the buyer will pay you for the crypto. This takes place outside of the platform.
- Click market to access open trades and select one from the list of available trades. You can either take an existing offer or create a new one in the market.
- Peer-to-peer crypto exchange, meaning it allows you to use the most preferred not supported payment method when trading with peers.
- Fast enough to buy BTC with fiat.
- Supports only BTC and no other crypto.
Fees: 0.1% for makers and 0.3% for takers.
Best for crypto institution traders and investors.
Coinbase is a centralized but also an on-ramp crypto exchange with additional investment methods for those who like to invest in crypto in other ways other than trading. On it, you can stake and invest use dollar-cost averaging to invest in crypto. It not only supports multiple cryptocurrencies but also supports payment methods. It also has institutional-friendly products.
Steps to trade cryptocurrencies on Coinbase:
a) Create an account and fund with wallet or other cryptos: You will need to verify the account. You can then connect or link your bank accounts, debit cards, or even your PayPal account to buy cryptocurrencies with fiat.
b) Buy crypto: Click the Buy button, select the crypto you wish to buy, enter the amount of fiat you need to spend in the purchase, and select the payment method. Preview the purchase and continue to buy. You can set recurring purchases. You can start with as little as $2.
- Detailed trading platform with speculation charting, price monitoring, and alerting features.
- Mobile iOS and Android apps are available.
- Highly liquid.
Fees: From $0.99 for $10 or below to $2.99 for $200 or less. A flat 2.49% with Coinbase Card; 2% for credit transactions; up to 2% for crypto conversions; Debit cards up to 3.99% and PayPal up to 1%.
Best for speculative crypto trading and charting.
CEX.io allows users in about 99% of countries around the globe to trade over 80 digital assets but has additional investment products like staking, margin trading, and more. This is in addition to spot trading, where you can immediately exchange crypto for crypto on the spot.
The exchange also has products tailored for institutional traders and businesses. CEX.io combines fiat and crypto to crypto trading, allows you to deposit national currencies from your bank through wire and card transfers.
Steps to trade crypto on Cex.io:
a) Register and verify account: Basic account does not need verification and accepts only VISA and MasterCard fiat deposits. They also limit deposit and withdrawal amounts. You can upgrade by submitting verification documents.
b) Deposit fiat: You require linking your account to a bank or credit card and other fiat payment methods. You can pay in your local currency, though the amount is converted to the currency of your choice after depositing. From the Finance page, find and click the deposit button next to the currency you want to deposit.
Choose a payment method, then the currency, amount (check the total amount reflected which includes fees charged), then click on the card you want to use.
If using a bank card, then you need to first enter the CVV/CVC code and accept the terms, policies, and conditions of the transaction. Click deposit. Enter the 3DS code sent to your mobile via SMS or email to confirm the payment.
The deposit via cards will reflect immediately, so will Skrill payments, but bank deposits will take longer, usually 1 working day. ACH, SEPA, Faster Payments take lesser than a day.
c) Buy or sell crypto: Buying cryptocurrencies for this exchange is easy after depositing. Simply visit the market, select the trading pair you want (for instance, USD/BTC if you want to buy BTC with deposited USD, or ETH/BTC if you want to buy BTC for ETH on your wallet balance), choose whether you want to buy or sell, enter the desired price, and then buy or sell.
The crypto is exchanged immediately with other cryptos, or fiat deposited.
- 24/7 customer support and mobile access.
- GBP, USD, RUB, and USD fiat deposits supported via SEPA, Swift, Skrill, QIWI, Faster Payments, ACH, MasterCard, and Visa.
- Android and iOS apps are available. Hosted wallets available.
- Monthly staking reward payouts for different cryptocurrencies. Some cryptocurrencies have APYs as high as 20%.
- Crypto-backed loans – borrow up to 100 times your account balance to trade more assets even when you do not have as much money.
- Automated trading tools, advanced order execution, payment services, and others are more suitable for institutional traders.
Fees: 0.10-0.25% maker fees; 0-0.16% taker transaction fee (2.99% deposit)
Best for speculative crypto trading and charting.
Bitfinex is highly liquid and supports many assets for trading. The exchange features advanced trading tools like charting, technical indicators, and pattern recognition tools. It also has APIs through which traders and institutions can pull liquidity. Margin trading and funding helps people to multiply earned interests by loaning capital.
Steps to trade on Bitfinex:
a) Register on the platform and verify the account.
b) Deposit fiat via bank: From the deposit feature, select bank wire deposit and create a deposit notification by inputting the amount to deposit. The notification is reviewed within 48 hours If accepted, then send the money to your account by depositing it using the account bank details sent to you via email.
The minimum deposit is 10,000 for USD/EUR/GBP, 1,000,000 for JPY, and 75,000 for CNH and it will take some time to reflect in the account.
c) Trade crypto: Simply visit the market, select the pairs you need to trade, enter the amount you want to buy or sell and click buy or sell. The crypto will be deposited into your wallet.
- iOS, Android apps are available in addition to the web platform.
- Trade over 100 market pairs.
- MetaTrader 4 and MetaTrader 5 compatibility for advanced traders.
- GBP, EUR, JPY, and USD deposits only through wire transfers.
- Demo account.
- Leaderboards for most profitable traders, pulse social platform for traders and media partners to share insights and 3commas API keys.
Fees: Taker fee varies from 0.2% and 0.055% and maker from 0.1% to 0.0%.
Best for bitcoin and stock diversification.
Robinhood is an app for trading stocks, ETFs, and cryptocurrencies free of charge. It also allows people to trade crypto.
Steps to trade crypto on Robinhood:
a) Create an account.
b) Deposit money: You need to link a bank account. From the Account tab, click Banking, choose an account to transfer to from the Transfers menu, enter deposit amount, review, and submit. It accepts up to $50,000 per business day. Funds will appear as Pending until they are cleared in up to five business days.
You can also deposit your paycheck into a brokerage account if it has been approved for Cash Management. You can also move money from the ACH account number to the brokerage account.
c) Buy crypto: Tap on Trade from the cryptocurrency’s Detail page, then click on Buy, and Order Types. Select the order type and proceed to confirm and submit it.
- Mobile app available – iOS and Android in addition to the web platform.
Best for crypto loans and investment for regular income on holdings.
BlockFi lets users earn interest on their crypto holdings–between 3% and 8.6% compounding interest. It also offers low-interest crypto loans such that you avoid spending the crypto in existing market positions.
Steps to trade crypto on BlockFi:
a) Sign up for an account.
b) Deposit fiat: Go to fund account feature or deposit feature, select USD, click the deposit method you want to use, for example, bank wire, ACH. Link the account by adding your bank, fill in credentials and click continue. Click on the back deposit feature, enter an amount to deposit, select an account, and confirm the deposit. It reflects instantly.
c) Buy crypto: Select the crypto you want to buy from the list in the market. Then proceed to enter the amount and pay with the added payment method.
- Detailed exchange platform for fiat-crypto, and crypto-to-crypto exchange, and spot trading.
- Bitcoin rewards credit card that lets you earn 1.5% back in bitcoin on every purchase. The amount is reflected in your account.
- Its custodian service is Gemini, which is regulated by the New York State Department of Financial Services.
- Dollar cost averaging for daily, weekly, and monthly automatic crypto purchases.
Fees: Trading is free – withdrawal fees vary depending on crypto, for instance, 0.00075 BTC for Bitcoin and 0.02 ETH for Ethereum.
Best for speculative crypto trading and charting.
This exchange is highly liquid and complies with U.S laws. Users can deposit and withdraw fiat money only through wire transfers. Although a good crypto exchange, 0.1% of accounts are affected by suspensions, closures, or outright bans.
Steps to trade crypto on Bittrex:
a) Sign up with the exchange.
b) Deposit Bitcoin or Ethereum: Ensure to have bought Eth or BTC on a third-party crypto exchange with your fiat. From your account features, click on the Deposit and copy the deposit wallet address for Ethereum or Bitcoin. Send crypto from the third-party wallet to this address. It will reflect on your Bittrex wallet.
c) Trade or exchange the deposited crypto: You can then go to the exchange platform, select the trading pair against BTC or Ethereum, and set spot trade orders for the deposited crypto while speculating crypto prices and using charts and indicators. Otherwise, you can exchange deposited crypto with other cryptocurrencies or tokens.
- Detailed trading engine with advanced charting and price prediction tools and order types. This is in addition to instant crypto swapping.
- Over 400 altcoins are available for trading on the exchange besides Bitcoin, Ethereum, and USDT.
- Strict identity verification with many account suspensions.
- 2-factor authentication to secure accounts apart from the pin.
Fees: A 0.25% flat commission on all trades.
Best for speculative crypto trading and charting and investing in derivatives, stocks, and ETFs.
The greatest strength of this cryptocurrency trading platform is its technical analysis and statistical modeling of trading strategies. The desktop platform also packs the ability for customers to backtest their trading strategies and bots before launching. Otherwise, it is more suitable for advanced traders.
It also facilitates the trading of online equity, ETFs, or OTCBB (penny stock) trades.
Also read =>> Best Penny Cryptocurrency Stocks
Steps to trade crypto on TradeStation:
a) Sign up on this platform.
b) Deposit fiat on the exchange: The exchange allows you to fund your account with fiat through wire transfer (takes a day), checks, and Smart Transfer or ACH.
c) Trade crypto: You can then buy crypto with deposited fiat or other cryptos by accessing and selecting the right pair from the market.
- Charting and technical analysis tools, order types, and other features.
- Education and community are known as YouCanTrade.
- TradeStation Crypto Inc. brokerage firm.
- TradingApp store provides additional ad-on products from third parties and platform developers.
- iOS and Android mobile apps are available for the platform along with the web platform.
Fees: 0.3% per trade for accounts with balances of $100,000 or less.
Through this Bitcoin Exchanges tutorial, we suggest you check eToro, TradeStation, and Robinhood if you want to easily switch diversification from crypto to stock and other assets. Otherwise, for detailed speculation trading charting, and diverse order types, please check Binance, Coinbase, Gemini, Kraken, Bittrex, Bitstamp, and Bitfinex.
However, Coinbase and Gemini may be preferable if you want to exchange dollars and another fiat directly to crypto and pay via various payment methods without having to sign up with another platform to do the exchanging of fiat with crypto.
Bisq is the best peer-to-peer exchange for trading crypto at very low fees.
Time Taken to Research and Write This Article: 15 Hours
Total Tools Initially Shortlisted for Review: 30
Total Tools Researched Online: 15