Are you thinking of a marketplace where you can create, sell, or buy Bitcoin NFTs? This tutorial discusses the Best Bitcoin NFT Marketplaces to Buy Bitcoin NFTs:
Bitcoin NFTs are those created and traded on the Bitcoin blockchain. Better still, Bitcoin NFT marketplaces allow users to pay transaction fees and purchase fees with Bitcoin in addition to other cryptocurrencies.
Stacks paved the way for the creation of smart contracts secured by the Bitcoin blockchain, making it possible to support dApps and NFT smart contracts. The Taproot upgrade allowed for the creation of ordinals, which allow users to make inscriptions on each satoshi of a Bitcoin. Stacks are now home to Bitcoin NFT marketplaces like Gamma.io.
Unfortunately, not many NFT marketplaces allow users to create and subsequently trade Bitcoin NFTs. This tutorial discusses the top Bitcoin NFT marketplaces where you can create, sell, and/or buy Bitcoin NFTs.
What You Will Learn:
- Bitcoin NFT Marketplaces – Top Rated
- FAQs on Bitcoin NFT
- List of the BEST Bitcoin NFT Marketplaces
Bitcoin NFT Marketplaces – Top Rated
How Bitcoin NFTs Work
- Bitcoin NFTs are created through ordinals which allow arbitrary data to be embedded in the satoshis. These inscribed satoshis can then be transferred using Bitcoin transactions. The transactions, addresses, and UTXOs involved act as normal BTC transactions. The only exception is that to send individual satoshis, transactions must control the order and value of inputs and outputs according to ordinal theory.
- Inscription data is added to the witness data (where signatures and other data required in unlocking the spending of UTXO are stored) and there is no size restriction on such data following Taproot and Segwit upgrades. Envelope is the name of the mechanism used to store the inscription data which is a bitcoin script written in such a way that it won’t be run. The inscription is made on the first satoshi of the first output of a transaction where the envelope is revealed, which happens only upon spending.
- With Bitcoin NFT marketplaces, this does not have to be painstaking or require coding but only uploading the files via a web interface, specifying a wallet address, and naming the NFT.
- Unlike in the case of Ethereum NFTs, which depend on off-chain data, Bitcoin NFT data is inscribed directly on-chain. This means the files are saved on the blockchain. Proponents say this ensures data is permanently stored, but critics argue that the introduction of such files could bog down confirmation times and thus increase transaction costs. Ordinals can not only make satoshis unequal, they argue, but also could alter the value of satoshis.
- Ordinal inscriptions or NFTs minted on the Bitcoin blockchain have been increasing greatly since the start of February following the popularity of the protocol which was authored recently, and they currently stand at 161, 562 as of February, with the most common type.
- The increasing number of inscriptions shows the potential for Bitcoin NFTs and on February 9, 20,000 inscriptions were made in a single day.
- The total fee spent in minting NFTs on Bitcoin now stands at over $1.17 million as of February 2023 as per the chart below. The daily average is about $70,000.
- Bitcoin Taproot usage has also increased by leaps and bounds since January 2023.
- You want to be sure that an NFT marketplace supports creating/minting, buying, selling, and storing Bitcoin NFTs because most do not. Bitcoin NFT marketplaces allow the creation of smart contracts on the Bitcoin network.
- It is possible to mint Bitcoin NFTs on a marketplace and promote or sell them on other marketplaces, though the process is now complicated via APIs. For a marketplace that supports the minting of Bitcoin NFTs, you can confirm if they allow this. For those that do not allow the minting or creation of Bitcoin NFTs, you can confirm that they allow the sale of Bitcoin NFTs from other marketplaces.
- Other factors to consider when selecting these marketplaces are commissions, access fees, features, etc.
FAQs on Bitcoin NFT
Q #1) What are NFTs in Bitcoin?
Answer: Bitcoin non-fungible tokens are unique tokens developed on the Bitcoin blockchain representing artwork, games, videos, 3D work, real estate, etc. Each of these tokens cannot be exchanged for another but can be traded for cryptos such as Bitcoin or fiat currencies like USD.
In Bitcoin, they are inscribed on each satoshi that adheres to Bitcoin transaction tradition and utilizes smart contracts.
Q #2) Are NFTs possible on Bitcoin?
Answer: Bitcoin NFTs is now possible after the latest upgrades on Bitcoin to allow smart contracts execution – segregated witness and taproot upgrades allowed the Ordinals Protocol to be launched, enabling the inscription of data on individual satoshis.
The Stacks blockchain also allows users to run smart contracts and Bitcoin NFTs are also being built on Stacks. One of the places to build Bitcoin NFTs is the Gamma.io NFT marketplace.
Q #3) Where to buy Bitcoin NFTs
Answer: Gamma.io is one of the largest Bitcoin NFT marketplaces today. It allows people to not only create and mint BTC NFTs but also buy and sell them with native Bitcoin transactions.
Furthermore, there is no limit to how much information you can append to satoshis when creating Bitcoin NFTs on the marketplaces. These NFTs can be bought on other marketplaces as well.
Other marketplaces to find & buy bitcoin-secured Stacks NFTs are Byzantion, Superfandom, and Stacksart which are also based on Stacks. Many more NFT marketplaces famous for Ethereum NFTs will likely follow suit and start allowing the trade of BTC NFTs.
Q #4) How does an NFT make money?
Answer: NFTs make money by being traded through speculation methods just like any other crypto, or after the underlying asset which they represent, gains value. You can create an NFT from scratch and sell it to make money and even set it to receive ongoing royalties as a form of income every time it is sold on the secondary market.
Q #5) Is an NFT a good investment?
Answer: NFTs are a good investment if you are a celebrity or famous person artist/developer/footballer or some institution/group with some fame to depend upon and generate some hype on your NFTs.
Otherwise, Bitcoin NFTs or crypto NFTs are still a good investment for people who buy NFTs from known/popular creators first-hand and then resell them on a secondary market while it still has value or the hype is still on. dApp developers are also making money creating apps that facilitate the creation and trading of NFTs.
Q #6) Can NFTs make you rich?
Answer: Many people have made money due to the current NFT hype. Most NFTs sold on secondary markets and by many artists are based on hype, so their value could increase and you could make money if you take advantage of the opportunity. Few others have their value falling and some remain unsold for quite a long time.
Q #7) Can NFTs make you lose money?
Answer: Most Bitcoin NFT marketplaces charge money to mint and sell a Bitcoin NFT (ideally less than $5). If it cannot, therefore, be bought, you end up losing a very small amount of the money charged in the transaction and minting costs.
Additionally, if you buy an NFT from an artist or on the secondary market and it does not sell or its value drops significantly, you end up losing some money. The same applies if you are scammed.
Q #8) Which blockchain is best for the NFT marketplace?
Answer: Ethereum is so far the best blockchain for NFTs followed by Solana, and Polygon. Other blockchains on which NFTs are continually being built include Flow and Cardano. NFTs are also emerging as a very important use case for the Bitcoin blockchain because it now supports these kinds of smart contracts.
Q #9) What is the safest NFT Marketplace?
Answer: Bitcoin NFT marketplace Gamma.io is one of the safest places to build and trade NFTs given that there aren’t many scams. This compares to the majority of now-dominant NFT marketplaces where scamming is the order of the day.
A majority of NFT marketplaces with user vetting including Crypto.com, SuperRare, and KnowOrigin are mentioned as some of the safest to build and trade NFTs.
Q #10) What is the best NFT Marketplace for beginners?
Answer: The best NFT marketplaces for beginners include OpenSea, which is used by the majority of beginners in NFT building and trading; Gamma.io, GameStop, Rarible, Binance NFT, which is the cheapest NFT marketplace among many; and Coinbase NFT. These do not require user vetting before a user can start building and trading NFTs.
List of the BEST Bitcoin NFT Marketplaces
Popular and remarkable NFT Marketplace for Bitcoins:
- Gamma.io (Recommended)
- Axie Infinity
- Binance NFT
- Coinbase NFT
- Crypto.com NFT
Comparison Table of Top Bitcoin NFTs
|NFT marketplace||Create/mint Bitcoin NFT?||Trade Bitcoin NFT?||Type of NFTs||Commission|
|Gamma.io||Yes||Yes||Art, games, music, trading cards, photography, sports, and bitcoin domain names.||10% on the first sale if the no-code tool was used. 2% on secondary sales.|
|OpenSea||No||No||Art, games, music, trading cards, photography, sports, and Ethereum domain names.||2.5% on every transaction|
|GameStop||No||No||Stickers, TV series, digital art, music, collectibles, photography, trading cards, sports, and utilities.||2.25% on every transaction|
|Rarible||No||No||Art, photography, music, games, metaverses, domains, and DeFi||2.5% per transaction|
#1) Gamma.io (Recommended)
Best for Bitcoin NFT and art collectors.
Gamma.io specializes in Bitcoin NFTs allowing users to not only trade but also create NFTs on Bitcoin. Although the majority of transactions are made using STX, the token for Stacks on which Gamma.io is based. It is also possible to make Bitcoin transactions for minting and trading NFTs through LNSwap.org (which utilizes the Bitcoin Lightning network).
Stacks make it possible for Gamma.io users to create NFT smart contracts. Gamma.io also makes it easy for users to create ordinals, which allow users to make inscriptions on each satoshi of a Bitcoin.
It is one of the best places to find & buy Bitcoin NFTs. All the data being inscribed on the Bitcoin blockchain means they are safer than NFTs based on Ethereum or other blockchains.
While the Taproot upgrade on the BTC blockchain made it possible for anyone to inscribe arbitrary content to create unique artifacts that can be stored in Bitcoin wallets and transferred using Bitcoin transactions, Gamma.io makes it easy by allowing a user to simply upload content and create such artifacts, no-code needed.
Cryptocurrencies Supported: Bitcoin and STX tokens.
NFT Types: Art, collectibles, games, music, trading cards, photography, sports, and bitcoin domain names.
Pricing and Auction Style: Fixed price, custom offers, timed and English-style auctions.
- Ability to connect to an external wallet. It supports Stacks and Ethereum wallets.
- NFT Collections and the ability for users to mint from created collections.
- User profiles and a social platform. People can customize their profiles and see and follow those of others. They can see their blockchain activity.
- NFT on-chain metrics allow traders and investors alike to make necessary decisions.
- NFT auctions.
- Bitcoin Naming System (BNS) domains can be traded on the platform.
- Create a minting page for your collections. Make your collections easy to discover by traders and minters.
- Set custom royalties for your NFTs.
- IPFS for decentralized storage of NFT files.
How to create, buy, and sell NFTs on Gamma.io:
Step #1: Connect a new or existing Stacks or Ethereum wallet. You will need to send STX or buy some from exchanges like Coinbase.
Step #2: To create an NFT, visit create.gamma.io. To buy, click on the Explore button on the homepage and see the list of NFTs in the marketplace based on your preferred criteria. You can also search for collections by their names or see the top collections right from the home page.
To sell an NFT you own, simply visit your profile to see it, click on it, and click List. This is the same case for the NFTs you created. To mint an NFT, simply visit the collection page and click Mint.
- Hosts the highest number of Bitcoin smart contracts and NFTs.
- The social platform allows people to share and connect on NFTs.
- On-chain NFT metrics help users to make relevant decisions.
- Allows users to list, market, and trade NFTs in other marketplaces.
- Hosts and allows the creation of a variety of NFTs.
- The commission for using the no-code tool is 10% on the initial sale. The commission on subsequent sales is 2%.
Verdict: Gamma.io makes it possible for users to create Bitcoin NFTs, not just trade them. They can also use the social platform with their web 3 identities and connect with like-minded parties.
Best for Ethereum-based NFT and art collectors.
OpenSea is based on Ethereum by default, although it also supports Matic and Klay blockchains on which users can also mint NFTs. It lets users create NFTs and collections simply by uploading media and then customizing the NFT as they wish. NFTs are free to create until you sell.
When creating an NFT, you can choose to deploy your contract on the platform and let your community mint your NFTs or mint using the OpenSea contract.
It also supports and facilitates the sale of NFTs that involve the transfer of physical goods and properties. The marketplace is one of the largest for NFT traders with over 4 million NFTs across 200+ categories. It is great for beginners who want to craft NFTs quickly without any coding knowledge.
However, it pays up to only 10% on royalties, those who want to earn income from the secondary sale of their NFTs may not find it a very good place due to the low royalty payout.
Blockchain: Ethereum, Matic, Klay.
Cryptocurrencies Supported: ETH, Matic, DAI, USDCC, and Revv.
NFT Types: Art, virtual land, media, trading cards, photography, sports, and Ethereum domain names.
Pricing and Auction Style: Fixed price, custom offers, timed and English-style auctions.
- Set custom royalties of up to 10% to earn on secondary sales of your NFTs. This can be done by editing the Creator Earnings on your NFTs.
- Connect your social accounts to your collections. Go to your Profile->My Collections->Social connections.
- Freeze your metadata (item names, media, descriptions, data, stats, properties, etc) to make it accessible permanently on decentralized storage.
- Sell and enable buying of your NFTs with a variety of crypto (ETH, Matic, DAI, USDCC, and Revv).
- Transfer and sell NFTs to other NFT marketplaces.
- Buy with a credit or debit card but through a third-party payment method MoonPay.
- NFT tax reports and filings. Get tax-free reports for up to 50 transactions than 10% off of everything else.
- Guide on how to use the platform.
- Gas-free buying and minting.
- Lazy minting means NFTs are not created on blockchain yet until they are bought for the first time. This allows for avoiding gas fees when minting.
How to create, buy and sell NFTs on OpenSea:
Step #1: Open an account by connecting a wallet at opensea.io/login. You need to connect to a wallet (MetaMask, Coinbase, Bitkeep, Bitski, Dapper, Core, etc). You will need to have a balance in your wallet.
To create an NFT, go to your profile and click/tap Create, enter details, upload content, and proceed to further customize. To create a collection, go to your Profile->My Collections->Create a collection.
Choose to deploy your contract or use the OpenSea contract, fill in the collection details, and upload the data required. You can choose to deploy on Ethereum, Polygon, Solana, or Klayton blockchains.
To sell NFT, you need to list an owned NFT to the marketplace by simply clicking on it and clicking on the List/sell button and specifying the pricing, auction information, etc.
To buy, browse the items from the marketplace, click/tap on an item>Buy Now or Add to Cart. Choose Added to Cart and proceed to complete the purchase. You can also send it to a different wallet address. You can also make an offer or bid for items listed for auction.
You can also browse NFTs according to their categories, see trending ones from the home page, or according to blockchains from the Chains section and select the blockchain from which you want to buy NFTs. It will list NFTs on that blockchain. Choose your payment method, review your fees, enter payment information, and proceed to purchase.
- Low commission of just 2.5%.
- Allows creating NFTs on multiple blockchains. The process is easy. It also allows sorting NFTs per blockchain on which they are created. This is in addition to allowing sorting per category.
- A vast collection of NFTs. Trusted by hundreds of thousands of NFT traders. Supports a variety of NFTs like art, games, virtual land, music, trading cards, photography, sports, and domain names.
- Low royalty payouts.
Commission: 2.5% on every transaction.
Verdict: OpenSea is great for those who want to create NFTs easily on more blockchains than just Ethereum although it supports 4 blockchains for now. It provides excellent NFT customization including a feature to edit NFT and collection properties and store them on a decentralized network.
Best for Ethereum-based NFT and art collectors.
GameStop is a gaming (gaming systems like PlayStation, Nintendo, etc) retailer company that has since entered the crypto and NFT space. The NFT marketplace was launched in 2022. It lets users mint, sell, and purchase NFTs on a version of the Ethereum blockchain.
The Loopring Ethereum layer-2 scaling solution on which it is built manages high transaction speed and low transaction fees.
Since it does not support Ethereum natively, the minted NFTs can only be traded in the marketplace and nowhere else. Nevertheless, it contains hundreds of NFT collections and 55,000+ rare NFTs.
Blockchain: Ethereum, and Loopring.
Cryptocurrencies Supported: ETH.
NFT Types: Stickers, TV series, digital art, music, collectibles, photography, trading cards, sports, and utilities.
Pricing and Auction Style: Fixed price, custom offers, timed and English-style auctions.
- Supports GameStop browser extension wallet, WalletConnect, and MetaMask.
- Only ETH crypto is supported for buying and selling NFTs.
- Different types of NFTs include stickers, TV series, digital art, music, collectibles, photography, trading cards, sports, and utilities.
- NFT files are stored on IPFS decentralized file storage system.
- The Stats section allows you to see collections and artists with the biggest moves in the marketplace (daily, weekly, and monthly trending).
- Set a percentage royalty to receive from your NFTs, up to 10%.
How to create, buy and sell NFTs on GameStop:
Step #1: Connect an Ethereum wallet such as MetaMask. Buy or send ETH to your wallet after activating the layer 2 wallets.
You can also download the GameStop wallet extension, connect to the marketplace, and choose the Buy ETH with Card option to buy with a credit or debit card. You can also transfer ETH to the L2 account from your L1 ETH wallet by selecting that option.
Step #2: Go to your profile and activate Loopring layer 2.
Go to Profile->Deposit Eth.
To create and sell NFTs, you need to fill out the Creator Induction Form and wait for the approval. Connect a wallet after approval by clicking on the Create button from the homepage.
Click the + icon to create an NFT that must be in the collection. NFTs are reviewed for approval before minting. Click the Mint button after reviewing. Review the transaction fee and proceed to mint; set the price. You can also edit the NFT collection from the Edit collection button on a given collection.
To buy NFTs, click Explore, select an NFT, and click the Buy Now button. Click the checkout button to review gas fees and confirm the transaction.
- Low transaction fees.
- User-friendly interface.
- The platform has an easy-to-use non-custodial wallet that can also be used to store ETH.
- NFTs created on this marketplace can’t be sold elsewhere.
- Low loyalty payouts (10%).
Commission: 2.25% on every transaction, in addition to the ETH gas fees.
Verdict: GameStop NFT marketplace supports the creation of NFTs on Loopring Ethereum scaling layer 2 solutions and hence the NFTs are limited in terms of the places they can be sold. However, it features a user-friendly interface, a non-custodial wallet in which you can keep ETH safe.
Best for those interested in creating and trading NFTs on more than one blockchain.
Rarible NFT marketplace allows artists/creators and ordinary users to create, collect, and trade NFTs (art, photography, music, games, metaverses, domains, and DeFi). You can buy NFTs from other people and resell them, and/or create NFTs and earn royalties from the same.
Through MoonPay, you can pay with a debit card, credit card, and other fiat payment methods in addition to ETH. You can also connect an existing ETH wallet, send crypto into it, and spend it to purchase NFTs instead of going the MoonPay way.
Blockchain: Ethereum and Loopring.
Cryptocurrencies Supported: ETH, MATIC, FLOW, or XTZ cryptos.
NFT Types: Digital art, photography, gaming, and the metaverse.
Pricing and Auction Style: Fixed price, custom offers, timed and English-style auctions.
- Has own platform token called Rari. Earn Rari tokens weekly when you list, buy or sell NFTs. These tokens give governance rights. Get incentives for locking RARI tokens.
- Mobile app to browse NFTs on the go.
- Mint on different blockchains – Ethereum, Flow, Tezos, and Polygon.
- Pay with ETH, MATIC, FLOW, or XTZ cryptos.
- Also, view and sell your NFTs on OpenSea.
- Lazy minting ensures you do not pay gas fees to mint an NFT.
- Voluntary verification — Profile verification and validation add authenticity.
- Creators can set royalties of 5% – 10%.
- Add unlockable content such as web links, vector files, etc. This is optional.
- Optional gas-free minting while creating NFT.
How to create, buy and sell NFTs on Rarible:
Step #1: Connect your wallet. Coinbase, MyEtherWallet, Torus, Portis, Wallet Connect, or Formatic.
To create and sell an NFT, click Create, choose either single or multiple under Create Collectible option, upload files, choose the sale type, and proceed to create. If you select Choose Collection, proceed to fill in the required details, upload the files, and click on Create item.
To purchase NFTs, visit the page, scroll down to see NFTs, select your choice (or search for specific creations and creators), and click the Buy or Place a bid button. Connect a wallet or create one. Buy ETH through MoonPay or send crypto to the connected ETH wallet. After ETH is deposited into the wallet, click Proceed to Payment button.
- Credit and debit card payments as well as other fiat payment options.
- Multi-wallet function.
- Low commission of 2.5% per transaction.
- Both the seller and buyer pay a commission of 2.5% per transaction.
- Limited types of NFTs — you may not find domain names, sports collectibles, and music and video NFTs. It partners with celebrities who avail their NFTs on the platform.
Commission: 2.5% per transaction paid by both the seller and buyer.
Verdict: Rarible NFT marketplace is easy to use for creating, buying, and selling NFTs on different blockchains (Ethereum, Flow, Tezos, and Polygon), allowing one to pay using four different cryptos in addition to credit and debit cards, although they limit the number of NFTs that can be created and traded.
Best for NFT marketplace comparisons across pricing and usage metrics.
DappRadar is not an NFT marketplace but lists various NFT marketplaces and provides related data and metrics on their usage. In other words, it ranks and analyzes NFT marketplaces for users who need to compare them. You can also view top-ranking and performing NFT collections and sales and fractional NFTs.
Blockchain: Ethereum, Bitcoin, Polygon, Cardano, Flow, Ronin, and dozens of others.
Cryptocurrencies Supported: ETH, BTC, MATIC, FLOW, XTZ, and many other cryptos.
NFT Types: All types and not limited to art, photography, music, games, metaverses, domains, and DeFi.
Pricing and Auction Style: Auction, fixed price purchases, timed, offers, English auctions, etc.
- Key metrics for NFT marketplaces include average prices, traders, and volume.
- It provides hourly, daily, monthly, and all-time rankings for NFT marketplaces.
- Ranks NFT marketplaces based on the blockchains they support or on which they are built.
- View top collections by floor price, average price, market cap, traders, and sales. They are also ranked hourly, daily, monthly, and all-time.
- View top NFT sales by pricing, including the addresses from and to where. They are ranked hourly, daily, monthly, and all-time.
- View and track top NFT wallets and their net worth.
- Track top fractionalized NFTs, their market cap, liquidity, price, and total supply.
- Compares market data of NFT marketplaces and their performance.
- Provides a list of top sales and collections ranked per hour, day, month, and all-time.
- Is not an NFT marketplace.
Commission: Not applicable.
Verdict: DappRadar is excellent for NFT marketplace comparisons, allowing traders to compare Bitcoin NFT marketplaces across a wide range of metrics. You can see popular sales and collections as well as make the best trading decisions as a trader and investor.
#6) Axie Infinity
Best for NFT gamers and collectors interested in one type of NFT.
Axie Infinity is merely a play-to-earn NFT game where players can play (on Android, iOS, and Windows) using Axies NFT assets. Gamers earn AXS and SLP tokens while playing, logging in, and completing daily adventures and games. These tokens can be exchanged for other cryptos in the marketplace.
Axies can be bought on the Axie Infinity Marketplace and at least three are needed to get started in playing the game (side quests and PvE games). Of course, each of these has certain characteristics that make them suitable for combat games. They can also be reared like digital pets and sold for ETH on the marketplace.
- Virtual land and items. Virtual land and in-game items can also be traded.
- Based on Ethereum and Ronin sidechains.
- Ronin Wallet and MetaMask wallets are required. The marketplace supports ETH as payment crypto.
- Breed Axies to create new digital pets.
- Playable on Windows, iOS, and Android.
- Earning possible though requires a good amount of time and effort.
- Capped earnings on AXS and SLP tokens.
- High entry costs with the three Axies needed to start playing cost $500 or more.
- High fees of 5.2% per transaction for sellers.
- Only one type of NFT.
Commission: 5.2% per transaction for sellers.
Verdict: Axie Infinity offers a play-to-earn NFT gaming experience except that it has high entry fees, offers limited options for authors and creators who want to create different types of NFTs, and charges high fees.
Website: Axie Infinity
#7) Binance NFT
Best for low-fee NFT trading.
Binance offers ordinary NFT creating, collecting, and trading features but sets itself apart with its low transaction fee. It charges just 1% per transaction which is lower than charged by most competitors.
Also, Binance is already a crypto exchange that supports fiat deposits and crypto purchases so it is easy to purchase NFTs with fiat on the platform in addition to buying with crypto (Binance USD, Binance Coin, and Ethereum).
It allows pre-approved artists to mint and sells their NFTs. It supports deploying NFT smart contracts on Binance Smart Chain and Ethereum blockchain, and users can store them on WalletConnect, MetaMask, and Binance Chain wallets.
- Creators can earn a 1% royalty from secondary sales of their NFTs.
- Art, sports, gaming, entertainment, collectibles, NFT for Good, premium. Has a particular focus on gaming NFTs. Mystery boxes are also sold on the platform and could contain rare or common NFTs.
- Ape NFT staking program where NFT owners can earn daily ApeCoin rewards.
- Buy NFTs from third-party platforms on the Binance NFT platform.
- NFT airdrops with the ability for subscriptions from users. In other words, users can subscribe to buy their favorite NFTs from the latest airdrops.
- Binance NFT Mini app offers a mobile website experience in the marketplace.
- Buy using fiat deposit methods such as credit cards and debit cards but through the exchange.
- Wide range of NFTs.
- Low royalty payouts (1%).
Commission: 1% per transaction in addition to gas fees. The minting fee on Binance Chain is 0.0000001 BNB.
Verdict: Being the world’s largest crypto by trading volume and user base puts the Binance NFT marketplace in a good lead position for authors and creators who need to create, sell, and earn royalties from their NFTs. This is in addition to the fact that it charges lower fees of 1% compared to the majority of NFT marketplaces in the world.
Website: Binance NFT
Best for artists, creators, and traders of exclusive NFTs.
SuperRare is for serious artists and creators, given that the work sold it is quite expensive and so are the commissions at 3% buyer fees, and 15% gallery fees for the artists. Carefully picked authors and creators can mint and sell NFTs on the platform.
The platform employs the Ethereum blockchain and users can connect MetaMask, Wallet Connect, and Formatic Ethereum wallets. That said, it supports payment with Ethereum crypto. It also trades mainly digital art and not any other NFT types.
- A gallery receives a 10% commission on the first sale.
- Artists receive a 10% royalty on each subsequent sale of their NFT.
- SuperRare specializes in rare NFTs and single-edition pieces from chosen artists. No general metaverse land, music, videos, or sports collectibles.
- Fixed price and open offers on NFTs.
- High-quality unique art.
- Partnerships with artists in traditional art.
- Great for those looking for royalty payments (10% on every subsequent sale of their NFTs).
- High fees.
- Not beginner friendly.
- Invite-only for artists.
- Limited NFT types.
Commission: 3% buyer fees, and 15% gallery fees for the artists.
Verdict: SuperRare is most suitable for experienced collectors and fine art curators/investors. Collectors can find high-quality art although it comes at a cost and investors/artists can leverage the platform’s digital curation tools to craft unique art and earn from it.
#9) Coinbase NFT
Best for NFT social trading. Trading NFTs for fiats and many other cryptos.
Coinbase is one of the Bitcoin NFT marketplaces that offer regular tools for creating, buying, and selling NFTs, but sets itself apart from its NFT social trading features. As such, traders and collectors can keep in touch using the create profile, likes, comments, and follow functions of the marketplace.
Coinbase NFT marketplace is still in beta although there are over 100,000 items available for trading on the marketplace. It currently supports the Ethereum blockchain, and users can pay through Coinbase Pay and Wallet.
The fact that it supports fiat deposits means it is relatively easy to buy NFTs with fiat by depositing it on the exchange and buying crypto for purchasing NFTs.
- Buy directly or make an offer to buy NFT at your chosen price.
- NFT drops from timed releases of NFTs. You can also set it to receive updates about particular drops.
- Currently, prices of NFTs are given in both dollars and ETH but payable in ETH only.
- Types of NFTs include domain names, art, music, collectibles, and virtual worlds (on platforms like Sandbox and Decentraland).
- Supports connecting multiple wallets supports most major wallets either directly or indirectly.
- Free to buy and use.
- Minting functionality is unavailable yet.
Commission: 0%. Only pay ETH transaction gas fees.
Verdict: Coinbase offers an NFT marketplace backed by a reputable crypto exchange, although users are limited in terms of what they can currently do on the platform because it is still in beta.
Website: Coinbase NFT
Best for digital art collectors, co-creation, and royalty sharing, and rare NFTs.
The foundation marketplace for NFTs focuses on digital creations art, videos, 3D pieces, images, etc. It allows users to create, collect, and trade NFTs artists can pay 15% as a commission off of their minted assets. They can also receive 10% royalties from each of the subsequent sales of their NFTs.
Artists and creators can also share royalties through the Split functionality (an artist can split it with up to three others by providing four wallet addresses. He/she can also specify the percentage split for each). The platform is very selective on who should create artifacts there. As a result, there are fewer NFTs than on other platforms.
The Foundation supports the Ethereum blockchain and NFTs can only be purchased using Ethereum. It allows connecting MetaMask or WalletConnect (which supports over 100 other wallets). Ethereum is the only payment crypto supported.
- Fixed price NFTs, reserve auctions, and NFT for offers.
- NFT auctions. Auctions run for 24 hours each. NFT sellers set a reserved price that must be met for the auction to begin.
- New artists are invited by artists already using the platform.
- Create a collection as an artist and customize the collection’s page.
- Creator profile includes a profile photo, displays bidding history, includes social media links, and shows the creator’s work on the Foundation.
- Track the first buyer of art, which makes it possible to track the original owner of the art.
- Search and filter, browse specific collectors and collections.
- IPFS decentralized file storage.
- Community driven.
- Blog and faq section as well as customer service that makes things easy to do.
- Transfer NFTs to other Ethereum NFT marketplaces.
- Expensive minting fees.
- One payment method- Ethereum.
- Service fee for selling NFTs.
- Can’t add additional content to your NFTs.
Verdict: Foundation is a bit expensive for creators but also allows people to find authentic and original NFTs.
Best for rare and exclusive NFTs from selected artists.
KnownOrigin, which is based in Ethereum and allows minting on the ETH blockchain, creates partnerships with known artists who can then create rare art NFTs. They pay 15% on the primary sale to the platform. It supports creating and listing images, GIFs, and videos as types of NFTs. However, users can purchase with ETH and no other crypto.
Authors and creators can offer NFTs for sale through auctions, instant sales, and make-offer options. They can also set to receive royalties of up to 10% on secondary sales of their NFTs. However, the platform charges a 2.5% transaction fee for all secondary transactions.
- Support MetaMask and WalletConnect wallets. Other wallets supported are Formatic, Portis, and Coinbase wallets.
- Creators need to make applications and sometimes those applications are closed.
- NFT drops.
- Search collections, sort NFTs by trending NFTs, search for individual users, view the hall of fame of top sales and values, etc.
- Embedded NFTs: These NFTs have layers of value. In other words, you can embed other NFTs into the parent NFT or add other types of tokens through the creator portal. This will be done in a few clicks.
- Working with exclusive authors means the platform offers quality NFTs and digital art.
- Supports multiple wallets.
- One of the oldest NFT marketplaces.
- High commission: 15% although it is standard for gallery-style marketplaces.
- Accepts Eth for transaction fees and purchases.
Commission: Creators pay 15% at the point of sale. 2.5% transaction fee for all secondary sales. Other fees paid include a minting fee, a gas fee paid upon accepting an offer, gas fee paid when buying an NFT.
Verdict: KnownOrigin is selective in terms of artists allowed to mint and trade NFTs on it, but that assures high-quality NFTs. Despite this, it charges very high fees.
#12) Crypto.com NFT
Best for free NFT minting, safe NFT trading, and trading with multiple fiat and crypto payment methods.
Crypto.com sets itself apart from the rest of Bitcoin NFT marketplaces by charging no commission on NFT sales. It is a place to go for NFT airdrops from featured creators. Although the transactions are recorded on the Crypto.com chain, the marketplace supports four blockchains (the other three are Ethereum, Cronos, and Polygon).
Creators need to apply to create and sell NFTs, and they pay $3 for submission to the NFT marketplace. However, there are no minting and trading fees, and no gas fees when paying with the Crypto.com app. However, creators need to wait for 72 hours to have a mint completed. Crypto.com allows fixed prices and auction modes to sell NFTs.
Crypto.com supports multiple payment methods, including fiat methods like credit and debit cards, for those who want to buy NFTs. This is in addition to paying with over 20 cryptos. It also supports connecting many different wallets.
- Multiple types of NFTs – art, celebrity, crypto, gaming, music, and sports.
- Sort NFTs by category. You can also see collections from popular artists.
- Verified account and creator application needed to mint an NFT.
- Accepts only five formats: JPEG, JPG, PNG, GIF, and webp.
- 15% primary listing fee when your self-minted NFT is sold for the first time.
- 10% royalties to creators for secondary sales of their NFTs.
- 30-day freeze period for new creators when NFT account balances and self-minted NFTs can’t be withdrawn.
- NFT airdrop schedule and news.
- No gas fees when paying through the Crypto.com app.
- Supports four blockchains, multiple crypto wallets, and multiple cryptos to pay with.
- Credit and debit card payments are accepted.
- High primary listing and submission fees.
- Must apply to become an NFT creator. There is a 72-hour waiting period.
- Only five media file formats are supported.
Commission: 3% submission and 15% primary listing fee.
Verdict: Crypto.com is one of the Bitcoin NFT marketplaces that suit beginners, although experienced creators may find the 72-hour mint waiting period and the 30-day account freeze on new accounts demanding.
This tutorial discussed the top Bitcoin NFT marketplaces. To be fair, the only real Bitcoin NFT marketplace is Gamma.io because it allows the creation of NFTs on the Bitcoin network through the Stacks programming layer and ordinals.
In addition to allowing NFTs to be created on the Bitcoin blockchain, Gamma.io allows you to market and trade them on other marketplaces.
If selecting these marketplaces for your Bitcoin NFTs then you should consider fees, of which Binance, Coinbase, and Crypto.com appear to win, followed by OpenSea, Gamestop, and Rarible.
The latter three win in terms of popularity, NFT-type diversity, and trading volume. OpenSea, GameStop, Binance, and Coinbase, also do not have initial strict sign-up requirements for beginners.
- Total Bitcoin NFT Marketplaces Initially Listed for Review: 30
- Total Bitcoin NFT Marketplaces Shortlisted: 12
- Time Taken to Research this article on Bitcoin NFT Marketplaces: 24 hours