Review, compare and select from the list of the best Crypto Trading Bots to automate your Crypto trading strategies and amplify profits:
Bots are automated computer programs designed to run specific tasks with minimal human intervention. In the world of cryptocurrency trading, crypto trading bots do the work of trading either one or multiple cryptocurrencies on one or multiple platforms automatically on behalf of the owner or user.
They are used to automate trading strategies and applied for purposes of amplifying trading profits.
Our tutorial serves those who have been asking whether crypto trading bots work or those in need of trading bots for crypto.
What You Will Learn:
- Crypto Trading Bots Review
- What are the Best Crypto Trading Bots
- Frequently Asked Questions
- List of the Best Crypto Trading Bots
Crypto Trading Bots Review
- The best trading bots are profitable and allow as much customization by users. It helps to select a bot that suits your level of trading. They support multiple strategies and integrate social trading to allow the buying or use of free third-party signals, and are definitely tried and tested.
- The most efficient bots combine automated and manual trading strategies and monitoring. Bots are mostly used in market making in institutional trading arrangements.
- In a nutshell, a bot lets you automate a customized or third-party trading strategy. They use automated and smart technologies like AI, machine learning, etc. There are many types of these bots grouped as per the trading strategies – arbitrage bots, coin lending bots, margin trading or leverage bots, and market maker bots.
- Although only 38% of crypto users trade with bots, that percentage rises to 86% when considering the amount of money moved. Most of the money dealt is by institutional traders and therefore done by bots. Trading bots are tried and tested in stock, forex, and other digital asset trading. Hence, using a trading bot can help you compete efficiently and successfully.
The below image shows only 38% of crypto users use bots but that figure goes up to 86% when considering the amount of money moved:
What are the Best Crypto Trading Bots
Modern crypto trading bots do more than trade crypto – being based on artificial intelligence, machine learning, and other smart technologies means they can collect big data crypto market information in real-time using APIs. They then analyze this information using predefined trading strategies to derive useful and actionable metrics or conclusions called trading signals.
The analysis is made with the target of predicting future crypto prices, say for Bitcoin and other coins, and the correctness or exactness of the prediction is what matters. The closer the price is to prediction, the better the bot and crypto bot trading, as that amplifies profits.
Once the future price is predicted, they then place trading buy and sell orders in actual crypto markets. And since most markets complete the limit and other types of orders automatically, these buy and sell orders are completed. Hence, they make a profit or loss.
The best crypto trading bots pull information from multiple social sources, news sites, crypto market makers, and many other sources. This is why they employ AI and machine learning to decipher what news is making a social impact and which will probably highly influence market prices. Bots can be bought separately as a single software or integrated into crypto exchanges.
However, there is no perfect crypto trading bot despite them costing up to millions of dollars. They still make losses, although the intention is to limit the losses. Plus, the best crypto trading bots are used alongside human intervention.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q #1) Do crypto trading bots work?
Answer: Yes, but not all. Professional crypto bot trading works for as long as the bots are crafted with prediction, automation, and order placement or execution technologies to allow them to make profits in trading crypto.
In fact, the best crypto trading bots generate a profit that, when risk-adjusted, is more than would be if you held the coins throughout. Profitability also depends on how they are set up and your expertise to configure.
Q #2) Are cryptocurrency trading bots profitable?
Answer: Trading bots are profitable for as long as you can configure them properly. The best crypto trading bots will obviously make a profit and it is essential to set to test them or have some sort of guarantee first before buying. Then it is essential to learn their working. Otherwise, they can also make losses.
Q #3) Are trading bots legal?
Answer: Bot trading crypto is fully legal and so are bots. Trading bots are technical and have been tried and tested in stock and forex markets. However, not all brokers – including crypto trading brokers – allow the use of bots.
Q #4) Should I use a crypto trading bot?
Answer: Bot trading crypto is recommended to increase trading efficiency and profitability. It also eliminates the possibility of human errors and improves trading speed.
With the best crypto trading bots, you can take advantage of crypto volatility, such that the bots pick profits even from the smallest price changes. They allow you to track markets efficiently and stay on top of the game.
Q #5) How do bots make money in crypto trading?
Answer: They basically deduce trading insights and signals from marketing big data. They draw or receive what we call Adhoc and unclassified/random/disorganized information from multiple sources. It could be real-time info or historic.
After receiving the information, they use pre-defined and coded trading strategies based on knowledge of historical market patterns to classify the data and info to deduce useful and actionable trading signals.
The trading bots make analyzes of the info within seconds and can deal with quick price changes in a volatile market. Crypto trading bots are either integrated with crypto trading exchanges or use API to place sell and buy orders on these platforms. These orders are then executed normally. They make it easy to trade by eliminating manual and voluminous work.
Indicators are mathematical-based patterns plotted on price charts that help traders identify signals and trends in the market. Bots chart these patterns and deduce the signals automatically.
The indicators include moving averages, exponential moving averages, relative strength index, Fibonacci retracement, Ichimoku cloud, standard deviation, and average directional index.
Q #6) How much can a beginner day trader in crypto make?
Answer: If you are using a decent stock day trading strategy and 4:1 leverage, you can make
$163,000 annually. In crypto trading, day traders make around $78 in hourly wage at the top, but on average, that could be around $45.
List of the Best Crypto Trading Bots
The most remarkable crypto trading bots are listed below:
- 3Commas (Recommended)
Comparison of Crypto Bot Trading Apps
|Trading bot||Features||Pricing||Our rating||Trial Period|
|3Commas||Portfolio tracking and management|
Analytics of trading performance
|Free plan with 3 bot types (1 of each type)|
|Pionex||Reasonable Trading Fee, Free free in-built trading bots, and Low risk.||Small trading fee of 0.05% applies.||5/5||--|
|Trality||Copy trading via Crypto Bot Marketplace; Bot creator tools; Backtesting and paper trading; Margin trading.||Free trial;|
Monthly paid plans - €9.99, €39.99 and €59.99;
20% off for annual plans.
|5/5||Free lifelong trial|
|NAGA||Deposit via bank, debit and credit cards, and online methods (Skrill, SoFort, Neteller, Giropay, EPS, Ideal, p24, and crypto); up to 1,000x leveraged trading.||0.1 pips spreads, 3-months inactivity fee, deposit, and other charges apply.||5/5||Unlimited demo account.|
|eToro||Invest in fiat based financial instruments like stocks, , ETFs, and cryptos.||Free||5/5||--|
|CryptoHopper||Trading tools include bot backtesting tool, configurable and saveable templates, trailing stops, and customizable technical indicators||Free trial, and as per plan -- $19, $49, and $99 per month.||5/5||30 days|
|Coinrule||MACD, Bollinger Bands, RSI (Relative Strength Index), and other indicators. Mobile support.||$30/month for hobbyist version; $60/month for trader level; and $450/month for pro package.||4.7/5||Unlimited for basic accounts.|
|TradeSanta||Use multiple indicators -- Bollinger Bands, MACD, and RSI. |
|$10.5/ month for basic limited level; $70/month for unlimited plan.||4.5/5||5 days|
Track performance, etc.
Enterprise: $299 per month
|4.5/5||10 day free trial|
|Zignaly||Copy trading for beginner traders.|
Free and paid trading signals. You can sell signals.
|Botsfolio||Telegram subscription for tips, community, and support.||$5 - $20 /month. |
15% performance fee.
|HaasOnline||15 custom bots with different strategies like scalping, backtesting, and arbitrages. |
Multiple order types, exchanges, and order templates.
|0.047 BTC for beginner plan.||4.5/5||None (Discounted 2-week trial license for 0.001 BTC).|
#1) 3Commas – Recommended Crypto Bot
3Commas provides 21 trading bots that allow traders to leverage the best of 18 major cryptocurrency exchanges.
These bots can trade in a variety of ways, including:
- Grid bots: They are amazing in bear markets when a lot of coins experience sideways in price movements.
- Dollar Cost Averaging bots: They are great for earning profits in volatile markets irrespective of the market direction (whether up or down).
- Options bots: These bots allow traders to carry out more advanced trading strategies. New users should, however, be careful when using these bots.
- HODL bots: These allow users to build their long positions with regular purchases.
3Commas bots are not only reliable but also flexible. They can be configured to meet any market conditions. They can also be customized to meet your specific investment goals and trading strategies.
You can either develop these strategies from scratch or copy them from professional traders for a fee (or for free if they allow it). 3Commas offers bot presets created by elite traders so users can copy the best strategies with proven performance.
- Trading bots that trade automatically based on your preset.
- 3Commas SmartTrade for controlling all exchange activities from one interface and making trades with advanced features not available in the exchange interface.
- Portfolio tracking and management
- Analytics of trading performance
- Enterprise tools with APIs, risk management, portfolio management, priority support, white-glove applications, and trade automation.
- Free plan with 3 bot types (1 of each type)
- Starter: $14.5/mo
- Advanced: $24.5/mo
- Pro: $49.5/mo
All the plans have annual subscriptions.
Best for Auto-Trading for Beginners and Advanced Traders.
Pionex earns a spot on this list because of the 16 free in-built trading bots it comes equipped with. With a small trading fee of 0.05%, Pionex’s bots help you make a profit by trading in cryptocurrency on your behalf.
Some of its most popular bots include the Grid Trading Bot, which helps you sell high and buy low. The arbitrage bot, on the other hand, leverages the future market powered by the broker system Binance in order to help you enjoy a payout every 8 hours.
- Reasonable Trading Fee of 0.05% for maker and taker.
- 16 free in-built trading bots.
- Spot-Futures Arbitrage bot helps you earn 15-50% APR with low risk.
- Grid trading bot helps you buy low and sell high in the price range.
- Leveraged Grid Bot provides up to 5x leverage.
- Martingale bot performs DCA buy, one-time sell to capture fluctuation profit.
- Rebalancing bot helps you to hold the coins.
- Dollar-Cost Averaging (DCA) Bot Sets repeated purchasing at regular intervals to offset the effects of volatility.
Price: Small trading fee of 0.05% applies.
Best for renting the most advanced trading bots or creating them yourself.
Trality, the European FinTech experts in automation, provides investors with access to high-quality crypto trading bots in just a few clicks. Whether you’re an advanced investor or beginner, now everyone can automate their own investment strategies or rent strategies created by the world’s most experienced quantitative analysts with Trality’s flagship features – Python Code Editor and the Bot Marketplace.
Additional innovative offerings include Trality’s proprietary Bot Optimizer; margin trading functionality; Trality Wallet; Trality Rule Builder; and Trality Masterclass. Now the best crypto trading bots are at your fingertips with Trality’s mobile app (iOS & Android).
By combining the expertise of world-class Python programmers with the latest developments in Artificial Intelligence (AI), Trality offers a full range of market-beating bots for all conditions, enabling each and every investor to maximize profits while minimizing risk.
- Exclusive, profitable Bot Marketplace for creators and crypto investors
- The most advanced Python bot creation tools anywhere
- Backtesting and paper trading
- Bonus programs (referral and Trality Wallet bonuses)
- Mobile App (iOS and Android)
- Margin Trading
Price: Basic starter plan is always FREE to use, but the trading volume is limited to €5,000. The Knight plan costs €9.99 per month, Rook plan costs €39.99 per month, and the Queen plan costs €59.99 per month.
Best for auto copy trading.
NAGA is one of the best crypto trading platforms as it allows anyone to set automatic copy trading to copy expert traders. This is done after depositing at least $250.
Naga copy trading bot also makes it easier for any trader who does not have trading skills or bot coding skills to earn money from investments with regular or fixed returns. This is possible by auto copying traders who offer predictable or fixed returns on their strategies.
Besides, it has an in-built wallet that allows users to deposit, receive, withdraw, send and hold cryptocurrencies. Trading also includes swapping crypto for another. All of these features – including auto copy trading, are supported for over 40 cryptocurrencies.
- Deposit money from banks, credit cards, Skrill, Neteller, and Giropay, EPS, Ideal, p24, Bitcoin Cash, Bitcoin, Litecoin, Dash, Ethereum, and Naga coin.
- Regulated by Cyprus Securities Exchange Commission.
- Not available in the US, Australia, and many other countries.
- Android app for the NAGA platform in addition to the web app.
- The minimum deposit for NAGA is $250 to unlock auto copy trading.
- Hundreds of users to copy trades from.
- Trade crypto, stocks, ETFs, CFDs, and over 90 other financial instruments.
- Use NAGA debit cards and NAGA coins to reduce transaction fees. (NAGA debit card cuts fees by 50% while NAGA coin by 100%).
- Trade with leverage of up to 1000 times.
Price: Spreads of just 0.1 pips. $5 withdrawal fees. 3 monthly inactivity fees are $20. Rollover, swap fees, and other fees may apply.
Best for diversified crypto and social investing.
eToro’s copy trading platform lets you copy crypto trades, trading insights, and, of course, trading sentiments from other crypto traders. You can follow crypto traders either for free or on a paid arrangement. The good thing about the platform is that you can watch the followed users’ portfolios, profits, and other info from their feeds.
eToro does not have a dedicated trading bot program nor can you use bots to trade on the platform. The eToroX is eToro’s dedicated crypto trading platform that has tools for both retail and institutional traders.
- Follow traders and copy their strategies easily.
- Trade 20 + cryptos.
- Learn from millions of investors worldwide on one of the world’s largest social investing platforms
- Limited time offer: Invest $100 when you sign up and get an extra $10.
Disclaimer – eToro USA LLC; Investments are subject to market risk, including the possible loss of principal.
Best for beginner and advanced traders.
The CryptoHopper is a cloud-based crypto trading bot that employs an algorithmic programmed trading approach and allows users to use external signals to make intelligent trades. Users can connect and use it with 9 different cryptocurrency exchanges including Coinbase, OKEX, KuCoin, Binance, Kraken, Huobi, and many others.
With it, you can leverage free and paid signals from different sources. Owned and operated from Amsterdam, Netherlands, it also makes use of over 30 trading indicators and over 90 candle patterns. It works 24/7 and trades multiple cryptos (75 cryptocurrencies in particular) in addition to Bitcoin.
- Stoch, RSI, Bollinger Bands, and many other indicators.
- Trading tools include bot backtesting tools, configurable and saveable templates, trailing stops, and customizable technical indicators.
- Web-based – no mobile or desktop apps.
Price: Free trial, and as per plan – $19, $49, and $99 per month.
Best for mobile bot trading.
Founded in 2017, the cloud-based trading bot is operated by a team in the U.K. It can be connected to multiple cryptocurrency exchanges, including Binance, Huobi, Bitfinex, OKEx, and HitBTC. It does not charge any fee for trading. With it, you can create multiple trading rules-based, which allows you to take advantage of over 7,000 strategies.
It does not support Technical Analysis (TA) but allows users to use TradingView to share trading tips and strategies. It lets you trade multiple cryptocurrencies.
- MACD, Bollinger Bands, RSI (Relative Strength Index), and other indicators.
- Support via emails, live telegram chats, webinars, and other methods.
- Trading templates on the pro version.
- Mobile – Android and iOS apps in addition to the web interface.
Price: Starter costs nothing but with limited features. The hobbyist version costs $30 per month and annually, at $359. Trader costs $60/month and annually at $719, and the Pro package costs $450/month and annually at $5,399.
Best for both long and short trading.
TradeSanta cloud-based crypto trading software is suited for both beginner and professional traders and although it functions on a 24/7 basis, you do not need to be on it to make profits. Like all other crypto trading bots on this list, it can be hooked to many crypto exchanges, including Binance, Huobi, and others.
With it, you can use long and short strategies, multiple indicators, and a responsive support team. With long trade, buy tokens at a low price and sell them high. Shorting strategy works on the contrary. With this software, you can use grid or DCA bots or you can place orders with the help of Smart Order.
- Run an unlimited number of bots using the maximum plan.
- Use multiple indicators, including Bollinger Bands, MACD, and RSI.
- Support staff.
- Android and iOS support in addition to the web platform.
Price: The basic free plan has 2 bots max. The basic paid plan buys 49 bots max for $10.5/ month, while the maximum plan costs $70/month for an unlimited number of bots. There is a 5-day trial period before paid subscription plans.
Best for social trading or copy trading.
Shrimpy is both a portfolio management and trading tool that lets users trade and track portfolios across multiple exchanges from a single platform. You can manage and trade assets across 16 exchanges. Trade automation or crypto bot trading is also done on the platform through multiple indicators and strategies.
Simply by starting the automation button, you can automatically rebalance your portfolio to copy the accounts you are following. Your portfolio will adjust by way of the account automatically selling or buying when the portfolio of the person you follow changes.
In addition to all this, Shrimpy lets you social trade by following trades of other users. This helps beginner traders as well as those who want to earn commissions by sharing social trades. In following trades of others, you can check their portfolio allocations across digital currencies.
For the people you follow, you can check the number of followers, daily/weekly/monthly performance, chart visualizations, and when the investor was active.
- Backtesting feature tests your bots before kicking off automated portfolio allocation strategies.
- 50% commission for the first 3 months on any affiliate payments.
- Demo account to experiment the platform.
- Web-only with no mobile support.
Fees: Shrimpy.io offers the solution with three pricing plans, Starter ($15 per month), Professional ($63 per month), and Enterprise ($299 per month). All these prices are for annual billing.
Best for copy trading and building bots from scratch. It is free and best for beginner and experienced traders.
Though quite new, this crypto trading bot allows you to build your strategies from scratch or use third-party trading strategies. It is one of the best crypto trading bots because it is free to use and without cutting profits. It is an excellent choice for those starting in crypto bot trading.
You can semi or fully automate crypto-bot trading exercises. It features multiple traders who can provide trading signals for your use. Besides, you can trade unlimited coin pairs and positions. The bot can be connected to Binance, KuCoin, and 8 other crypto exchanges, and so there are very limited options when it comes to exchanges you can connect it to.
- Provides copy trading which lets users, especially beginners, copy trades of experienced traders.
- Free and paid signals. You can sell signals.
- DCA rebuys strategy options.
- TradingView integration.
- iOS, Ipad, Android apps available.
Best for cheap bot trading.
Botsfolio lets you invest money into crypto by connecting a crypto exchange account and defining your investment strategies. No trading skills or experience is needed. You do not need programming skills to draft and device trading bots. It works by trading the money for you. You can then monitor trading progress and profits or losses on the dashboard.
It supports automated trading for those with accounts on Binance, OKx, and Coinbase Pro crypto exchanges. These are linked through API keys.
After depositing money or crypto into these exchanges, you can then connect the accounts to the bot, then decide whether and how to invest money among scalping, futures trading, value investing, and hedged trading strategies. You will define the amounts to apportion on each of the strategies and the bots will apply the rules automatically.
- Telegram subscription for tips, community, and support.
- Accepted payment methods – Ethereum, Bitcoin, Bitcoin Cash, and Litecoin.
- Risk management intelligence in the software.
Price: $5/month for portfolio value of $1,000 to $3,000; $10/month for portfolio value of $3,000 to $10,000; $15/month for portfolio value of between $10,000 and $50,000; $20/month for portfolio value of between $50,000 and $100,000. 15% performance fee charged quarterly on profits.
Best for leverage trading, institutional and advanced trading.
HaasOnline is one of the oldest and most reputable trading bots in crypto. It is popular with experienced traders coming from stock and forex trading and wants to maximize trading efficiency and profitability. Through the bot, you can connect to exchanges, leverage platforms, and spot crypto exchanges using API keys.
Using your HaasScript programming language, you can create, test, and refine trading strategies completely from scratch. This means you can design even the most complex trading strategies.
- 15 custom bots that let you use different trading strategies like scalping. Use backtesting, paper trading, dollar-cost averaging, arbitrages, and other strategies.
- Use different order types on different exchanges and create synthetic order templates.
- MACD and many indicators.
- Leverage market data, charting, and other tools in trading crypto automatically.
- Support for Android and iOS platforms through dedicated apps.
Price: No trial plan, but there is a discounted 2-week trial license for 0.001. The beginner licensing plan starts at 0.047 BTC.
Further Reading => Hidden Facts About Bitcoin ETFs and Crypto Funds
Best for arbitrage across multiple crypto exchanges.
Bitsgap trading bot lets you connect to over 25 crypto exchanges on which to trade automatically. It comes with a 14-day free trial and you can sign up or log in using Google or Facebook accounts. In fact, before buying the advanced plans, you can try out the features through a demo exchange.
With it, you can do arbitrage across exchanges, and by getting the right market signals in time, you get to make the right trading decisions. In addition to automated and arbitrage trading, there are portfolio tracking features.
- Backtesting is provided to let you optimize pre-configured trading bots during both bull and bear markets.
- Arbitrage trading across multiple exchanges.
- Portfolio management and tracking.
- Web-based only. No iOS or Android devices.
Pricing: Basic paid plan costs $19 per month, advanced $44 per month, and pro plan $110 per month.
When looking for the best crypto trading bot, it is essential to consider the one with the most beneficial features. You want one that is less costly, allows backtesting of automated trading strategies, and certainly one that accommodates multiple indicators and trading strategies. How about a bot that lets you trade on mobile devices?
This tutorial serves those asking whether crypto trading bots work and recommends using the most efficient, profitable, and tried and tested bots. The best crypto trading bots are the ones you can try before subscribing to paid plans or use for free before upgrading. This allows you to see if they work.
Pionex is our recommended bot. CryptoHopper certainly supports multiple and most useful indicators, but there is no mobile version. For this reason, you might want to look at CoinRule which allows automation of over 7000 trading strategies, or TradeSanta, which comes with 2 free bots for good and an unlimited number of bots at just $75 per month.
HaasOnline is packed with its own programming language and thus best for crypto trading bot customization.
- Time taken to research and write this article: 10 hours
- Tools initially shortlisted for review: 15
- Total tools reviewed: 10