Here we compare features of the top apps for crypto exchanges to help you get the best cryptocurrency exchange service as per your need:
Cryptocurrency trading can be done in two ways i.e. either to exchange one digital currency for another you want to use or keep, or for the purpose of making a profit. The latter is largely speculative and most traders will rely on proven trading platforms, tools, and strategies to win profits.
Crypto traders also make a choice between trading raw crypto or trading crypto derivatives or products. Crypto derivatives are those products that are derived from crypto and include Exchange Traded Funds, Contracts for Difference, and Exchange Traded Notes.
Most crypto exchanges now use blockchain technology, which allows for decentralized order books and decentralized storage, and is more secure because of cryptography encrypting techniques.
What You Will Learn:
- Cryptocurrency Exchanges – Quick Facts and Stats
- List Of The Best Crypto Exchanges – Rankings
Cryptocurrency Exchanges – Quick Facts and Stats
Some crypto exchanges have additional services and money-earning opportunities beyond trading – including mining and staking.
- There are more than 300 crypto exchanges that specialize in crypto only, without including apps and platforms that mix stock and other assets with crypto trading. There are more than 5000 cryptocurrencies to trade as per the data by CoinMarketCp.
- Crypto exchanges can either be decentralized, where they require the users to store crypto wallet keys on their own, or centralized where the exchange controls the keys. You can learn more about how crypto works to understand what keys are. Decentralized exchanges are considered more secure as a hacker will not steal funds if the user has keys and if an exchange is closed, the users can still recover their funds.
- Centralized and decentralized exchanges mainly work by the way of order books where market makers (those placing orders) are matched with the buyers (market makers). Crypto exchanges can use algorithms to achieve this.
- The best crypto exchanges to work with are those with a wide variety of crypto for trading, low fees for credit and debit cards (3% or below), and fast order execution. Depending on your preference, choose those that offer stock, forex, CFDs, and other assets on the same platform, or only those that specialize in crypto trading.
- Social copy trading is very highly recommended by this guide, for those beginners who wish to start to diversify in crypto trading. As a copy trader, you do not spend much time with analysis although it is crucial to counter-check trades copied, and as a copy trading provider, you can earn passive income.
- Security and safety are important for crypto traders. Choose crypto exchanges with multi-sig if working with group accounts, 2FA or two-factor authentication, and other top-grade security features.
- Speculative traders would rather go for exchanges providing diverse analytical and research tools, as well as those providing diverse charting and indicators options.
List Of The Best Crypto Exchanges – Rankings
Here is a list of the best exchanges for cryptocurrency available in the market:
- Cash App
Comparison Table of Top Crypto Exchanges
|Name||Top Features||Crypto Purchase Fee||Rating|
|CoinSmart||Two-factor authentication, Advanced Trade, Smart Trade, etc.||0% fee for Bank Wire and Bank Draft, 6% fee on credit or debit cards, etc.||5/5|
|Binance||100 cryptos supported, available in 180 countries||Makers pay 0.0750% to 0.0525%; takers 0.075% to 0.0525%||5/5|
|PrimeXBT||50+ markets, Convesting, referral program, trade global financial markets, etc.||0.05% for Cryptocurrencies, 0.01% for Indices & Commodities, 0.001% for Forex majors, etc.||5/5|
|FixedFloat||Flexible solutions, robust design, fast processing, etc.||Fixed-Rate: 1% plus network fee|
Float Rate: 0.5% plus the network fee.
|ChangeNOW||Over 10000 currency pairs, RealRates System, instant crypto exchange, etc.||As per reviews, it varies from 0.5% to 4%.||5/5|
|CashApp||Low cost to trade via banks, peer-to-peer.||3% on credit card 1.5% for bank deposits.||4.5/5|
|Bisq||Decentralized, mobile, no KYC.||Makers pay 0.10% and takers pay 0.70%.||4.5/5|
|Kraken||Low fees, high transactional limit of $100k, high daily volumes||Makers from- 0.16% to 0.10%; takers 0.26% to 0.20%||4.5/5|
|Bittrex||Flat fee 0.25%, secure.||flat fee rate of 0.25%||4.5/5|
|Coinbase||Easy to use, multiple crypto trading options||$0.99 and $2.99||4.5/5|
|Swapzone||Compare among exchanges and trade on the cheapest, for over 300 coins.||Differs as per the compared exchange.||4.5/5|
|Xcoins.com||Easy registration, 24/7 support.||5% on debit or credit card to buy crypto.||4.5/5|
|CEX.io||Commisions for market makers and takers, used in 99% of the countries in the world.||Taker fee 0.25% and 0.20%; maker 0.16% and 0.12%.||4.4/5|
|eToro||Copy and social trading, multiple assets like CFDs, stocks, forex, etc.||0.75% to trade, crypto conversion fee is 5%.||4.4/5|
Let’s review the best Cryptocurrency exchange app below!
CoinSmart is a Canadian crypto exchange. It provides 24*7 support. It has a comprehensive identity verification process in place that is capable of detecting fake addresses or a date of birth. It makes use of a database provided by the data collection agencies. Users get cold storage for each cryptocurrency.
CoinSmart supports multiple funding methods such as Interac, SEPA, Wire Transfers, and all cryptocurrencies. It credits the deposits to your account on the same day of receiving them. It processes the cash withdrawal requests within 5 business days. It processes the account verifications on the same day.
- CoinSmart has a two-factor authentication system.
- For experienced investors, CoinSmart offers the feature of Advanced Trade that includes the functionalities of limiting orders, stopping loss, and real-time charting.
- It provides an order book functionality to place the customized orders.
- SmartTrade feature will let you trade from one coin to another without the limitation of trading Bitcoin or Ethereum first.
- It has features to let you track all your trades or trading activity.
Trading Fee: 0% fee for Bank Wire and Bank Draft. Up to 6% fee on credit or debit cards. 1% fee on electronic funds transfer, etc.
Rating: 4.5 Stars
Binance is on the top 5 largest cryptocurrency exchange app in terms of trading volumes. It supports 150 cryptocurrencies and coins including the most popular ones like Bitcoin, Ethereum, Litecoin, and its own BNB coin. It now works in the US, Europe, Australia, and Africa.
The cryptocurrency exchange reported that more than 100 million people are using the exchange this year.
- In addition to supporting more than 100 cryptocurrencies for trading, it provides two-factor authentication.
- It also allows for crypto traders who want to use charting and indicators to trade cryptocurrencies.
- Unlike Bisq, it is not decentralized, i.e. one will not have complete control of the crypto wallet as they will not be in a position of the crypto wallet keys – these are kept by the company.
- Binance is available in more than 180 countries around the world although it is banned in the United States.
- Users can pay for crypto and sell crypto using diverse payment methods including bank, crypto, and credit cards.
Trading Fee: The charges vary from one VIP category to another. The maker fee varies from 0.0750% to 0.0525% for 30-day trading volumes of between below 50 BTC and above or equal to 1500 BTC. The taker fee varies from 0.075% to 0.0525% for 30-day trading volumes of between below 50 BTC and above or equal to 1500 BTC.
PrimeXBT trading platform is the best in class platform with access to global markets and 24*7 support. With this platform, you can also earn by inviting friends. It pays up to 50% of the trading fees paid by them.
Convesting is a smarter way to trade where you can select from the best performing traders and copy their trading activity automatically. You can let others follow your trades and earn extra income.
PrimeXBT is a platform for trading global financial markets with Bitcoin, USD Tether, USDC, etc. With an account, 50+ markets will be accessible for trading, cryptocurrencies, stock indices, commodities, etc.
- PrimeXBT has won various international awards by providing superior online trading services globally.
- A wide range of markets will be accessible through PrimeXBT.
- It has low fees and provides faster order execution & advanced platform features.
- It provides advanced trading tools.
Trading Fee: You can open a free account. PrimeXBT offers attractive trading conditions as well as competitive fees. You can check the trading conditions and open an account for Margin, Convesting, and Turbo. The trade fee is 0.05% for Cryptocurrencies, 0.01% for Indices & Commodities, 0.001% for Forex majors, etc.
Rating: 4.5 Stars
FixedFloat is an easy and accessible exchange platform that offers tools for making full use of digital assets. According to your requirements, FixedFloat can provide a flexible tailored solution. The service includes a dedicated customer support team. The solution has a robust design and provides fast processing.
- A lot of currencies are supported by FixedFloat such as Bitcoin, Tether, USD Coin, etc.
- Fully automated processing.
- FixedFloat supports cross-platform.
It facilitates digital asset exchange with a lightning network.
Trading Fee: For the fixed rate, you will pay 1% plus the network fee. For the float rate, you will pay 0.5% plus the network fee. There are no hidden commissions.
Rating: 5 Stars
ChangeNOW is the platform for non-custodial limitless cryptocurrency exchange. It provides the service to exchange Bitcoin to Ethereum, Ripple, XMR, etc. With this service, there is no need to create an account. It doesn’t store any funds.
There will be more than 170 coins available for the exchange. It doesn’t impose any limitations on the exchange and will let you exchange as much as you want. With its fiat option, it supports buying cryptocurrency with Visa or MasterCard with the help of a third-party partner.
- More than 10000 currency pairs are supported.
- It provides a RealRates system that is super-fast and safe.
- It is an absolutely safe platform, provides non-custodial service, and doesn’t store funds.
- It facilitates instant crypto exchange.
Transaction Fee: As per reviews, ChangeNOW’s transaction fee is from 0.5% to 4%.
Rating: 5 Stars
#6) Cash App
Cash App by Square is a very popular iOS and Android app for sending and receiving peer-to-peer money in the United States although it currently works for many more countries.
It does not charge for money sent or received through bank accounts and debit cards, but a 3% fee is charged on credit card payments and 1.5% for bank instant deposits.
Currently, it works as a crypto exchange thereby allowing users to buy and sell crypto within the app, although it currently supports only Bitcoin, with a promise of supporting other cryptocurrencies later on.
- It is peer-to-peer in which you can transfer money from your wallet to other users directly without any middlemen.
- High transactional limit of $100,000 for BTC users.
- Low cost for sending and receiving via banks.
- Simple to use.
- Costly for credit card users.
- Allows only BTC and no other crypto for now.
Trading fee: Free for sending and receiving via banks. 3% fee is charged on credit card payments and 1.5% for bank instant deposits.
Website: Cash App
Bisq is a desktop and mobile (iOS and Android) application that allows users to buy and sell Bitcoins in exchange for their local currencies in their home countries. It works on a peer-to-peer basis because you can send to and receive crypto from people directly.
Users pay the trading fees in BTC. In that case, the makers or those placing trades or orders worth 1 BTC on the platform pay 0.10% while those buying or taking the orders (takers) pay 0.70%.
Traders can also choose to pay in BSQ cryptocurrency where they pay 0.05% when they place an order as the makers of a value of 1BTC, while those buying in BSQ pay 0.35% on the taker’s side.
Users can get a savings account if they have a government-issued ID but it is not necessary for those trading cryptos.
- Decentralized with no point of failure.
- No KYC required for identification.
- In addition to supporting mobile, users can pay in 26 different options.
- Users will experience slow speed on some payment methods.
- Transactional volumes are low.
Trading fee: Makers pay 0.10% and takers pay 0.70%.
Kraken – based in the United States, has been operational since 2011 and is available in 48 US states and 176 countries. This cryptocurrency exchange supports and lists 40 cryptocurrencies including the most popular likes of BTC.
Indeed, Kraken is one of the top 10 largest crypto exchanges by daily market transactional volumes. It is considered very safe to trade on as it has never been hacked, unlike Binance or Coinbase – which are other of its competitors.
- It is considered very secure to trade on.
- Low fees – lower than Coinbase.
- Users can pay for trades in MasterCard, Wire Transfer, and Bank cards among the other options.
- 40 different cryptocurrencies are supported for trading.
- Has a mobile app.
- Also provides analytical tools like Coinbase, which are helpful for traders of crypto.
- No social or copy trading.
- The daily maximum trading amount is $100,0000.
Trading Fee: The maker fee varies from 0.16% to 0.10% for 30-day transactional volumes of between $0 and $500,000. The taker fee varies from 0.26% to 0.20% for 30-day transactional volumes of between the same amount.
Bittrex supports crypto-to-crypto trading and lists the largest number of cryptocurrencies i.e. over 190, that users can trade over different cryptocurrencies. The exchange is considered very secure and is fast in executing trades, although support is considered lacking.
Bittrex, which is based in Seattle, Washington, started in 2014 and the team behind the exchange has more than 50 years of experience in Microsoft, Amazon, Blackberry, Qualys, and other companies. The crypto exchange has a high 24-hour trading volume of $225,425,248, being one of the highest or among the top 15 exchanges.
Besides the high level of security and quickness in executing trades, you also benefit from low fees – a flat rate of 0.25% on every trade, in fact, being the simplest version of fee explanation that we have seen for cryptocurrency exchanges.
- Clearer and simpler fee policy than most of the exchanges.
- Has to support a very large number of crypto pairs to trade on the platform.
- It is safe to use and takes little information from the users for purposes of verification. Jumio, a service the crypto uses for verifications, can verify 100 million people in 200 countries. Users just need to identify by providing their names, address, and date of birth.
- Can be used or is available in most of the countries around the world.
- The exchange does not support fiat trading.
- Has poor customer service history and pump-and-dump scam claims against it.
Trading Fee: Bittrex charges a flat fee rate of 0.25% for all trades.
Coinbase is the most popular crypto exchange in the United States. It was founded in 2012 and is fully regulated and licensed to operate in the United States, in over 40 states and territories.
It is considered as the one that lowers barriers of entry to crypto in the United States and other countries. It is easy to use and offers insured custodial services. It supports many cryptocurrencies. The Pro version allows users to use charting and indicators to trade crypto for cheaper.
- It supports Bitcoin as well as multiple other coins.
- The liquidity or daily trading volumes are very high thereby allowing people to easily find their trades or exchange crypto easily over many crypto options.
- It is not decentralized, unlike other options like Bisq i.e. as they do not possess the crypto wallet keys, the users are unable to control custody completely their crypto and savings in totality as they would. This may be dangerous in case of a hack or unexpected closer.
Trading Fee: The fee charged is between $0.99 and $2.99 depending on the dollar value.
Swapzone is a cryptocurrency exchange for trading over 300 coins without even registering on the platform. This is a very good thing for those who are looking for privacy in crypto trading.
This cryptocurrency exchange allows for instant swapping of crypto coins and cryptocurrencies. It works as a crypto exchange aggregator, thereby allowing users to compare cryptocurrency swapping opportunities across exchanges.
Once a trader finds out an opportunity, he or she will be able to swap the coins in one platform without leaving it, thanks to API used. Traders can sort deals in terms of best rates for easier comparison. It was founded in 2020.
- A user does not need to have a personal account.
- In-house exchange with the user without the need to leave the service to exchange cryptocurrencies.
- Supports over 300 crypto currencies and coins for trading.
- Provides a 24/7 support team.
- Simplified API integration.
Trading Fees: As a crypto aggregator, you find the rates on it – which could differ from one crypto exchange to another, before trading.
Xcoins.com is a Malta-based crypto exchange that facilitates the trading of different pairs of cryptocurrencies in over 100 countries, by using different payment methods including Wire Transfer, Credit Card, and PayPal. Founded in 2016, the company behind the crypto exchange is based in the United States.
The exchange was started with a mission of making buying Bitcoins smooth and frictionless for starters and non-experienced in crypto.
The drawback is that there is a high processing fee of 5% for those using credit or debit cards for payments. It has a good trading volume of around 1000 BTC daily. The exchange also works as a non-custodial.
According to online reviews, the exchange has completed transactions worth more than 125 million for 250,000 customers across 167 countries.
- 5% is charged as the debit or credit card processing fees. This is a standard rate, but most other more popular crypto exchanges charge about 3%.
- It is non-custodial i.e. it does not offer any digital wallet service.
- The exchange is easy for beginners. Registration takes only 2 minutes to complete.
- Can be used in more than 167 countries for buying and selling crypto.
- Orders process in 15 minutes, which is rather slow when compared to many other exchanges that do it almost instantly. Those whose transactions are not completed within 15 minutes have their next transactions without any fee.
- Offers excellent customer support – 24/7 support via live chat, phone, and emails.
- Verification of users is near-instant, it just takes only a few minutes to complete. Users must submit driving licenses, or passports, national IDs, and selfies as a prove of living.
- Regulated in Malta for buying and selling crypto, KYC is a must for customers.
- Does not have a mobile app although it is planned. The website is mobile-responsive.
Trading Fee: 5% is charged as the debit or credit card processing fees.
CEX.io was established in London in 2013 and it allows users to buy and sell their digital cryptocurrencies, and withdrawing of the money is done via bank accounts or VISA and other debit and credit cards. Few other payment methods are available for those buying crypto including Swift, and cryptocurrencies.
Those who trade large volumes of cryptocurrencies can get a commission. The exchange has reported that it has more than 3 million registered users on its crypto trading platform.
The fact that it has never been hacked creates a picture of a safe and secure crypto trading platform. As a customer, you also get to secure your account with 2FA, and there is anti-hacker protection and multisig account protection.
- Offers 24/7 support to customers through email, phone, and live chat. 0705347905
- The exchange supports 99% of all countries around the world and 47 states in the United States.
- There is a competitive commission for those trading large volumes of cryptocurrencies on the exchange. There also are offers for market makers.
- The exchange uses advanced order match-making algorithms for reliable order books and order execution. This means that it is easier to find your orders and those doing high-frequency trading and those using scalping strategies can also trade effectively.
Trading fee: The trading fee depends on the customer’s 30-day trading volume. Those with a trading volume of between below or equal to 5 BTC and less than or equal to 100 BTC pay a taker fee of between 0.25% and 0.20%. The maker fee for the same is between 0.16% and 0.12%.
eToro is considered as a social copy trading stock, securities, forex, CFD, and crypto trading platform. CFD is On eToro, that you are able to trade multiple assets of these categories. Founded in 2007, the trading platform is regulated and considered as a safe avenue for those looking for easy-to-use trading platforms that offer a mixer of assets for trading.
Social copy trading allows a user to copy a trade from those expert traders they follow. Therefore, you can trade with less experience or knowledge in the assets. It is a very popular option for those who want to trade fore, and these can trade about 47 pairs.
Despite being popular for CFDs, the exchange charges slightly a higher fee than most other exchanges despite the zero dollar commissions for US traders and the recent cutting of spreads on the exchange. Also, when compared to the other trading platforms of its kind, there are limited research materials on the eToro platform.
- The trading platform offers a total of 2361 tradable symbols. The platform supports 94 cryptocurrency trading pairs.
- The eToro mobile wallet app is the custodian and uses a multi-sig scheme for crypto owners and users.
- There is demo trading available for beginners. It also supports 66 charting and indicators for trading.
- Charges 0.75% for trading crypto. The fiat to crypto conversion fee is 5%. eToro charges 0.1% for crypto-to-crypto exchanging or conversion .
- It includes a wide range of digital assets to trade including cryptocurrencies, CFDs, forex, stocks, exchange-traded securities, etc.
- Zero-dollar commission for US stock traders. The users can also invest in fractional shares.
- CryptoPortfolios where traders copy trade – those whose trades are copied earn passive incomes while those who copy trades can diversify their trading.
- The ability for the users to copy trades of investors across over 2300 instruments.
Trading fee: Etoro charges 0.75% for trading crypto. The fiat to crypto conversion fee is 5%. eToro charges 0.1% for crypto-to-crypto exchanging or conversion .
The best cryptocurrency exchanges are those that offer secure, easy-to-use platforms, with high trading volumes, and on which customers can trade multiple cryptos and pay in multiple payment options.
Also read =>> Top Cryptocurrency Trading Apps Review
For stock and forex traders, there are exchanges that offer a mix of this and crypto, and they are the best alternatives for diversifying.
Suggested reading =>> Cryptocurrencies with the highest rate of return
Crypto exchanges charge different fees and mostly they will have high fees for credit and debit cards than for online payment methods and bank accounts. Decentralized exchanges that use blockchain are deemed as the most secure ones.