In this Tutorial, we have provided the Most Frequently Asked Bulma Interview Questions & Answers with Explanations:
Bulma Elements and components were explained in our previous tutorial. In this tutorial, we will see the most common Bulma interview questions.
Bulma is a free, open-source, modern CSS framework that can be used to build responsive web pages. It is considered one of the best CSS Frameworks for frontend development. Bulma is based on Flexbox.
The creator of Bulma is Jeremy Thomas. Currently, versions older than 0.4.4 are not accessible, but later versions are available. Further, the Bulma source code is licensed under the MIT license.
Let’s explore the most popular Bulma Interview Questions!
Bulma Interview Questions
Q #1) What is Bulma?
Answer: Bulma is a CSS framework for building mobile-first sites.
Q #2) Is Bulma an alternative to Bootstrap?
Answer: Yes, Bulma is an alternative to Bootstrap.
Q #3) Is Bulma as popular as Bootstrap?
Answer: Bulma is a popular framework, but it is not popular as Bootstrap.
Q #4) Which is better Bulma or Bootstrap?
Answer: It depends on the site you are building. Both are excellent frameworks to build mobile-first sites.
Q #5) Is Bulma a good CSS framework to use in 2022?
Answer: Yes, it is one of the top CSS frameworks to use in 2022.
Q #6) Is Bulma free?
Answer: Yes, it is free and open source.
Q #7) Is Bulma easy?
Answer: Yes, it is easy to learn and use.
Q #8) Is it compulsory to have CSS knowledge to learn Bulma?
Answer: No, CSS knowledge is not required but is nice to have.
Q #9) Is Bulma lightweight?
Answer: Yes, it is lightweight.
Q #10) Why do you need to choose Bulma?
Answer: There are several reasons for choosing Bulma. Some of the reasons are:
- Free and open source
- Platform independent
- Compatible with most modern browsers
- Provides several ready-to-use components
- A mobile-first framework
- Easy to learn and use
- Good documentation support
- Provides a lot of useful helpers
- Support Font Awesome 4 and Font Awesome 5
Q #11) Can Bulma resize its columns automatically?
Answer: Yes, Bulma can resize its columns automatically as it is 100% responsive.
Q #12) What are the similarities between Bulma and Bootstrap?
Answer: Both Bulma and Bootstrap are:
- Front-end frameworks
- Free and open source
- Based on flexbox
- Highly responsive
- Compatible with Font Awesome
Q #14) Can I use Bulma with React?
Answer: Yes, you can use Bulma with React.
Also Read =>> React interview questions and answers
Q #15) How can you include Bulma into your project?
Answer: You can use one of the methods below to include Bulma in your project.
- Use a CDN
Add the following code block to the <head> element:
<link rel="stylesheet" href="https://email@example.com/css/bulma.min.css">
- Install the NPM package
The following command can be used to install the Bulma NPM package:
npm install Bulma
- Download the Github release
Visit this link to download the Github release of Bulma.
- Clone the GitHub repository
The following command can be used to clone the GitHub repository of Bulma:
git clone https://github.com/jgthms/bulma.git
Q #16) Out of the above 4 methods, what are the two recommended methods?
Answer: The two recommended methods are:
- Use a CDN
- Install the NPM package
Q #17) Does Bulma support icons?
Answer: Yes, Bulma supports icons. It supports Font Awesome 4 and Font Awesome 5.
Q #18) What are the text colors in Bulma?
Answer: The list below shows the Bulma text colors with relevant classes:
- has-text-white class for white color
- has-text-black class for black color
- has-text-light class for light color
- has-text-dark class for dark color
- has-text-primary class for primary color
- has-text-link class for link color
- has-text-info class for info color
- has-text-success class for success color
- has-text-warning class for warning color
- has-text-danger class for danger color
- has-text-black-bis class for black bis color
- has-text-black-ter class for black ter color
- has-text-grey-darker class for grey darker color
- has-text-grey-dark class for grey dark color
- has-text-grey class for grey color
- has-text-grey-light class for grey light color
- has-text-grey-lighter class for grey lighter color
- has-text-white-ter class for white ter color
- has-text-white-bis class for white bis color
Q #19) What are the background colors in Bulma?
Answer: The list below shows the Bulma background colors with relevant classes:
- has-background-white class for white color
- has-background-black class for black color
- has-background-light class for light color
- has-background-dark class for dark color
- has-background-primary class for primary color
- has-background-link class for link color
- has-background-info class for info color
- has-background-success class for success color
- has-background-warning class for warning color
- has-background-danger class for danger color
- has-background-black-bis class for black bis color
- has-background-black-ter class for black ter color
- has-background-grey-darker class for grey darker color
- has-background-grey-dark class for grey dark color
- has-background-grey class for grey colour
- has-background-grey-light class for grey light color
- has-background-grey-lighter class for grey lighter color
- has-background-white-ter class for white ter color
- has-background-white-bis class for white bis color
Q #20) How many font sizes are in Bulma and what are they?
Answer: There are 7 font sizes. The font size classes are,
- is-size-1 (largest size)
Q #21) How to center text in Bulma?
Answer: Add the has-text-centered class to center the text.
Q #22) Is Bulma customizable?
Answer: Yes, it is easily customizable with the help of Sass variables.
Q #23) What is the purpose of breadcrumbs?
Answer: Breadcrumbs are used to identify the location of the current page.
Q #24) What are the classes used to change the size of a title or subtitle?
Answer: The following classes can be used to change the size of a title or subtitle.
- is-1 (largest size)
Q #25) What are the four sizes of buttons?
Answer: The four sizes of buttons are small, normal, medium, and large. The is-small, is-normal, is-medium and is-large classes are used for small, normal, medium, and large buttons respectively.
Q #26) What are the classes used for button colors?
Answer: The list below shows the classes used for button colors:
- is-white class
- is-black class
- is-light class
- is-dark class
- is-primary class
- is-link class
- is-info class
- is-success class
- is-warning class
- is-danger class
- is-text class
- is-ghost class
Q #27) What are the classes used to create the button below?
Answer: There are 3 main classes used to create the above button. They are the button, is-primary, and is-rounded classes.
Q #28) Write a sample code for the above button.
Note: Full code is not required.
Answer: The sample code will look like this:
<button class="button is-primary is-rounded">Button</button>
Q #29) What is a navbar burger?
Answer: It is the hamburger icon that toggles the navbar menu when touched. It is found in touch devices. The navbar-burger class is used to create the navbar burger.
Q #30) How do you make a footer on Bulma?
Answer: You can make a footer using the footer element with the footer class, as shown in the below example:
<!DOCTYPE html> <html> <head> <link rel="stylesheet" href="https://firstname.lastname@example.org/css/bulma.min.css"> </head> <body> <footer class="footer has-background-dark"> <p class="has-text-centered has-text-warning">© Copyright SoftwareTestingHelp</p> </footer> </body> </html>
The sample output is shown below:
Q #31) How do you add a margin-top?
Answer: You can use the mt class with a suffix value (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, or 6) to add a margin-top.
Example: mt-1, mt-2, mt-3, mt-4, mt-5, or mt-6
Q #32) What is the output of the code below?
Note: Full code is not shown.
<div class="columns"> <div class="column has-background-link"> sample text </div> <div class="column has-background-warning"> sample text </div> <div class="column has-background-danger"> sample text </div> </div>
Answer: On a desktop screen, it will create a row with three columns of equal size. The left column will have a blue background, the right column will have a red background and the middle column will have a yellow background. All three columns will contain the text sample text (see screenshot below).
On the mobile screen, three columns will arrange as a stack (see the screenshot below).
Q #33) Does Bulma support HTML forms?
Answer: Yes, Bulma supports HTML forms.
Q #34) Name a few alternatives to Bulma.
Answer: There are several alternatives available like Bootstrap, Foundation, Materialize CSS, Tailwind CSS, etc.
We hope you enjoyed this tutorial on Top Bulma Interview Questions.
Bulma is one of the most popular CSS frameworks among web developers. It is based on new CSS features like Flexbox. Similar to Bootstrap, Bulma is also used to create mobile-first sites.
Furthermore, Bulma supports several elements and components like buttons, breadcrumbs, dropdowns, menus, modals, navbars, progress bars, tags, and many more.
We have come to the end of this Bulma series with this tutorial on Bulma Interview Questions. We believe you enjoyed this tutorial series and gained good knowledge. All the best for your upcoming examinations and interviews.
<<PREV Tutorial | FIRST Tutorial