Review and compare the top Cloud Security Platforms & Solutions to find the Cloud Security solutions that best suit your organization’s needs and requirements:
Companies today are migrating their data to the cloud in droves and for a very good reason. The convenience of cloud migration grants companies for accessing their data anywhere in the world via the internet is unparalleled. However, with some great benefits also come some potentially harmful drawbacks.
By shifting to the cloud, most companies are expanding their attack surface. With everything being so easily accessible through the internet, their data is at a constant risk of being leaked or stolen. It is advisable to always be able to shield your data with a powerful cloud security platform before you start cloud migration.
A good solution from a reputable vendor will be effective in keeping your data and resources on the cloud safe from all sorts of cyber-attacks. It is estimated that 40% of businesses around the world have been a victim of cloud-based data breaches.
What You Will Learn:
- Cloud Security Platforms & Solutions – Top Listed
- FAQs on Cloud Security Solutions
- List of the Best Cloud Security Platforms
Cloud Security Platforms & Solutions – Top Listed
Cloud security tools can protect your business from such scenarios, thus keeping your business afloat and lucrative for years to come. Now when it comes to cloud security solutions, you have a plethora of options at your disposal.
This article will make it easier for you to find a tool that best suits your organization’s needs and requirements. As such, we’ve recommended the top cloud security platforms below that are widely hailed as some of the best in the industry today.
Choosing a Cloud Security Platform: Factors
Here are the factors to consider while choosing a Cloud Security Platform:
- Your Company’s Requirements: The first thing you need to consider is whether or not a cloud security platform is capable of meeting your company’s specific requirements. Do you want a platform that can integrate seamlessly with the CI/CD pipeline or do you need a system that can help you meet regulatory requirements? Make sure the features and functionality offered by the platform meet and exceed your company’s specific needs.
- Features: Ensure the platform you are looking at possesses features you desperately need. Features like intrusion detection, vulnerability scanning, and logic-error detection are integral to a good cloud security platform. Make sure your platform offers them.
- Scalability: The tool you choose should offer a good scope for scalability, especially if your enterprise is large. Simply put, the solution you choose should be capable of reducing or expanding its services if the need arises to meet the needs of your scaling company.
- Price: The price offered by the vendor should be affordable to you. It should fit well within your budget. That said, you shouldn’t compromise on quality to go for a tool that offers its services for cheap. Go for a tool that strikes the perfect balance between quality service and affordability.
- Reputation: The reputation of a cloud security company is an important parameter that you should consider. A company that enjoys a good reputation in the industry possesses a long list of positive online reviews, and features a strong track record of serving clients in the past to their utmost satisfaction is definitely someone you want by your side.
Types of Cloud Security Technologies
To choose a cloud security platform that best suits your requirements, you must first understand that there are different types of cloud security solutions.
They are as follows:
- SaaS Security: This entails solutions that are delivered as a service from the cloud. They can be used to secure both on-cloud and on-premise workloads.
- CASB: Also known as Cloud Access Security Brokers, these solutions can monitor activity and enforce cloud access policies.
- Cloud Native Platforms: With such a platform, you get a cloud-native application protection platform and a cloud security posture management platform in a single, unified solution. They are ideal for achieving greater control and security over one’s cloud functions.
- Cloud Workload Protection Platforms: Such solutions come with in-built threat prevention and monitoring features. They are compatible with virtual machines and cloud infrastructure alike.
- First and foremost, understand what your company’s objectives are and assess whether the software you choose can fulfill them.
- The cloud security solution you use should offer good scope for scalability.
- Make sure the company providing cloud security services has a good reputation in the industry.
- Customer support should be fast, responsive, and round-the-clock.
- Compare different tools based on the specifications and features they offer.
- The price should fit very well within your budget.
FAQs on Cloud Security Solutions
Q #1) What is cloud security? Explain with examples.
Answer: Cloud security entails methods that are used to protect data stored in the cloud from leakage, detection, and theft. Cloud security platforms use the following tactics to provide data with the protection they need from cyber-attacks:
- Penetration Testing
- Vulnerability Scanning
Q #2) Why is cloud security used?
Answer: There are many benefits to using cloud security. For starters, it plays an instrumental role in preventing data breaches. It can be used to manage security, especially if organizations have a remote workforce.
If disaster does strike and data is lost, cloud security can help you retrieve crucial data. Cloud security solutions can also ferret out vulnerabilities in an organization’s infrastructure, thus helping IT admins fix them before any grave harm is caused. Cloud security also makes it easier for companies to comply with necessary regulations.
Q #3) What are the 3 types of cloud environments?
Answer: The 3 types of cloud environments are as follows:
- Private Cloud: Private cloud is used for computing within organizations. Private cloud is expensive to set up but offers better security.
- Public Cloud: Public cloud is managed by an external third party. Any external organization from whom you sourced it from will be responsible for its security.
- Hybrid Cloud: Hybrid Cloud is a blend of public and private systems. This system is ideal for businesses that seek rapid scalability.
Q #4) What are the main components of cloud security?
Answer: The key elements that constitute a cloud security architecture entail the following:
- Appropriate storage for deployments
- Security at each layer
- Elasticity and stability
- Centralized management
- Resilient design
- Standardization and automation.
Q #5) What are the types of cloud security?
Answer: There are 6 types of cloud security. They are as follows:
- Security monitoring
- Network and device security
- Legal Compliance
- Disaster Recovery
Q #6) Which Cloud Provider is best for security?
Answer: The answer here will vary from person to person. In my personal opinion, I believe the following five tools display exceptional results when it comes to offering cloud security:
- Palo Alto Networks Prisma Cloud
- Check Point CloudGuard
- Trend Micro
- Aqua Security
Q #7) What are cloud security platforms?
Answer: Cloud security platforms are necessary for companies undergoing digital transformation or migrating data to the cloud. Such platforms employ a combination of technologies and methods like vulnerability scanning, VPN, firewall analysis, etc. to protect businesses and their data from internal and external threats.
Q #8) Who is the leader in cloud security?
Answer: The answer here is subjective and varies depending on who you ask. Currently, most experts would argue between Palo Alto Networks, Trend Micro, and Netskope for the title of a cloud security leader.
Q #9) Which cloud provides the highest level of security?
Answer: With more focus on computability, security and customizability, Private Cloud is a model that provides the highest level of security. It is expensive, however, and best suited for large enterprises.
List of the Best Cloud Security Platforms
Here is a list of cloud-based security services:
- Cyscale (Recommended)
- Palo Alto Networks Prisma Cloud
- Check Point CloudGuard
- Trend Micro
- Aqua Security
Comparing Some of the Top Cloud Security Managed Services
|Name||Best for||Key Features||Free Trial|
|Cyscale||Automated cloud security analysis||CNAPP, Cloud security posture management, contextual security analysis||Yes|
|Palo Alto Networks Prisma Cloud||Zero-day threat detection and protection||Cloud security posture management,Cloud Workload Protection,Web Application and API security||Yes|
|CheckPoint CloudGuard||Security and Posture Management||Workload protection,Cloud Network Security,Web App and API Protection||Yes|
|Trend Micro||Hybrid cloud security||Eliminate security gaps,Managed Service Support,Application security||Yes|
|Aqua Security||Unified cloud security||Advanced Malware Protection,Software supply chain security,Risk and Vulnerability scanning||Yes|
#1) Cyscale (Recommended)
Best for automated cloud security analysis.
Widely hailed as one of the best cloud security service providers today, Cyscale offers a comprehensive platform that can help you combat cloud threats effectively. With Cyscale, you essentially get a cloud-native application protection platform that protects your public cloud from all sorts of modern attacks and instances of data breaches.
Once deployed, you’ll get continuous visibility over your entire multi-cloud environment. You can count on Cyscale to scan, monitor, and provide remediation steps for issues across different types of multi-cloud service providers like AWS, Google Cloud, etc. The software can perform contextual analysis of vulnerabilities, misconfigurations, networking, and access.
In addition to that, you also get a powerful identity dashboard. The dashboard visualizes cloud permissions and privileges, thus allowing you to conveniently perform access reviews to prevent data theft.
- Contextual Security Analysis
- Identity Dashboard
- Track Organization’s data security posture
- Identify and remediate vulnerabilities and cloud misconfigurations
- Container Security
- Get complete visibility over a multi-cloud environment
- Track cloud security posture
- Highly scalable
- Impressive automation
- Nothing significant
Verdict: Cyscale is a powerful cloud security platform that proves effective in identifying risks like misconfiguration, vulnerabilities, access control issues, etc. to prevent scenarios that result in data breaches.
Price: Contact for a quote. A 14-day free trial is available.
#2) Palo Alto Networks Prisma Cloud
Best for zero-day threat detection and protection.
Palo Alto Networks’ Prisma Cloud is yet another cloud-native application protection platform that has me floored with its features. The platform gives you complete visibility over your cloud infrastructure and protects you against zero-day vulnerabilities. You can set up the tool to prevent attacks based on priority.
This solution enables your team to ship secure code for software supply chain pipelines, applications, and infrastructure. Prisma Cloud can secure hosts, serverless functions, and containers across an application’s entire lifecycle. You can also rely on Prisma Cloud to protect APIs and web applications across your cloud-native architecture.
- Secure applications from code to cloud
- Cloud Security Posture Management
- Cloud Workload Protection
- Web Application and API security
- Cloud Infrastructure Entitlement Management
- Easy to set-up
- Single, integrated platform
- Code-to-cloud protection
- Vulnerability and compliance
- Cloud performance degradation has no alerts.
Verdict: Prisma Cloud is a powerful cloud security solution that can efficiently monitor security posture. It can identify and remediate threats while assuring compliance across public clouds.
Price: Quote-based. A free trial is also available upon request.
Website: Palo Alto Network Prisma Cloud
#3) CheckPoint CloudGuard
Best for security and posture management.
CheckPoint’s CloudGuard excels in two key departments. It facilitates automated security and advanced threat protection. This makes the tool quite efficient in protecting cloud assets and workloads against some of the most sinister cyber-attacks out there. What I really like about this tool is its ability to unify cloud security across a multi-cloud environment.
As such, you can rely on this solution to prevent threats across AWS, IBM Cloud, Google Cloud, Azure, Alibaba Cloud, etc. Add to that, CloudGuard features an intuitive dashboard that can help you visualize your cloud traffic, assets, security alerts, etc. You get a comprehensive platform to detect and automatically remediate threats across your cloud environment.
- Workload Protection
- Cloud Network Security
- Web App and API Protection
- Cloud Intelligence and Threat Hunting
- Cloud Security Posture Management
- Multi-cloud deployment
- High-fidelity posture management
- Visual dashboard
- Automated DevSecOps
- It would be nice if it could contain more compliance standards.
Verdict: With CloudGuard, you get a single unified cloud security platform that can quickly and efficiently secure your cloud as well as your workload environment. You gain greater control over your workload and greater visibility of threats with this platform.
Price: Contact for a quote. A free trial is available.
#4) Trend Micro
Best for hybrid cloud security.
As far as cloud security vendors go, Trend Micro is widely considered to be one of the finest. The platform it offers is perhaps the best there is to render total hybrid cloud security. The platform takes an automated and integrated approach to secure applications, data, and users.
Simply put, the solution is excellent at providing threat protection across cloud and on-premise environments.
Like the best cloud security managed services, Trend Micro also offers a system that grants users total visibility and control of their IT infrastructure. This makes the tool impeccable for identifying, assessing, and fixing threats.
- Comprehensive Attack Surface coverage
- Eliminate Security Gaps
- Managed Service Support
- Application Security
- File Storage protection
- Easy scalability
- Excellent customer support
- Great runtime protection for workloads
- Some users aren’t satisfied with the reporting functionality.
Verdict: Boasting advanced security features that range from workload protection to open-source security, Trend Micro is hands-down one of the best cloud security solutions out there, especially for businesses that seek efficient hybrid cloud security.
Price: Contact for a quote.
Website: Trend Micro
#5) Aqua Security
Best for Unified Cloud Security.
Aqua Security is yet another platform that can immediately discover and remediate a whole host of vulnerabilities, malware, and other forms of security threats. The software grants you complete visibility into your multi-cloud environment. As such, you’ll be able to find and fix risks like misconfigurations before it is too late.
The software can also be used to stop zero-day and known attacks in real-time. The software is bolstered by a powerful visual dashboard and out-of-the-box reporting capabilities. This solution facilitates seamless collaboration among teams to prevent attacks at every stage of a software development lifecycle.
- Advanced Malware Protection
- Software Supply Chain Security
- Risk and Vulnerability scanning
- Cloud Workload protection
- Cloud Security Posture
- Powerful dashboard
- Automated response actions
- Excellent compliance reporting
- Better documentation is needed.
Verdict: Aqua Security is a unified cloud security platform that can help you identify risks and resources across your software’s entire development life cycle. This is a tool we would recommend to IT teams who want a better understanding of their security posture and wish to make better security decisions.
Website: Aqua Security
Best for adversary-focused CNAPP.
Crowdstrike quickly distinguishes itself from its contemporaries by taking an adversary-focused approach to cloud-native application protection. The software leverages world-class threat intelligence to accurately detect and remediate all forms of cyber threats.
The software facilitates unified security for multi-cloud and hybrid-cloud environments. With one-click deployment delivered through a unified agent and agentless platform, you’ll be able to secure containers, workloads, and serverless environments.
- Continuous threat intelligence
- High-fidelity cloud detections
- Center-ready remediation
- One-click deployment
- 24/7 managed threat detection and response
- Impressive UI
- Prevents misconfigurations and runtime gaps
- Unified visibility for multi-cloud and hybrid-cloud environments
- Some may find the documentation confusing
Verdict: With real-time visibility and world-class threat intelligence to boast, Crowdstrike provides a great platform to identify and stop breaches in their tracks, regardless of whether they start in the cloud or at the endpoint.
Price: Contact for pricing
Best for AI-based security.
Zscaler is another cloud security platform that can protect users, data, and applications from almost all types of cyber-attacks. Perhaps the best aspect of this software is the AI-based advanced threat protection it renders. With the help of an advanced AI, the software automatically detects and proactively remediates threats like phishing attacks.
Besides this, I also like the contextual alerts you get. The software delivers alerts that give users complete insight into affected assets, the severity of threats, and the threat score.
- Network Security
- Web Application Security
- Intrusion Prevention
- Malware Protection
- Data Loss Prevention
- AI-Based threat protection
- Browser Isolation
- Easy to use
- The reporting tool could be further improved.
Verdict: Zscaler leverages ATP, cloud sandboxing, CASB, and SWG services to provide data and users complete protection from cyber threats. Impressive AI and excellent deception technology make Zscaler a worthwhile tool to try.
Price: Contact for pricing
The corporate world is rapidly moving towards complete digitization. Enamoured by the many benefits the offer, companies will continue to move their valuable data to the cloud. This will open them to a number of cyber-security risks, which can be best addressed with the help of a great cloud security solution.
From detecting vulnerabilities and malware to providing you with great control over your multi-cloud environment, a good cloud security platform can protect users and data while you make your move to the cloud.
All of the tools mentioned above are considered to be some of the best that organizations of all sizes can use to protect themselves against cyber-attacks.
They are easy to set up, feature-rich, and capable of tackling both known and zero-day attacks. As for my personal recommendations, we would recommend going with Cyscale for its ability to automate cloud security analysis and its scalable nature.
- We spent 12 hours researching and writing this article so you can have summarized and insightful information on which Cloud Security Tool will best suit you.
- Total Cloud Security Platforms Researched: 12
- Total Cloud Security Platforms Shortlisted: 7