List of the Most Popular Endpoint Detection and Response EDR Security Service provider companies and vendors in 2023:
EDR security service is the tool that is used for continuous monitoring and responding to internet threats.
Agents are installed on the endpoints for collecting and sending the behavioral data to the central database for the purpose of analysis. Later, by making the use of analytics tools, patterns are identified and anomalies are detected.
These agents are installed on host systems.
How endpoint detection and response work?
It continuously monitors endpoint events. The tool records information in a central database. The data is then analyzed and an investigation is performed. Reporting and alters will be based on this investigation. A host system will have a software agent. This software agent performs event monitoring and reporting.
As per the research performed by the Gartner, EDR market has doubled its revenue in one year and 60% of the businesses moved from on-premises EPP to managed Endpoint security services.
This endpoint detection and response technology make the use of Static AI which will eliminate the need for recurring scans. This technology has replaced the use of a traditional signature. Every EDR service works in a different way and will have different capabilities.
The aim of endpoint detection and response services is to perform continuous monitoring and analysis for identifying, detecting, and preventing advanced threats. EDR security is the tool that is used to detect and investigate suspicious activities on endpoints. This emerging technology can detect and respond to advanced threats.
What You Will Learn:
- List of Top EDR Security Services
List of Top EDR Security Services
Enlisted below are the top Endpoint Security Companies that are available in the market.
Comparison of Endpoint Security Vendors
|EDR||Best for||Platform||Free Trial|
|Available for 14 days|
|Security Joes||Small, Medium and Large that acquired or interested in acquiring an EDR solution.||Agnostic (on top of existing EDR solution)||First 30 days|
|Carbon Black||Small, |
|Available for 15 days.|
|Symantec EDR||Large businesses.||Windows, |
#1) Cynet – Recommended EDR Security Service
Cynet – Best for: Small, Medium, & Large businesses.
Availability: Cynet offers a free trial for 14 days. You can also request a demo.
Cynet provides Endpoint Detection & Response as a part of the holistic platform that protects the entire internal environment, including the hosts, network, files, and users. That’s why Cynet is able to provide total environment visibility rather than only endpoint visibility and prevent and detect threats which the other EDR solutions can’t.
It also has the widest set of remediation tools not only for the endpoints but also for users and network traffic. The platform is deployed in hours and has a very easy-to-use management console.
Cynet also offers a 24/7 security team that monitors the customers’ environments, alerts on threats, proactively hunts for threats, and assists with the incident response – at no extra cost.
- Deployed on thousands of endpoints within 2 hrs.
- Total environment visibility including hosts, files, network, and users.
- Prevention and detection of a wide range of threats across all stages of the attack.
- Each alert is presented with its full context, and the ability to easily drill in to understand the full scope of the attack.
- Widest set of remediation tools across hosts, users, files, and networks.
- Response orchestration: Customers have the ability to build custom remediation rules.
- CyOps 24/7 security team alerts customers, threat hunts, and assists with an incident response – at no extra cost.
Verdict: Unlike traditional endpoint protection Solutions, Cynet is a holistic security solution that includes not only endpoint protection and EDR, but also additional technologies to cover the entire internal environment – including network traffic and user activity.
This allows Cynet to provide total environmental visibility and a 360° threat protection and response. It’s rapid to deploy, easy to use, and includes 24/7 security team support with no additional cost.
#2) ManageEngine Desktop Central
ManageEngine Desktop Central is unified endpoint management and security solution that supports the entire endpoint management life cycle.
Desktop Central supports security add-ons like Vulnerability Manager Plus, Browser Security Plus, Application Control Plus, and Device Control Plus for overall endpoint security and protection.
Recommended reading =>> Secure your Endpoints with ManageEngine Desktop Central
- The security add-on solutions help in protecting endpoints like desktops, laptops, tablets, etc., to prevent any entry points to the corporate network for cyberattacks.
- The agent installed in the endpoints collects information related to missing patches, vulnerabilities, overall system health status, etc., and sends it back to the central server.
- Dashboards are available for better visibility of missing patches, zero-day vulnerabilities, failed patches, system health graphs, etc.
- It helps administrators to address the issues, such as, configuring the policy settings across the systems in the network, blocking certain websites, implementing security protocols, patching vulnerabilities, etc., in all the endpoints effortlessly.
Verdict: An Endpoint Security Tool can take care of the security requirements, however, a Unified Endpoint Management solution can help in managing all the endpoints on a single platform
#3) Security Joes
Arpia is Security Joes technology which leverages and empowers EDR protection capabilities. It integrates with EDR products and forges an intelligence fusion no other market competitor provides. In its core are several highly interesting features which allows it to alter the EDR internal policy upon sensing a malicious activity.
- Integrates with all EDR products in the market
- Tune machine policy and aggressiveness towards malicious behavior
- Reconstruct Command & Control communications to covert traffic
- Easily enrich EDR databases with a click of a button
- Alters machine learning thinkability to better detect threats
- Conducts similarity searches to pursue malware families.
- Integrates with popular SaaS applications for simple of use
Verdict: Arpia is agnostic to any EDR in the market, hence it is not limited to already-purchased protections. It allows you to integrate with convenient SaaS applications to ensure that you enrich your databases in a click of a button.
Arpia enriches any kind of TTP and is expending to support all kinds of intelligence databases.
Arpia’s secret sauce is in its similarity mechanism, which allows it to take one trigger of alert, inspect the file, find similarities of the same malware family and enrich the IOC/IOA database with tremendous amount of intelligence. Arpia is also trained to preproduce communication to Command & Control servers, hence ensures that numerous variations of infections are caught as well.
Best for Small, Medium, & Large businesses.
CrowdStrike offers a flexible and extensible platform Falcon. It provides a variety of modules which are based on this Falcon platform like Falcon Prevent, Falcon Insight, Falcon Discover, etc. CrowdStrike offers products like Falcon Pro, Falcon Enterprise, Falcon Premium, and Falcon Complete.
- Falcon Enterprise will have managed threat hunting and integrated threat intelligence.
- With Falcon Complete, you will get endpoint protection as a service.
- Falcon Premium will give you full endpoint protection and expanded visibility.
- Falcon Pro is for integrated threat intelligence and immediate response.
- Threats graph is based on big data and artificial intelligence.
Verdict: CrowdStrike provides the cloud-based platform with a lightweight agent of 25 MB. It captures and records the endpoint activity. At the same time, it can block both attacks, malware & malware-free.
#5) Carbon Black
Best for Large businesses.
Availability: Free trial available for the service.
Carbon Black provides solutions for securing virtualized data centers, malware & non-malware protection, risk and compliance, ransomware protection, and anti-virus. It can be deployed on-premises or as a SaaS. It can analyze the attacker’s behavior pattern.
- It will provide the complete activity record for every endpoint even if it is offline.
- Its response isolates infected systems and removes malicious files.
- Real-time endpoint query and remediation.
- This platform will provide you the next-generation anti-virus with EDR capabilities.
Verdict: Carbon Black provides an extensible cloud platform for securing the endpoints. It provides superior protection, simplified operations, and will give actionable visibility.
Website: Carbon Black
Also Read => Top Website Malware Scanner Tools
Best for Small, Medium, & Large Businesses.
SentinelOne provides protection against the diverse mode of attacks. It will work by making the use of Static AI engine which will provide you the pre-execution protection.
Behavioral AI engine of SentinelOne can track all the processes and their inter-relationships even though if they are active for a long time. It will protect endpoints from broad modes of attacks.
- It can detect threats at all stages.
- It will perform deep file inspection.
- It will protect from ransomware attacks.
- It has a lightweight and holistic agent.
- It has an automated EDR which means automatic mitigation of threats, performing network isolation, and auto-immunization of the endpoints for new threats.
Verdict: SentinelOne works in three steps, Pre-Execution, On-Execution, and Post-Execution. It makes the use of Static AI for attack prevention and to detect threats. Rich forensic data and automatic mitigation of threats will be performed through automated EDR.
Also read => XDR Solutions and Service Providers
#7) Symantec EDR
Best for large businesses.
Availability: As per online reviews, it could be $40 per seat per year. You can get a quote for its pricing details.
Symantec EDR can detect, isolate, and eliminate intrusion for all endpoints. It makes use of the AI to perform this. It performs 24*7 threat hunting. It will allow you to create custom investigation flows. You will be able to automate repetitive manual tasks, without complex scripting.
Recommended reading =>> Best Alternatives to Symantec DLP
- Advanced attacks are detected from behavioral policies. Symantec researchers continually update these policies.
- It provides interlocking defenses at the device, app, and network.
- There will be no complexity as it makes the use of a single agent and console.
Verdict: Symantec EDR services simplify investigations and threat hunting. It will help in automating complex investigations and streamlining SOC Operations.
Website: Symantec EDR
Best for large businesses.
Availability: You can contact the company for a demo and its pricing details. As per the online reviews, its price will be in the range of $12.99 to $109.99 per year.
Cybereason provides end-to-end cybersecurity solutions. It provides 24*7 threat monitoring and IR services. The deployment will be done in 24 hours.
- Every endpoint will have sensors that will monitor the entire environment. There will be no need to write the rule.
- It works smarter by remembering, relating, and connecting the past and present activities.
- Hunting engine makes use of machine learning. Machine learning will help it to identify the behavior.
- It has a unique method of hunting i.e. custom-built in-memory graph. This method asks 8 million questions per second to every endpoint.
Verdict: Cybereason EDR solutions can protect you from ransomware attacks. It has features of deep hunting engines, fileless malware protection, and sensors, etc.
Recommended Read => Best Network Scanning Tools
#9) Palo Alto Networks XDR
Availability: Get a quote for its pricing details.
XDR is a technique used for threat detection and response. It will defend an organization’s infrastructure. It will also protect data from damage, unauthorized access, and misuse. Palo Alto Networks provides XDR services. It analyses the network, endpoint, and cloud data for automatic detection of attacks.
- It performs automated root cause analysis.
- It can contain and coordinate responses for any threat.
- It provides Cortex Data Lake which can store large volumes of data for months. It will help with investigations.
Verdict: Palo Alto continuously introduces new features and detection capabilities. It provides 24*7 managed services.
Website: Palo Alto Networks XDR
#10) Cisco AMP
Best for banking, finance, government, healthcare, education, retail, and manufacturing.
Availability: Cisco AMP offers a free trial. As per the online reviews, its pricing depends on the subscription plans. The price will be decided based on the number of endpoints and the number of years you have subscribed for.
Cisco AMP (Advanced Malware Protection) provides services for endpoint protection. It makes use of a variety of anti-malware technologies for scanning the files. It provides Cisco antivirus engine. It will continuously monitor each and every file in the network.
- It can defend known and emerging threats based on the context-rich knowledge base.
- It can perform automated static and dynamic analysis of files using advanced sandboxing capabilities.
- It has AV detection engines that can block malware in real-time.
Verdict: Cisco AMP for endpoints can stop ransomware. It also works best for fileless malware. It provides flexible deployment options i.e. public cloud and on-premises. It supports, Windows, Mac, Linux, iOS, and Android devices.
Website: Cisco AMP
#11) FireEye HX
Best for Small, medium, and large businesses.
Availability: As per the online reviews, pricing is based on the number of endpoints. It will start from $30 per endpoint. If the number of endpoints increases, then the price will scale down.
FireEye endpoint protection will provide more security than an anti-virus. FireEye platform can respond at a scale. It has multiple detection and prevention capabilities. It provides integrated key security mechanisms in a single agent.
- It has included MalwareGuard which is a protection engine based on Machine Learning.
- It will allow you to gather details on any activity.
- The analyst will respond with informed and tailored responses that are based on real-time details.
- Engines are based on signature and behavior.
Verdict: FireEye provides a comprehensive endpoint defense solution with features of a lightweight multi-engine agent, triage and audit viewer, enterprise security search, and easy to understand interface.
Website: FireEye HX
#12) McAfee EDR
Best for Small, medium, and large businesses.
Availability: Get a quote for its pricing details.
McAfee provides the cloud-based solution and hence it involves low-maintenance. It performs continuous monitoring for endpoint activities. It provides cloud-based deployment and analytics.
- Automatic identification of key findings. No manual evaluation is required.
- Analysts will be able to understand quickly based on the visualizations that display relationships.
- McAfee makes the use of AI for investigations.
Verdict: McAfee provides endpoint protection services and will be powerful security against threats. It supports Windows, iOS, and Android devices.
Website: McAfee EDR
This is all about the top EDR Security services. As we have seen, Cynet provides a fully integrated solution for endpoint security. It will help you with vulnerability management, deception, network analysis, threat intelligence, and analytics.
CrowdStrike Falcon is a cloud-based solution for endpoint security. It comes with features like malware & exploits detection, alerts for security threats, real-time system & application inventory, etc.
Carbon Black provides a highly-advanced, cloud-based solution for endpoint security. It can analyze a large amount of data. SentinelOne provides endpoint security to businesses in various industries like healthcare, finance, education, and energy. Symantec EDR services will simplify the process of investigation and threat hunting.
Suggested reading =>> Endpoint Protector USB Enfoced Encryption
Hope this article will be helpful in selecting the right EDR service for your business.