Looking for a Professional Slideshow Software that will become a reliable asset for your business? Discover 7 expert programs that can help you take your trade up a step:
Whether you want to turn your photography clients’ photos into engaging videos or you are looking to present your own works and ideas in a captivating way, you’ll need a powerful slideshow making program for that.
What You Will Learn:
- Professional Slideshow Software
- List Of Best Professional Slideshow Software
Professional Slideshow Software
There are tons of powerful slideshow making program around, so it’s quite a challenge to find the software that would become the one.
To help you at least narrow down your search, we have compiled a ranking of programs we deem to be the best professional slideshow software. In this tutorial, we’ll be inspecting each software in terms of features, pros, and cons so that you could use this information to choose the perfect tool.
Features Of Professional Slideshow Software
Before we start, let’s take a gander at the essential toolkit proper slideshow software should possess.
Enlisted below are the features that people who aspire to make slideshows for a living look for in a program:
- Ability to combine different media: In order to make a truly inspiring and dynamic slideshow, you’ll need to add not just still photos, but videos as well. Bonus points to that software that allows to combine different media formats on one slide.
- Multiple layers creation: If you are not making a boring presentation a lá Powerpoint, you’ll need tools that would allow you to create complex layered slides comprised of images, videos, texts, masks, shapes, etc.
- Keyframe animation tools: With them, you’ll have full control over all the elements on your slide. You can use keyframes to set the way each layer of the slide would move and transform.
- Built-in filters, frames, etc.: Every professional slideshow creator needs these to add more flavor to their videos. You can use filters and frames to just alter the way your pictures look, or you can incorporate them into animation (for example, to make your image shed colors or turn blurry)
- Music and sound editing: Simply adding a music track is not the way to go with professional slideshows. The perfect program should be equipped with tools for cutting and editing music tracks, synchronizing them with the footage, and for adjusting volume with audio points.
- Flexible export options: To please all the clients, you need to have access to different output options. Some people prefer to have their videos mailed, others find cloud services to be more convenient. Some even would like to have their slideshow burnt to a DVD. Make sure your slideshow tool can comply with these demands.
- Templates and Effects: Pre-designed templates and animation effects are real-time saviors and a great asset when you have a creative block. Easy to use, these transitions, animated collages, and 3D effects are what gives your slideshows so much needed zest.
- Option to Save Templates: Remaining criminally underrated, this feature allows you to save the best templates of your own design for further use. Hours of your careful work with key frames should not go to waste on just one slideshow, right?
List Of Best Professional Slideshow Software
We have searched high and low to bring you this list of pro-level slideshow tools.
Here is the list of top software programs for making Slideshows:
- SmartSHOW 3D (Recommended Slideshow Software)
- Magix PhotoStory Deluxe
- PTE AV Studio
- Adobe Premiere Pro
- CyberLink MediaShow
- AquaSoft SlideShow
- PhotoStage by NCH Software
Comparison Of Best Professional Slideshow Tools
|Name||Key features||Free trial||Price||Our rating|
|SmartSHOW 3D||•400+ effects and transitions|
•Built-in music collection
•Custom animation with keyframes
•Audio editing tools
|Avaliable||Standard - $39.90, Deluxe $59.50|
|Magix PhotoStory Deluxe||•100+ templates|
•Music creation module
•Built-in photo filters
|PTE AV Studio||•100+ effects and templates|
•Audio editing tools
•DIY animation module
|Avaliable||Standard - $69, Pro - $139|
|Adobe Premiere Pro||•Keyframe animation|
•Video & audio editing tools
•Photo enhancement feature
|Availiable||$239.88 a year|
|CyberLink MediaShow||•70+ effects and transitions|
•Collection of music tracks
|AquaSoft Slideshow||•250+ effects and transitions|
•Basic video editing tools
|Avaliable||Premium - $57.00, Ultimate - $97.00|
|PhotoStage||•50+ effects and templates|
•300+ music tracks
Now let’s take a closer look at each of the programs listed above:
#1) SmartSHOW 3D (Recommended)
Best for creating original and exceptionally artistic slideshows.
SmartSHOW 3D is a slideshow software that strives for ease of use, but at the same time boasts an impressive set of features. You can either use its 200+ library of templates for quick video creation or make spectacular videos of your own. For that, you’ll have an extensive effects and transitions collection, as well as an intuitive DIY animation module.
Here, you can let your imagination run wild while creating a one-of-a-kind slideshow with multi-layered slides, 3D camera effects, and animated collages. With SmartSHOW 3D, you’ll also have access to multiple tools for photo and audio editing, and voice comments recording.
- 200+ professionally designed templates for an array of occasions
- Easy-to-use module for setting up custom animation with keyframes
- Multiple layers animation, 3D camera effects, layer masks
- 400+ transitions, special effects, 3D collages, and nature effects
- Built-in library of over 200 music tracks that are free to use
- Histogram & audio points for precise volume adjustment
- Dozens of output formats for TV, PC, mobile, Web, DVD
Verdict: SmartSHOW 3D is an advanced but still comprehensible tool that allows for both simplistic and truly sophisticated slideshow making. While you can resort to resource-saving templates, more importantly, the software also provides you with enough tools and features for limitless artistic expression.
In terms of technical capabilities, SmartSHOW 3d is a robust, reliable, and undemanding program. Both pros in slideshow making and those new to the field will enjoy it.
Price: SmartSHOW 3D comes with a free 10-day trial. There are two versions of the program available: Standard version ($39.90) and Deluxe version ($59.50)
#2) Magix PhotoStory Deluxe
Best for complex and flamboyant slideshows.
Magix PhotoStory is considered one of the best professional slideshow software and for a good reason. Aimed mostly at experienced users, this software harbors a 300+ library of effects and an astounding collection of music tracks (although these aren’t songs per se, but rather the number of variations of several songs’ tempo and style).
Magix PhotoStory also has a custom animation module and an integrated photo editing tool.
- Easy video creation with 100+ templates
- 800+ music tracks and sound effects
- Picture-in-picture presets
- Built-in filters for photo enhancement
Verdict: Magix PhotoStory is beloved by many thanks to its drag-and-drop workflow as well as for its vast library of templates and effects. This software will be perfect for creating truly breathtaking slideshows provided you learn how to navigate in its slightly confusing interface.
Price: Magix PhotoStory Deluxe offers a 30-day free trial and costs $49.99.
Website: Magix PhotoStory Deluxe
#3) PTE AV Studio
Best for creating smooth and fluid visual narratives.
PTE AV Studio is a spiritual successor of the award-winning PicturesToExes program. This presentation maker allows users to combine pictures, videos, and audio files into sleek slideshows with an impressive speed thanks to GPU acceleration.
There are 100+ effects and templates, as well as video, photo, and multitrack sound editing tools at users’ disposal. Those who like to come up with their own effects will love the DIY animation module with keyframe-based workflow.
- Decent library of built-in templates and effects
- Parent-child animation of elements within one slide
- Collection of masks, filters, and text styles
- Preview in full resolution
Verdict: PTE AV Studio is definitely among the best tools for commercial slideshow making. Thanks to its bugless performance and a respectable collection of time-saving effects and templates, users can turn images into engaging videos in a matter of minutes. Still, this functionality means that you’ll need a hi-end computer to use it to the fullest.
Price: PTE AV Studio has a free 30-day trial and comes in two versions: Standard ($69) and Pro ($139).
Website: PTE AV Studio
#4) Adobe Premiere Pro
Best for the creation of sophisticated and dynamic videos.
Adobe Premiere Pro is the staple of video editing software that, however, can be used for slideshow making as well. There are no built-in slideshow templates within the software, but the Internet is full of pre-designed themes, both free and paid.
Without templates, you are still able to create a minimalistic slideshow sprinkled with transitions and text captions. You have the option to save your creation as a video for PC, Mac, or Web.
- Keyframe-based animation of slides
- Peerless video and audio editing tools
- Advanced photo enhancement and filters
- Convenient organization tools
Verdict: Despite how massive the software is, it is relatively easy to navigate. Sure, Premiere is mostly designed for digital video editing, but you can still use its prowess to create professional slideshows, either clear and simplistic (by just creating sequences of photos) or grand and stunning (with downloadable themes).
However, since this is an Adobe product, Premiere Pro is quite pricey. Besides, it takes a hi-spec computer to make this demanding beast run smoothly.
Price: Adobe Premiere Pro has a seven-day trial period. After that, it costs $239.88 a year.
Website: Adobe Premiere Pro
#5) CyberLink MediaShow
Best for the creation of simple yet elegant slideshows.
CyberLink MediaShow is a true old-timer of the video industry. This is an all-in-one program that you can use to make slideshows, movies, and even screensavers. It only has a bare minimum of effects and transitions but is equipped with nifty organization tools that can sort all your photos for quick and convenient search. Sadly, no multiple layer editing is available.
- Modest collection of transitions
- Built-in photo editing module
- Integration with Facebook albums
- Face recognition and tagging
- Sleek user-friendly interface
Verdict: If you are not planning on creating visual extravaganzas, CyberLink MediaShow will do. With it, you’ll be able to easily create simplistic videos where nothing would distract from the photos. As for downsides – the program has a slight tendency to crash. But on the plus side, the file organization system within this software is impeccable.
Price: CyberLink MediaShow has a 30-day free trial and costs $49.95.
Website: CyberLink MediaShow
#6) AquaSoft Slideshow
Best for making colorful and dynamic family-themed slideshows.
AquaSoft Slideshow is effects-rich slideshow making software that has been around for quite some time. This program is filled with eye-catching effects and dozens of animated text options. It can even double as a video editing tool since there are a few simplistic tools for it. AquaSoft Slideshow lacks any built-in music collection but comes with a tool for recording voice comments.
- 250+ effects and transitions
- Almost two hundred text options
- Four workspace modes, drag-and-drop input
- Export wizard for various video formats, CD and DVD
- Basic tools for video editing
Verdict: Like all things German, AquaSoftSlideshow is a sturdy handy tool for creating colorful, text-filled videos. Its effects and templates library is impressive, but sadly the program does not allow for complete freedom in creating your own animation.
But if you need to make an eye-catching wedding or a birthday slideshow, AquaSoft Slideshow is more than a worthy tool for it.
Price: AquaSoft Slideshow offers users a 30-day trial period. The software comes in two versions: Premium ($57.00) and Ultimate ($97.00)
Website: AquaSoft SlideShow
#7) PhotoStage by NCH Software
Best for minimalistic presentation both for personal and commercial goals.
PhotoStage Slideshow is a little basic but nonetheless decent slideshow software. It comes with a wide selection of animations and transitions, as well as a small music library.
This software will be the perfect asset for those who only make their first steps in the commercial slideshow, making thanks to its intuitive interface and unbloated effects library. And speaking of commercial – PhotoStage is free for personal use, but you’ll have to pay for it if you are going to use it for business.
- Clear interface, drag-and-drop import
- 300+ music tracks collection
- Dozens of animation effects and transitions
- Various export options: PC, mobile, Web
Verdict: While an excellent choice for home use, some pros might find PhotoStage a bit feature-poor. But if you are looking for a way to create refined and minimalistic videos without over-embellishing them, this software is perfect. Just make sure to purchase it for commercial use.
Price: PhotoStage PRO costs $70.
Website: PhotoStage by NCH Software
This has been our ranking of the professional slideshow software with music. As you can see, there is no ideal program that would suit every slideshow creator, as there are pros and cons to almost every software on the list. If you prefer refined and graceful videos to flamboyant and richly decorated slideshows, then direct your attention to the likes of PhotoStage and PTE AV Studio.
On the contrary, if you want to make jaw-dropping videos, then Magix PhotoStory and Adobe Premiere Pro are the way to go. But if you are looking for software that can do both and that wouldn’t cost a fortune and be a nightmare to master, then SmartSHOW 3D is your perfect choice.
Time taken to research and write this article: 20 Hours
Total tools researched online: 21
Top tools shortlisted for review: 7