This review compares the top Twitch Video Downloaders with their pros, cons to help you select the best Twitch VOD downloader:
When it comes to gaming, Twitch is undoubtedly the most popular and widely used streaming platform around the world. What initially began as a place for gamers to stream themselves playing games has now become a hub of sorts for people with varying interests to create content and share with millions of viewers online.
Aside from gaming, Twitch streamers today indulge in a variety of content, which ranges from casual vlogging to political commentary. Suffice to say, there is a plethora of content on Twitch to hook you for hours with no end in sight. That being said, only registered users can download their live streams. Twitch doesn’t allow casual viewers to download videos on the platform.
So if you want a clip that you would like to download for offline viewing later, or to simply share with your friends, what do you do? That is the question we hope to answer today with this article. After spending hours exploring the depths of the World Wide Web, we found the top platforms online that will help you download videos from Twitch without a hassle.
What You Will Learn:
- Twitch Video Downloaders
- Frequently Asked Questions
- List of Top Twitch Video Downloaders
- Comparing the Best Tools to Download Twitch VODs
- #1) CleverGet Twitch Downloader
- #2) HitPaw Video Converter
- #3) Clipr
- #4) KeepVid
- #5) Clipsey
- #6) Twitch Online Downloader
- #7) UnTwitch
- #8) 4K Video Downloader
- #9) Clideo
- #10) Windsya
- #11) SnapDownloader
- #12) Clip.Ninja
- #13) Vods.online
- #14) YouTube 4K Downloader
- #15) Down Video
- #16) Try2Mate
- #17) Cisdem Video Converter
- #18) Twitch Leecher
Twitch Video Downloaders
We can confidently claim the platforms listed here to be some of the best Twitch Video Downloaders based on our first-hand experience with each one of them.
- A simple, clutter-free UI is a must. The platform should be easy to navigate and use.
- Always refer to past user reviews and testimonials to know that the platform you ultimately opt for has earned itself a good reputation.
- The video should be downloaded in its original quality.
- Go for platforms that allow you to adjust the video resolution and size before downloading.
- Features like the ability to cut a video before downloading are a huge plus.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q #1) Can I download a video from Twitch?
Answer: If you are a registered streamer or account holder from Twitch, then you can download your previously broadcasted videos. These videos can be accessed by clicking on your account icon and selecting ‘Video Producer’.
In the ‘Video Producer’ section, you will find the option to download these videos. Unfortunately, there is no way on Twitch for you to download the videos of other streamers. There are, however, third-party downloading tools or platforms that you can use to download Twitch videos online.
Q #2) How long is Twitch VODs stored?
Answer: How long a VOD is stored on stream will largely depend on the level of your account. Normally, the broadcasts are available for 14-60 days. The higher the account level, the longer the VODs will be stored on Twitch.
Q #3) What format is Twitch video?
Answer: A Twitch streamer can upload videos on the platform in MP4, AVI, MOV, and FLV formats. There is also a rate limit of 5 simultaneous uploads per hour. It allows a maximum of 100 uploads in a single 24-hour timespan.
Q #4) How do I download Twitch videos on my computer?
Answer: As you know, Twitch viewers cannot download Twitch VODs or clips that do not belong to them. That being said, there are third-party platforms and applications that facilitate this purpose. Based on our own experience, the following are some of the best platforms:
- Twitch Online Downloader
Q #5) What is the longest Twitch stream?
Answer: As of right now, streamer GPHustla holds the record for the longest ever streamed video on the platform. In fact, GPHustla has been live for 465 days straight without any interruption in their broadcast. This is by far the longest solo live stream on the platform.
List of Top Twitch Video Downloaders
Here is the list of tools to download Twitch videos online:
- CleverGet Twitch Downloader
- HitPaw Video Converter
- Twitch.Online Downloader
- 4K Video Downloader
- Youtube 4K Downloader
- Down Video
- Cisdem Video Converter
- Twitch Leecher
Comparing the Best Tools to Download Twitch VODs
|Name||Best For||Top Features||Rating|
|CleverGet Twitch Downloader||High quality Twitch videos.||Download all kinds of Twitch videos, Long-lasting Twitch live streams.|
|HitPaw Video Converter||High-speed Twitch video downloader.||Downlaod and convert high-quality Twitch videos and clips.|
|Clipr||Clipping Twitch videos||Trending Page for Twitch Videos, Set Start and End Time Parameters, Adjust Video Quality|
|KeepVid||Twitch mp3 video conversion||Mp3 and Mp4 video conversion, Adjust video resolution, Fast download.|
|Clipsey||Simple One-Click Download||One-page user-friendly interface, One-click download, Chrome browser extension.|
|Twitch Video Downloader||Twitch Video Conversion||Convert Twitch Videos into multiple videos and audio formats, compatible with several multi-media devices.|
|UnTwitch||Fast Twitch Video Download||Mp3 conversion, Sleek UI, Clip Twitch videos.|
Best for high-quality Twitch videos.
CleverGet Twitch Downloader is an inexpensive but powerful Twitch video downloader currently on the market. It is a breeze to download everything on Twitch (live streams, recorded broadcasts, VODs, clips, and highlights.)
Furthermore, with the help of CleverGet Twitch Downloader, users can decide to download 720P, 1080P, or even 4K videos of 60 fps from Twitch without any quality loss. In addition, it offers users a full list of download options where they can choose to save downloaded Twitch videos as MP4 or other formats.
This downloader also supports downloading Twitch video to audio for enjoyment during the car drive.
Here are the specific steps to download Twitch Videos using CleverGet Twitch Downloader:
Step 1: Search for videos with a built-in browser.
Step 2: Select preferred download options.
Step 3: Click the “Download” button.
- Download all kinds of Twitch videos (VODs, clips, highlights, etc.)
- Built-in browser for direct search for Twitch videos.
- High-performance download speed and quality (up to 60fps 4K videos.)
- Adjustable download options for different resolutions, sizes, and formats.
- Download long-lasting Twitch live streams.
- Software installation is needed.
- The downloadable format is decided by the video source.
Price: Free trial version is available for 3 videos. $29.97 for 1-year license/ $47.97 for one-time payment.
Best for downloading multiple Twitch videos simultaneously at high speed.
HitPaw Twitch Video Converter enables you to save Twitch videos with full accelerated conversion speed and high quality, making Twitch video downloading easier. You may take advantage of the extremely quick parsing and processing speed with the cutting-edge AI algorithm.
HitPaw Twitch Video downloader also supports converting Twitch video to more than 1000 formats and devices.
Here are 3 steps to download Twitch Videos using HitPaw Twitch Video Downloader:
Step 1: Copy and paste the URL of the Twitch clip you want to download.
Step 2: Choose the video output format as per your preference.
Step 3: Hit download to save Twitch clips on your local storage.
- Download Twitch clips at high speed without quality loss.
- Save Time with Batch Processing.
- Built-in player and editor.
- Multiply your experience: cut, crop, watermark, compress, effects, add subtitles, etc.
- User-friendly interface.
- Software installation is needed.
Pricing: Free Trial available for converting and downloading Twitch videos. Starting Price for $19.95 and 1-Year Update License for $39.95 per year and a Single-user Lifetime Update License for $79.95.
Best for clipping Twitch videos.
Clipr is a widely-renowned web-based Twitch video downloader. It is valued as one of the cleanest websites you’ll find to download Twitch VODs from. It possesses a very simple and clutter-free interface, which makes the prospect of downloading videos from the platform incredibly simple.
You are instantly greeted with the text box, wherein you are required to paste the URL of the Twitch clip or video you want to download. The platform also allows you to clip long videos by helping select the beginning and end times of the video.
Another thing we like about Clipr is its trending page, wherein you get access to hundreds and thousands of Twitch videos from popular streamers. You can download those videos and clips directly from Clipr without opening Twitch’s website.
How to download Twitch VODs via Clipr:
- Copy and paste the URL of the Twitch clip you want to download in Clipr’s text box.
- Choose the video quality and set the start and end time of the video as per your preference.
- Hit download to save the video clip on your system.
- User-friendly interface
- Allows you to choose video quality before downloading
- The download is super-fast
- Cut long videos short before downloading
- The trending page allows you to download popular Twitch clips directly from Clipr.
- Completely web-based, no registration, sign-up, or installation needed.
- You can only download videos with a duration not exceeding 1 hour at a time.
Best for Twitch mp3 video conversion.
KeepVid is another simple platform. It lacks the finesse of Clipr but still gets the job done with its user-friendly interface and incredible download speed. KeepVid will download any video on Twitch in mp4 format. If you only want to extract the audio of a Twitch video, you can use KeepVid to download the video in mp3 format.
How to download Twitch VOD with KeepVid:
- Copy and paste the link of the URL of the Twitch Video you want to download
- Select the video quality and output format you want to download the video in.
- Hit the ‘download’ button to save the video on your system.
- Convert Twitch videos to high-quality mp3 and mp4 format.
- Directly search for Twitch videos to download on the KeepVid platform itself. No need to open Twitch.
- The download is really fast.
- Adjust video resolution before downloading.
- No way to cut long Twitch videos short before downloading.
Best for simple one-click download.
In hindsight, Clipsey isn’t as feature-heavy or sophisticated as most other tools on this list. However, it still makes it to the top of our list because of its austere nature and minimalistic design. It is here to serve one purpose – to help you download videos from Twitch in one click. That purpose is served excellently.
You simply copy and paste the URL of the video in Clipsey’s text box and hit download. To make the downloading process even simpler, Clipsey also comes with a Chrome browser extension. With this extension in your browser, you no longer have to copy-paste URLs. The download option will show up above every video you open on Twitch.
Steps to download Twitch videos:
- Copy and paste the URL of the Twitch Video in Clipsey.
- Hit the download button, the video will be saved in the download folder of your system.
- One-page user-friendly interface
- One-click download
- Chrome browser extension.
- Very limited in scope
- No option to choose the format or adjust video quality.
#6) Twitch Online Downloader
Best for Twitch video conversion.
Twitch Online Downloader provides users with a very simple and fast way to download or covert Twitch videos in their desired format. In fact, the platform blows every other tool out of the water with regard to its conversion abilities. It can help you download or convert a video in multiple audio and video output formats.
You simply copy and paste the link of the video URL you want to download, select the output format, and hit download. The platform supports the download of videos from over 200 sites. As such, besides Twitch, you can use this site to download videos from YouTube, Facebook, Vimeo, Yahoo, etc.
- Professional looking website.
- Choose from a plethora of audio and video formats to download Twitch videos in.
- Download videos from sites like CNN and CBS.
- Convert Twitch videos to be compatible with several multi-media devices.
- Sometimes the site has trouble reading the Twitch video link fed to it, making the download process a tad bit frustrating.
Website: Twitch Online Downloader
Best for fast Twitch clip downloads.
UnTwitch follows the same formula that has worked so well for users of all the other platforms we’ve already mentioned on the list. You use UnTwitch’s text box to paste the URL link of the video you want to download, select video quality, start and end time parameters, and hit the ‘Download’ button. You will be able to download Twitch videos for a duration of 1 hour at a time.
The platform also allows you to convert Twitch videos to mp3. However, this function only works on Twitch videos that do not exceed 30 minutes in duration. Plus, you also don’t have the option of setting up start and end parameters when converting videos to mp3 using UnTwitch.
- User-friendly interface
- Select start and end time parameters to clip videos as per preference
- Convert Twitch videos to mp3
- Mp3 conversion only works for videos that do not exceed 30 minutes of duration.
#8) 4K Video Downloader
Best for Smart Mode to establish pre-configured settings for all downloads.
4K Video Downloader is a desktop application that allows you to download videos from a plethora of online content platforms, including Twitch. As the name suggests, this app helps you download videos from Twitch in 4k and UHD quality. The app also supports the download of videos that feature a 360-degree view.
To use the app, download the application on your system. Luckily, the app works on both Mac and Windows systems. To download videos, you simply copy and paste the Twitch video URL link in the app, choose the output format, choose the resolution, and hit download.
Its smart mode feature also helps you set parameters that will apply to all your future downloads.
- Download 3D Videos.
- Download 360-degree videos.
- Supports the download of 4K, UHD, 1080p quality videos.
- Allows you to extract videos from subtitles.
- Some people may not like the hassle of installing software on their system to capture Twitch videos.
- The platform’s advanced features are more effective for a platform like YouTube than they are for Twitch.
Price: Free, Personal plan – $15, Pro – $45, Bundle – $65 one-time fee.
Website: 4K Video Downloader
Best for editing videos for Twitch Streamers.
Clideo is unlike any other tool in this video and is specifically made for Twitch streamers. This is the tool for you if you want to the meme, compress, cut, or merge your Twitch videos. This is an editing software for Twitch videos. It is compatible with iOS, Mac, Android, and Windows devices.
To use Clideo, you must be a Twitch streamer with access to their own library of videos. You’ll have to download your Twitch videos and then upload them to your Clideo account. Once uploaded, you will have all the tools you need to cut a particular Twitch video, merge it with another video or compress its size.
- Compatible with almost all operating systems and browsers.
- Helps you set start and end times to conveniently cut videos into short clips.
- You get a suite of tools to edit Twitch videos as per your preference.
- You can add subtitles to your videos using this tool.
- Help you convert videos into mp3 format
- The tool is only helpful for Twitch streamers. Casual viewers of Twitch cannot use this platform to download Twitch as that is not the function it performs.
Price: $9/month to process an unlimited number of videos, $72 per year to process unlimited videos.
Best for picture-in-picture mode.
Windsya adheres to the traditional copy-paste formula of downloading Twitch videos. You copy and paste the URL link of the Twitch video and hit the download button to quickly save the video on your system for offline viewing. There are, however, two areas where Windsya really impressed us.
The first was the fact that it allows you to preview the clip you are about to download. You can adjust the playback speed to quickly go through the video you wish to download. Then there is the picture-in-picture mode, where you get to open a separate mini-window containing the video along with the original video in place.
- Simple and fast Twitch video downloading.
- Adjust video playback speed to watch a video at a faster or slower pace.
- Useful picture-in-picture mode.
- The UI is easy on the eyes.
- No option to adjust video quality or output format before downloading videos. All videos are downloaded in mp4 format by default.
Best for supporting video download in 4k and 8K quality.
Similar to the 4K Video Downloader, SnapDownloader is another tool that lays strong emphasis on downloading videos that are high in resolution. You can download videos in 8K, 4K, QHD, 1080, and SD via this tool. The platform also helps you download videos in multiple output formats. This includes MP4, MP3, AVI, WMA, AAC, etc.
You can also easily cut long Twitch video clips short by setting your own start and end time for each and every video downloaded. Aside from Twitch, this is a phenomenal downloader to capture videos from other platforms like Facebook, Vimeo, Instagram, and more.
- Converts Twitch videos into several other videos and audio formats.
- Supports 8K and 4K resolution videos.
- Download multiple videos in batches.
- Facilitates easy proxy set-up.
- Supports download of videos from over 900 online content platforms.
- Requires you to install the software on your system.
- The pricing plans maybe not appeal to everyone.
Price: $7.99/month, $14.99 for 3 months, $19.99 for annual subscription.
Best for simple Twitch video download.
Clip.Ninja is yet another online website that makes downloading Twitch videos extremely simple. The platform can download Twitch videos with a duration not exceeding 1 hour. The platform can also convert Twitch videos to mp3. However, you can only convert videos with a duration of 20 minutes or less into mp3 using this website.
- Simple Copy-Paste Twitch Video download.
- Get detailed information about the video you are about to download like the number of views on the video and streamer details.
- Convert video to mp3 in one click.
- Superfast video download and conversion speed.
- No way to set parameters like choosing video resolution or output format.
- Only supports mp3 conversion for videos that do not exceed 20 minutes of duration.
Best for downloading Twitch videos without length restrictions.
Now here is a platform that allows you to download Twitch videos without any restriction on their length or size. The platform can help you download 8-hour streams in an hour, depending on your Internet speed. You also get the chance to select among various available qualities for the video before downloading it.
The platform also helps you download certain popular and trending Twitch clips from the Vods.online platform itself. No need to open Twitch separately if you find your favorite Twitch clip showcased on this website. Aside from Twitch, the platform can also download videos from Facebook and YouTube.
- Download Videos of any size and length.
- Choose video quality before downloading.
- Select Twitch videos to download directly from Vods.online’s trending page.
- Clip a particular VOD by setting the start and end time parameters.
- No option to change the video output format.
- The interface is a bit cluttered.
#14) YouTube 4K Downloader
Best for unlimited video download.
Make no mistake, although there is YouTube in its name, this downloader is powerful enough to download videos from several content platforms online, including Twitch. It allows you to download an unlimited number of videos without charging a dime. You can cut videos, and download videos in various formats, including audio exclusive ones.
The platform also supports the download of multiple videos in one go. The platform is also 100% safe from viruses so you can rest easy knowing your system is not at risk of malware attacks when downloading videos using it.
- Supports batch download of videos.
- Allows you to clip Twitch videos with start and end time parameter adjustment.
- Allows you to convert Twitch videos in multiple output formats.
- Browser extensions for Chrome, Firefox, and Edge.
- Download Videos in 4K quality.
- The platform had trouble processing long Twitch videos for download.
- Features are more effective for other platforms like YouTube than Twitch
Website: YouTube 4K Downloader
#15) Down Video
Best for Twitch Video to mp4 conversions.
Down Video offers the same tried and tested formula of downloading Twitch videos to its users. It offers a cluttered but still easy-to-use interface to download your Twitch videos. You copy-paste the URL of the video you want to download, select the converter option, and hit the download button to save the video on your system.
You can download videos, regardless of their duration and length. The platform also supports the download of videos in 4K resolution. The platform also helps you convert videos in mp3 format.
- Download videos as long as you wish.
- Easy mp3 conversion of Twitch videos.
- Download videos in 2 easy steps.
- Download videos from other popular content platforms as well.
- The interface’s design isn’t visually appealing and needs a better color scheme.
Website: Down Video
Best for simple Twitch MP4 download.
Try2Mate is as simple as it gets when it comes to websites that allow you to download Twitch videos. You can download an unlimited number of videos or covert Twitch clips into mp3 or mp4 files using this website. The platform is compatible with all browsers and operating systems. Aside from Twitch, it can download videos for over 450 other content platforms online.
- Download an unlimited number of videos.
- Visually sleek UI.
- Convert Twitch videos into mp3 files.
- Only lets you download Twitch videos in mp4 format.
#17) Cisdem Video Converter
Best for Twitch Video Downloader for Mac
Cisdem Video Converter is a desktop application that allows you to download videos in a safe and secure manner from over 100 websites, including Twitch. It can download videos without any quality degradation. Once you’ve downloaded Twitch videos, you can make use of its editing tools to further enhance the quality of your Twitch videos.
The platform is also incredibly fast, allowing you to download or convert videos at an exceptional speed. There are other functions for which you can use this tool as well, such as for DVD ripping and converting PDF files.
- 1:1 video quality ratio.
- Supports over 600 video and audio formats.
- The app offers 300 presets that are compatible with several Apple devices.
- Offers multiple editing tools to edit your Twitch software.
- Works only for Mac.
- You’ll have to install the app on your system for it to work.
Price: License for 1 Mac – $49.99. License for 2 Macs – $74.99, License for 5 Macs – $137.99
Website: Cisdem Video Converter
#18) Twitch Leecher
Best for open source Twitch VOD downloader.
Twitch Leecher provides you with a user-friendly interface that helps you easily download Twitch VODs and clips from the platform. It allows you to search for channel names with the help of video links.
The app’s main interface is divided into several key areas. There is a dedicated area for VOD listings. The VODs are listed with details like their name; the game being played on it, length of the video, recording time, and quality.
- Very easy to use.
- Intuitive and Stylish UI.
- The download speed is at least 20 times faster.
- Allows you to search channels, along with VOD URLs and IDs.
- Allows you to queue multiple downloads.
- Several users have reported bugs tainting their user experience. Fortunately, we can expect this problem to be solved soon.
Website: Twitch Leecher
It is a bummer that Twitch doesn’t allow its casual viewers to download videos for offline viewing. That being said, all you need are tools like the above to easily download Twitch videos in no time. All the above platforms and applications are extremely easy to use and allow you to download clips of your choosing in 2-3 simple steps.
As for our recommendation, if you seek a tool that allows you to adjust start and end time parameters to clip your favorite Twitch videos before downloading, then we recommend you go with Clipr. KeepVid is another platform that we would recommend for its user-friendly interface and simple downloading process.
- We spent 20 hours researching and writing this article so you can have summarized and insightful information on which Twitch Video Downloaders will best suit you.
- Total tools researched – 35
- Total tools shortlisted – 16