Through this article you will understand System Service Exception Windows 10 Enterprise error and multiple effective methods to fix it:
Programmers and developers work hard every day to make perfect software or applications that do not malfunction or display an error when used on a system under any possible configuration. And if, in any case, there are some glitches and bugs in the software, the developers find out the errors and fix them in future updates.
Talking of the errors, BSoD errors have always haunted the users.
Therefore, in this article, we will discuss one such BSoD error called system service exception error. Besides discussing this error in detail, we will discuss the possible variations of the error and will learn the causes and ways to fix this error.
What You Will Learn:
- What is System Service Exception Error
- Ways to Fix System Service Exception BSoD
- Method 1: Update System
- Method 2: Update Driver
- Method 3: Run SFC
- Method 4: Disable Antivirus
- Method 5: Check the Hard Drive
- Method 6: Run Antivirus Scan
- Method 7: Run chkdsk
- Method 8: Disable Your Webcam
- Method 9: Run Windows Memory Diagnostic Tool
- Method 10: Use Driver Verifier Manager
- Method 11: Run BSoD Troubleshooter
- Method 12: Reset Windows 10
- Method 13: Update BIOS
- Method 14: Microsoft Hotfix
- Frequently Asked Questions
What is System Service Exception Error
This is a BSoD (Blue Screen of Death) error, which a user faces most of the time while operating the system. Users have been facing BSoD errors in their systems for decades and the error has turned out to be annoying as they restart the system in a loop and disrupt the working and efficiency.
There are various reasons which can be responsible for the system service exception BSoD error, and some are mentioned below:
#1) Malicious Programs
The malicious programs or the infected files present in the system are mainly responsible for this error and can be resolved usually by an antivirus scan.
#2) Corrupted Windows System Files
The corrupted files in the system are responsible for various errors that could disrupt your work and efficiency. Therefore, these files should be identified and fixed at the earliest.
#3) Incompatible Windows Drivers
We install drivers on the system that makes the system work smoothly and efficiently, but sometimes the incompatible or damaged drivers can be the reason for such errors.
#4) Bugged Windows Updates
Windows provides its users with the latest updates so that we can download them and update the system to fix the bugs if there are any. But some updates are responsible for new errors in the system.
The variations and various forms of this error are as follows:
- SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION Windows 10
- SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION Windows 7
- SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION 00000000`c0000005
- SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION 0x0000003b
- SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION netio.sys Windows 10
- SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION Blue Screen
- SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION VirtualBox
Ways to Fix System Service Exception BSoD
There are numerous ways to fix stop code system service exceptions, which include various scans and fixes mentioned below:
Method 1: Update System
Windows uses the feedback provided by the users and works on developing the fixes and updates, which can help the users to prevent various errors in the system. So, you must update your system to the latest updates provided by Windows.
- Press the “Windows” button and click on “Settings” as you can see in the image below.
- The settings window will open, click on the “Update & security” option.
- A window will open, as shown in the image below.
Method 2: Update Driver
Drivers are important software that plays an essential role to make the hardware components of your system work smoothly and efficiently. If drivers are updated properly, your system will run smoothly. So, you must keep the drivers updated to not face any bug or error while working.
- Right-click on the “Windows” icon then click on “Device Manager” as displayed in the image below.
- The Device Manager window will open.
- Right-click on all drivers one by one and click on “Update Driver” as presented in the image below.
- Likewise, update all the drivers one after the other.
Method 3: Run SFC
Windows provides its users with the System File Scan feature. The featured has scanned your system for errors or issues and also fixes them if they are present on the system. This procedure turns to be very useful while troubleshooting errors and fixing system_service_exception.
Follow the steps mentioned in the link below to fix this error:
- Click on the “Start” button and search for “Windows PowerShell” as depicted in the image below. Now make a right-click and click on “Run as Administrator“.
- A blue window will be visible, as shown in the image below.
- Type “sfc/scannow” and press “Enter“.
- After the process is completed, a window will appear as below.
When the process is completed, the system will locate all the corrupt files and will fix them.
Method 4: Disable Antivirus
Antivirus programs run various checks and scans in the background, which can be responsible for various errors in the system. Therefore, you must disable the antivirus present in your system to fix this error.
Method 5: Check the Hard Drive
Corrupted memory can be one of the reasons for the various errors that you face while working on your system. Therefore, it is a primary concern to check that the hard drive is in good shape both technically and physically. Also, check for any malware or infected files present in the system.
Method 6: Run Antivirus Scan
Malware or a virus disrupts the normal working of the system. Therefore, you must run an antivirus scan to scan malware or infected files in the system and remove them to make your system smooth and efficient. You can run a full system scan to make sure that your system is secure from unwanted and infected files.
Method 7: Run chkdsk
It is a feature that Windows provides to help you in locating corrupted memory in the system and fix various errors in the system. This feature checks for disk space, disk utilization, and other related processes.
- Right-click on ‘’Command Prompt’’ and click on “Run as administrator” as presented in the below image.
- A window will open as shown in the image below, type “chkdsk“.
Method 8: Disable Your Webcam
Users can also fix this error by disabling the webcam of the system. Follow the steps mentioned below to disable the webcam of your system:
- Press ”Windows + X” from your keyboard, and a drop list will appear. Click on the “Device Manager“.
- Now, click on “Imaging devices” and make a right-click on the webcam driver. Then click on “Disable device” from the list of options available, as presented in the image below.
Method 9: Run Windows Memory Diagnostic Tool
Windows Memory Diagnostic tool is a free memory test program that allows you to scan memory and find any corrupted data present on the system, and fix system_ service_exception.
- Open the Run dialog box by pressing Windows +R from your keyboard and searching for “mdsched.exe” in the search bar and clicking on “OK“.
- A dialog box will be displayed as in the image below. Click on ”Restart now and check for problems(recommended).“
- The system will restart, and a process will begin.
The scan will look for all the bad memory present in the system and will fix them.
Method 10: Use Driver Verifier Manager
It is a feature provided by Windows which allows you to verify and check all the drivers present in the system. Follow the steps mentioned below to run driver verifier manager and fix system service exception Windows:
- Search for ‘’Windows Powershell”, right-click on it, and then click on “Run as administrator”.
- Now, a blue screen option will appear, as presented in the image below. Type “verifier” and press Enter.
- A dialog box will appear, as displayed below. Now, check the “Create standard settings” option and then click on the “Next” button.
- Check the “Automatically select unsigned drivers” option and then click on “Next“.
- A process will occur, and a message will be displayed on PowerShell titled “The operation completed successfully,” as shown below.
Method 11: Run BSoD Troubleshooter
Windows provides its users with a bluescreen troubleshooter, which allows you to detect BSoD errors in the system and find respective fixes for the same.
- Press the “Window+I” button and the Settings window will open, click on “Update & security” as displayed in the image below.
- Click on the “Troubleshoot” option from the list of options present in the sidebar.
- Click on the Blue Screen label and then click on “Run the Troubleshooter“.
- The troubleshooter will start looking for the possible threats of Blue Screen of Death error.
Method 12: Reset Windows 10
There is a high possibility that the error may have been generated due to the recent changes made in the settings of the system. So, by resetting the Windows, you can reverse back all the changes made and configure the system to its default settings.
Note: Remember to prepare a backup of data before resetting the system.
Method 13: Update BIOS
BIOS (basic input/output system) is an essential program that is used by the system’s microprocessor to start the computer system after it is powered on. It also manages data flow between the operating system and the devices attached.
Therefore, it is very important that the BIOS must be updated to its latest version. You can easily download the latest updates from the respective manufacturer’s website.
Note: Only a person with excellent technical knowledge should update BIOS
Warning: Perform this method under expert guidance and read the manual carefully because if not performed correctly, then this method can be harmful.
Method 14: Microsoft Hotfix
Note: This fix is for the version till Windows 7 only. This hotfix is no longer available on Microsoft. It’s included in the OS upgrade so upgrade your OS to the latest version.
Hotfix is the feature that Microsoft offers to its users to fix errors in the system. It is basically a collection of information on various problems that the software faces. Follow the steps discussed below to install Microsoft Hotfix:
- Download the Hotfix.
- Select the version based on the system architecture and click on “Next“
Frequently Asked Questions
Q #1) What causes system service exceptions?
Answer: There are various reasons which are responsible for system service exception errors, and some of them are mentioned below:
- Damaged or Incompatible drivers
- Bugged Updates
- Malware or infected files
- Corrupted system files
Q #2) What is a service exception?
Answer: The service exception is a bug or error present in Windows and is faced by the user while working on the system. There are various ways to fix this error, including the basic BSoD checks performed on the system.
Q #3) What causes machine check exceptions?
Answer: The machine check exception is a BSoD error that a user faces when the system is unable to recognize any hardware or software installed in the system.
Q #4) How do I fix the blue screen exception in Windows 10?
Answer: There are various ways to fix the Blue Screen exception in Windows 10, and some of them are as follows:-
- System Restore
- System File Scan
- Windows update
- Update drivers
- Blue Screen troubleshooter
Q #5) How do I fix System Service Exception NTFS Sys?
Answer: There are various ways to fix System Service Exception in your system and some of them are listed below:
- Update Drivers
- Run System File Scan
- Run Memory Diagnostic Test
- Use Driver Verifier Manager
- Update BIOS
Q #6) What causes NTFS Sys?
Answer: The major cause of NTFS Sys is a corrupt disk which occurs due to bad sectors present in the memory drive.
In this article, we have discussed the Windows 10 system service exception error and have learned various ways to fix it. The steps that we’ve listed in this article will help you in troubleshooting the problems whenever a system service exception BSOD will appear on your system.
In most cases, the error can be avoided by keeping your system updated unless there is a more serious hardware issue.