This hands-on tutorial explains 5 methods to fix the ‘YouTube Audio Renderer Error. Please Restart Your Computer’ error:
Yes, indeed it would be annoying when sometimes you are trying to open a YouTube video and all you get is an Audio renderer error message displayed on the screen. Do not worry, as you are not the only person who is facing the issue.
In this tutorial, we will discuss what an Audio renderer error is while you are trying to open a video on YouTube. Also, we will discuss the possible causes that have caused the error along with the ways with which we can resolve such errors.
What You Will Learn:
What is Audio Renderer Error in YouTube
Audio renderer error YouTube is a situation where a user sees a blank screen in the player with the phrase “Auto render error try restarting your system” highlighted on the screen.
- The first possible cause of Audio renderer error in YouTube is the glitches in the software and that can be resolved after the drivers are updated.
- The second possible reason for the Audio renderer error in YouTube is the connection of various playback devices connected to the system.
Recommended OS Repair Tool – Outbyte Driver Updater
There is a good chance that the issue you are facing with your YouTube audio renderer is due to some bugs in your sound drivers. As such, Outbyte Driver Update is the software that we would recommend to perform regular driver updates to avoid such issues from ever arising again. The driver updater can be configured to perform scans automatically on the scheduled date and time set by you.
This way you can rest assured that your sound drivers are updated and errors pertaining to YouTube audio rendering are fixed without any hassle.
- Perform Diagnostic Operations to Find Outdated Drivers.
- Scheduled Scans to Automatically Update Drivers.
- Backup and Restore Versions of Drivers
- PC Performance Optimizer
Ways to Correct the YouTube Audio Renderer Error
There are several ways to fix the Audio renderer error on YouTube. We have mentioned a few of the methods with which, the error can be fixed.
Also Read =>> Best Audio Visualizer Softwares Solutions
#1) Reconnect Device
The first and foremost way to resolve this error is by trying to reconnect the external device that you are using. This is done to ensure that there is no weak connection of the device with the system, so before moving further with the other steps, try reconnecting the device to the system.
#2) Update Drivers
There may be a possibility that this error may occur due to some bug or glitch in the sound drivers. So, in order to avoid further errors or glitches, one should update the sound drivers of the external device to the latest available version. This method is fruitful as it fixes the latest bugs in the system.
Follow the steps below to update the drivers:
- Run Audio troubleshooter.
- Click on the ‘’Windows’’ button and search for “Settings” in the search bar and open it as shown in the image below.
- A window will appear as shown in the below image.
- Now search for Troubleshoot in the search bar as shown below.
- Click on the “Find and fix audio playback problems” option. A window will open with the Playing Audio option as shown below.
- An error detection process will begin as shown in the below image.
- The troubleshooter will end with detecting the problem faced in the sound settings as shown in the below image.
#3) Roll Back Driver
Sometimes the new driver update may cause bugs in the driver and in such a situation rolling back to the earlier versions of the driver is a better choice. Follow the steps below to roll back the drivers.
- Right-click on the ‘’Windows’’ start button and a list will appear as shown in the image below.
- Click on the ‘’Device Manager’’ button and the Device Manager window will open as shown in the below image.
- Select any driver and right-click on it as shown in the image below. Now, click on the ‘’Properties’’ option.
- The below window will appear.
- Click on the ‘’Driver’’ option and select the ‘’Roll Back Driver’’ option from the list of options as shown in the below image.
- A window will appear and you need to choose the reason to roll back the driver version. Click on the ‘’Yes’’ button as shown in the below image.
#4) Update Driver
Every company releases regular updates & patches of the drivers and software developed by it. So, keeping your driver updated is very important.
- Open the “Device Manager” and right-click on the driver you want to update as shown in the image below.
- A window asking the user to make a choice whether to update automatically or browse for the updates in drivers will appear.
- The searching process will begin for the updates of the drivers as shown in the below image.
- The system will search for the updates and install them automatically. When the process is completed, a completion window will appear as shown in the image below.
#5) Restart Your Computer
Sometimes the Audio renderer error in YouTube may occur due to system lag and various other problems.
So, the best way to clear this error is by restarting your system so that the files come back into the memory and thereby fix the basic errors.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q #1) How to restart Realtek Audio Manager?
- Double click on “Sound, Video, and Audio Controllers.”
- Right-click on the sound driver.
- Click on ‘’Enable to restart the device’’.
Q #2) How to run Audio Troubleshooter?
- Connect your Audio playback devices.
- Restart your computer.
- Run audio troubleshooting.
- Restart your Audio drivers.
- Update your Audio driver.
- Rollback your Audio driver.
- Set the same sample rate for both the audio driver as well as the ASIO driver.
Q #3) Where can you find the playing Audio Troubleshooter?
Answer: The Troubleshooter can be found in the audio settings.
- Click on “Start”.
- Go to “Settings”.
- Click on System -> Sound -> Troubleshoot.
Q #4) How to uninstall audio drivers in windows 10?
- Press “Windows + X key” from your keyboard.
- From the pop-up menu select the “Device Manager”.
- Click on “Sound, Video and Audio Controllers”.
- Select the drivers that you want to Uninstall.
- Click on “Uninstall”.
Q #5) How do you fix an audio driver?
- Open Device Manager.
- Look for the option of Sound Drivers.
- Right-click on the driver and click on Update driver.
- Click on “Browse for drivers update”.
- Select the update you want to install.
Q #6) How do you fix Realtek Audio?
- Press “Windows + X key”.
- Select the “Device Manager” option.
- Click on “Sound, Video and Device Controllers”.
- Right-click on the Realtek High Definition Audio Device option.
- Right-click on the “Update Driver”.
- Select the updates and update the driver.
- Restart your system and your Realtek Audio will be fixed.
Further reading =>> How to Fix Realtek HD Audio Manager Missing Error
Q #7) How do you unlock sound on the laptop?
- Open the Control Panel.
- Click on ‘’Hardware and Sound’’.
- Click on ‘’Sound’’.
- Right-click on the default Playback Device option and then click on ‘’Properties’’.
- Click on the ‘’Advanced Tab’’.
- Clear check- boxes in Exclusive Mode Section(give Exclusive mode of selection option).
- Click ‘’OK’’.
In this tutorial, we discussed what is Audio renderer error in YouTube, its possible causes, and the various methods that can be used to fix the error on your system. Methods like restarting your system, updating your drivers, and looking for various other possible causes is the best bet.
The Audio renderer error in YouTube occurs due to the inability of calibration of software with the drivers, and this could be due to any reason or bugs in the driver. There are often chances that this error occurs due to some glitch in the browser. Hence the users can choose to shift to another browser to avoid such errors.
Further reading => How to unblock YouTube Videos
We hope you learned something new and interesting today on Audio Renderer Error In YouTube!!