This tutorial provides a clear understanding of Salesforce Commerce Cloud. Learn various features of Salesforce Commerce Cloud capabilities:
Despite this Covid-19 pandemic situation, we are still finding a steep growth curve for the eCommerce businesses, all over the world. The burgeoning e-commerce market grew faster during this time with a behavior shift of the customers, as the brick-and-mortar stores were forced to close for many months.
So, people preferred to stay indoors and buy from the comfort of their homes, merely using a few clicks only. As per a report from Statista, the eCommerce market will fetch an estimated revenue of S$2,723,991m in 2021.
Salesforce Commerce Cloud is a part of the Salesforce customer success platform that offers various benefits for your eCommerce business such as a unified customer experience, connect with B2C customers, anywhere, and at any time, seamless, self-service experience for the B2B clients and provide AI-powered customer insights.
What You Will Learn:
What Is Salesforce Commerce Cloud
Salesforce Commerce Cloud was formerly known as Demandware and is a cloud-based, multi-tenant architecture that delivers intelligent digital commerce solutions, anywhere, built around your customers to drive faster business growth, with eCommerce. It offers an amazing experience for customers – both in-store or online.
It provides unified, omnichannel buying experiences on web, mobile, offline stores as well as social media for the leading brands in the world.
The below video explains the basics of Salesforce Commerce Cloud:
Also Read =>> Salesforce CRM Tutorial
Salesforce Commerce Cloud Capabilities
These are as follows:
- B2C Commerce
- B2B Commerce
- Order Management
- Commerce Platform
- Content Management
- AI-enabled Commerce
#1) B2C Commerce
B2C Commerce solutions enable you to connect with shoppers, anytime, anywhere – online or stores with a unified, intelligent commerce experience.
The features of B2C Commerce solutions are:
#1) Increase conversions of shoppers with digital and seamless commerce experiences.
- Adopt best practices to reduce abandoned carts including optimized checkout flows.
- Offer mobile commerce, equipped with mobile-first capabilities such as data-driven UX and responsive design.
- Enable your service agents to work with higher efficiency with real-time access to order history and digital storefronts.
#2) Create and launch campaigns and promotions with ease.
- Launch and build innovative campaigns faster, and carry out A/B testing based on locations, consumer behaviors, and channels.
- Increase the number of interested shoppers and loyal customers with AI-based recommendations.
#3) Leverage the power of AI with Salesforce Einstein.
- Provide tailored shopping experiences for personalized product suggestions with Einstein Recommendations.
- Achieve higher conversions with an intelligent way of searching for the items they want.
#4) Offer out-of-the-box solutions with B2C Commerce developer tools.
- Provide unified customer journey across various functions and quickly build feature-rich storefronts with Storefront Reference Architecture.
- Create mobile commerce apps with APIs and extend the shopping experience with B2C Commerce functionalities and Open Commerce APIs.
#5) Reach out to new markets faster and access multiple websites.
- Mitigate risks, costs, and technical complexity with secure infrastructure.
- Build custom sites based on currencies, language, and culture.
- Manage various sites, brands, devices, and geographies with a single, unified framework.
Here are some screenshots on B2C Commerce:
How Salesforce Commerce Cloud prove beneficial for brands?
Puma is one brand that has relaunched mobile websites by harnessing the power of Salesforce with the Storefront Reference Architecture of Commerce Cloud. This helps them to increase conversions and render better shopping experiences by offering best practices on mobile UX design, technical architecture and merchandising.
This enables the merchants to build unique sites. They had an implementation of the Storefront Reference Architecture with multiple countries; languages and currencies in mind. Also, Puma now has intelligent mobile-first sites to survive the demands of a brand new product.
Samsonite also implemented Salesforce Commerce Cloud to internalize the B2C and B2B Commerce for a unified Commerce Experience. Salesforce Commerce Cloud led the brand to generate more opportunities for upselling and make life easier for the brand with increased revenue.
The brand offers a personalized journey with the direct-to-consumer channel. Above all, the Salesforce Commerce platform enables them to stay ahead of competitors with best-in-class customer experiences. This offers a seamless experience for customers across all channels with a single brand view and exceeds customer expectations on account of the unified commerce.
#2) B2B Commerce
B2B Commerce solutions help to increase revenue with easy, online buying.
The features of the B2B Commerce solutions are:
#1) Maximize growth with tailored solutions for B2B clients with easy-to-use features.
- Provide easy, consumer-like experiences, anytime and anywhere, and across a wide range of devices.
- Provide real-time insights to the sales team to create winning strategies.
#2) Engage more customers with seamless, connected experiences.
- Offer a 360-degree customer view across all departments- sales, commerce, and service.
- Connect with customers with real-time response across all customer touchpoints.
#3) Build a scalable business, quickly.
- Launch quickly, generate revenue with the fastest implementation of B2B eCommerce solutions.
- Reduce costs with guided experiences and self-service tools and relocate resources for other opportunities.
#4) Cater to the specific needs of various industries with custom solutions.
- Streamline the ordering process and manage spilt shipments from a single platform.
- Offer smart digital experiences by building stock inventory, offer contract pricing and custom catalogs as well.
Here are some screenshots on B2B Commerce:
Suggested Reading =>> Top eCommerce Software Platforms
#3) Order Management
Order Management enables to easily and precisely offer seamless ordering, with clarity.
The features of Order Management solutions are:
#1) Offer a complete order management solution.
- Automate the order management processes such as order fulfilments, invoices with supply chain workflows, and payment capture.
- Enable buyers to select multiple addresses and partial shipments for the more complex orders.
#2) Provide unified Order servicing.
- Offer self-service to check cancellations, returns, and the order status, using a few clicks only.
- Ensure faster case resolutions with automated common requests to let your service reps succeed.
#3) Offer flexible solutions with extended capabilities.
- Use automation tools to quickly build visual workflows with faster adjustments and manage complex processes, without writing any code.
#4) Launch, integrate and build scalable solutions by selecting the right implementation partner for your business.
- Customize the order management by choosing the right app from AppExchange and add the apps for warehouse, store, payments, tax, etc.
- Get a unified view of customers across all channels, share transparent order status, and view all the interactions related to marketing, service, and commerce.
Here is a screenshot on Order Management:
#4) Commerce Platform
Salesforce Commerce platform aims to offer a smarter, faster, and connected commerce experience with apps to reach out to every customer.
The features of the Commerce platform are:
#1) Provide a trusted, intelligent, and flexible commerce experience, for brands on all channels, apps, smart devices, and social media networks.
#2) Enable you to use templates or APIs to deliver a faster, connected, and smarter commerce experience.
- Use page designer tools to easily design feature-rich, highly engaging experiences with just clicks.
- Build quickly unique website framework or buying experience with combined best practices of mobile-first site design and technical architecture.
- Create apps or storefronts with commerce APIs or developer tools to build all the aspects of the commerce experience.
Here is a screenshot on Commerce Platform:
#5) Content Management
Create tailored commerce solutions, faster to deliver content across the entire content journey with Content Management System inbuilt inside the CRM platform.
A content management solution delivers the following features:
#1) Develop content easily.
- Enable to create and deliver content everywhere to collaborate and manage approvals and customize to offer personalized content across customer segments.
- Enable to build faster commerce content and help the users to publish and update content such as blog posts, promotional banners, etc.
#2) Embed content everywhere.
- Reach customers across any channels, anytime, anywhere to offer personalized experiences and deliver content as per customer requirements with pre-built templates or tools for faster deployment and speed-to-market.
- Harness the power of hybrid CMS to author content for portals and mobile apps and share the content across all customer touchpoints with APIs.
Here is a screenshot on Content Management:
#6) AI-enabled Commerce
Increase revenue, customer engagement, and improve productivity with Einstein-enabled commerce.
An AI-driven commerce solution has the following features:
#1) Accelerate the growth of your eCommerce.
- Increase the cart size, achieving higher Average Order Value (AOV) and fetching higher revenue with shoppers using product recommendations based on Einstein.
- Automate the manual tasks and devote more time to creating innovative commerce solutions and save even more time with actionable insights from AI, such as shopping behavior data to get solid results.
- Reduce cart abandonment with personalized experiences with the right search results and easy and accurate product sorting.
#2) Automate merchandising.
- Personalize merchandising automatically on every web page and reduce guesswork with relevant product recommendations.
- Improve conversion rates with automatic tailored search based on all the actions made by the shoppers inclusive of the micro-moments on the mobile devices.
Salesforce Commerce Cloud Pricing
The Salesforce Commerce Cloud pricing varies with customer needs.
Salesforce B2C and B2B Commerce come in three editions:
- B2C Commerce – Starter
- B2C Commerce – Growth
- B2C Commerce – Plus
Get insights on features, add-on pricing, etc from B2C Commerce.
Get insights on features, pricing, etc from B2B Commerce.
Suggested reading =>> Top Alternatives to Salesforce
Frequently Asked Questions
Q #1) What is Salesforce Commerce Cloud?
Answer: Commerce Cloud is a Commerce Solution for B2B and B2C customers. It is a multi-tenant and cloud-based platform that creates an intelligent and unified buying experience as well for the brands.
Q #2) What is Unified Commerce?
Answer: Unified Commerce is meant for multi-channel selling and takes it further. Omnichannel commerce helps to unify several channels. Unified Commerce also integrates channels, client data, and business functions as well all under a single platform. So, there is no need for the customers to move across channels but stay under a single channel that incorporates all data and other channels.
Q #3) What are the tools offered by Commerce Cloud to enable the retailers to establish a connection with consumers with the right products?
Answer: Commerce Cloud can engage and convert more shoppers across a range of digital channels with a custom solution to reach out everywhere. It allows to build branded mobile applications, buy buttons, etc.
Q #4) Why brands use Commerce Cloud?
Answer: The brands are gradually moving away from the traditional systems because Salesforce Commerce has the capability to handle the opportunities with Agility. The single source of truth of Salesforce can save your valuable time by synchronizing the data from several sources.
Q #5) How to drive personalized experiences with Commerce Cloud on websites?
Answer: Commerce Cloud comes embedded with the Artificial Intelligence part of Salesforce, Einstein. It is through this Einstein that brands get personalized experiences for shoppers across all channels.
It offers insights on the following:
- Provide Product Recommendations across all customer touchpoints.
- Offer real-time predictions for shoppers.
- Enhance the conversions with data-driven insights.
- Save precious time with automated tasks.
Salesforce Commerce Cloud allows you to offer innovative customer experiences that can help your brand to increase conversions and build a loyal customer base. Moreover, it comes in two standalone product lines: B2C and B2B Commerce.
The higher conversions are achieved with shared product information, images, and content for various sites and categories. This helps to connect with the customers with the right products.