Explore the list of the top CSS Editor to edit the CSS code easily and quickly:
CSS editor can be defined as an application, which can edit the CSS file.
There are different types of CSS editors i.e. Visual style editors, online editors, Open source editors, and the commercial one. CSS visual style editors will allow you to edit the page without coding.
Even WordPress provides such a facility through a plugin called Yellow Pencil.
Why CSS Editors?
The CSS code is light weighted, easier to maintain, and you will get more formatting options. With CSS, you will get SEO benefits too.
Inline, Internal, and External are the three types of CSS.
CSS editors will also provide the feature of syntax highlighting, find & replace, auto-completion etc. These editors help the developers by showing an instant result of the code. This preview facility will indeed give an idea about how the page will look.
=>> Contact us to suggest your listing here.
What You Will Learn:
Top CSS Code Editor Tools To Use in 2019
Enlisted below are the Top CSS Editors that are trending in 2019.
|Tool Name||Platform||Browser Support||Supported Languages||Use||Best For||Price|
|Supports popular browsers.||CSS||To style your website.||Bullseye feature will allow you to see the related feature of a specific part of the website and update it in just a few clicks.||$79|
|CSS Editing||Style Inspector feature will allow you to add any CSS property in just few clicks.||--|
|WYSIWYG editor. |
It also provides comprehensive information about every CSS property.
|Rapid CSS Editor||Windows||Multiple browsers||HTML,|
|CSS Editing||It has a built-in CSS reference.||$39.95.|
Free Version is also available.
|Multiple selection & edit.||$79|
Stylizer is a CSS editor for Windows and Mac and it will help you to style any website.
- It will show the real-time output for your code.
- It supports all popular browsers. Results will be displayed immediately in the side-by-side preview panes of the browser.
- Repetitive tasks can be done in one click.
- It can work with any website.
Pros: It doesn’t use any temporary files.
Tool Cost/Plan Details: $79. Free trial is also available.
This editor is used more for coding than a WYSIWYG editor. Its latest available version is 188.8.131.52.
- It has live FTP editing.
- It can be integrated with Adobe Dreamweaver and CSE HTML validator.
- Helps in checking browser compatibility issues.
Cons: It has stopped the development.
Style Master is a CSS coding editor for Windows and Mac. It can be used by anyone right from beginners to an expert.
- It can create stylesheets from HTML.
- X-ray feature.
- It supports editing of CSS through FTP.
Pros: A detailed tutorial is provided.
Tool Cost/Plan Details: $59.99
#4) Rapid CSS Editor
Rapid CSS Editor is for Windows and includes more advanced features. With built-in multi-browser preview feature, you can instantly view the output for multiple browsers.
- It has a built-in file explorer.
- Auto-completion of quotes, brackets, etc.
- Smart copy and paste options.
- You can update and save directly on FTP, SFTP, and FTPS server.
- It has many other features.
- It provides plugin support. You can even write your own plugin and add it.
- It provides search and replaces feature.
Tool Cost/Plan Details: It has three plans i.e a free version, $39.95, and $49.95.
Website: Rapid CSS Editor
It is the text and CSS code editor for Mac. It supports multiple languages like CSS, HTML, PHP, Coffee Script, Ruby, Python, XML etc.
- Multiple selection and multi-edit.
- It includes find and replace feature.
Pros: Plugin-in support
Cons: It can be used only on Mac.
Tool Cost/Plan Details: $79.
#6) Xyle Scope
It is the CSS debugging tool for Mac. It can be used on Mac, iPhone, and iPad.
Features: It can inspect the cascade for the required HTML elements.
Cons: No support is available as the development was stopped since 2007.
Tool Cost/Plan Details: Free.
Website: Xyle Scope
#7) Style Studio
It is the CSS editor for Windows operating system.
- It has a CSS validator.
- Preview facility.
- It helps in detecting the invalid properties.
- Color coding for syntax.
- Color picker and color management.
- Pre-defined templates are provided.
- Find and replace feature is available.
Cons: Available only for Windows operating system.
Tool Cost/Plan Details: $49.99. It offers a free trial as well.
Website: Style Studio
#8) CSS3 Please
It is the rule generator for CSS 3.
- Underlined part can be changed.
- You can immediately view the results for the changed part.
- You can even copy the displayed code.
Website: CSS3 Please
It is the text editor and can be used on Mac and iPad. It has many features like CSS overriding, publishing, local indexing etc.
- It will show you a pixel-perfect preview.
- It will help you in managing local and remote files.
- Syntax highlighting.
- It has a built-in terminal and MySQL editor.
- It provides the feature for instant switching between the editor and preview panes.
Pros: Features can be added through plug-ins and it also supports existing plugins.
Cons: It is available only for Mac OS.
Tool Cost/Plan Details: $99.
Additional CSS Code Editors:
There are few more CSS editors software that are very popular like EditPlus, Atom, TextWrangler, Brackets, and Notepad++.
CSS code editors for Linux systems include Gedit, Quanta, Scintilla, and CSS. Open source CSS code editors are also available to practice CSS editing. Atom is one of the most popular open source editors.
You can also take the help of online CSS editors. The main advantage of online editors is that there is no need of environment setup. Some online editors include HTML-CSS-JS.com, CSSPortal.com, Scratchpad.io, CSSdesk.com etc.
CSS editors make coding easy and these editors indeed make it easier to update. Thereby we can conclude that CSS code editors add more flexibility for developers.
Hope this tutorial will help you in choosing the right CSS Editor!!
=>> Contact us to suggest a listing here.