Comprehensive list of the best Software Testing Tools. Put an end to your search for the right Manual or Automated Testing Tool with this informative list:
We are happy to present this exclusive list of the most popular QA Testing Tools that are available in the market.
Get Ready To Explore The Top QA Software Testing Tools!
What You Will Learn:
List Of The BEST Software Testing Tools
Read these informative articles for all your testing needs:
List #1: Top 20 Best Automation Testing Tools
List #2: Top 20 Best Test Management Tools
List #3: 6 Best Automation Tools For Testing Android Applications
List #4: Top 30+ Web Application Testing Tools
List #5: Top 10 Cross Browser Testing Tools
List #6: Top 10 ETL Testing Tools To Watch Out
List #7: TOP 15 Best Mobile Testing Tools For Android & IOS
List #8: 19 Powerful Penetration Testing Tools
List #9: Top 10+ Best SAP Testing Tools
List #10: Top 30 Functional Testing Tools
List #11: Top 20 Accessibility Testing Tools For Web Applications
List #12: 20+ Best Open Source Automation Testing Tools
List #13: 40+ Best Database Testing Tools
List #14: Top 10 Most Popular Regression Testing Tools
List #15: 17 Best Exploratory Testing Tools
List #16: 15 BEST Performance Testing Tools
List #17: Top 10 Agile Testing Tools
List #18: 10 Best API Testing Tools
List #19: 30 Best GUI Testing Tools
List #20: 9 Best VoIP Test Tools: VoIP Speed And Quality Test Tools
List #21: Website Performance Testing Tools And Services
List #22: 25 Best Java Testing Frameworks And Tools For Automation Testing
List #23: Top 4 Open Source Security Testing Tools To Test Web Application
List #24: 10 BEST Email Testing Tools
List #25: 20+ Most Commonly Used Unit Testing Tools
List #26: Top 15+ Most Popular Web Service Testing Tools
List #27: Top 15 SOA Testing Tools For Testers
List #28: Top 10 Continuous Testing Tools For DevOps Testing
List #29: Top 30 Network Testing Tools (Network Performance Diagnostic Tools)
List #30: 18 Best Bug Tracking Software: Top Defect/Issue Tracking Tools
List #31: Top 10 Structured Data Testing And Validation Tools For SEO
List #32: 30 Top Website Link Verification Testing Tools
List #33: SaaS Testing: Challenges, Tools And Testing Approach
List #34: Top 12 BEST Cloud Testing Tools For Cloud-Based Apps
List #35: WAVE Accessibility Testing Tool Tutorial
List #36: Top 10 Integration Testing Tools
List #37: 16+ TOP Usability Testing Tools To Test Your Web Application
List #38: 10 Best Mobile APP Security Testing Tools
List #39: Network Security Testing And Best Network Security Tools
List #40: Top 14 BEST Test Data Management Tools
List #41: Top 10 Popular PHP Testing Frameworks And Tools
List #42: Mobile App Beta Testing Services (IOS And Android Beta Testing Tools)
List #43: Scriptless Test Automation Framework: Tools And Examples
QA Testing Manual And Automation Tools
In this section, we have listed some important factors to consider and capabilities to look for while selecting a software testing tool, different types of tools, and tool lifecycle for you.
Types of Software Testing Tools
#1) Open Source Tools
- No cost, it is free
- No formal support available.
- Many open-source tools are created to solve a particular problem, all of them are not used, so analysis should be done.
- It can be extended and modified to fit the testing needs.
- Multiple tools can be combined to work appropriately.
- Test Manager derives a positive ROI.
- Understand the licensing scheme. Many open source comes under GNU( General Public License), which says that distributed software must always be under the same terms as it was received. If the testing team makes any changes, they need to be available to all the external users.
- The organization which develops safety-critical software may not have an open src tool.
- Unlike the open-source tools, it may not be certified ant its certification may be the responsibility of the group using it.
#2) Custom Tools
- Sometimes testing team finds that they have some special need for which no vendor/open-source tool is available.
- Reasons may be a hardware problem, customized environment, or a process that may have been modified.
- Important to review the purpose, aim, benefits, and downsides and negative issues.
- Custom tools are often dependant on the person creating the tool, so it should be properly documented to maintain.
ROI – Return On Investment
Cost and benefit analysis should be performed before selecting any QA testing tool. ROI should have both recurring and non-recurring benefits.
- Licensing and support fee.
- Maintenance cost
- Maintenance of documentation cost
- Ongoing training and mentoring cost
- Porting to the different environments.
- Improving Quality
- Adopting for the future.
- Define tool requirement
- Evaluate the correct tool and select it.
- Purchasing, Adapting or Developing the tool
- Performing initial training of the tool
- Integrating tool with other tools
- Purchasing hardware-software of the tool
- Immaturity of the organization.
- Artifacts created by tool is difficult to maintain because of multiple versions.
- Reduction of Test Analyst involvement in testing tasks.
How to Select Software Testing Tools
Listed below are some points to consider while selecting a QA testing tool-
- Positive ROI to get high value on investment tools
- Tools should be effective and should support the team members in their tasks in an effective and efficient way.
- Assess organization maturity.
- Identify requirements for the tool.
- Evaluate the tool
- Evaluate vendor or tool support.
- Identify the training required for the tool.
- Evaluate training needs for the tool.
- Evaluate training needs considering team capability.
- Estimate the cost-benefit.
Capabilities To Consider For Tool Selection
#1) Analysis: Will the tool understand the requirement?
- Will the tool design the test ware?
- Can the Design be generated automatically?
- Can the Code be generated automatically?
- Can the Test data be generated automatically?
#3) Data & Test Selection:
- How the tool select the data?
- Can the tool accept selection criteria?
- Can the tool determine which test is to be based on coverage?
- Can the tool do the traceability to determine which test cases are needed for the execution?
- Does the tool run automatically or manually?
- How does the tool stop or restart?
- Should the tool automatically update the test cases?
- How does the tool determine, if it recorded proper results?
- What type of recovery capability the tool does?
- Does the tool provide logger and reporting?
Testing Tool Lifecycle
- The tool must be acquired.
- The Test Manager should appoint a Test Analyst or Technical Test Analyst to administer the tool.
- Test Analyst/Technical Test Analyst decides how and when the tool is used and does stores?
#2) Support and Mountainous:
- Ongoing support and maintenance are required.
- If the tool works with another tool then data interchange and passing are determined.
#3) Evaluation: Continuous updating and maintenance of the tool.
- The tool is retired.
- Backup of data and storage.
- Test Management Tool:
- Coverage Metrics
- Available test
- Planed Execution Status
- Defect Management Tool:
- Info about defect
- Static Analysis Tool: Detect and Report Maintainability issue.
- Scalability of System: Performance tool.
- Coverage Tool: How much system is actually exercised?
We hope you learned about the important QA Testing Tools, various types of tools, How to select a testing tool, and what to look for in a testing tool from this article.