A complete review of the most popular Online Course Platforms & Websites for online course building and selling:
In modern times, you can get almost anything online. From clothes, shoes, and daily essential items to even complete, well-furnished houses, you can find and buy them online. Consequently, education has also adopted the online mode of transmission.
There are some very beneficial platforms that offer you productive tools for creating online courses, adopting marketing techniques, creating attractive landing and selling pages, accepting payments from all over the world, and much more.
Such platforms prove to be extremely advantageous for skillful people from different fields like Architecture, Animation, Photography, Health and Wellness, Finance, Marketing, Designing, Music, Crafts, etc.
What You Will Learn:
- Types of Online Course Platforms
- List of the Best Online Course Platforms
- Comparison of Some of the Best Online Teaching Platforms
- #1) LearnWorlds
- #2) iSpring Suite
- #3) Thinkific
- #4) Masterclass
- #5) Skillshare
- #6) Mighty Networks
- #7) Conversation Design Institute
- #8) Podia
- #9) Payhip
- #10) Udemy
- #11) Yondo
- #12) SocialGlow
- #13) Passion.io
- #14) Teachable
- #15) Kajabi
- #16) LearnDash
- #17) Ruzuku
- #18) WizIQ
- #19) Xperiencify
- #20) Academy of Mine
- #21) Reliablesoft Academy
- #22) iSpring Market
- #23) SkyPrep
- Other Notable Platforms
- FAQs About Online Course Websites
Types of Online Course Platforms
Types of Online Course Platforms: The online teaching platforms can be of different types, some are stated as under:
- Some learning sites offer you a compilation of courses from different course providers. For example, Udemy, Coursera, etc.
- Some sites like Teachable, Podia, and Thinkific allow you to build courses, with the help of the powerful tools they offer.
- Learning Management Systems: These systems offer modern teaching solutions, including online assessment tools, content management, tools to conduct virtual classes and quizzes, and much more, all in one integrated platform.
Recommended Reading =>> Top 100 Free Udemy Courses
In this article, we have made a well-researched list of the best Online Course Platforms and websites. Detailed reviews, comparisons, and Pro-tip are also given so that you can choose the best platform to create your online courses.
Market Trends: According to a report by Global Market Insights, the global eLearning software market was valued at $315 Billion in 2021 and is expected to grow at a Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) of 20% from the period 2022 to 2028, thus reaching an estimated value of $1 Trillion by 2028.
Expert Advice: While choosing a course building platform, look for the one which is easy to use and offers advanced tools for course building. For example, attractive templates and themes, scheduled classes, etc.
Some platforms offer you tools for gamification of the learning process, thus making students come again and again for learning.
List of the Best Online Course Platforms
Some of the most promising online course building platforms are:
- iSpring Suite
- Mighty Networks
- Conversation Design Institute
- Academy of Mine
- Reliablesoft Academy
- iSpring Market
Comparison of Some of the Best Online Teaching Platforms
|Website Name||Best for||Free Trial||Price||Rating|
|LearnWorlds||Offers reasonable pricing plans||Starts at $24 per month||Starts at $24 per month||4.7/5 stars|
|iSpring Suite||Busy creators who need to deliver high-quality courses quickly.||14-day trial is available||Starts at $770 per user/year||4.5/5|
|Thinkific||An easy to use, all-in-one online course platform.||Not available (A free version is available).||Starts at $39 per month||4.8/5 stars|
|Masterclass||Video lectures thought by famous professionals||NA||Starts at $15 / month (billed annually)||4.5/5|
|Skillshare||Allowing you to publish your courses for free.||Available||--||4.7/5 stars|
|Mighty Networks||Offering guidance on your online course-building journey.||Available||Starts at $99 per month||5/5 stars|
|Conversation Design Institute||Insightful Certification programs||Free access to trial courses||Starts at $499 for 6 month subscription of the All Course Access plan.||4.5/5 stars|
|Podia||An affordable online course platform||Available for 14 days.||Starts at $33 per month||5/5 stars|
|Payhip||Sell Digital and Physical Products||Free forever plan available||Starts at $29/month||4.5/5 stars|
|Udemy||Massive Course library||30-day money back guarantee||Starts at $14.99||4.5/5 stars|
|Yondo||Selling Online Courses Live||14 days||Starts at $69/month||4.5/5 stars|
|SocialGlow||Gamifying Communities and Courses||30 day trial||Starts at $49.95/month||4.5/5 stars|
|Passion.io||easy-to-use website-building tools and training on how to sell courses.||Not available||Starts at $79 per month||4.8/5 stars|
|Teachable||An all-in-one, powerful platform for creating online courses.||Not available (A free version is available).||Starts at $29 per month||5/5 stars|
|Kajabi||Offers highly useful learning resources.||Available for 14 days.||Starts at $119 per month||4.7/5 stars|
Best for offering affordable pricing plans.
LearnWorlds is a course-building platform. The software has tools for building, selling, and marketing courses, creating websites, reporting and analytical tools, and more.
LearnWorlds is trusted by companies like Brevo (formerly Sendinblue), Adidas, and more due to its usability, affordable pricing, and high customer satisfaction.
The platform is GDPR compliant and offers you some very useful integrations, including Google Analytics, Active Campaign, Facebook Pixel, ZenDesk, Fomo, Mailchimp, and many more.
- Get 24/7 customer service and a customer success manager.
- Mobile applications for iOS as well as Android users are available at additional costs.
- Integrations with API.
- Tools for building sites, pop-ups, checkout pages, certificates, and more.
- Lets you process payments through PayPal, Stripe, Shopify, and Pagseguro.
- Daily data backup.
- Reasonable pricing plans.
- Mobile application.
- The customer support team is nice.
- Some very useful features are available with the highest-paid plan only.
Verdict: LearnWorlds is an award-winning online course software, which was awarded for High User Satisfaction by Crozdesk in 2022, one of the Top 100 Fastest Growing Products by G2.com, and more.
We would recommend the software due to the set of tools offered at competitive prices. They do not charge any transaction fee, plus they give you a 30-day satisfaction guarantee.
Price: Price plans offered by LearnWorlds are:
- Starter: $24 per month
- Pro Trainer: $79 per month
- Learning Center: $249 per month
- High Volume & Corporate: Contact them directly to find out the pricing details.
#2) iSpring Suite
Best for busy creators who need to deliver high-quality courses quickly.
iSpring Suite is an all-in-one online course software that works based on PowerPoint.
With the help of the iSpring Suite course creation platform, teachers, instructors, and training specialists can produce engaging eLearning content with no prior experience or specific IT or design skills.
Tens of thousands of organizations and individuals in over 172 countries around the world choose iSpring Suite for their eLearning projects. The customer list includes major industry players like Boeing, Dell, Pfizer, Procter & Gamble, PepsiCo, Volkswagen, L’Oréal, as well as SMBs, academic institutions, and non-profit organizations.
- An intuitive PowerPoint interface
- Mobile-friendly courses, interactive quizzes, minigames, and role plays
- A built-in video studio to record screencasts, video lectures, and tutorials
- A vast number of options for publishing to LMSs and websites
- Advanced course design and collaboration options in the Max plan
- Zero learning curve
- Rapid tech support 24/7 via chat, email, and phone
- For Windows only
Verdict: iSpring Suite is a robust, award-winning software that enables the transformation of regular PPT slides to real courses in a breeze. It thus lends itself perfectly to in-house production. Plus, it’s great for freelancers and emerging instructional designers because they can now design courses like a pro from Day 1.
A free 14-day trial is available, with no credit card required. Pricing plans are:
- iSpring Suite – $770 per user/year
- iSpring Suite Max – $970 per user/year
Freelancers, academic institutions, and non-profits can request a special discount.
Best for being an easy-to-use, all-in-one online course platform.
Thinkific is trusted by over 50,000 course creators from all over the world. The platform, which has over 500 employees, comprises 48% of women in its leadership team.
The software offers you SSL certification, secure payment options, open API, and automation tools. You can track your students’ progress, give live or on-demand classes, sell and market your courses, integrate platforms, and much more with this platform.
- Easy to use, drag-and-drop course-building tools.
- Pre-built templates and themes.
- Tools for giving live lessons, conducting quizzes, giving certificates, and more.
- Integration with many platforms.
- A custom domain with all paid plans.
- Conduct live lessons, give completion certificates to the students, and get API access.
- API Access
- 24/7 support
- Easy to use online course-building tools
- Secure payment options
- Integration tools are not quite smooth in their functioning.
Verdict: Thinkific offers 24/7 customer support services, through email, chat, phone, and a knowledge base.
A free version is also offered that allows you to have an unlimited number of students, but you can create a limited number of courses with it. The platform will not charge you any transaction fees. Plus, you can accept payments from around 100 countries. The software is powerful and recommended.
Price: Thinkific offers a free version. Paid plans are:
- Basic: $39 per month
- Pro: $79 per month
- Premier: $399 per month
Best for video lectures taught by famous professionals.
Masterclass gives you unlimited access to over 180 classes in a wide range of fields for as low as $15/month. You’ll find video lectures here on a wide variety of subjects like arts, writing, gaming, food, design, wellness, science, and so much more. Each class comes with about 20 lessons that last 10 minutes on average.
The lessons can also be accessed from any device, be it a computer, mobile, or smart TV. Depending on the plan you subscribe to, you can also download these video lessons for offline viewing.
Further Reading => A Complete MasterClass Review
- 180+ Classes across 11 categories
- Watch on Computer, Tablet, or Mobile
- Offline Viewing
- Member Only Newsletter
- Lessons taught by famous professionals
- Flexible Pricing
- Learn at your own pace
- Bite-sized lessons
- No certification course offered
Verdict: With Masterclass, you get access to video lessons on a wide variety of subject matter, each conceived and thought by a celebrated expert in that field. Each lesson lasts for about 10 minutes on average, which means you don’t have to take a lot of time out of your busy schedule to watch these video lectures and get better in the field of your choosing.
- Individual Plan: 15/month
- Duo Plan: $20/month
- Family: $23/month (billed annually)
Best for allowing you to publish your courses for free.
Skillshare is a trusted online course creation platform used by creators coming from the fields of Animation, Photography, Data Science, Web Development, Crafts, Gaming, Marketing, and many more. The top instructors are earning more than $100,000 per annum with the help of this platform.
The platform is available in English, German, Spanish, French and Portuguese languages. You can download a mobile application for iOS or Android devices. The fact that you do not need to spend a hefty amount of fees for publishing your courses online. You just earn according to the minutes spent by students on your lessons.
Price: No fees are charged for publishing a class. You earn money according to the number of minutes spent on your published lessons. Contact them directly to find out more details.
#6) Mighty Networks
Best for offering guidance on your online course-building journey.
Mighty Networks is an online course software, which was built in 2017. The platform currently serves more than 100 million people from all over the world. This scalable platform helps you throughout your journey with learning resources and a dedicated support team.
- Mobile applications for Android and iOS users.
- Allows unlimited hosts and members with each plan.
- Tools for group messaging and one-on-one messaging.
- Collaboration tools include online events, Zoom integration, and more.
- API integrations and custom domains.
Verdict: The platform is affordable, gives priority support, even with its lowest-paid plan, and offers integrations that make it a recommended one. With Mighty Networks, you also get access to analytical data that helps you in deciding prices and other factors, while building your online course.
The mobile application offered by Mighty Networks makes the software easy to use.
Price: A free trial is available. Pricing plans are:
- Business Plan: $99 per month
- Community Plan: $33 per month
- Mighty Pro: Contact them directly for pricing.
Best for Insightful Certification programs.
Conversation Design Institute arms its students with a proven workflow that facilitates the creation of human-centric experiences for AI assistants. There are courses and certification programs offered here that’ll help you learn how to develop, design, and deploy conversational experiences like chatbots and voice assistants.
When you subscribe to their courses or certification program, you get access to a plethora of well-crafted CDI certification courses. These courses will sharpen your skills and help you learn about AI training and conversational copywriting at your own pace.
There are exclusive live expert classes being hosted by this institute as well, which can prove helpful in gaining a more profound understanding of the material.
- Courses on human-centric workflows
- Learn Conversational Copywriting
- Get trained in Fundamental Writing
- Get familiar with AI training and natural language understanding.
- Three types of certification training programs to choose from
- Learn at your own pace with step-by-step workflow
- Job Board available to help with career.
- Some may have an issue with the subscription plan.
Verdict: In hindsight, we believe Conversation Design Institute is a cut above the rest when it comes to institutions that offer courses on AI training, conversation copywriting, and conversational design. You get access to a ton of material on the subject matter along with quizzes and exercises to test your knowledge. Plus, you get to learn at your own pace without pressure.
Price: The institution offers subscription plans. They are as follows:
- All Course Access: 6 Month – $499, 12 Months – $899
- Certificate Exam: $999
- All Course Access + Certificate exam bundle: $1749
Best for being an affordable online course platform.
Podia was founded in 2014 to create user-friendly tools for building and selling online courses.
This Cloud-based platform is powerful and affordable at the same time. They offer you 24/7 customer service and integration with many platforms so that you can deliver the best learning experience to your students.
They also offer marketing tools, including email marketing, messaging, building a custom website, and more. The platform is suitable for creators of all ages, coming from all over the world.
- Each plan allows you to build unlimited courses and webinars and get email marketing tools.
- Get a Podia sub-domain, included with each plan.
- Tools to set up quizzes, offer coupons, on-page live chat, and more.
- Tools to track the progress of your students and send them emails/notifications.
- Get a customized, mobile-friendly website, or a Podia subdomain, or use your custom URL.
- Integration with many platforms.
- No pre-transaction fee.
- Free trial
- No mobile application.
Verdict: Podia is one of the best online course websites, which is trusted by over 50,000 creators.
You will not be charged a pre-transaction fee. You just need to pay the subscription charges. Plus, you can embed content into Podia, from over 1900 other platforms, including Twitter and GitHub.
Price: There is a free trial for 14 days. Price plans are:
- Mover: $33 per month
- Shaker: $75 per month
- Earthquaker: $166 per month
Best for Selling Digital and Physical Products.
Payhip is another platform that can help you sell digital products and online courses without a hassle. Not only can you sell any type of digital product via this platform but you also get the tools necessary to build an online course from scratch.
The platform also facilitates 1:1 coaching sessions. Besides this, Payhip also serves as a fantastic online store builder with tools to help customize your store a thousand different ways. After creating a store, you can connect your main and subdomain to Payhip without paying a dime.
- Sell Online Courses and Digital Products
- 1:1 Coaching Sessions
- Store Builder
- Email Marketing
- Connect Custom Domain
- Highly customizable
- User-friendly interface
- Facilitate membership-based subscription
- Tons of ready-made website themes to choose from
- No live chat
Verdict: Payhip covers you in two departments. You can get Payhip to help you create and sell courses live while also build a compelling online store complete with marketing features and a custom domain name.
- Free Forever Plan
- Plus: $29/month
- Pro: $99/month.
Best for Massive Course library.
Udemy offers over 210,000 video courses in 13 different categories. From courses in business and personal development to comprehensive technical programs in software and web development, the platform is home to a plethora of courses available in numerous valuable categories.
Once you do buy a course from Udemy, you get lifetime access to it. There is also a 30-day money back guarantee if you don’t like what was sold to you. The video courses can be accessed on both mobile and desktop. Plus, some courses also reward you with a certificate of completion. Udemy is also suitable for those who wish to teach or sell video courses as well.
- On-Demand Video courses in 13 categories
- Life-time access to course once bought
- Certificate upon completion of course
- Can gift the course to others.
- Video courses accessible via desktop and mobile
Further Reading => Simple Steps on How to Gift a MasterClass Course
- Not all courses are equal in quality.
Verdict: Udemy can serve as a good online course platform for a variety of folks who wish to upgrade their skills or pursue a new career opportunity. While not all courses are equal in quality, there is a rating system that you can refer to find only the best course to buy on the platform.
Price: Courses starting at $14.99.
Best for Selling Online Courses Live.
Yondo is a platform you can try to sell online sessions and video on demand courses live. You can basically start your own video streaming service with the help of Yondo, wherein you make your videos available for free to anyone who wishes to watch them on demand.
The platform arms you with all the tools you need to host live 1-to-1 sessions through your branded phone, video, or in-office sessions. You can also host webinars for free for up-to 1000 attendees. You can also seamlessly integrate Yondo with your website.
- Video On Demand
- Live 1:1 consultations
- Webinar Hosting
- Complete Ecommerce Solution
- Very easy to set-up
- Use plugins or custom templates for website integration
- Tons of prebuilt online store templates to choose from
- Too expensive
Verdict: Yondo’s best aspect is the full-featured eCommerce solution you get to build a responsive online store that can efficiently display and sell your digital products. It is expensive but the ability to host unlimited 1-1 sessions and webinars makes platform worth spending money on.
- 14 day free trial
- Starter: $69/month
- Professional: $139/month
- Premium: $349/month
Best for Gamifying Communities and Courses.
SocialGlow is a tool that lets you build an online community and host courses… all in one platform. You get a ton of powerful community building and course creation tools to make your job easier. It won’t take more than a few minutes to set-up a thriving community. You can reach out to potential members and invite them to join your community through a link send via SMS or email.
Perhaps the best aspect of SocialGlow is its gamification capabilities. The tool arms you with the tool necessary to boost engagement. For instance, you can trigger competition among your community members by setting up a leaderboard. The solution also lets you automate various aspects of your community. It’ll let you plan and schedule your events and content without a hassle.
- Connect with over 5000 Apps
- Powerful templates to easily create pop-ups, events, and groups
- Embed videos from YouTube, Wistia, etc
- Automate events, content, and groups.
- Host unlimited groups
- 24/7 Support
- Create unlimited courses
- The price may be too high for some users
Verdict: Powerful templates, intuitive gamification capabilities and superior automation are just a few things that make SocialGlow such a unique course/community building platform online. You’ll be able to create your courses within minutes and enhance their appeal via videos, lessons, transcriptions, etc.
- Basic: $49.95/month
- Plus: $99.95/month
- Premium: $299.95/month
Best for easy-to-use website-building tools and training on how to sell courses.
Passion.io is a highly useful platform that can help you in building your own app, and you do not need to write any codes for that. They offer you simple drag-and-drop editing tools for that purpose.
Apart from this, you get tools for live streaming, uploading downloadable content, giving interactive classes, setting automated push notifications, and more.
- Allows you to create your own app where you can upload unlimited courses.
- Tools for live streaming of your training course.
- Advanced tools to build attractive, engaging courses.
- Sales and marketing tools.
- Seamless payments processing, direct into your bank account.
Verdict: We liked the integrations offered by Passion. You can integrate with plenty of platforms to get over 3,000 services and create breathtaking courses and your own app. The platform is compatible with all devices and has more than 400k users.
Price: Price plans offered by Passion are:
- Pro: $79 per month
- Ultimate: $239 per month
- UltimatePLUS: Contact them directly for pricing.
Best for being an all-in-one, powerful platform for creating and conducting online courses.
Teachable is one of the best online course platforms, which is trusted by over 100,000 creators from all over the world. It is an all-in-one platform that offers affordable price plans and they take care of your taxes on your behalf. A free version is also offered.
The software can be deployed on a Cloud, SaaS, Web, or Mac/Windows desktop. The ease of use that the software offers is the best part of it, followed by reasonable pricing.
- Tools that let you create a course and customize it.
- Allows you to connect your existing website with Teachable, with a custom domain.
- Integration with a vast number of tools.
- Comprehensive dashboards to get insights about course sales and students.
- All the plans grant you to upload unlimited courses, offer unlimited video bandwidth, and let you enroll unlimited students.
- Tools to create attractive sales pages and offer your students discounts, coupons, and more.
- A free version.
- Easy to use tools for building courses.
- 2048-bit SSL certification ensures the safety of personal information.
- No mobile application.
Verdict: The platform allows you to receive payments in 130+ global currencies. They only work with PCI level-1 compliant payment providers so that all payment information remains secure.
With Teachable, instructors have earned $500 Million to date. The tools it offers for building courses, conducting quizzes, integration and more make the software a highly recommended one.
Price: Pricing plans are as follows:
- Pro: $99 per month
- Free: $0
- Basic: $29 per month
- Business: $249 per month
Best for offering highly useful learning resources.
Founded in 2010, Kajabi is one of the best online teaching platforms out there. Kajabi has created more than 300,000 products, helped creators earn more than $3.5 Billion, and helped in building over 100,000 businesses to date.
They also offer you free resources, including 350+ training videos, downloadable resources, and expert instructions, to teach you how to make your business a success.
- Offers ready-to-use templates and lets you build unlimited landing pages.
- Integration with Stripe and PayPal to process quick payments.
- Automation tools for setting up marketing campaigns.
- Fully integrated website building tools, including readymade themes and custom domains.
- No transaction fee
- Mobile application
- 24/7 customer support
- Learning Resources
- The software runs a bit slow at times, due to being too overloaded with features.
Verdict: Trusted by more than 50,000 creators including entrepreneurs and influencers from all over the world, Kajabi is a popular name. They will offer you a 30-day money-back guarantee. You can use your own domain name to give you 24/7 customer support services and advanced automation and marketing tools.
The software is buggy at times, but the features that it offers are commendable.
Price: Kajabi offers a free trial for 14 days. Price plans are:
- Basic: $119 per month
- Growth: $159 per month
- Pro: $319 per month
Best for being highly useful and easy to use.
LearnDash is one of the best online course platforms that lets you create beautiful-looking online courses, get automated notifications, build and share certificates as well as badges, integrate with your favorite applications, and run detailed reports on students’ enrollment, progress, and performance, and much more.
This Cloud-based software is GDPR compliant, thus you can rest assured about the privacy of your personal data.
- Easy to use drag-and-drop tools for building courses.
- Allows you to schedule classes and set start dates.
- Integration with PayPal, Stripe, WooCommerce, 2checkout, Mailchimp, Slack, Zapier, and many other highly useful platforms.
- Reporting tools for tracking progress, performance, and enrollments.
- Supports images, videos, audio, SWF files, HTML5, SCORM, xAPI, and more.
- Highly useful integrations.
- Affordable pricing.
- A 15-day money-back guarantee.
- The learning curve can be long, but once you get along, the platform will be very easy to use.
Verdict: LearnDash offers a 15-day money-back guarantee. You can cancel your subscription and pay nothing within the first 15 days of use in case it does not satisfy you with the services.
There is no free trial or free version, but the pricing plans are comparatively cheap. The quality of customer service is nice.
Price: Price plans offered by LearnDash are:
- Basic: $159 per year
- Plus: $189 per year
- Pro: $329 per year
Best for being extremely easy to use.
Ruzuku is a global online course software that is easy to use and is trusted by hundreds and thousands of authors, speakers, coaches, and bloggers.
The platform claims to have helped over 500,000 users in taking online courses offered through Ruzuku. Their customer service is incredible and the software can be deployed on the cloud, SaaS, or Web.
- Accept payments through Paypal or Stripe.
- Get comprehensive support and a dedicated account manager.
- You have your own domain
- Conduct polls, quizzes, and unlimited webinars.
- No transaction fees.
- Free trial
- Quick and easy payments.
- No mobile application.
Verdict: All the plans offered by Ruzuku allow you to enroll an unlimited number of students, build unlimited courses, get unlimited data storage, get dedicated fast servers, and a lot more.
You get a 30-day money-back guarantee, daily backup and integration tools, and bank-level security for your data.
Price: There is a free trial for 14 days. Price plans offered by Ruzuku are:
- University: Starts at $125 per month
- Up-and-Comer: $83.08 per month
- Bootstrapper: $74.75 per month
Best for being an affordable Learning Management System.
WizIQ is a cloud-based, one of the best online courses platforms, founded in 2007.
The platform has helped deliver over 70,000 online courses to date, by offering tools for conducting virtual classes, video streaming, assessments, content authoring, and much more.
- Share files such as PPTs, Videos, Docs, PDFs, etc.
- Built-in collaboration tools include an interactive, digital whiteboard, screen sharing, and more.
- 256-bit AES Encryption for your data.
- Allows an unlimited number of meetings and participants.
- Compatible with all devices.
- Mobile application.
- 24/7 live support.
- Highly useful integrations.
- Lacks tools for certification and evaluation.
Verdict: It is an easy-to-use course-building platform that is used by 400,000+ educators and trainers and 4.5 million learners to date.
The software offers a highly useful knowledge base and 24/7 live customer service. We recommend the software to organizations looking for a solution to the remote learning process.
Price: Pricing starts at $25 per month.
Best for gamification of the learning process.
Xperiencify was founded in 2019 with the mission of introducing gamification into the learning process so that the course completion rate could rise. Apart from the very useful range of features, the platform offers you some learning resources on marketing, eLearning, and more.
- Get a custom domain.
- Gamification of learning: lets you give points/rewards to students each time they come for learning.
- Advanced reporting tools for measuring performance, tracking course completion, content popularity, and more.
- Can conduct quizzes and assessments.
- Tools to build sales pages, funnel pages, etc.
- Highly useful integrations.
- Advanced API access.
- Tools to attract students to learn more.
- Advanced reporting tools.
- You can create your online course for free. Pay when you publish it.
- No mobile application yet. But they have notified me that one will be offered soon.
Verdict: Each plan offered by Xperiencify creates unlimited courses and enrolls an unlimited number of students. We liked the advanced reporting tools offered by the software.
The only two drawbacks are that they do not offer a mobile application and they do not have the features to build and share completion certificates with the students. But they have notified it through their website that a mobile application and many new features will be on board very soon.
Price: Price plans offered by Xperiencify are:
- Launch: $42 per month
- Growth: $117 per month
- Enterprise: Contact directly for prices.
#20) Academy of Mine
Best for being an effective and user-friendly course-building platform.
Founded in 2014, the Academy of Mine is a cloud-based, powerful, and award-winning LMS platform.
The integration tools offered by the software make it easy for you to get your tasks done in a single place. Plus, the platform is available in many languages, including English, Spanish, French, and more.
- Tools to translate the lessons into non-English languages.
- Tools for conducting quizzes, assessments, surveys, and evaluations.
- Get a custom domain.
- TLS 2.0 encryption to keep your data safe.
- An integrated dashboard that allows you to manage your courses in a single place.
- A dedicated account manager.
- API access.
- Integration with many platforms.
- The learning curve is a bit steep.
Verdict: The software is costly, but you will love it once you use it. The 24/7 customer services are praiseworthy and the software is easy to use. This all-in-one software is compatible with all devices and gives you standard data security, which makes it a highly recommended one.
Price: Price plans are:
- Essentials: $599 per month
- Professional: $899 per month
- Enterprise: Custom Pricing
Website: Academy of Mine
#21) Reliablesoft Academy
Best for training on digital marketing of websites.
Founded in 2002, Reliablesoft Academy is basically a digital marketing agency.
The platform provides you with various certification courses on digital marketing and gives you various services, including SEO training, SEO services, web designing, and more.
- SEO training services, SEO audit services, SEO services.
- Training courses on digital marketing.
- A free eBook on SEO tips.
- Web designing services.
Verdict: The platform offers you a 60-day money-back guarantee. They also let you get a free eBook on SEO tips.
We recommend a platform for those who want to get their online course website built by experts and want training on how to build traffic for their website and thus lead towards growth.
Price: Price plans offered by Reliablesoft Academy are:
- Ultimate Digital Marketing Bundle: $149
- Digital Marketing Full Course Bundle: $119
- The Complete SEO Course Bundle: $89
Website: Reliablesoft Academy
Further Reading => List of the Best Online Community Platforms
#22) iSpring Market
Best for employee training programs.
iSpring Market is a 21-year-old platform that has 364 employees and 59,000 clients from across the globe.
Headquartered in Virginia, the USA, iSpring Market has been featured as ‘Best Support- Winter 2021’ by G2.com, ‘Top LMS for Employee Training- 2022’, and many more.
- Tools for conducting assessments and quizzes.
- Easy drag-and-drop tools for building courses.
- Reports that let you track the performance of your learners.
- Compatible with all devices.
- Allows you to accept payments in 30 currencies from all over the globe.
Verdict: iSpring Market is an award-winning software for employee training.
The range of features offered is highly useful. With iSpring Market, you can create mobile-friendly eLearning materials, build conversation simulations to develop the communication skills of your employees, do their assessments, and much more.
Price: Price plans offered by iSpring Market are:
- 500 users, 25 GB: $77 per month
- 1000 users, 50 GB: $147 per month
- 2000 users, 100 GB: $277 per month
- A tailored plan with custom pricing.
Website: iSpring Market
Best for being an all-in-one LMS platform.
SkyPrep is a GDPR-compliant online course software. The platform offers you solutions for remote training, conducting virtual classes, building and selling courses, and much more.
SkyPrep has delivered more than 850K courses to date and more than 500 companies trust this platform for employee training programs.
- Available in English, Spanish, French, German, Portuguese, and Russian languages.
- Applications to build courses, tests, and surveys with automated grading.
- Automation tools for sending notifications through emails, generation of completion certificates, and more.
- Reporting tools that give you insights into the performance of your learners.
- Tools for customizing logos, certificates, and more.
- Integration with PayPal, Zoom, Stripe, Microsoft Teams, Google Apps, and more.
Verdict: Trusted by companies like eBay, Goodwill, Joint Commission International, and more, SkyPrep is used by 1,000,000 learners from across the globe.
The platform has everything you need for a course-building platform. The software is highly useful, as it offers some very useful integrations, automation and reporting tools, and much more.
Price: There is a free trial for 14 days. The price plans offered by SkyPrep are:
Contact them directly to get a price quote.
Other Notable Platforms
Best for being a powerful yet easy-to-use LMS platform.
ShowTime is a Zoho product and is recommended and one of the best online course websites.
With this platform, you can create and sell powerful online courses. The platform offers integration and payment processing tools so that you can deliver your services globally. You can use the platform in many languages, including English, Spanish, French, Italian and more.
Price: A free trial is available. Contact them directly to get a price quote, based on your needs.
Best for being a simple and affordable LMS platform.
Treachery is a user-friendly platform for building courses. With its monthly or yearly subscription plan, you can create unlimited courses and landing pages, and enroll an unlimited number of students.
Plus, you get tools for custom analytics, lesson drip scheduling, easy course editing, and much more. The platform is affordable and easy to use, thus making it popular among small to medium course builders.
Price: There is a free trial for 14 days. Price plans are as follows:
- Monthly Plan: $49 per month
- Yearly Plan: $470 per year
#26) Digital Course Hive
Best for being an all-in-one and affordable platform for course creators.
Digital Course Hive is a platform for creating, selling, and managing online courses. It offers you tools for course creation, website building, email automation, marketing, e-commerce, and more.
Price: There is a free trial for 14 days. Price plans are:
- Starter: $39 per month
- Business: $79 per month
- Growth: $159 per month
Website: Digital Course Hive
FAQs About Online Course Websites
Q #1) Which is the best online course platform?
Answer: Teachable, Podia, Thinkific, Kajabi, LearnDash, WizIQ, Academy of Mine, and SkyPrep are some of the best online course platforms.
These are all-in-one platforms and are trusted by millions of instructors as well as learners from across the globe.
Q #2) Which is the best free online platform for teaching?
Answer: Skillshare is the best free online platform for teaching. The platform will not charge you any fees for publishing your courses online. In return, they pay you based on the number of minutes for which the learners have viewed your course.
Apart from this, the platform offers you a ‘New Teacher Program’, to guide you on how to be successful in the field, and gives you tools for course creation, growing followers, and more.
Q #3) What are online platforms for education?
Answer: There are some online platforms that help with online courses.
These platforms act as institutes for the instructors as well as the learners, where the learners have to pay a small sum of fees for getting training/certification in their desired field, and the instructors do not need to find well-paying jobs, they can create online courses, just by staying at their homes, and get paid by teaching their unique, exceptional skills.
Q #4) How do you promote learning in online classes?
Answer: In online classes, you can adopt the following measures to promote learning:
- Gamification of learning: If you give rewards/points to students for each lesson learned, you can engage more students.
- Videos showing the actual practice of the lessons in real life will be more beneficial as compared to theoretical lessons.
- Adopting advanced technologies for building attractive courses and peer evaluation can also be useful in promoting learning in online classes.
Q #5) What factors to consider while choosing an online course builder platform?
Answer: Consider the following factors:
- Easy drag-and-drop editing tools.
- Data encryption and other data security features.
- Pre-built templates to help you build alluring courses in minutes.
- You can offer discounts/coupons to the students.
- Allows you to offer multiple payment options to students.
- Mobile application.
The modern digital age has brought drastic changes in the methods of transmitting education to learners. Even the reputed, top universities in the world are now offering online classes, eLearning resources, online assessments, etc.
Skillful minds can now earn from the comfort of their homes by creating attractive learning resources and publishing them on popular online teaching platforms.
Some of the very useful and highly recommended online course platforms are Teachable, Podia, Thinkific, Kajabi, LearnWorlds, Ruzuku, Xperiencify, and Academy of Mine.
All these online course platforms offer you tools for course building, selling, marketing, and more, thus making it extremely easy for you to grow in your profession by adopting best practices.
- Time to research this article: We spent 14 hours researching and writing this article so you can get a useful summarized list of tools with a comparison of each for your quick review.
- Total Platforms Researched: 35
- Top Platforms Shortlisted : 20