What You Will Learn:
Software Testing Course Syllabus and Training Plan
Brief introduction to software systems and SDLC
- Basic Testing Vocabulary
- Quality Assurance versus Quality Control
- The Cost of Quality
- Software Quality Factors
- How Quality is Defined
- Why Do We Test Software?
- What is a Defect?
- The Multiple Roles of the Software Tester(People Relationships)
- Scope of Testing
- When Should Testing Occur?
- Testing Constraints
- Life Cycle Testing
- Independent Testing
- What is a QA Process?
- Levels of Testing
- The “V” Concept of Testing
- Structural versus Functional Technique Categories
- Verification versus Validation
- Static versus Dynamic Testing
- Examples of Specific Testing Techniques
- Test Planning
- Customization of the Test Process
Create the Test Plan
- Prerequisites to test planning
- Understand the Characteristics of the Software Being Developed
- Build the Test Plan
- Write the Test Plan
- Test Cases:
- Test case Design
- Building test cases
- Test data mining
- Test execution
- Test Reporting
- Defect Management
- Test Coverage – Traceability matrix
Test Metrics – Guidelines and usage
- Guidelines for writing test reports
Test Tools used to Build Test Reports
- Software Configuration Management
- Change Management
Risks – Risk Analysis and Management with examples
User Acceptance testing – in detail explanation with details
Case Study: How to test web, stand alone and database applications – with examples.
Help with resume and testing interview skills.
Software Testing Training Course Week 5:
Automation Testing Basics
- Basics of automation testing – why, when and how to perform automation testing
- Factors for choosing a particular tool
- An overview for the major functional testing tools
- Overview of Test management and bug tracking tools
=> See more details of this online software testing course on this page.