The Comparison of the best Agile Testing Tools in 2023:
Agile development is evolved through self-organized teams. It is a type of Incremental Model and these small incremental releases are built on previous functionality.
All these releases are tested thoroughly to ensure whether the quality of the product or project is maintained or not. A Software Testing practice that follows Agile Software Development Principles is called Agile Testing. Agile Testing saves a lot of time and money.
It takes regular feedback from the customers and conducts daily meeting with all business stakeholders which helps to address all the issues in a good manner.
One of the most important advantages of Agile Testing is that it accepts last-minute changes and does not follow any project plan. Due to this, more and more teams are adopting the agile framework.
Testers in the Agile project may be using different testing tools to test various functionalities within the application. Many agile development teams have different approaches to testing like Functional Testing, Exploratory Testing, Automation Testing, etc.
=> Contact us to suggest a listing here.
What You Will Learn:
Most Popular Agile Testing Tools
We will take a look at the most popular Agile Testing Tools which are used in our day-to-day testing activities:
JunoOne is a Great tool for Agile Test Case Management and Issue Tracking with powerful JIRA integration.
Work efficiently with sophisticated Test Case Management system JunoOne, designed to streamline Test Management and Incident management. Test Management Software JunoOne offers a number of tools that will make all the testing activities well arranged, help organize your work, control the individual steps, and the overall state of the projects.
JunoOne offers several features throughout the whole process. It starts with creating the campaign and performing test analysis. Then you plan to test and run the tests. Last but not least, it solves the issues and protects your data.
PractiTest is used as a test management tool for agile testing. It is easy to learn, affordable & flexible, and helps both the developers and testers. PractiTest includes requirements, test runs, results, issues, reporting and provides the detailed status of your project. It manages development and testing processes and has control of each and every task.
PractiTest provides information to different stakeholders – developers, testers, senior management, etc in the way in which they require. It has the capability to display information in multiple ways at a glance.
- It can be integrated with tools like JIRA, Jenkins, Selenium, TestComplete, etc.
- It has a hierarchical tree structure to manage and find information.
- The powerful and customized dashboard provides relevant and accurate information.
- Easily imports existing data.
- Complex database queries can be easily generated.
- Creates manual tests and organizes them based on sprints.
- PractiTest has the capability to create bugs directly from the test run.
QMetry Test Management is an AI Driven Enterprise-grade Test Management for Agile/DevOps Teams with Best-in-class Scalable Performance. It is designed to address the specific challenges faced in DevOps environments. QMetry Test Management seamlessly integrates into CI/CD pipelines, streamlining the testing process and offering real-time insights through centralized reporting.
With its integration capabilities with popular DevOps tools like Jenkins, Bamboo, Maven, Git, SVN, Bitbucket, GitLab Runners, GitHub Actions, Circle CI & Azure DevOps, QMetry Test Management facilitates seamless collaboration between development, testing, and operations teams.
It is the only tool to have QQBot leveraging the Power of AI in test authoring, test execution, and quality analytics resulting in increased speed and agility. Additionally, QMetry Test Management serves as a single platform to manage both automated and manual test projects, offering better scalability and enhanced performance.
- Test Authoring and Test Execution?: It offers BDD for agile test authoring support to clearly communicate the benefits of features and bring even more value to your testing?, Reusability features like sharing steps & Data Parameterization to enhance productivity & ease of use and QQBot as the only AI tool to churn out data, produce actionable intelligence and optimize recommendations?.
- Quality Analytics: It offers 140+ off the shelf diversified reports such as traceability, coverage,?execution progress, bug analysis, target vs. actual executions, visual report creation, query based custom reports to offer smart actionable insights for real-time project progress monitoring and validating release decisions to reduce cost.
- Audit and Compliance: It offers features like an audit log report, eSignature approval workflow, 21 CFR Part 11 compliance, and GDPR certification. These features enable secure and traceable processes while maintaining data privacy and meeting regulatory requirements.
- Scalable Architecture: Enables users with easy integration for all test automation frameworks – Selenium, QAF, TestNG, JUnit, Cucumber, HP UFT, Robot. Integrates with DevOps CI/CD tools like Jenkins, Bamboo, Maven, Git, SVN, Bitbucket, GitLab Runners, GitHub Actions, Circle CI, Azure DevOps and your custom scripts with 150+ Open APIs. It also enables users with easy integration for all test automation frameworks and allows test execution through automation agent.
- Migration Adoption: It simplifies the migration process by offering an out-of-the-box migration path. It provides utilities for seamless migration from TestRail, Open Text ALM, Zephyr Squad, and Zephyr Enterprise for hassle-free and seamless adoption of QMetry Test Management.
- Enhanced Collaboration and Visibility: It provides a centralized platform where developers, testers, and operations teams can work together, share information, and track progress in real-time.
- Improved Performance: It is designed to handle large-scale test data and test cases without compromising on performance. Its robust architecture ensures smooth navigation and responsiveness, even with substantial testing data. It is the only AI tool with QQBot featuring auto prediction of duplicate test assets and predictive coverage suggestion to increase reusability. Artificial intelligence is needed to boost human efforts and to gain the desired levels of speed and quality.
- Reduced Time to Market: QMetry Test Management helps organizations optimize their testing efforts, identify and fix issues earlier in the development cycle, and ensure a faster time-to-market for high-quality software products.
- Optimized ROI: It builds software quality at speed meaning it improves ROI by improving testing efficiency, enhancing collaboration, providing actionable insights, and reducing the overall cost of software testing.
JIRA is an Agile Testing as well as a Project Management Tool developed by Atlassian. Atlassian Corporation Plc is a software company that develops products for project managers, software developers, etc. Atlassian was launched in 2002 with its headquarters in Sydney, Australia.
Its revenue was around $620 million in 2017 with a total employee count of around 2,200 and serves around 60K customers across the globe. Atlassian is well known for its tool – JIRA which is used for defect tracking, planning, reports, and managing all agile software development projects.
- JIRA supports an agile methodology like Scrum, Kanban, etc.
- It has a strong reporting feature that provides access to dozens of reports with real-time team performance.
- Plans and forecasts roadmap and are able to make informed decisions.
- Customized filters using JIRA Query Language.
- It can be integrated with the developer tools for end-to-end traceability.
TestRail is a modern Agile Testing Tool owned by Gurock Software Company. Gurock was launched in 2004 with its headquarters in Berlin, Germany. Gurock Software specializes in software development and QA. Products developed at Gurock are helpful for customers worldwide to build their software.
Currently, many large-scale organizations such as Microsoft, Dell, Oracle, Intel, HP, Adobe, etc are using their products. TestRail is a web-based tool used by the testing team to manage Agile Testing Efforts. TestRail is specifically designed for the purpose of supporting an agile project milestone using sprints, various reports, and metrics.
- TestRail manages test cases, test runs, tracks test results, and manages entire Testing efforts.
- TestRail integrates with automation tools like JIRA, Jenkins, and Selenium.
- Using its cloud edition, you can use it without installation or set-up.
- Easily selects test cases based on the filter for execution and stores the result using the modern interface.
- Various dashboards, reports, and email notifications keep the user informed throughout the testing cycle.
- It can be integrated with Bugzilla, GitHub, Rally, TFS, FogBugz, etc.
Visit the official website: TestRail
SoapUI is an agile testing tool and is the most advanced REST and Service-Oriented Architecture (SOA) which was developed by SmartBear. SmartBear is a Software Information Technology Company that was launched in 2009 with its headquarters in Boston, USA.
SoapUI is basically used for functional testing of web services. This includes web service development, invoking of web services, etc. Using SoapUI, Test cases are easily created for web services. It has strong a GUI which helps to execute tests and analyze the reports in the GUI itself.
- SoapUI is a free and open-source tool.
- SoapUI supports SOAP web service functional testing and REST API functional testing.
- It allows to create and execute functional, regression, and load tests.
- Test cases can be easily created using the drag and drop interface.
- SoapUI provides complete test coverage and supports all standard protocols.
- It supports multiple environments and data-driven testing.
Visit the official site: SoapUI
VersionOne was launched in 2002 but as of 2017, it is acquired by Collabnet Inc. VersionOne develops agile software solutions and services for fortune 100 companies. It is headquartered in Alpharetta, Georgia, and other offices are in Atlanta and Amsterdam.
VersionOne is an agile testing tool as well as an Agile project management tool to support agile methodologies such as Scrum, Kanban XP, Lean, etc. It provides a centralized view of the backlog with a drag and drop interface.
- VersionOne provides centralized project management and improves project visibility.
- Stories and epics can be managed across multiple projects and project teams.
- Easily defines and tracks delivery across all the projects and project has visibility across the entire project lifecycle.
- It allows the user to prioritize stories and defects using the drag and drop interface.
- VersionOne can be integrated with JIRA, Jenkins, TFS, GitHub, etc
Visit the official site: VersionOne
#8) Selenium WebDriver
Selenium WebDriver is an agile automation tool that is widely used across the software industry. In today’s technology, the word “Agile” and “Automation” are used frequently due to their huge advantages.
It is truly required in the software industry to run any project in agile methodology and run repeatable tests using automation – Selenium WebDriver for a web-based application.
Selenium WebDriver is used very often in many agile projects as every team member can contribute to automating the test cases.
- Selenium WebDriver is used only to automate browser-based applications and it does not support desktop-based applications.
- Keyword-driven framework can be easily built using Selenium WebDriver
- Simulates how an actual user can interact with the application using automated test cases.
- It supports JAVA, C#, Python, Ruby, PHP programming languages to write automation scripts.
Visit the official site: Selenium WebDriver
Apache JMeter is an agile performance testing tool written in JAVA language. It is designed to measure the performance of an application and its functional behavior under a specific load. Using JMeter you can simulate a heavy load on the webserver and analyze its performance.
- JMeter is an open-source tool.
- Graphical analysis is possible for the performance measurement of the application under different types of load.
- Ability to perform Load and Performance testing on different applications, servers, etc.
- Extended plug-in support for data analysis and visualization.
- JMeter can be used for static and dynamic resources like Servlets, Java Objects, and FTP servers to measure their performance.
Visit the official site: JMeter
#10) qTest Scenario
qTest Scenario is a JIRA plug-in that is used for agile testing. It helps the project team to take a test-first approach in agile testing. qTest Scenario manages the creation of test cases, execution, defect tracking, and results.
- It is built specifically for BDD, TDD, and ATDD approach.
- Can easily import and export the existing files.
- It provides a Gherkin editor for scenario and feature development.
- Test scenarios can be executed using manual method through the JIRA interface or using automation through Maven or Ruby.
- Analyzes test coverage and features.
- It can create custom reporting using JIRA and can compare velocity reporting.
- For automated test results, it can be integrated with Cucumber via Maven.
Visit the official site: qTest
#11) Pivotal Tracker
Pivotal Tracker is a project management tool that is used for the purpose of project planning. It is based on Agile development methodology, however, it works well in all types of project models such as the Waterfall model, Iterative model, V-model, etc.
Tracker also helps in iteration planning during agile testing. It helps to break down a large project into small tasks or chunks and can be managed and delivered easily. The agile team delivers the project consistently with the help of a tracker.
It helps to get the collaborative view of the entire team and analyzes the progress of the team at the end progress of the project. It shows project status at a glance.
- A shared view of the team helps to prioritize the project task.
- Easily visualize the scope and focused teamwork.
- The project team gets the real-time progress view and shows team status.
- Can get a clear and single view of who is responsible for which task and what is a team member’s next task.
- It helps to keep a track of all the stories from the project start to its successful delivery.
- Pivotal Tracker provides configuration updates.
- Powerful Search support in the tracker also saves the regular searches to use later when required.
- Easy drag and drop facility to attach the files, presentations, etc
Visit the official site: Pivotal Tracker
Zephyr is a real-time Test Management Tool that was developed considering today’s technical era, newly developed complex business applications, and was designed to satisfy dynamic changes in the testing processes. It manages all processes, tasks associated with the software testing lifecycle and delivers a high-quality product.
Along with the agile methodology, Zephyr is useful for various other methodologies such as Waterfall, V-Model, etc. Zephyr is integrated with JIRA so that testing activities are managed easily. With this Zephyr add-in into JIRA, you can track the project status and deliver a quality product.
- It can be integrated with JIRA, Selenium, Jenkins, QTP, Bamboo, etc.
- Zephyr for JIRA is integrated within JIRA such as look and feel similar to JIRA.
- Imports user stories and maintains traceability inside Zephyr for JIRA.
- Tests can be created & modified and also plans test execution cycles.
- Tests are organized in structure folder management so that they are easily reusable.
- Zephyr builds test cycles, aligns sprint, and assigns resources for execution.
- Executes tests, stores test results into Zephyr, and easily tracks quality metrics.
- Zephyr Enterprise provides all information such as project, sprint, and release at a glance
Visit the official site: Zephyr
Worksoft, the industry leader in continuous test automation for enterprise applications, continues to be the top choice for global enterprises looking to accelerate Agile-plus-DevOps initiatives and achieve true end-to-end business process automation at a massive scale.
Worksoft Certify provides an Agile testing framework that enables non-technical users, developers, and test automation professionals to work together in an Agile fashion and easily integrate into DevOps tools, chains, and processes.
- Enable Agile adoption by building automation closer to development sprint when documentation is top of mind
- Quickly identify and document existing business processes and variations
- Achieve end-to-end business process testing across enterprise applications
- Efficiently keep pace with complex application landscapes and frequent application updates
- Uncover and resolve data transfer problems and system issues before production outages occur
Testiny – a new, straightforward test management tool, but much more than just a slimmed-down app.
Being built on the latest technologies, Testiny aims to make testing and test management in an agile development process as seamless as possible. It helps testers perform tests without adding bulky overhead to the testing process – simply, lean, agile.
Don’t just take our word for it, take a look at Testiny yourself.
Testiny is perfect for small to mid-sized agile QA teams looking to boost their software testing within their agile development process.
- Free for open-source projects and small teams with up to 3 people.
- Intuitive and simple out of the box.
- Easily create and handle your test cases, test runs, etc.
- Powerful integrations (e.g. Jira, …)
- Seamless integration in the development process (linking requirements and defects)
- Instant updates – all browser sessions stay in sync.
- Immediately see if a colleague made changes, completed a test, etc.
- Powerful REST API
- Organize your tests in a tree-structure – intuitive and easy.
Through this article, we have learned about various Agile Testing Tools and their key features.
The list is not limited but includes many other tools which are used based on the project requirement and project budget.